TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Beta rationals often expect a very tight bond in relationships, someone you can rely on.
    This description sounds to me like quintessential Fi.
    Well it fits me. Whether it's Fi valuing or not, depends on what IEs you process this with and how.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Was in new posts, just like this one was.
    What was your motivation to comment on it?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    What was your motivation to comment on it?
    Annoyance with your obvious self-importance. (When I read the post in the thread I mean) As far as the thread, was one of many I had skimmed, so no particular motivation to read it.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Annoyance with your obvious self-importance. (When I read the post in the thread I mean) As far as the thread, was one of many I had skimmed, so no particular motivation to read it.
    Ok, gotcha. I didn't mean to annoy you via self-importance. It's more of a covert defense mechanism against feeling worthless. So, I'm sorry, e3 issues are coming through I'm trying to improve that The skimming, did you gather more impressions about my type while you were at it? You seemed interested elsewhere since I quoted you.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ok, gotcha. I didn't mean to annoy you via self-importance. It's more of a covert defense mechanism against feeling worthless. So, I'm sorry, e3 issues are coming through I'm trying to improve that The skimming, did you gather more impressions about my type while you were at it? You seemed interested elsewhere since I quoted you.
    I suggested IEE or SEE since the thing that stood out the most to me was the weak Ti and extroverted ethical type seemed the best fit. ESE and EIE also fit that criteria, and between the 2 of those ESE seems more likely. EIEs are usually more cautious about declaring things that might not be true. The way you've gone about typing yourself, immediately jumping in as a type and commenting on things from that perspective only to change to a new type and be equally eager to discuss your type as though it is solid and sure is not something EIEs or any Ni type typically does. They may think themselves to be different types at different times and talk about them, but it's in a different way, more tentative and exploring, rather than the kind of claim you put on a type and declare yourself a representative of it. A possible reason for this is that with Ni they are looking more long-term and don't want to jump too eagerly into something that they are just going to have to change again later. From my perspective you're very similar to Joy in that way, and I type her as ESE. I haven't seen any good argument for intuition over sensing.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suggested IEE or SEE since the thing that stood out the most to me was the weak Ti and extroverted ethical type seemed the best fit. ESE and EIE also fit that criteria, and between the 2 of those ESE seems more likely. EIEs are usually more cautious about declaring things that might not be true. The way you've gone about typing yourself, immediately jumping in as a type and commenting on things from that perspective only to change to a new type and be equally eager to discuss your type as though it is solid and sure is not something EIEs or any Ni type typically does. They may think themselves to be different types at different times and talk about them, but it's in a different way, more tentative and exploring, rather than the kind of claim you put on a type and declare yourself a representative of it. A possible reason for this is that with Ni they are looking more long-term and don't want to jump too eagerly into something that they are just going to have to change again later. From my perspective you're very similar to Joy in that way, and I type her as ESE. I haven't seen any good argument for intuition over sensing.
    Thanks a lot! That's a cool way to look at it - conversely, what arguments for Si are there, how does Ni polr manifest?

You basically looked at my TIM-choosing behavior to approach my type --> I'll write more about it, you might encounter more clues:
    So, I see typing myself as a way of self-discovery. What facets/capacities are there, what types of drives and strengths - how can I express that to advance as a person, how can I craft an image, what does that image consist of, what does this identity mean to me, what sides of me can I show and how do others react to my interpreting. In a nutshell, "How is it like to be someone I want to be?", that's the purpose. Also important, what does that say about my hidden character, i.e. the person behind the scenes that watches the process from afar to get global insights about the people involved. By interpretation - posing as if my type is sure - I'm looking for myself (I call it: uncovering through paradox). Declaration is necessary, otherwise I won't get feedback - on the other hand, I want my type to be correct at some point so I'm just floating along, anticipating the revelation through either my own eureka moment or someone who understands what's going on. Yes, I do explore tentatively it as you say, very true. I see it this way, a mask always brings out the most accurate form of the self, right to the surface. Give a person a chance to pretend and they show what they are like; that's exactly what I'm going about since day one on here.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Let me clarify a little, this may be a confusing point. Fe valuers (and especially Fe rational types) expect a kind of constant line of communication to be open. "being present", giving someone attention, the overall intention here has more to do with the interactional, dynamic quality of the relationship. Fi valuers may care more about the underlying status of the relationship but actually tend to neglect expressing it externally at times. The whole stereotype of the "overattached girlfriend", the smothering / clingy SO who wants to know where you are every second of the day -- this is really an Fe leading archetype.
    Naah, more like, F base sx-first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234