Thread: Why I like Socionics

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why I like Socionics

Here's the message psychology/psychiatry/most world religions feed you: you're broken, you have problems, you have this disorder, that disorder, etc.... Either way, the message is that something's wrong with you and you need to turn yourself into what society deems as "correct."

Here's the message Socionics feeds you: you have a mind and your mind came in a type. Your mind was not a mistake. You just need to figure out how to use it.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is reaffirming in that sense, definitely. But people should always be aware of getting their mental health issues caught up in it. I’m certain there’s a not-so-small amount of Socionics enthusiasts who confuse problems in their personal lives as problems related to Socionics (eg. Intertype relations), when it’s very likely there’s something else going on.

It’s doubly problematic when people pursue typology purely as a means of coping with other issues, as if it were a balm for all their troubles.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like Socionics because it tells me that, while I see one future, half the people see many futures, and I can know that we’re all wrong.

No one can see the future.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I like Socionics because it tells me that, while I see one future, half the people see many futures, and I can know that we’re all wrong.

I don't understand what you're saying. Could you please go into more detail?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maromi View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. Could you please go into more detail?
    Socionics says that one of the functions we have is intuition. It is thought to be split into two sub-functions, Ni and Ne.
    Ni is the extrapolation of past patterns into one most likely future pattern. Sort of like you knowing what the last word in this sentence will

Ne is the intuition of many possibilities. I believe that it is also based on the extrapolation of patterns into sets of many possibilities; it doesn’t select for one, best case, perhaps because it doesn’t strongly associate F-values with it. F-valuations are what we use to make choices. We value something based on how we feel about it.
    Perhaps Ne and F can’t operate simultaneously, while Ni and F always do. But I’m guessing.

Ni sees one, best possibility, while Ne sees many and resists choosing one particular one. These possibilities can be applied to future outcomes, but they are projections, not knowledge.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    "The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’" (Luke 12:16-20)

The Japanese language has only a past and present tense. They weren't arrogant enough to invent a future tense.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for what you said to me in that other thread, you are nice. <3 ((and welcome to the forum!))

I agree with you somewhat but I think focusing on ur polr too much can have the same negative effects as all the other system. Actually funnily enough it was another Gamma (SEE semi-dual) who told me to not pay so much attention to my polr... I admit sometimes I will dislike myself too much for being so shitty at Te, but there are benefits to the polr as well.

I worry that knowledge of socionics can create bullying/applying pressure to torture people's polr that don't deserve it as a form of social control and sadistic abuse techniques. But I mean, the bad guys are always going to warp something neutral or benevolent into a weapon anyway. Here's this soft, comfortable pillow you sleep your head on at night. Isn't that adorable? Now to use it to smother your face and suffocate you to death.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Socionics because it doesn't only talk about types in a vacuum but how types exist in relation to other types. ITR is another typing method that other systems simply don't have.

Here's the message Socionics feeds you: you have a mind and your mind came in a type. Your mind was not a mistake. You just need to figure out how to use it.
    Awww. I love this

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah its faggy and pc and like the co-worker at the table with the rainbow coffee mug-ish- but I mean it is so true we co-exist on this planet. We're all on this planet... together. And learning how to effectively communicate and get along with people with different information metabolism style - I can see how it can be used for good. It can even increase efficiency, profit- all of that maybe.

I guess one of my values is, I'm really against when people unfairly punish others. Of course if they 'deserve it' I don't care, and will even punish them myself lol but I mean, somebody being abused due to misunderstandings is something I don't like. Maybe I got into socionics to try and stop some of that.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics has helped me improve my communication skills and relationships (personal and professional). Blunt Te “constructive criticism” no longer offends me because I realize that’s how Te operates and it’s not personal.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the message psychology/psychiatry/most world religions feed you: you're broken, you have problems, you have this disorder, that disorder, etc.... Either way, the message is that something's wrong with you and you need to turn yourself into what society deems as "correct."

Exactly
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Socionics has helped me improve my communication skills and relationships (personal and professional). Blunt Te “constructive criticism” no longer offends me because I realize that’s how Te operates and it’s not personal.
    You are an example of a mature Socionist.