Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Guy lacks a dynamism of LIE by a long shot. He VI's as Donald Triplett - my new ILI benchmark.

triplett-e847e99532cfb555620e1ad2fd44d03d7204f1b2-s800-c85.jpg

416x416.jpg

hmm I can see some similarities. how anyone can type him as sensing type is beyond me.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone who interviewed him in irl, so have heard personal account of him in irl. I would get SLI... with strong Ni role, or ILI, with strong Si role.

He was drinking soda during the interview and told the young ladies they needed to build healthy habits before they became like him, and pointed toward the soda.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He does not seem to have that bitching in your face SLI Fe PoLR instead he resorts to ridicule which is ILI stance.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is an LSE. Fe-polr makes zero sense. He is good with Fe and Si.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    He does not seem to have that bitching in your face SLI Fe PoLR instead he resorts to ridicule which is ILI stance.
    Ridicule who? He is very easy going and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He isn't ILI. He doesn't have strong opinions on things. Or at least he doesn't express them strongly. Fi suggestive.

For example, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates would literally call people idiots. So do I. Buffett isnt like that at all. He isn't like Musk. Isn't like Zuckerberg. No resentment or victim hood. He is actually criticized for being too easy on people.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I know someone who interviewed him in irl, so have heard personal account of him in irl. I would get SLI... with strong Ni role, or ILI, with strong Si role.

He was drinking soda during the interview and told the young ladies they needed to build healthy habits before they became like him, and pointed toward the soda.
    SLI with....strong Ni? a function that is turned off in favor of your base? whenever SLI make predictions I'm just rolling my eyes. most of the time they completely refrain from looking into the future, saying that you can't predict things.

this guy can patiently wait for results. sensing types don't do that. they are daytraders, it's very uncomfortable for them to do nothing and just wait. I see this in crypto all the time. these are the people that sold bitcoin for 1.50$ years ago and thought they won big. LSE is even more ridiculous...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    SLI with....strong Ni? a function that is turned off in favor of your base? whenever SLI make predictions I'm just rolling my eyes. most of the time they completely refrain from looking into the future, saying that you can't predict things.

this guy can patiently wait for results. sensing types don't do that. they are daytraders, it's very uncomfortable for them to do nothing and just wait. I see this in crypto all the time. these are the people that sold bitcoin for 1.50$ years ago and thought they won big. LSE is even more ridiculous...
    So you believe Ni types are these mystics who can see the future? Bill Gates said spam would be a thing of the past by the 90s or 2000.

You know what company Buffett just bought for the first time? Amazon. The best company in the world just about. He JUST decided to invest into it. He is old fashioned. His principles are old fashioned. Just look at financial statements and see what it is worth. No visionary. Very common sense.

lol at sensing types being day traders. you are a fuckin moron.

Oh, and Bitcoin, another thing Buffett predicted wrongly and was against. Gates too. I agree with them too. Crypto is for idiots and people just got lucky. lol at attributing any bitcoin gains to skill or vision. please. You probably think the dumb potheads who bought pot stocks and rode the bubble were geniuses too.

Oh, and you do wanna talk about Buffett's investment in Kraft Heinz? lol. What a disaster. You need to realize that in investing you can be wrong most of the time and still come out on top.

Buffett is all about old fashioned, boring shit. Coca Cola. Kraft Heinz. Airlines. Utilities.

And there is no evidence that Warren Buffett, or any investor, is exceptional. See the math and explanation here: start at like 8 minutes in. STATISTICALLY INSIGNIFICANT

Last edited by Tearsofaclown; 10-13-2019 at 06:40 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to reiterate that any bitcoin gains were due to luck and chance. Not skill or vision. Anymore than investing in Tilray was skill or vision.

And what the fuck are you wearing in that avatar? lol. Fucking ******. lol. Embarrassing.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI's enjoy fame of being calculating cautious cowards due to process orientation and 4D Ni (EIE's having the same predisposition but they take risks) while SLI's are potential daredevils as are LIE's.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI or LSE seems to fit.
    @soundofconfusion His predictions are actually based on his experience and models, not on some "magical Ni" (no offence to Ni users). One of his more famous quotes that stuck in for me was about how you shouldn't invest in things you don't know throughfully; he is very experience- and knowledge-based. In fact, his cautiousness in that regard caused him to not invest in technologies for decades (as he considers the market far too unstable). I can find more info if you want to read it (I won't pretend to be an expert on Buffett either, but that's what he said).

He uses mainly fundamental analysis: he calculates business' approximate value and then decides whether to invest or not (he famously made his fortune searching for and then investing in "cigar butt stocks", a.ka. the ones that are criminally underpriced; he loves that technique). You can use Ni for that, but it's definitely not needed.

He strikes me delta, knowing a bit about his overall image and rather secretive life in his old, non-outwardly rich house.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mesn View Post
    SLI or LSE seems to fit.
    @soundofconfusion His predictions are actually based on his experience and models, not on some "magical Ni" (no offence to Ni users). One of his more famous quotes that stuck in for me was about how you shouldn't invest in things you don't know throughfully; he is very experience- and knowledge-based. In fact, his cautiousness in that regard caused him to not invest in technologies for decades (as he considers the market far too unstable). I can find more info if you want to read it (I won't pretend to be an expert on Buffett either, but that's what he said).

He uses mainly fundamental analysis: he calculates business' approximate value and then decides whether to invest or not (he famously made his fortune searching for and then investing in "cigar butt stocks", a.ka. the ones that are criminally underpriced; he loves that technique). You can use Ni for that, but it's definitely not needed.

He strikes me delta, knowing a bit about his overall image and rather secretive life in his old, non-outwardly rich house.
    But not taking any sort of risk is trademark of ILI not SLI.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is not a magical function that lets you see the future, you simply get a feeling on how things will develop, and depending on how strong that feeling is, you will act on it. I was giving bitcoin as an example because of that. I know dozens of people who invested in it because of berlin's startup scene and all the people who bought it years ago and made money with it were Ni dominant types, while SLI or LSE often end up like this guy:

j8d9uw662ntz.jpg

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
    And what the fuck are you wearing in that avatar? lol. Fucking ******. lol. Embarrassing.
    you seem like a really sad and unstable individual to me.

@Aylen

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is not a magical function that lets you see the future, you simply get a feeling on how things will develop, and depending on how strong that feeling is, you will act on it. I was giving bitcoin as an example because of that. I know dozens of people who invested in it because of berlin's startup scene and all the people who bought it years ago and made money with it were Ni dominant types, while SLI or LSE often end up like this guy:

j8d9uw662ntz.jpg
    You got lucky. There is a show on HBO about sports betting. This one guy who picked Holly Holm to beat Rousey, then Tate to beat Holm. The guy is a total retard. He got lucky. But now he has an entire industry of people who pay for his "predictions". They are gullible fools. More money was made selling shovels than in gold. These guys claim to know where the gold is, but only sell the shovel. They are charlatans. You are too. You can't predict shit. There is a ton of literature on the subject. Intuition is actually frowned up by intellectuals. See Thinking Fast and Slow by a Nobel Prize winner. Intuition substitutes a difficult question with an easier question. Like, the complex question of whether I should invest in netflix can be substituted with a simpler question, "Do I personally like Netflix?" You are doing the same thing. You are taking a complex topic --stock predicting-- and reducing it to a simple answer. To some esoteric system backed by nothing but personal anecdotes. "Because my interpenetration of a fringe theory says so."

You know who never thinked with his gut? Carl Sagan. Where knowledge ends, he stops. George Soros is another guy who thinks markets can't be predicted. I guess your crypto speculating ass is better than him too.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warren Buffet is a conservative SLI. As such contains impeccable patient as he buckles in for the long-term game. His analysis is very practical and pragmatic, but not revolutionary. He is somewhat critical of the Gamma way of investing (intense quantitative analysis), and relies on time tested principles. His calmness has stood the test of time and does not go for the new excited financial instruments. He is risk off with his investments and doesn't see any reason to be risk-on. He takes time perfecting his craft, but does not make what he sees as overly creative ideas seep into his methods and corrupt them. The only similarity he has with ILI's is his temperament.

Don't know when this forum accepted SLI's are risky with their investments. Risk and its management is a something to be assigned to the Beta and Gamma quadra.

There is a difference between a good conservative investor and a investor good at managing risk.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got lucky.
    I've never explicitly said that I invested in bitcoin.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never explicitly said that I invested in bitcoin.
    But you said that people who sold bitcoin early were stupid. Myself, Bill Gates and Buffett would all argue that ANYONE who invests in crypto is stupid. You attributed holding bitcoin to fuckin vision. lol.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you said that people who sold bitcoin early were stupid.
    I never said that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying he can't be an ILI (that would be actually my second guess, and then LSE, so I should fix that), but I don't really see a LIE in him so far. No signs of seeking Se as well (that's why I would tend to SLI). The discussion is rather closed on him being a Te-ego, so maybe it needs more detailed analysis in it to choose "which one". Some autobiography included (yes, I saw his quotes on the first page). And again, I don't think he sees when to take action or not or feels strongly about the future, he just follows some basic rules that he knows from his experience to get the results.

Some quotes here - https://www.ruleoneinvesting.com/blo...sting-success/

This quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffett
    If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.
    The investor of today does not profit from yesterday’s growth.
    may bring some of you to thinking, "well, not a Si-ego", but then, I can very assure you I would agree with this one.

On non-investing at all:
    Today people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn’t. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value.
    I have no problems with understanding him whatsoever (actually, what he says is rather common-knowledge, if you look deeper into that), though I'm personally more reckless.

"Warren Buffett is also a huge proponent of continuous learning and self-education. He’s said in the past that he reads over 500 pages a day. He is always learning and he’s always spending time on personal development." Pointing a little towards Ne-seeking or Ne-HA?

I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business.
    ----
    Okay, adding my typings for Buffet (in that order):
    1. SLI
    2. ILI or LSE
    3. LIE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said that.
    You said they couldn't hold onto the investment. They SHOULDN'T have held on to it.

Your entire argument is subjective anecdotes and you dress like a girl. Enough said.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying he can't be an ILI (that would be actually my second guess, and then LSE, so I should fix that), but I don't really see a LIE in him so far. No signs of seeking Se as well (that's why I would tend to SLI). The discussion is rather closed on him being a Te-ego, so maybe it needs more detailed analysis in it to choose "which one". Some autobiography included (yes, I saw his quotes on the first page). And again, I don't think he sees when to take action or not or feels strongly about the future, he just follows some basic rules that he knows from his experience to get the results.

Some quotes here - https://www.ruleoneinvesting.com/blo...sting-success/

This quotes

may bring some of you to thinking, "well, not a Si-ego", but then, I can very assure you I would agree with this one.

On non-investing at all:

I have no problems with understanding him whatsoever (actually, what he says is rather common-knowledge, if you look deeper into that), though I'm personally more reckless.

"Warren Buffett is also a huge proponent of continuous learning and self-education. He’s said in the past that he reads over 500 pages a day. He is always learning and he’s always spending time on personal development." Pointing a little towards Ne-seeking or Ne-HA?
    He is Ne seeking, yes. It is obvious. He isn't Se valuing. We are arguing with people who think sensors are too stupid to even think into the future at all. I tend to like ESTJ myself. As people I mean.

And yes, it is all about absorption of information. The more you learn, the more you earn.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said they couldn't hold onto the investment. They SHOULDN'T have held on to it.
    so that means I said that they were stupid? interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is Ne seeking, yes. It is obvious. He isn't Se valuing. We are arguing with people who think sensors are too stupid to even think into the future at all. I tend to like ESTJ myself. As people I mean.

And yes, it is all about absorption of information. The more you learn, the more you earn.
    I don't think Heretic or Sound (or anyone else thinking ILI) are stupid, I've thought we are just discussing things and presenting arguments, so some sort of a conclusion could be reached. It may not be a sensor-bias either, just misinformation, lack of knowledge (about sensors or Buffett) or whatever - to think the way you wrote about. I still stand most closely to SLI for him.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Heretic or Sound (or anyone else thinking ILI) are stupid, I've thought we are just discussing things and presenting arguments, so some sort of a conclusion could be reached. It may not be a sensor-bias either, just misinformation, lack of knowledge (about sensors or Buffett) or whatever - to think the way you wrote about. I still stand most closely to SLI for him.

I'm saying this Sound guy is saying sensors are stupid. He said:

and

whenever SLI make predictions I'm just rolling my eyes. most of the time they completely refrain from looking into the future, saying that you can't predict things.
    Basically, he is too smart to be a sensor. He rolls his eyes when sensors try to make predictions. They just suck at it. And all the smart kids held crypto. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm saying this Sound guy is saying sensors are stupid.

Basically, he is too smart to be a sensor. He rolls his eyes when sensors try to make predictions. They just suck at it. And all the smart kids held crypto. lol.
    I was actually into crypto from the beginning. I didn't invest because I was 10 or so, but I would hold or regularly trade without quitting.

And Sound, you are wrong on this one, sensors can definitely sit and do nothing (or something else), especially SLIs. Heck, I guess (I hope) even LSEs and ESEs can learn that (1D Ni can learn some things, and you make it up with a high Si).

Aushra on SLIs, for example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aushra
    At first he may seem to do everything coolly, carelessly. But gradually it becomes clear that his unhurriedness reflects his general tempo of life: a combination of relaxation and perfection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aushra, a non-heretical (to, I think, about every forum member) source on ILIs and SLIs:

Aushra on ILIs
    1."Imagination directs me". He possesses a powerful, intellectual imagination. A representative of this type, Honoré de Balzac, in his series of novels, The Human Comedy "painted" the portraits of more than 2000 people who appear hyper real: "he is comparable perhaps only to the city controller's office" —wrote of him Andre Maurois. Similarly, the phantasmagoric world of Gabriel García Marquez is impressively precise in every detail. Due to this quality The Critic can forecast the future quite well. From empirical observations of how a man acts at various times he creates something like a functional model in his mind. In general, he tends to know everything in advance. If he did not have to warn other people about possible dangers (opportunities interest him less), he most possibly would feel himself redundant.

2."A priest's calmness and restraint". He almost never expresses emotions and protects from them his family and friends. He sincerely believes that passions, too strong, will lead one to his doom. Honoré de Balzac has constantly demonstrated throughout his literary works how passion spreads like a devastating cancer that eats away the souls of men until it finally suppresses all else. This holds totally true in the case of his dual (Caesar, The Politician), a hyperactive person that easily gets carried away.

3.A profound analyst. He is convinced that living is impossible if one disregards the natural laws that regulate the world. One who ignores reality is heading for disaster. The Criticist believes that it is better to be somewhat too cynical then be a hypocrite. Hearing of a situation, he very soon thoroughly understands it and begins to tell to the bewildered interlocutor the details and aspects that the latter had overlooked. His analysis is devoid of any self-encouragement. "You shouldn't have a different attitude towards life than you have for the kitchen—the same amount of stinking odor; if you want to cook a dish, you'll have to get your hands dirty, just make sure you'll be able to wash the dirt off once you are done; that's the entire moral of our day and age."—So speaks Vautrin, a hero of Balzac's books. Such misanthropy can kill the anybody's spirits, except his dual (The Politician)!

4."First and foremost, he is kind". In spite of all his "negativism", he is really a very kindly person in nature. The above phrase about Honoré de Balzac belongs to George Sand who knew him very well. He likes strong people who know their way in life, who demand concessions: such people release him from the necessity to invent goals, while using methods invented by him (he is a master of inventing methods.) He is capable of pouring a bucket of cold water out on the head of an enthusiast. But on the other hand, he is likewise capable of easing one's despair, when they are unlucky, when things go the wrong way, when destiny seems to be hostile.

5.Unapproachable and thus desired. A girl-student by the name of Laima (The Politician) gave a good description of this type when she tried to describe the hero of her dreams: "He must be handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total dependence of his demanding partner.
    Aushra on SLIs
    1. An iceberg in the ocean. He is obstinate, reclusive, almost always equally cold and enigmatic. His movements are quiet, precise, and very economical: other people often get an impression that his results disproportionately exceed the efforts invested. He is characterized by non-ostentatious quiet persistence and reliable accomplishment of everything he commenced, internal responsibility for deeds and modesty. Like a typical Briton, he is not ostentatious in his attitude towards work, as well as not demonstrative in revealing his feelings at all. At first he may seem to do everything coolly, carelessly. But gradually it becomes clear that his unhurriedness reflects his general tempo of life: a combination of relaxation and perfection.

2. Talented laziness. Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen. He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences. When performing common tasks together with somebody else, everything very easily and without pressure from his side goes the way he likes. All space accessible to him is organized ideally for work and rest. He is an aesthete who completely trusts his taste. He dresses very neatly, with taste, but as a rule not challenging convention. His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

3. Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive (there are many actors among representatives of this type, e.g. Vladimir Vyssotsky, Adriano Celentano). He is calm under any circumstances, but calm in a different manner. He remains cold and unapproachable when he loves, and does not hurry to trust feelings of his somewhat frivolous dual (The Psychologist). He is very jealous and mistrustful: he is horrified that his emotions will be ridiculed. In dangerous situations he stubbornly fears nothing, approaches the source of danger very calmly. This is his best move – to go directly towards the opponent, and the stronger one shall prevail. This is also the main pose of the actor Jean Gabin - impertinence, non-compliance, internal correctness and courage. The more lonely he is, the more unapproachable.

4. Goals and methods. Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones and a chatterbox, especially when being without his dual for long: he speaks a lot but does nothing, as if waiting for something. In such a situation he is really waiting: for a scream for help. He will not work without a goal, and is not capable of inventing goals himself. Only The Psychologist, the ardent enthusiast, has a key, which starts up the precise and flawless mechanism of The Craftsman. As a reward The Craftsman considers the joy he has brought by his labor. He judges about sincerity of others by voice inflection, which automatically mobilizes him. Both desire and joy are often best expressed by his dual – The Psychologist – who is in addition a great specialist of finding talents and admiring them sincerely. And The Craftsman has to be a favorite, for he does not tolerate equal rewarding regardless of contribution. Only sincere feelings expressed by the eyes and intonations can win him over.
    I think SLI fits him better, judging by my knowledge of him.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need to get over their typings of celebrities.

Whether Buffett is LSE or ILI doesn’t matter one bit if you can’t use that info to further your understanding outside of personality theories. You can celebrate when one of you is as rich as Buffett.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I roll my eyes the same way EII roll their eyes when I use Fi. I never mentioned that sensing types or SLI are stupid. Bitcoin and the whole crypto market is highly speculative. it's very difficult for sensing types to not react to these constant price changes and I've observed that with friends, in telegram chats and in meetups with crypto enthusiasts. the advantage that Ni types have is that they are not so affected by these constant changes and are more focused on the future price (what happens in 5 years).

I wanted to write more arguments a couple of hours ago, but I don't feel like arguing with someone who judges people based on their appearance and uses "******" as an insult, and as I've heard, it's not the first time you did this. I guess I just ignore you from now on.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I roll my eyes the same way EII roll their eyes when I use Fi. I never mentioned that sensing types or SLI are stupid. Bitcoin and the whole crypto market is highly speculative. it's very difficult for sensing types to not react to these constant price changes and I've observed that with friends, in telegram chats and in meetups with crypto enthusiasts. the advantage that Ni types have is that they are not so affected by these constant changes and are more focused on the future price (what happens in 5 years).

I wanted to write more arguments a couple of hours ago, but I don't feel like arguing with someone who judges people based on their appearance and uses "******" as an insult, and as I've heard, it's not the first time you did this. I guess I just ignore you from now on.
    Wrong again. The easiest prices to predict are those in the long term. The long term basically predicts itself. It is the short term that takes skill to predict in. This is reflected in options prices. Long term, the market is bullish. That is a fact. Anybody can predict that. lol. That is what Buffett does. It is a fuckin fact that the S and P is in like a 100 year uptrend. That isn't a prediction. It is knowledge, and Buffett knows it.

You say sensors can't predict anything because they think short term, but short term are the hardest predictions to make! So they would actually be the best at making predictions period. As things like laws of large numbers kick in at higher levels. That's why day trading is so hard. It's such a small sample size. Anybody can invest in the market long term and gain.

http://www.investingparexc.com/2017/...ces-every-day/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing is your reasoning why people trade. It often comes down to guts. To risk aversion. I don't sell because I have nothing better to do, but because I get scared. I would be too scared to bet on crypto too. People buy and trade like weirdos because of emotion. Not because they can't keep up with things or impatient. But because they are scared or greedy. Trading can be emotionally exhausting. Buffett is cool as a cucumber.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure but it’s a stereotype.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII; Charlie Munger (RIP) is ILI
    Last edited by hellohellohello; 11-28-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12