TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Rowan Atkinson

The famous Mr. Bean!

I know how I type him, but what do YOU think ?!

I had a mythology Professor who had studied with him at Oxford. They were in the same dorm halls. He said that rather than focusing on his Engineering courses, Rowan was always playing jokes on people and making them laugh in the dorms.

That is your hint. ; )

quotes:

-The older you get, the more you realise how happenstance... has helped to determine your path through life.

- But I always feel that whatever I do, I could do better. I suppose it is perfectionism. ... I have to say that I've always believed perfectionism is more of a disease than a quality. I do try to go with the flow but I can't let go.

- Nope, I don't enjoy work generally. Not because I'm lazy; it's just all so stressful and worrying.

- Funny things tend not to happen to me. I am not a natural comic. I need to think about things a lot before I can be even remotely amusing. ... I mean I can do it when I'm very relaxed, and with good friends, then I think I can be amusing.
    - I think the character does tend to suit an episodic thing, because what's fun about him is that he doesn't care about anyone else, and it's very difficult for a main character - a lead character - in a movie to not care about anybody else.

- I think I have an inner confidence that my tastes are pretty simple, that what I find funny finds a wide audience. I'm not particularly intellectual or clever or minority-focused in my creative instincts. And I'm certainly not aware of suppressing more sophisticated ambitions.

- I'm very good at having time off. I tend to take whole years off - I had 1994 and 1997 off. I find it very easy; I just love pottering around doing normal things.

- In the modern media age we are rarely surprised by what we see. Whether it's on television or film or in the theatre, everything is so advertised, so trailed, that most entertainment is merely what you thought it was going to be like.

Last edited by silke; 10-11-2019 at 05:53 AM. Reason: updated links
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always assumed SLI, but I haven't really looked into him.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My instinctive impression is ILE. I watched all three Johnny English films over the Christmas break; he has a great range, which makes it hard to tell, but definitely Si/Ne valuing IMO. I enjoy most of his humour, especially Blackadder and Johnny English but Mr. Bean is probably my least favourite of his well-known works.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    My instinctive impression is ILE. I watched all three Johnny English films over the Christmas break; he has a great range, which makes it hard to tell, but definitely Si/Ne valuing IMO. I enjoy most of his humour, especially Blackadder and Johnny English but Mr. Bean is probably my least favourite of his well-known works.
    Oh my gosh, I only saw the first Johnny English movie in the theatre. I didn't know there was more. That movie was hilarious, I was laughing out loud in the theatre. Thanks for the heads-up!!
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEE

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Oh my gosh, I only saw the first Johnny English movie in the theatre. I didn't know there was more. That movie was hilarious, I was laughing out loud in the theatre. Thanks for the heads-up!!
    You're welcome!

To expand on the original topic: After watching a couple of interviews I think he might be LII, but either way his quick-thinking is a hallmark of his personality and seems very Ne in approach. He takes small concepts and expands them into entire characters and shows (Mr. Bean) and adds in all sorts of extra things and viewpoints to come up with a complete picture of what he wants to do. He admits to not finding comedy funny when he watches it himself because he always feels the need to internally analyse its qualities. As for his acting: his roles in Blackadder and Johnny English are dripping with Ne/Ti, although that might be more to do with the script-writing. Either way, he plays it very naturally. Definitely Alpha NT for me.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, quite obvious if you watch him during interviews.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He always seemed -ILI to me.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ni-ILI or Ne-LII. Those are the only two choices I see.