Thread: Development of one's suggestive function with another's creative

TIM
    ILI 5w6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Development of one's suggestive function with another's creative

I'm not sure if all of these forum entries are submitted to the correct subforum (maybe if I can gain more technical answers by submission to dedicated subforums of this site, I'll resubmit) but previous to this one in question, I mentioned in passing without much elaboration, that I seek stimulation of my suggestive Se via the secondarily sensing ESI/LSI; for finding myself agitated and impatient with Se dominants that I know. Is this merely a matter of slower development as a trade-off, while being able to bypass being enraged in the process, or is there simply no slower alternative to just interacting with dominants of functions for which, development is desired? I know that people can do activities singularly (in my case exercise, sport, observation of mobile details, ???) that promote use of a function, without necessarily a strong user of the function present - but having a reference by which to catalogue responses (perhaps pathologically, since Se is intrinsically an improvisational and responsive function, that is obviously not used in a studied, planned or formulaic basis to be catalogued) of a proficient Se user to various situations, I could not do with myself as as a mere reference.

Even if you don't have a conclusive answer to the first question, ideas about how I could train use of Se in activities aside from physical exercise or sport would be appreciated. (I do both already - not that I'm opposed to those as methods ).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suppose, a person is not in full acceptance of the aid by only seeing glimpses each other in a very sorry state – out of reach. I kind of like model G in this respect. It talks about energy - not a natural skill or definite mastery and a person is interested in training his/her suggestive mainly via role which corresponds well with demonstrative/creative positions.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I doubt that one could alter any aspect of type structure once the brain has fully matured unless there's significant brain injury; otherwise, ego would be unstable. One can create higher-level processes (through experience and practice) that compensate for shortcomings of fundamental data handling - like software that runs on an operating system to simulate the functioning of another operating system, and I emphasize "simulate". One can improve how one deals with certain senarios but one's data control system will likely remain untouched......

a.k.a. I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to check out what the Jungians say about this:

Development of suggestive ("inferior function") is possible, but it belongs to the second half of life, when you already have been going full stream ahead with the base function for decades. Then there seems to be a natural shift of focus towards the unconscious side.

You need to develop it alone. If you have a dual present they will just take over that information.

From "Lectures on Jung's typology"

From "The problem of the Puer Aethernus"
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You need to check out what the Jungians say about this:

Development of suggestive ("inferior function") is possible, but it belongs to the second half of life, when you already have been going full stream ahead with the base function for decades. Then there seems to be a natural shift of focus towards the unconscious side.

You need to develop it alone. If you have a dual present they will just take over that information.

From "Lectures on Jung's typology"

From "The problem of the Puer Aethernus"
    I concur: I'm 53 and I can say for sure that my Si development is just starting, and consisting mostly of accidental discoveries which happen at the right moment, like I described in this thread:

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...perts-out-here
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I concur: I'm 53

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Functions should better develop when you accept a human with a compementing function deeper.
    Better IR -> easier to have better feelings -> more introjection of other personality and so better study.