I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Power of Identifying Complementary Temperaments

So I just had this idea of identifying people with opposite orientation and I noticed the following

IF you identify correctly your temperament, and look for people with opposite extro-intro orientation ones, then the chance that person is a dual is
    supposedly 1/4, but this isn't the most interesting part

The interesting thing is, the other 3 types would be either semi-duals, mirage and contrary. It means that 3/4 of them results in great psychological distance for 101 interaction, and the other (semi-dual) is just as good except for the less comfortable interaction but still exciting anyways.

So if you are able to spot temperament-wise complementary types (Ep-Ip, Ej-Ij), you have duals, semi-duals, mirage and contrary for your higher good

This is so exciting that for me this is a form of mind-blowing-expansion-of-consciousness-like experience lol

I hope anyone rejoices with me in this

plus:
    -If you categorize all your friends with your opposite orientation temperament and they don't fall in general by any means in any of these IR, then you're probably wrong about temperaments, and you can test with a different one until you get the best fit.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 02-19-2021 at 09:51 PM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better to look for same quadra so I dont really understand your logic here.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You can know your temperament and not know your quadra, so you still end up getting duals, semi-duals and mirage

also it's good to consider alternative approaches, especially for Ne valuing types
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    imo same-quadra relationships except duality suck lol. Identical relationships are supposedly the best after duality but in my experience they're incredibly exhausting. Speaking of friendship identicals. I sure as hell wouldnt date someone who's like me because there's no point, right? Same interests, same points of view... must get boring really quick. Activity relations are supposed to be good but the temperament mismatch makes them pretty bad. At least EJs in general annoy me because they're quite controlling and that goes against EP philosophy of freedom. Mirror relations don't seem so terrible at a glance but over time the opposing temperaments clash as well.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    imo same-quadra relationships except duality suck lol. Identical relationships are supposedly the best after duality but in my experience they're incredibly exhausting. Speaking of friendship identicals. I sure as hell wouldnt date someone who's like me because there's no point, right? Same interests, same points of view... must get boring really quick. Activity relations are supposed to be good but the temperament mismatch makes them pretty bad. At least EJs in general annoy me because they're quite controlling and that goes against EP philosophy of freedom. Mirror relations don't seem so terrible at a glance but over time the opposing temperaments clash as well.
    And then what? If not same quadra then what do you suggest? There are in fact no perfect type relations but same quadra is imo the best option. Semi duality can also be ok but it is unstable.

Identicals are not necessarily that similar if different subtype etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually emergency dual is illusionary for irrationals and semi dual for rationals. Yeah, that is the way it usually goes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Systems can't be described solely based on a list of parts. Identifying temperament would be similar to looking for a specific van model while identifying quadra would be like looking for a certain combination of generic goods. Even when a van is recognized, it doesn't provide much insight into the specifics of the enterprise. Identifying goods and their quantity while they're being transported can get complicated because a lot of behaviour is forced by regulations and isn't of free will. Note that certain goods are rarer than others so a one-in-four statistic doesn't really apply either.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest learning how to deal with everyone, and there's only really one way to do that. By doing it.

When you deal with everyone, you can actually figure out who you like the best, and who is your friend. And when you find out, then you can isolate. Personally, I wouldn't bother isolating, you lose a lot of perspective that way.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko