Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elliott Hulse

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    steroids are super common and I bet as time goes on hormone use of that kind will be more common (TRT is already gaining mass acceptance)... I don't think it deserves to be hushed up or something to be ashamed of really. like anything else its a tool to be used wisely not off limits a priori. in the end I dont think of it as "cheating" since it still requires competent use and there's no circumventing that. it may be dangerous in the same way alchohol or other drugs are but everything has a cost, it doesn't circumvent the natural economy so much as reposition the emphasis. that said I find Hulse kind of grating on a personal level, but he seems like a decent guy, personal preference aside. Arnold was on steroids and if people could just wake up they'd realize he embodied the kind of use people naturally admire, although they're torn when it comes to admitting it to themselves. same with most of our heroes in special forces in the Army, who I know from personal experience also make use of hormonal support to do their jobs
    Yeah, I don't really care what people are doing, but for Hulse, he's marketing himself as a fitness expert/coach, but the secret to success is not just hard work, but some work and some synthetics, which is what most people do not know.

But, plenty of people make money without being 100% forthright with truth, I suppose it's called marketing.

For regular Joes taking T (DHT, whatever they use) rather than GI Joes, unless it's a medical problem I don't know why they do it. I'd rather just be normal and accept what I have, but everyone is different. However, I'm personally aware of some amateur athletes who take growth hormone, because they wish to experiment with their bodies. So really, it's a personal choice.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    IEI.
    Cringe

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never met the guy personally though his gym is <10 miles from where I live. I haven't asked my wife or her connections if they have worked with him, either, even though she has been an avid boxer some years back and knows a lot of people in our local fitness world. I've seen a number of his videos, however. Se leading seemed obvious to me from first impressions. I lean more toward Se-SLE. I partially formulate my guess on the fact that he vibes much like an Se-SLE I used to hang out with back in the day.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I changed my mind.

Elliot Hulse is SEE.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    steroids are super common and I bet as time goes on hormone use of that kind will be more common (TRT is already gaining mass acceptance)... I don't think it deserves to be hushed up or something to be ashamed of really. like anything else its a tool to be used wisely not off limits a priori. in the end I dont think of it as "cheating" since it still requires competent use and there's no circumventing that. it may be dangerous in the same way alchohol or other drugs are but everything has a cost, it doesn't circumvent the natural economy so much as reposition the emphasis. that said I find Hulse kind of grating on a personal level, but he seems like a decent guy, personal preference aside. Arnold was on steroids and if people could just wake up they'd realize he embodied the kind of use people naturally admire, although they're torn when it comes to admitting it to themselves. same with most of our heroes in special forces in the Army, who I know from personal experience also make use of hormonal support to do their jobs
    I am against steroids and will never use them but I agree that hushing it up will only make it more "underground" and increase the likelyhood of people fucking themselves up with it. Giving people who choose to use it access to medical help and support is the best approach to this problem, imo. Kinda like with all other drugs.

That said, I think people are way too quick to assume someone is on steroids just because they are big. I don't know if Hulse is on them or not, but when you look at older bodybuilders (pre Mr. Olympia, I'm thinking Reg Park era) they were quite buff and the performance enhancing effects of steroids weren't even widely known back then. Reg Park, who was Arnold's idol and model, was fervently against them (once they started becoming more commonly used). Steroids are really a shortcut, and aeren't necessary to build size or strength (at least, within reason, not if you wanna get Ronnie Coleman big) but many guys do not have the patience to work out for years before getting to their goals. And when other people are getting big faster then you are because they use them, I understand the temptation to take a shortcut. It's still stupid, though.

But I think people are too quick to assume someone who is buff is on steroids. In the case of Hulse maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 01-01-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12