Thread: Yet another questionnaire

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yet another questionnaire

--
    Last edited by croww; 04-02-2024 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--
    Last edited by croww; 04-02-2024 at 04:52 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello croww!
    Based on your description a very fast typing from me: Social introverted NT type for you.
    Problem is to tell if your are cognitive introverted or not. I suffered from social anxiety too. This often causes a development delay of social skills.
    You can still be cognitive extroverted though. Especially scientific minded intuitive types are usually not that extroverted in a social sense.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII, perhaps.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yet another recommendation to give a video

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI or IEE maybe, from photos.

What's interesting to me about your description is that you seem to not indicate which environment you prefer - a fun lively environment or one where people are close and liked, personal sentiments are shared. If you're logical you should prefer one or the other - Fe environment or Fi.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII-Ne.
    Se PoLR is ridiculously evident as well as Fe/Si seeking and, of course, Ti Base. Plus, I can relate to literally everything you wrote.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    LII-Ne.
    Se PoLR is ridiculously evident as well as Fe/Si seeking and, of course, Ti Base. Plus, I can relate to literally everything you wrote.
    The OP has stated she has social anxiety disorder, it would seem sensible to have caution in diagnosing 'Se PoLR' as her self-description may be influenced by a non-type anxiety.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 02-12-2018 at 10:28 AM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    LII, perhaps.
    This was my initial impression from the description as well, but I was reluctant to post a hasty type judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    The OP has stated she has social anxiety disorder, it would seem sensible to have caution in diagnosing 'Se PoLR' as her self-description may be influenced by a non-type anxiety.
    My take on this is there might be a connection between anxiety and being -PoLR. I'm rather sensitive to the environment I'm in, being -PoLR myself. But it's a question of maturity as well.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Manifestation of social anxiety is type dependent. Sensory types are probably more vigilant.

Mine is that I have very bad time with . Meaning that I'm not collecting sensation data in front of me. is static and safer to get around. Internally tense and badly reasonable (set on their course) and environment dependent (lots of ESI's belong to this category whereas SEE's are not even close and I don't really mind them) people are kind of bad for me interactively. This has generated it's own set of spastic social ineptitudes.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be SLE ESTp or ILE ENTp. Ti is quite evident. I have two close female SLE friends and on every photo you look like either one of them. If you are not SLE, then you are ILE but I can't see any Alpha vibe except for the eyes.
    Socionics extraversion is also evident, but this doesn't mean you need to be extroverted in nature. There are very many reasons why you can be introverted.
    Perceiving is also evident, you look clearly as EP type.
    My final guess is SLE ESTp, you look just way too similar to ESTps I know.
    In my region slavic people are most prevalent and you look like one of them.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rejection of dominance, harshness, prefers learning without pressure, problems with strictness and high demands --> does not sound very

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Rejection of dominance, harshness, prefers learning without pressure, problems with strictness and high demands --> does not sound very
    ESTp has that thing that he/she prefers to be on top of things without anyone above. It's different from challenging the authority which is more ENTpish. Problems with strictness and high demands might be j/p thing. I for one I prefer to learn under pressure, otherwise I lack motivation :-)
    Aversion to harshness may be well just being sensitive, but true, it's not rather usual ESTp problem, but nobody likes harsh people. ESTp is resilient to criticism which may be constructive to him, but still may dislike harsh people who are not constructive but just being assholes, especially women.

I know people want to perceive ESTp people as strong and resilient to everything, but I have two ESTp female friends and I've seen them many times crying and not withstanding pressure, rejection, aggressiveness, other people behaving rude and so on. I would not say that female ESTp takes criticism well. I've seen this many, many times. Maybe this Se stereotype is made by men and isn't true for women.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    ESTp has that thing that he/she prefers to be on top of things without anyone above. It's different from challenging the authority which is more ENTpish. Problems with strictness and high demands might be j/p thing. I for one I prefer to learn under pressure, otherwise I lack motivation :-)
    Aversion to harshness may be well just being sensitive, but true, it's not rather usual ESTp problem, but nobody likes harsh people. ESTp is resilient to criticism which may be constructive to him, but still may dislike harsh people who are not constructive but just being assholes, especially women.

I know people want to perceive ESTp people as strong and resilient to everything, but I have two ESTp female friends and I've seen them many times crying and not withstanding pressure, rejection, aggressiveness, other people behaving rude and so on. I would not say that female ESTp takes criticism well. I've seen this many, many times. Maybe this Se stereotype is made by men and isn't true for women.
    What the hell is this socionics gender bs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being on my own is different by being on the top of things. I'd be and I am a really bad leader. I don't know how to influence or organize people. But I know how to organize myself when I need to. I don't really care about my position, until I can mind my own business. I wouldn't mind being in a low position if I still could. I want freedom, which doesn't necessarily relate to my position.
    Regarding criticism. It's a big flaw of mine, but I can't take any, even if constructive, I start acting irrationally like a crybaby and take it personally.
    I've seen Se-doms, especially SEEs, break down in tears after taking in criticism or fights, but it usually was different. They usually fighted back at first with power, while I back up at the first sign of conflict.
    Last edited by croww; 02-12-2018 at 04:44 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two close female SLE friends and on every photo you look like either one of them.
    That might be but Visual Identification aka. photo typing is not a reliable method to type somebody. I guess I'll post a rant about that. Somebody simply melted Socionics with classical physiognomy...
    Last edited by WinnieW; 02-12-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI or IEE maybe, from photos.

What's interesting to me about your description is that you seem to not indicate which environment you prefer - a fun lively environment or one where people are close and liked, personal sentiments are shared. If you're logical you should prefer one or the other - Fe environment or Fi.
    I thought I did, sorry, I didn't specify enough.
    I feel like Fi groups are a little too tense for me. I'm not good at handling those deep sharings of feelings in the long run, so I prefer it when it's more superficial, there's a sense of group, and other people actively try to make everything comfortable in a serene atmosphere. As I said, I keep my friendly relationships shallow.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by croww View Post
    Being on my own is different by being on the top of things. I'd be and I am a really bad leader. I don't know how to influence or organize people.
    No good conscious control of + and to a lesser extend of .

I don't really care about my position, until I can mind my own business. I wouldn't mind being in a low position if I still could. I want freedom, which doesn't necessarily relate to my position.
    Valuing of and

Regarding criticism. It's a big flaw of mine, but I can't take any, even if constructive, I start acting irrationally like a crybaby and take it personally.
    Valuing of , but probably not -ego. -role does make some sense. -PoLR does not make sense, however.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VI is about what cognitive functions are manifesting themselves, and in this case is beyond doubt that you have Ti, or at least, you are Thinker.
    Sometimes one can spot different type because some types are similar due to the ordering of functions. So, if you have secondary Ti, you might look similar to the primary Ti person.
    For example, LIIs have something in common with IEEs and SLEs with LIIs. As LII you don't have features of IEEs but you have features both visual and cognitiver of LIIs which can be seen in SLEs and that's why I think people confuse you with LII.
    I've seen some websites are stating that VI is the most efficient way of typing but has it flaws. For example, quasi-identical people are sometimes similar, which I have seen in my life e.g. ESFp looking like ESFj. But you can't be ESTj, could be maybe, but from your descriotion rather not.
    I can say VI is roubust method of typing because the same personalities share the same look in their eyes and have similar faces. And you look just like ESTps and you have face of typical slavic ESTp girl which are plenty in my area.
    Also, I've seen people typing typical nerds as being NT while they have been STs. It's just suggestive that if someone enjoys intellectual play then must be NT. There are nerds of all sorts of types, I know even one ENFj software developer. But close excamination of body of work reveals whatever it's done by NTs or STs, STs usually have poor abstract thiking and do not grasp concepts and are concrete in speech, but this doesn't mean they can't be intellectuals. Every type can be intellectual. I know personally professor of psychology who is ISFp and is nerdy as hell, from the interview it would be easy to type her as NT or NF.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VI is about what cognitive functions are manifesting themselves
    This is a unproven theory. You can always find people that look similar and having the same type, because there are billions of people. The existence of people with the same type but different looking, different facial proportions does make that classification method unreliable.

and in this case is beyond doubt that you have Ti, or at least, you are Thinker.
    I don't doubt that I have as one of my ego functions.

Btw. this thread is not about my type it is about the type of Croww.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what i meant, her Ti of course.

VI works for me quite reliably. Normally when I e.g. come to new work I type everyone intuitively based onve their looks. Then, as the time progresses, I can see that I got most of the types right, so it works quite well if you have good intuition. I think VI is intuitive process because I have extremely low sensory skills yet the VI works for me most of the time.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VI'ing IE's? Best method comes from Gulenko. It usually requires dynamic data.

would be intense singular focus where the body gets very tense and looks forceful. I don't get that from her (static) pictures...

At the physical level, state I turns you into a person of non-standard behavior. Very expressive is the face: a frozen, defocused look, strained muscles around the eyes, shifted to the bridge of the eyebrows form vertical folds on the forehead. The body freezes in the pose in which you were caught by an intuitive thought. Movements freeze, static is established. This continues until the moment of insight, after which the statics suddenly give way to violent emotional dynamics. A strong physical stimulator of state I is the sensation of swimming-immersion in water or weightlessness.
    At the physical level, this state requires a massive, poured body. There is little movement, but all of them are committed firmly, in one jerk, without pauses. Static posture of a man standing strong on both feet with both feet. Look sharp, close, heavy. This view is, as it were, weighed, and the alignment of forces is assessed. Despite the solid grounding, the axis of rotation passes through the body: the state F is very dodgy - the body easily turns to either side, quickly reacting to the situation in front, behind, and from the side.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    VI'ing IE's? Best method comes from Gulenko. It usually requires dynamic data...
    Yepp, typing based on static visual information, like photographs, is utterly unreliable.
    Where is the connection between the shape of a face and the use of cognitive functions of a person?
    Somebody found people of same type and same facial shape by coincidence?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what i meant, her Ti of course.
    Ok. Now I've understood you. My take is that croww and I are the same type.

VI works for me quite reliably.
    Ok, then please type me. A link to my selfie. And sorry for being Off-Topic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I did, sorry, I didn't specify enough.
    I feel like Fi groups are a little too tense for me. I'm not good at handling those deep sharings of feelings in the long run, so I prefer it when it's more superficial, there's a sense of group, and other people actively try to make everything comfortable in a serene atmosphere. As I said, I keep my friendly relationships shallow.
    That's OK. I think Fi and Fe groups take a bit of time to suss out. Personally, I don't 'share' feelings, but there's a feeling that I can talk, or not talk about myself, and be understood. All this is with experience.

That being said, it's true that your description does sound LII.

I wanted to add on the VI that I gave. VI is not some magic solution. VI is intuitive based, and I don't really mean socionics intuition, I just mean experience and memory. So don't rely on it from others (me included) - especially with one shot photos.

However, i've checked the thread again at my computer, ie, with a bigger screen. IEE and SEE can have a similar look, as can sometimes LSI and LII.

I wanted to 'revise' my VI from either LSI or IEE, to LII or SEE.

Weird you might think, VI as conflictors? Strange but true, it can happen:

A secondary feeling one could get from the picture is that John has a slight Logical-Sensory Intratim look about him. Often, such similarity in appearance happens between conflicting types. In this case Logical-Sensory Intratim and ENFP are the types, which share conflicting relations.
    http://www.socionics.com/articles/sbs.htm

I'd like to type you as LII from your description, and matching that with 'hunch' from your photos. All the best to you, you seem like a lovely person if I may say

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's OK. I think Fi and Fe groups take a bit of time to suss out. Personally, I don't 'share' feelings, but there's a feeling that I can talk, or not talk about myself, and be understood. All this is with experience.

That being said, it's true that your description does sound LII.

I wanted to add on the VI that I gave. VI is not some magic solution. VI is intuitive based, and I don't really mean socionics intuition, I just mean experience and memory. So don't rely on it from others (me included) - especially with one shot photos.

However, i've checked the thread again at my computer, ie, with a bigger screen. IEE and SEE can have a similar look, as can sometimes LSI and LII.

I wanted to 'revise' my VI from either LSI or IEE, to LII or SEE.

Weird you might think, VI as conflictors? Strange but true, it can happen:

http://www.socionics.com/articles/sbs.htm

I'd like to type you as LII from your description, and matching that with 'hunch' from your photos. All the best to you, you seem like a lovely person if I may say
    Thank you!
    Regarding VI, I find it hilarious that in the older thread, where I had posted the same photos and no questionnaire, the general consensus was for introverted and ethical, especially ESI or Fe-creative, while this time people even proposed Se-base.
    Just out of curiosity, since I am pretty sure I have a better grip on my Si than Se (funnily enough, one of my main doubts is about being a SEI), where or how does the Se stand out in those photos? I know I don't have a good perception of how I appear from the outside, of course, and VI-ing from static pictures is unreliable, but the description I read seemed off to me.
    People advised me that, if I wanted to experience VI, I should make a video in my own language and provide a translation since I wouldn't be able to handle it in english.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!
    Regarding VI, I find it hilarious that in the older thread, where I had posted the same photos and no questionnaire, the general consensus was for introverted and ethical, especially ESI or Fe-creative, while this time people even proposed Se-base.
    Just out of curiosity, since I am pretty sure I have a better grip on my Si than Se (funnily enough, one of my main doubts is about being a SEI), where or how does the Se stand out in those photos? I know I don't have a good perception of how I appear from the outside, of course, and VI-ing from static pictures is unreliable, but the description I read seemed off to me.
    People advised me that, if I wanted to experience VI, I should make a video in my own language and provide a translation since I wouldn't be able to handle it in english.
    I don't think Se 'stands out', i'm just basing my impressions on people I know.

As far as I can gather, not even Gulenko types definitively from a photo or two, he may say, that person 'might' be such and such a type.

A description compliments the picture.

As for a video, it's just more information, one is just a snapshot (photo) the other is motion, so people don't just look at your words, but your mannerisms too.

Again, better than video, is long term interaction.

I wouldn't put too much stock on people opinions, mines included, but form your own opinion. But, I do think for what it's worth, is that there a few LIIs here who are identifying with you, maybe it would be nice for a few of the LIIs, even the ILE @Troll Nr 007, and yourself to speak to each other, as, if there's similarities there, maybe there's ways each others can give advice on the difficulties and shared tribulations on life. Anyway, that's just me trying to make a practical application of situations

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm, at an immediate glance, thinking ILE-Ti.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The speech in questionnaire seems concrete without much abstracting. But that's maybe because of type of the questions. You could try to write some diary, even one day or more would be sufficient. This way, you would write about subjects you find important and you would write it in a way you like it. This has worked in the other thread very well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The speech in questionnaire seems concrete without much abstracting. But that's maybe because of type of the questions. You could try to write some diary, even one day or more would be sufficient. This way, you would write about subjects you find important and you would write it in a way you like it. This has worked in the other thread very well.
    Since I should already do a video, I was thinking about filming myself explaining something that I like in my own language (I thought either linguistics or philosophy, as an excuse to revise them for my own pleasure). I feel more at ease and myself when I can explain something. I would provide a translation, of course, hoping not to lose too much meaning in the english version.
    The con is that this would take a lot of time, and I'm currently having two exams coming, so I wouldn't be able to do it before a week.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't worry for making a video. if u can't get typed without it then a video will only give credit to popular bias. it's pretty evident that you're a TN, if you're not sure about the exact stack...that's ok, and it won't be a video to declare the ultimate truth.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    don't worry for making a video. if u can't get typed without it
    The problem is to be typed correctly, but not just to be typed. The lack of needed data reduces chances for this, what is evident. Like that your type is IEI, but not EII, especially when you are claiming it's INFP.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. LII does seem likely.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yep. LII does seem likely.
    Yes. A very verbose Ne sub for that matter I'm guessing? When I see you in comparison, you show much more restraint. The PoLR is probably so visible cause her creative goes out on a limb.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. A very verbose Ne sub for that matter I'm guessing? When I see you in comparison, you show much more restraint. The PoLR is probably so visible cause her creative goes out on a limb.
    I'm a fair amount older though. @croww doesn't seem that verbose to me.

TIM
    ILE Ne
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe IEI? :>