53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Azealia Banks

Azealia Banks: Gamma (ILI or SEE), or Alpha (SEI or ILE); or SLE-Se or SLI

Robert Christgau:

https://www.robertchristgau.com/get_...=Azealia+Banks

Broke With Expensive Taste [Prospect Park, 2014]
    The articulation of our most musical young rapper is crystalline without flaunting its precision. Her singing rolls full and easy from somewhere in her torso. The grain of her voice is both pretty and sensual. And unlike her male counterparts she doesn't equate sex with power--there's verbal as well as vocal evidence that she feels it elsewhere than her genitalia. That said, she does seem to equate rapping with power--her troubles are the usual star-time overindulgences, and just about every terrific song here is a boast one way or another. Yet just about every song is a serious pleasure regardless. Here's hoping that when she achieves the security she deserves, she uses her IQ for something more useful than battling a melanin-deprived rival who admits more vulnerabilities than she does. A

1991 [Interscope EP, 2012]
    Four tracks, 14 minutes of music, topped inevitably by "212" (and if you're not among the video's 20 million hits, succumb now). All of said songs top this eye-on-the-prize Harlemite's many other YouTube offerings, some of which might in turn sound dandy mixed into the mixtape and official album we are assured will soon-come. One might bitch about the chopped-and-screwed monologue that brings total time to 16 minutes, only it's funnier and more pointed than the Clyde Smith skits it bites from Ghostface. So I hope this is the dancey hip-hop Nicki Minaj's haters claim to miss and know full well it's too effing dancey for 'em--not to mention too virtuosic, beatwise, layered, less-is-more, and much. Quick-tongued, lascivious, catchy, and delighted with itself, there hasn't been a more pleasurable record all year and probably won't be--not even by her. A
    Last edited by HERO; 06-01-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azealia Banks - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

Azealia Banks2.jpg

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI contact subtype

edit: she's rough around the edges probably owing to her difficult childhood. In her music themes of sexual power, social hierarchies, force, and dynamic emotions are all consistent with IEI
    Last edited by nefnaf; 06-03-2018 at 02:36 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She looks SEE to me.

Not only is she beautiful (Gamma SF), but she's clearly nuts in a very attractive way. Seems like Activity-Party Animal to me....

If not SEE, then possibly a very "Se" ESI-Se.

*EDIT* She has a "lush" beauty that IEI's do not.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma doesn't have a monopoly on physical beauty lol.

She has a tendency of scuttling business deals over relatively petty personal differences - indicates in 4th position. SEE would suck it up for the sake of making $$$

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post

She has a tendency of scuttling business deals over relatively petty personal differences - indicates in 4th position. SEE would suck it up for the sake of making $$$
    I know nothing about her beyond watching her "212" video, so I can't speak to that part. But if she "scuttles business deals over petty personal differences", that seems 4D Fi to me, which agrees with your analysis, @nefnaf.

And I agree that Gamma doesn't have a monopoly on physical beauty. I think every quadra has beauties in it. It's just that the kind of beauty is specific to each given quadra.

Here, for example, is an Alpha beauty: https://i.imgur.com/KrBzvKR.jpg
    Here is a typically Beta beauty: https://i.imgur.com/2wgjlXV.gifv
    Here is a typically Gamma beauty (on the right): https://i.imgur.com/cwSjvXJ.jpg
    and here is a typical Delta beauty: https://i.imgur.com/01SPmfv.jpg

Actually, I should post pics of an example of a woman of every type, not just representatives of the quadras. I can include sub-types in many cases.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I know nothing about her beyond watching her "212" video, so I can't speak to that part. But if she "scuttles business deals over petty personal differences", that seems 4D Fi to me
    Here is an article with background on some of her business dealings. Despite her musical talents she's not very business-savvy.

can't say I approve of typing anyone based purely on a music video, or any scripted performance for that matter. I would never suggest a type for someone without at least checking out one or two unscripted interviews. When performing someone can easily come across like an extravert, while actually being a clear introvert per interviews. Other way around is also possible.

As for physical looks, I wouldn't say people look similar to their own quadra so much as their own temperament. Even then, intratype variation is huge.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess she does kinda look like a black Fiona Apple.

The article you linked does make her sound very IEI @nefnaf
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can also say her “Ice Princess” video is one of the more interesting things I’ve seen recently. LOL
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the most glaringly obvious Se-SEE

please listen to this before being wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Se

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post

I don't agree with this.

SEEs don't act particularly logically and I've seen how a few of them behave in business, and the one I am thinking of had trouble not telling people to fuck off when she thought they were just stupid even if it was in her interest to be nice since she owned the business and telling customers to get lost just because they annoy you isn't the best policy if you wanna make money.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She's not SEE.. She didn't pass my SEE standards. I'm not like her. She might be IEI

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    She's not SEE.. She didn't pass my SEE standards. I'm not like her. She might be IEI
    She's a IEI-creative drama queen, she focuses more on her values unlike more flexible ESFx who actually have the capacity to be quite bitchy.
    Last edited by Soupman; 06-13-2018 at 07:07 PM.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    ESTp
    She's too emotional - she's not logical like Katy Hopkins (SLE- tense subtype) or Ann Coulter (possibly LSE-extroverted/tense subtype), they just troll by looking at the logic, factual details of the situation as opposed to tapping into the emotionalism. They are dry in their trolling, yet energetic.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Added

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/see-fi/

SEE-Fi is SUPER obvious.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Added

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/see-fi/

SEE-Fi is SUPER obvious.
    VI isn't deterministic and really there's no way people in entertainment can easily succeed without emulating contactors.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/ Random collection of images!

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma SF, SEE or ESI-Se, Sx first.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm seriously so confused by these new celebrities

I could've sworn azelea banks was actually iggy azalea

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I'm seriously so confused by these new celebrities

I could've sworn azelea banks was actually iggy azalea
    Same.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost every type suggested. Nice.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's how you know you made it

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a few pics she looked EIE imo, yet in some others she looked differently. She is difficult to type.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi creative?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always saw her as an SLE, but there's still a chance that she is a EIE.

I think she has mental problems though, she definitely has some unresolved issues to work out.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    I've always saw her as an SLE, but there's still a chance that she is a EIE.

I think she has mental problems though, she definitely has some unresolved issues to work out.
    Lol definitely not SLE. She's all bark and no bite.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fairygodfather View Post
    Lol definitely not SLE. She's all bark and no bite.

Committing violence isn't a requirement to be an SLE type. If that's what you mean.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Committing violence isn't a requirement to be an SLE type. If that's what you mean.
    I'm talking about her affect mostly.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fairygodfather View Post
    I'm talking about her affect mostly.

Yeah she doesn't really say anything with any earnestness. That's why even when she says outrageous shit its hard to take it seriously.
    @qaz00 she has had significant self destructive relationship issues in her life. While I don't think its impossible for an Fi creative to be self destructive, her antics make it hard to believe she is one.

check out this piece on her:

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/16/176927...imes-explained