Thanks

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your VI looks probably more intuitive.

I'd say ILE. You move and talk and look like a friend of mine who is ILE.
    He's pretty cynical about beliefs and things like that in life too, and he's so sure about being unable to know the truth on that matters. He's not the kind of extroverted who's the center of a party or something like that, not at all. He's really low key. Also have the same kind of thoughts like me about ppl and society (more or less what you said). I enjoy talking with him because he's cynical and smart.

All the sensors that I know live according experiences or proves, facts, tangible stuff (their beliefs are based on experiences, not just on intuition or thoughts -their own conclusions-). So I'd say you tend more to Intuitive side guess?

What about tests?

Edit. more annotations about my friend...he's really caring about ppl he likes/love, like family, friends or gf, (he's the most caring and or kind of all my friends). He's not the type of going to parties or clubs or that kind of stuff, he spend a lot of time working and working in his projects, though, he's not afraid of talk with people or anything (he can easily talk with strangers, he's not shy, but he doesnt talk with others like unnecesarily).
    He rarely have problems or conflict with people. He knows also how to manage or deal with people to avoid conflicts.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-17-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response.

As far as tests go, I consistently get SLI with this one http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta.
    @Myst thought I was SLI or maybe LSI based solely on my questionnaire responses.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My first thought was you reminded me a bit of @Herzy (some of your movements) and then I wondered if you might be LSI. Herzy is SLE, ftr.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghouse View Post
    Thanks for the response.

As far as tests go, I consistently get SLI with this one http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta.
    @Myst thought I was SLI or maybe LSI based solely on my questionnaire responses.
    I think that SLI is possible.

Maybe you want to try with these too:

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/
    http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo_xl.html
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/iPsyght3
    Last edited by Hope; 07-17-2017 at 03:23 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    My first thought was you reminded me a bit of @Herzy (some of your movements) and then I wondered if you might be LSI. Herzy is SLE, ftr.
    I also thought on SLE.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@ghouse

I think you look present, so I'd go with Sensor. You also look very flexible with movements, so Irrational. I guess that all matches up with SLI, I have nothing against SLI from the video but I only had time to check the first minute, sorry. Oh and reading the other responses, SLE would have also been possible actually but I don't necessarily get a sense of extraversion for you in the video and your questionnaire is pretty far from SLE.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Slugabed, I tried the first link twice and was headed for an ISTx result, but both times the website stopped working after the last question. On the last two I got LII and ILI respectively.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think you are LII.
    I'd say ILI or SLI considering your scores.

Check the descriptions and functions on http://wikisocion.net/
    also the portraits, profiles or personality descriptions on http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...e-descriptions
    to see where you fit better.

I'd suggest checking Se types too, like LSI.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-17-2017 at 05:08 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

maybe SLI, you seem chill

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heyoooo! You're cool! Now Imma challenge the SLI, SLE, LSI typings above.

I picked up a lot of (interest, going against the grain, potential) and (business, profession, research, knowing how stuff works), some (understanding, unifying theories) as well.

You started off with "this could go in a number of directions" already, , come on. You estimate your path, purpose, meaning, and self-realization pretty well, .

Struggled a lot in the values, societal norms, beliefs and opinion alignments, and the relationship department, . You even totally oppose having a significant other! (also SX instinct related)

The theatre/acting thing - some minor . Chores, comfort, and environment beautifying - - no understanding. Low with the conflict awareness and handling but it's better than , you can muster courage a bit although you typically don't reegister a clash in the first place.

Very democratic around 21 minutes - group forming is rejected.

ILE. Less prominent alternative: LIE-Ni. Enneagram, hm... E5? And SP/SO as I said in the other thread. Maybe my girl @Medusa can give it a go for the E-type if she likes and has time.

Some side question. What exercise ball do you use there?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Leading function

The leading function, also called the base, program, or simply first function, is an individual's most dominant psychic function. It describes in general terms the person's most comfortable thinking patterns, perspective on life, state of mind, and behavioral style as well as their positive motivational forces (what they pursue most vigorously when they have a choice). " - Wikisocion

I'm going to focus in on the last part of this quotation. What I am currently choosing to pursue most vigorously is my own personality type. I've been pursuing this for some time (years) so I think it's safe to say that it would be a manifestation of my leading function. Next I'm going to analyze this behavior from the perspective of information element dichotomies.

So maybe the question is: Do I see the information that is my own personality type as internal or external, static or dynamic, extroverted or introverted?

I think it's safe to say that my own personality type is a form of internal information i.e. "Implicit, indirectly perceivable content of reality" as opposed to "Explicit, directly sensible content of reality". This leaves the functions, Ne, Ni, Fe, and Fi.

I also don't think that from my perspective personality type is information regarding an object or objects in motion. Cognitive functions are I guess technically in motion since they are by definition processes, but my interest is more centered on my own static type as opposed to which dynamic processes I use (though I obviously understand how these are linked). This leaves Ne and Fi.

Lastly, I don't see how information about my personality type could be interpreted as information regarding relations between objects, it seems at least to me that it would fall under the category of information regarding objects themselves. This leaves Ne and thus ILE at least from this preliminary investigation.

I don't know how accurate my understandings of the dichotomies are so if anyone feels that I've misinterpreted any of them, please don't hesitate to let me know.

@Chae I'm not sure what kind it is, all I know is that it's blue and it's nice to sit on.

Edit: On second thought, after reading through the the descriptions of the quadra subtypes, I connected most with the Ne-LII and Ti-LSI descriptions. At the very least, creative or base Ti seems apparent. Also, my highest sc
    ore was in section F (Ti) on the ru.laser.ru test.

Edit: Also, I just read through this article http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko and I'm pretty sure three of my Reinin dichotomies are static, negative and results-oriented, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ghouse; 07-17-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial impression, SLI

Do you enjoy new and novel things and the sensations they bring you?

Do you have trouble making big commitments (because it may bring boredom? relating to the first question)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't actively pursue new and novel sensory experiences, but I think I have the capacity to enjoy them when they happen.

Yup, currently trying to figure out what to do after I graduate and it's not an easy decision making process. I also changed my major like 3-4 times.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't actively pursue new and novel sensory experiences, but I think I have the capacity to enjoy them when they happen.

Yup, currently trying to figure out what to do after I graduate and it's not an easy decision making process. I also changed my major like 3-4 times.
    Ok cool.

Which description do you resonate with more?

Xs knowledge of people comes from direct personal experience rather than detached study and comparison with others, and they are largely oblivious to people until they have interacted with them one-on-one. Xs find it difficult to give accurate general descriptions of people's personalities that would ring true to other people, but they know what the person "feels like" in interaction. They appreciate people who are both able to offer a fresh perspective and incorporate the perspectives of the X. They always want to expand upon their interests, and love it when they find new information that strengthens their knowledge base. Xs are playful with "what if" situations and derive much of their sense of humor from this

Since they devote themselves so completely to whatever they do, Ys tend to build up a lot of emotional tension, which can only be released when somebody gives them a vivid reminder that there is more to life than their responsibilities.
    Ys respect and admire people who are deeply passionate about things and care enough about them to instill their attitudes in others and try to get them involved. They can forgive a little unruliness, impulsivity, and disorderliness for the emotional value such people give them. Ys tend to suffer from a deficit of passion and feel emotionally connected to the world mainly when they are around lively and emotional people.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably #1, I've never been good at describing people's personalities, even those of my immediate family. I think I may have realized in the past that the reason behind this inability may be due to a lack of active comparison between people. I don't think I have a lot of emotional tension or that I spend a lot of time focused on my responsibilities.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably #1, I've never been good at describing people's personalities, even those of my immediate family. I think I may have realized in the past that the reason behind this inability may be due to a lack of active comparison between people. I don't think I have a lot of emotional tension or that I spend a lot of time focused on my responsibilities.
    Another +1 for SLI then!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that last question looking at Reinin dichotomies? I think I relate most strongly to Alpha Quadra based on the the descriptions I found for the three dominant quadral traits. I didn't connect with the hierarchical statements associated with the aristocratic trait, nor the power referencing statements of the Decisive trait. I resonated significantly with the references to equality and freedom associated with the democratic and judicious traits.

Edit: @Slugabed Why don't you think I could be an LII?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Was that last question looking at Reinin dichotomies? I think I relate most strongly to Alpha Quadra based on the the descriptions I found for the three dominant quadral traits. I didn't connect with the hierarchical statements associated with the aristocratic trait, nor the power referencing statements of the Decisive trait. I resonated significantly with the references to equality and freedom associated with the democratic and judicious traits.

Edit: @Slugabed Why don't you think I could be an LII?
    Mostly based on VI.
    But you look more intuitive to me than sensor, tbh.
    If others here are looking you as "calm or chill" could be an indicative of Se1D too.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Was that last question looking at Reinin dichotomies?
    No, they were the dual seeking function of SLI and LSI, respectively.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to VI myself using this article http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Identification I'd say I was an ILI.

Edit: I guess to explain, I'm not at all lively in communication and when something piques my interest (like typology), it triggers a deep as opposed to a broad exploration of the subject. Additionally, my posture is more fluid than rigid and my expression is not very changeable. Lastly, I do not carefully manage my appearance at all and am not one to enjoy discussing practical subjects.
    Last edited by ghouse; 07-19-2017 at 02:00 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ghouse: In my opinion your choice is between ILI and SLI. From your words I see evidence for Introversion, Logics and Irrationality. Take in mind that this implies Creative, PoLR, HA and Demonstrative. Read about the functions. Do you relate more to Leading or Leading? Also, if is very strong, you could easily be either an ILI-Te or a SLI-Te (both Contact subtypes in which their Demonstrative is the most developed function). So, if you can, please share your thoughts about these two functions.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's wisest to break the functions up into their components in this case.

Si deals with information regarding the external dynamics of fields while Ni deals with information regarding the internal dynamics of fields.

Thus, the key issue is whether my leading function is primarily interested in the explicit, directly sensible content of reality or the implicit indirectly perceivable content of reality. Given that pursuing knowledge on the manner in which my mind metabolizes information can be classified as knowledge regarding the internal as opposed to the external dynamics of fields, my current position is that Ni is my lead function.

Once again, I'm not sure how well I understand the external internal dichotomy, but based on my current understanding this is where I'm at.

Edit: I actually don't relate strongly to all the parts of the Ni descriptions; future forecasting being a prime example. However, I think it's better to base my understanding of the information elements on their respective compositions as opposed to their overall descriptions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ghouse: If you still have problems, try to see the situation from other points of view: always in terms of and , which function do you think it's in the Role position? Or, even better, which function do you seek but you're bad at, or ? Try also to consider ITR.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I guess to explain, I'm not at all lively in communication and when something piques my interest (like typology), it triggers a deep as opposed to a broad exploration of the subject. Additionally, my posture is more fluid than rigid and my expression is not very changeable. Lastly, I do not carefully manage my appearance at all and am not one to enjoy discussing practical subjects.
    I'd agree on the lack of liveliness in communication/expression and how your posture is fluid.

What kind of practical subjects do you not enjoy discussing?

I think it's wisest to break the functions up into their components in this case.

Si deals with information regarding the external dynamics of fields while Ni deals with information regarding the internal dynamics of fields.

Thus, the key issue is whether my leading function is primarily interested in the explicit, directly sensible content of reality or the implicit indirectly perceivable content of reality. Given that pursuing knowledge on the manner in which my mind metabolizes information can be classified as knowledge regarding the internal as opposed to the external dynamics of fields, my current position is that Ni is my lead function.

Once again, I'm not sure how well I understand the external internal dichotomy, but based on my current understanding this is where I'm at.

Edit: I actually don't relate strongly to all the parts of the Ni descriptions; future forecasting being a prime example. However, I think it's better to base my understanding of the information elements on their respective compositions as opposed to their overall descriptions.
    This depends on what you see as "external dynamics of fields" and "internal dynamics of fields", you are using the abstract terms here without really specifying what they mean in reality, and when it comes to that, you do mention that you don't relate to future forecasting, which is part of the core of Ni being future oriented so something is off here. (Not trying to criticize you personally, btw, this is just analysis of an impersonal issue.)

So, maybe start with, what do you see as "knowledge regarding the internal"?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@User Name The description for Si as a role function in the ILI talks about "questions of health, aesthetics, lifestyle, and clothing" all of which I do pay little attention to. My living spaces can also get extremely messy as a result of my apathy towards such matters and can incite concern in others. The description goes on to say "that for ILI finding a proper occupation and self-realization are especially important" and this is very true for me. I've spent a lot of time energy and resources to try to identify the ideal career for myself and to a lesser extent to self actualize.

@Myst "Their interests in conversations are often practical (career, money, renting a new apartment, purchasing a new TV, house, car, etc.)" None of those topics seem interesting to me or like anything I've enjoyed talking about in the past. Knowledge regarding the internal would be knowledge of the "Implicit, indirectly perceivable content of reality." I think knowledge of my own distinct pattern of information metabolism would fall under "Implicit, indirectly perceivable content of reality", but I'm not sure.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@User Name The description for Si as a role function in the ILI talks about "questions of health, aesthetics, lifestyle, and clothing" all of which I do pay little attention to. My living spaces can also get extremely messy as a result of my apathy towards such matters and can incite concern in others. The description goes on to say "that for ILI finding a proper occupation and self-realization are especially important" and this is very true for me. I've spent a lot of time energy and resources to try to identify the ideal career for myself and to a lesser extent to self actualize.
    Eh, "finding a proper occupation and self-realization are especially important" is a human thing, not an ILI thing. It's an important thing for sure tho'.

In terms of trying to find that, do you relate to this at all?
    A good place for him is where is external wholeness, some orientating marks for the general movement, some suggested schedule and course of action. For example: 1) go to college 2) take these courses 3) finish it in 4 years. If he falls into some schedule, some routine, then to leave it is difficult for him due to difficulty in seeing options. Instead he may suddenly switch to another, more advanced schedule, with a guaranteed "bright future".

As for the apathy issue vs taking care of things, I don't know. How do you deal with your inner sensations of discomfort?

@Myst "Their interests in conversations are often practical (career, money, renting a new apartment, purchasing a new TV, house, car, etc.)" None of those topics seem interesting to me or like anything I've enjoyed talking about in the past. Knowledge regarding the internal would be knowledge of the "Implicit, indirectly perceivable content of reality."
    Examples of what you see as "Implicit, indirectly perceivable content of reality", though?

I think knowledge of my own distinct pattern of information metabolism would fall under "Implicit, indirectly perceivable content of reality", but I'm not sure.
    Everyone is capable of having some knowledge of that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I address my inner sensations of discomfort as they come up. I usually address them in some way to either lessen or eliminate them as opposed to ignore them To be honest though, I think I do have a pretty good awareness of my physical needs, hunger, thirst, fatigue etc.

My current understanding of the internal-external dichotomy is that the internal content of reality needs be perceived by reading into the external content of reality. This means seeing what the external reality hints at or implies. I guess now that I write it out, I'm not doing a lot of reading into the data I'm collecting. i'm pretty much taking it as is. On the other hand, addressing VI, I really don't manage my appearance that much. Also, I don't really focus on the maintenance of my internal physiological state as a primary part of my existence. What I was saying earlier about the lead function is that finding my own personality type has been a primary focus of mine for some years. Understanding the underlying motivation behind this focus should reveal a base function in action. To summarize, my thinking was that since I have been so intensely focused on uncovering my own personality type for some time it must be a manifestation of my lead function's operation and since personality type is something that must be read into, that my lead function is focused on the internal aspects of reality.

Edit: About the schedules thing, I've always avoided scheduling my activities, I've never used a planner or calendar. I also don't think I fall into routines very easily, so I don't think it would be hard for me to leave one.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current understanding of the internal-external dichotomy is that the internal content of reality needs be perceived by reading into the external content of reality. This means seeing what the external reality hints at or implies. I guess now that I write it out, I'm not doing a lot of reading into the data I'm collecting. i'm pretty much taking it as is. On the other hand, addressing VI, I really don't manage my appearance that much. Also, I don't really focus on the maintenance of my internal physiological state as a primary part of my existence. What I was saying earlier about the lead function is that finding my own personality type has been a primary focus of mine for some years. Understanding the underlying motivation behind this focus should reveal a base function in action. To summarize, my thinking was that since I have been so intensely focused on uncovering my own personality type for some time it must be a manifestation of my lead function's operation and since personality type is something that must be read into, that my lead function is focused on the internal aspects of reality.
    If what you say can be verified/tested, it’s external, if it cannot be verified with present information, it’s internal. For example, predictions and hunches are internal, noticing or pointing out visible patterns that others can follow in the data is external.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case I would describe the information I'm looking for as external. One of the reasons I think I'm taking this long to find out my type is because I'm looking for verifiable testable data to support any conclusion I may make. So I guess this would mean that the VI method I was looking at is a bit flawed regarding its intuitive-sensing dichotomy?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I guess I address my inner sensations of discomfort as they come up. I usually address them in some way to either lessen or eliminate them as opposed to ignore them To be honest though, I think I do have a pretty good awareness of my physical needs, hunger, thirst, fatigue etc.
    That sounds better than the Si role of ILI

My current understanding of the internal-external dichotomy is that the internal content of reality needs be perceived by reading into the external content of reality. This means seeing what the external reality hints at or implies. I guess now that I write it out, I'm not doing a lot of reading into the data I'm collecting. i'm pretty much taking it as is.
    That's what I guessed for you really.

On the other hand, addressing VI, I really don't manage my appearance that much. Also, I don't really focus on the maintenance of my internal physiological state as a primary part of my existence.
    Your appearance is managed pretty fine based on the video.

What I was saying earlier about the lead function is that finding my own personality type has been a primary focus of mine for some years. Understanding the underlying motivation behind this focus should reveal a base function in action. To summarize, my thinking was that since I have been so intensely focused on uncovering my own personality type for some time it must be a manifestation of my lead function's operation and since personality type is something that must be read into, that my lead function is focused on the internal aspects of reality.
    Could be the Ne dual seeking. Or just the phase that everyone goes through, getting to figure out themselves.

Edit: About the schedules thing, I've always avoided scheduling my activities, I've never used a planner or calendar. I also don't think I fall into routines very easily, so I don't think it would be hard for me to leave one.
    Schedule is meant in this high level sense in the context as quoted: "1) go to college 2) take these courses 3) finish it in 4 years". Not the kind of schedule you put into a planner, as far as I can interpret this.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

In that case I would describe the information I'm looking for as external. One of the reasons I think I'm taking this long to find out my type is because I'm looking for verifiable testable data to support any conclusion I may make. So I guess this would mean that the VI method I was looking at is a bit flawed regarding its intuitive-sensing dichotomy?
    Yep, that's S>N. VI doesn't have many reliable methods lol. There are a lot of subjective associations people use that don't work well.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI is at best a broad-stroke collection of trends, and some things will be more obvious than others in any given person. For example, nobody suggested any ExFx type for you, and that would be a very surprising thing for anyone to suggest based on how you come across. Most suggestions were for cold-blooded (IxTx types) because that's how you present yourself on video, as steady and not excitable or emotional. But trying to get too specific with VI and it starts falling apart, so it isn't always reliable and should imo be taken as just a general impression, not given a lot of weight in typing anyone.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I don't connect with about introversion is that I don't see how my current interests are regarding the relationships between objects as opposed to the objects themselves. I don't know what kind of object (I am)/(my type is), but it doesn't seem to me that I'm studying the relationship between that object and another object. My current understanding of fields vs. objects is that fields are interactions between distinct objects. I just don't see how it is that I could be primarily focused on perceiving and processing information regarding fields.

Edit: "In socionics, "extraversion" is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on the characteristics and behavior of objects (people, things, events) outside the observer. In contrast, "introversion" means a focus on the observer's response to and perception of objects." So maybe it's that my response to encountering typological theory is to find where I fit into the theory and that's what I'm focusing on?
    Last edited by ghouse; 07-19-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I don't connect with about introversion is that I don't see how my current interests are regarding the relationships between objects as opposed to the objects themselves. I don't know what kind of object (I am)/(my type is), but it doesn't seem to me that I'm studying the relationship between that object and another object. My current understanding of fields vs. objects is that fields are interactions between distinct objects. I just don't see how it is that I could be primarily focused on perceiving and processing information regarding fields.
    Any kind of relationship or comparison is a field. Words like closer, farther, warmer, colder, bigger and smaller, inside of, outside of, between, measured and estimated distances between, causes and effects, context, analogies and so on. It's both the background information and how one object or many objects relate to other objects and other relationships. The ball is under the tree is a simple physical relationship. The 4th of July is Independence Day in America is an explicit/external relationship. I love/hate/like/dislike the 4th of July is an implicit/internal relationship.

When people are first trying to find their type you'll see a lot of "I relate to this description" or "I don't relate to this part of this description" and that's using a field element, usually Fi (even when they aren't Fi egos or even Fi-valuing just because that's the nature of trying to self-type.) It's only if they continue that kind of thing long after they've typed themselves and in more circumstances than most other people that you might want to consider Fi ego for them. You've actually done very little of this imo in comparison to a lot of people even though you're trying to self-type, but this here is an example:
    One thing I don't connect with
    Everyone has both an object element and a field element in their ego, and these work together, also object perspective and field perspective change according to circumstance and culture, they are not a hardwired constant viewpoint. It's the preference for one over the other that determines type and subtype, but since everyone uses both together it may be very difficult to type yourself this way. As an example a strong Te object preference with a Si field element in the ego makes an LSE. As the field view rises in prominence, this can be seen as a Si-subtype LSE, but if Si is always a preference over Te, then you have an SLI. Everyone has both object and field elements in their ego block and both are used as circumstances dictate. There’s a gradient and flexibility in this. In other words subtype need not be set in stone but shift with changing conditions, and the general preference for objects or fields may not always stand out as a clear preference.

Instead of trying to use objects/fields to type (unless this is very clear in yourself) temperament is usually easier to determine (whether EJ or IP for example) along with the elements you use the most. In other words: which object elements do you use, and which field elements.
    Last edited by squark; 07-19-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this post on the temperaments http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l-Temperament? oddly enough for me I relate (introversion again) most with the EJ temperament. I do have a sense that my life is changing and that I need to stay ahead of it as opposed to just go with it. This has manifested in proactive behavior regarding academics and other activities that I have thought would prepare me for life down the road. I hate the fact that I'm getting older even though I'm only in my early twenties and as I mentioned in the video I have a very intense and adverse reaction to thinking about death (I get that no one wants to die, but for me its even a bigger deal than usual). If nothing was changing I would feel content as opposed to bored, but things definitely are at all times and this makes me anxious most of the time.

As for which elements I use most Te>Fe seems pretty obvious and Si>Ni after that.

Edit: To put forward an alternative view though, while I do recognize a sense of "everything needs to slow down/change less" (Dynamic and Rational) in my attitude towards life, it doesn't seem to explain my immediate interests and activities. I think those would better be explained by "everything needs to speed up/change more" (Static and Irrational). For example, I'm conducting the research I am currently due to a lack of progress being made in identifying my type, not in order to keep ahead of some curve. Looking at it from this angle Se>Ne and Ti>Fi?
    Last edited by ghouse; 07-19-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this post on the temperaments http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l-Temperament? oddly enough for me I relate (introversion again) most with the EJ temperament. I do have a sense that my life is changing and that I need to stay ahead of it as opposed to just go with it. This has manifested in proactive behavior regarding academics and other activities that I have thought would prepare me for life down the road. I hate the fact that I'm getting older even though I'm only in my early twenties and as I mentioned in the video I have a very intense and adverse reaction to thinking about death (I get that no one wants to die, but for me its even a bigger deal than usual). If nothing was changing I would feel content as opposed to bored, but things definitely are at all times and this makes me anxious most of the time.

As for which elements I use most Te>Fe seems pretty obvious and Si>Ni after that.
    The post you linked is a good explanation imo. Are you generally proactive, or is it just because of current circumstances with school and preparing for a career? I thought you might be IP (maybe wrongly) when you said that a source of conflict that you have with your parents is that they think you should be doing more things.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm proactive because I have to be, not because I want to be, if that answers your question. What I was talking about with my parents is more "I'm doing everything that needs to be done so why should I do more" in other words "Nothing else I do will make a difference in terms of getting me where I need to go". I guess that could be IP as in "Things are changing/developing at an acceptable pace, so let's maintain it". I guess this may be where I begin to see a mixture between Je and Pi. In some instances, things are changing at an unacceptable rapid rate, while in other cases things are changing at an acceptable rate. However, I think at this point I'm just starting to see how reality has static and dynamic as well as rational and irrational components/aspects.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Edit: "In socionics, "extraversion" is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on the characteristics and behavior of objects (people, things, events) outside the observer. In contrast, "introversion" means a focus on the observer's response to and perception of objects." So maybe it's that my response to encountering typological theory is to find where I fit into the theory and that's what I'm focusing on?
    That's not a bad take. And this would be an introverted element, yes. It doesn't have to be Fi though, like it was indicated in another post here, it can be another introverted element too, e.g. Ti if it's impersonal analysis of cognition.

Also, this was well put about how VI is a "broad-stroke collection of trends, and some things will be more obvious than others in any given person" - this also applies to the entire Socionics model and the sociotypes. Keep that in mind. It's good to try and build up a general idea of yourself however, and for that Socionics can show some trends on the general level, yes.

Edit: To put forward an alternative view though, while I do recognize a sense of "everything needs to slow down/change less" (Dynamic and Rational) in my attitude towards life, it doesn't seem to explain my immediate interests and activities. I think those would better be explained by "everything needs to speed up/change more" (Static and Irrational). For example, I'm conducting the research I am currently due to a lack of progress being made in identifying my type, not in order to keep ahead of some curve. Looking at it from this angle Se>Ne and Ti>Fi?
    I don't find Static/Dynamic or even the IEs themselves useful categories for analyzing general actions. Those tend to come from several motives and from things processed through several IEs etc.

I'm proactive because I have to be, not because I want to be, if that answers your question. What I was talking about with my parents is more "I'm doing everything that needs to be done so why should I do more" in other words "Nothing else I do will make a difference in terms of getting me where I need to go". I guess that could be IP as in "Things are changing/developing at an acceptable pace, so let's maintain it". I guess this may be where I begin to see a mixture between Je and Pi. In some instances, things are changing at an unacceptable rapid rate, while in other cases things are changing at an acceptable rate.
    That's OK for Ip, yeah.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast