I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si preciousness

I have been typed as ISFp. It means that I get impressions/symbols associated with the objects and stimulus around me. Now my question:
    What's that useful for?
    What are your abilities as an introverted sensor? What distinguishes an Si-ego from non Si-egos (in objective terms)?
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 05-01-2019 at 10:54 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good question

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SiFe/FeSi has a cognition for smooth consensus-building....thus, my read is that megatrop just started this thread because he has undertaken a campaign to persuade the forum he's not SEI-Fe but wants to be smooth about it. So whatever any so-called Si says about their Si he will disidentify from.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    SiFe/FeSi has a cognition for smooth consensus-building....thus, my read is that megatrop just started this thread because he has undertaken a campaign to persuade the forum he's not SEI-Fe but wants to be smooth about it. So whatever any so-called Si says about their Si he will disidentify from.
    I will probably disagree, because I think I'm weak at Si, you're right. But I don't even know people here, why care about what they think?
    You're funny. By the way, you leave a lot of my questions unanswered on purpose, so what do you expect?

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    SiFe/FeSi has a cognition for smooth consensus-building...
    That's good to know.Thanks for your contribution

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Si is useless in every way compared to Ni. ur basically useless

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All introvert function are useless compared to extroverted function. It's there so extrovert don't destroying it self.
    When LSE don't get Fi.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karas View Post
    All introvert function are useless compared to extroverted function. It's there so
    what do you think i would have done?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are beginning in the wrong end. Its almost impossible to understand Si that way unless you first have observed and worked with Si egos for years.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I can be a good parent, since FeSi (plus SeFi unconsciously) is the perfect combination for that

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's perhaps more precise to ask "what would be my information perspectives" rather than "what would be my abilities"; abilities are acquired more than they are innate. As I have said in other posts, Si refers to observations of the input (data acquisition) processes that feed an information processing control system. Si-leading types seem to always be on guard, giving preference to observations of a tangible (actual, corporeal, definable and material) nature, especially those that can pose a real physical threat. They only seem to trust information that is familiar and that one can quantify or measure; they tend to hold the unfamiliar and intangible in abeyance, or eliminate them. Input is compared to internalized, physical standards which have been previously verified; this guarded approach is essentially a filtering process that allows SXIs to navigate through some very chaotic scenarios. Actual input from the senses is key; thus, personal health can be a major concern, especially when the senses are not functioning properly. They seem very attuned and reactive to their environment. They tend to shoot first and ask questions later; dangers are often dealt with in a knee-jerk fashion. These vigilant types focus on characteristic and fact, and everything is seen in comparative terms, especially from a physical impact perspective.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    It's perhaps more precise to ask "what would be my information perspectives" rather than "what would be my abilities"; abilities are acquired more than they are innate. As I have said in other posts, Si refers to observations of the input (data acquisition) processes that feed an information processing control system. Si-leading types seem to always be on guard, giving preference to observations of a tangible (actual, corporeal, definable and material) nature, especially those that can pose a real physical threat. They only seem to trust information that is familiar and that one can quantify or measure; they tend to hold the unfamiliar and intangible in abeyance, or eliminate them. Input is compared to internalized, physical standards which have been previously verified; this guarded approach is essentially a filtering process that allows SXIs to navigate through some very chaotic scenarios. Actual input from the senses is key; thus, personal health can be a major concern, especially when the senses are not functioning properly. They seem very attuned and reactive to their environment. They tend to shoot first and ask questions later; dangers are often dealt with in a knee-jerk fashion. These vigilant types focus on characteristic and fact, and everything is seen in comparative terms, especially from a physical impact perspective.

a.k.a. I/O
    A friend of mine has the abilitiy to recognize certain places after visiting them just once. She easily learns how to get to different places and moves around the new cities with easy and is very independent with regards to it. They can reverse the path they've walked and make it backwards. They know where they've already been. Is this a Si-ego inate ability? My mother and father they both are pretty good at Si and seem to have this same ability.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Megatrop Again, I wouldn't use the term 'ability'. People can have preference for certain aspects of information but whether or not this transforms into an actual ability has mostly to do with a myriad of other factors. It's more likely that no two people of the same type have exactly the same abilities. Recognizing places has more to do with memory whereas Socionics has more to do with the aspects of the things that you remember. I have excellent spacial recognition and I'm LII; an N-type will remember the same thing or place or orientation as an S-type but the information normally will have a different perspective - for example, top down as opposed to bottom up.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Megatrop Again, I wouldn't use the term 'ability'. People can have preference for certain aspects of information but whether or not this transforms into an actual ability has mostly to do with a myriad of other factors. It's more likely that no two people of the same type have exactly the same abilities. Recognizing places has more to do with memory whereas Socionics has more to do with the aspects of the things that you remember. I have excellent spacial recognition and I'm LII; an N-type will remember the same thing or place or orientation as an S-type but the information normally will have a different perspective - for example, top down as opposed to bottom up.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Ok, thanks. That is the kind of information I was looking for
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 05-02-2019 at 03:09 PM.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    what do you think i would have done?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYdR99l5kTQ

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    What's that useful for?
    For taking care of yourself and taking care of others. Si focuses in the sensations the external world makes in the inner world and body sensations, this phenomena was called by jung as the "impressions" the external world makes on the individual psyche of Si types. It doesnt focus objectively in the external world, it focus in the internal world and the sensations experienced.

In delta is avoiding and getting rid of discomfort and disturbances through providing economical and practical solutions for basic human needs and daily life, in alpha is the enhancement of enjoyable and focus in the recreation of pleasurable sensations through emotions.

What distinguishes an Si-ego from non Si-egos (in objective terms)?
    Read type descriptions or theory on wikisocion.net, sociotype.com. or in the section of articles or archive in the forum.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    A friend of mine has the abilitiy to recognize certain places after visiting them just once. She easily learns how to get to different places and moves around the new cities with easy and is very independent with regards to it. They can reverse the path they've walked and make it backwards. They know where they've already been. Is this a Si-ego inate ability? My mother and father they both are pretty good at Si and seem to have this same ability.
    not Si ego, I'm fairly good at that too, my sis was in Prague last week and called me to remind her where a special place we visited ages ago was, I remembered and told her on the phone, lol. also I hardly get lost anywhere. btw she's an ESI, her Si is stronger than mine and placed in the block that retains memories.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karas View Post
    All introvert function are useless compared to extroverted function. It's there so extrovert don't destroying it self.
    When LSE don't get Fi.
    crabs is LSI lol

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird..because its actually the total opposite. Si is the root information element of life. It is also most associated with strong SP instincts.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Weird..because its actually the total opposite. Si is the root information element of life. It is also most associated with strong SP instincts.
    its trash

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its trash
    ?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si and Ni are really one primordial soup. Both are the internality that we've been trying to understand by building on it for all time after.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Video is comprised of pixels but what completes the intelligibility picture is an orientation of each pixel with respect to every other pixel. Pixels by themselves would be white noise; and orientations by themselves would be empty frames; without both there's no information. S-types have a sort of pixel focus but this certainly doesn't remove the N-like orientations from the information. Treating Si and Ni as independent information elements can be rather misleading if one doesn't keep in mind that both represent essential components of the same information........

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 05-03-2019 at 11:04 AM.