Thread: IEI/SLE music

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI/SLE music

Hey. I was wondering if any SLEs and IEIs wanted to share any music with each other. I know there is a Beta music thread but thought it might be nice to have this one too. I’m looking for downtempo, ethereal stuff but open to anything I mostly listen to fast electronic and romantic poppy stuff. Not great at collecting music but happy to share what I have. Would be nice to find some less dramatic tunes to chill to

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to be too pedantic but idk if there's a way to differentiate music that SLE and IEIs would like that EIE and LSI wouldn't.

BUT I do want to participate so I found some music that an SLE would like and an IEI would like. IDK if they would even like the same music.

I feel like both could bop to this.

This one too.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe not, let’s see It’s just that I was on a date the other day with an SLE and he played me some nice music. Also, think I’ve read elsewhere on the forum about duals appreciating each other’s music taste. SLEs seem to have broader taste to me at least.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

downtempo, ethereal

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Cool thread however I find that taste in stuff like this is not type related but rather cultural
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@inaLim just looking through my recent shazams and I found another Mazzy Star (fade into you)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Beautiful sky me and my LSE boss both like Blood Orange

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    @inaLim just looking through my recent shazams and I found another Mazzy Star (fade into you)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    @Beautiful sky me and my LSE boss both like Blood Orange

Blindside PolR poke. I didn't come here for this

Similar

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Cool thread however I find that taste in stuff like this is not type related but rather cultural
    Yeah, it's a cultural thing. From where I was growing up, I was raised listening to country and Southern rock because it is very popular in my area. I think country music have all quadras in there. Alphas like Alan Jackson and Luke Combs. Gammas like whatever pop-country shit is on Nashville right now. Deltas like Kenny Chesney.

When I think of Beta Quadra country and other Southern music, I think of David Allan Coe, Brantley Gilbert, Hank Williams Jr, and many of the Country Rap. Their themes is either neo-Confederate / pro-South tendencies, being provocative / offensive, or a Fe-oriented romance song.

However, I listen to all kinds of music but these types of music are most familiar with me since I grew up listening to them in the radio.
    Last edited by Tim; 08-13-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I think you're all looking too much into it, lol. Anyone can listen to anything. Music is universal, and not type related. I have all sorts of crap on my playlist that I didn't think I'd have on there, like:

A kizomba song about not dancing with a sexy girl because she's manic.

A rap song that's not about smacking bitches. It has a consistent storyline too.

Music isn't just "cool" to listen to, it's another useful way to learn a language (and all the things they don't teach you on other apps) and it's also something to analyse. But I spose if you want something Beta, as per the thread title, you could listen to Immortal Technique. He makes you actually think about stuff and his lyrics are fun to make sense of.

Do I agree with everything he says? Nah, of course not. Guy's a bit cucu, but I agree with a lot of things in his music:

Last edited by DEAD; 08-13-2021 at 03:14 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ti FLVE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    [video=youtube;OnuFYYJHaY0]

Blindside PolR poke. I didn't come here for this
    Completely fair lol. Yeah it would be nice to stick with SLE/IEI vibes I agree (or try to). And Blood Orange isn't quite the right fit although he's nice.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm I didn't really make the thread to discuss whether or not music taste is type related. It seems to me it can be sometimes, in some ways. Not super intersted in the how or why unless you really want to share your idea. Of course culture does comes into it too. I am definitely interested in movie/ music/ art taste of SLEs as I've known a few who I have shared some taste with.

I just want a thread with some relaxing or interesting tunes. I like the idea of sharing it with other IEIs/SLEs. It's a bit romantic and I'm a bit lazy with finding music so sharing it with IEIs/SLEs is motivating. PLUS it will be interesting to see if it works, it could be kinda cool/romantic.

I am going to go with my instincts and try to share stuff either I really like or I think an SLE might like. I might throw in some stuff other people share with me (SEE sister, ILE friend if these feel right too )

For example, my SEE sister is really good at selecting songs to play when we're drinking or in the park. I don't particularly love the music (sometimes) but I like the general vibe of it, it creates a nice atmosphere. That's probably partly due to her taste as SEE and us being semi-duals and partly due to us being both..female, British, similar age, background.

BUT yeah I'll try to stick with IEI/SLE vibes
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-13-2021 at 08:11 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know either your tastes in music but I can offer some music still.

IDK if these are definitively beta, but I'm an EIE so I guess I can speak for us lol.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is some more:

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I do prefer real country and Southern rock to modern Nashville country-pop, I was listening to Sam Hunt (a country-pop singer-songwriter) just recently. When I was younger, it is just one of those country-pop song that I listen to on the radio. As I become older, his music become much more relatable. I think he's a sexual 8 (like myself), and I'm leaning SLE over SEE. Jealousy is a huge theme in the song.

Last edited by Tim; 08-13-2021 at 12:14 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tim

What do you think of Luke Combs?

song starts at around 30 secs in the vid.

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    @Tim

What do you think of Luke Combs?

song starts at around 30 secs in the vid.
    Not much opinion on it yet. He's just one of those singers that I listen on the radio.

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Braingel do you listen to vaporwave by any chance?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK if these are definitively beta, but I'm an EIE so I guess I can speak for us lol.
    Sure haha. I think a lot of the techno I listen to is probably made by LSI/EIE..I’ll share some later (maybe in Beta music thread or here depending )

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Braingel do you listen to vaporwave by any chance?
    I do. Mostly telepath, and there is some other one too

Dragons:

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really irritating my other one will not upload directly as video here..

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can try again..
    https://youtu.be/cjUQ_1CZr_0

(nope, not working) And it’s one of my favorite Ni songs too.

It’s called t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 - Breathe

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally. worked.

Dragons:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    While I do prefer real country and Southern rock to modern Nashville country-pop, I was listening to Sam Hunt (a country-pop singer-songwriter) just recently. When I was younger, it is just one of those country-pop song that I listen to on the radio. As I become older, his music become much more relatable. I think he's a sexual 8 (like myself), and I'm leaning SLE over SEE. Jealousy is a huge theme in the song.

I like country music too Tim because it has real heart. I’ll listen to these when I get home and maybe post some of my favorites
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Divine eros I totally forgot about Atari Teenage Riot. btw I love this username.

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorites

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast