Thread: Reasons To Love Delta

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Red face Reasons To Love Delta

Because we're stuck in the "boring" pigeonhole. Which, for a quadra, is completely unacceptable

So here we go. Why do you think is Delta awesome?

My list:

Quirky and concerned

- ability for open-minded settling of issues
    - support for talent
    - masterful development of spiritual thought
    - advanced understanding of people's traits and motivations
    - the realness TM
    - we have Rick Astley
    - stories and great imagination beyond boundaries
    - no need for drugs, is dope
    - discussion and novel revision of values
    - always taking relations into account
    - cuteness. Ne combined with Fi is the most adorable thing ever
    - peace and that good l.o.v.e.

Orgasmic and busy

- having a cozy sustainability
    - developed and measured how-to of daily life: living space, the body, sex, health, food, this is ecstasy
    - just do it attitude
    - refined aesthetics
    - harmony
    - Hobbits
    - we get it done
    - we know how stuff works
    - LEISURE
    - and productive effort
    - cuddles!!
    - everything can be made easier
    - less theoretical perfectionism, more implementing
    - making lifestyle art

End note: I encourage other quadra threads for this

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No need for drugs

High on life
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    No need for drugs

High on life
    Exactly

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sense of humour in Delta NFs can be off-putting for some reason.
    Last edited by Delilah; 02-26-2017 at 04:24 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    the sense of humour in Delta NFs can be off-putting for some reason.
    Here is some humor for you: how about saying something nice in a thread about nice things. Joke's on you, provocateur.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very well said. You have said so much with such ease, things I could never articulate.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by dot; 02-17-2020 at 12:50 PM.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so? @Delilah

Im fascinated by the differences in humor type across quadras.

Also, I surrounded daily by non Deltas who often miss or don't understand my humor, so I'm intrigued by your comment to help me understand. (Sorry for semi de-railing the topic)

Favorite things about Delta: I find little conflict among these types. There's a welcoming, peaceful, calm aura among them. The humor is not often crude, and the music is mellow with lyrical depth. (I'm biased)
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to know why Delta humor is off Putting, why everyone else is on Putting, and who the hell Putting is anyways, and why everyone else is on her.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People of delta Q are generally nice, reasonable, open-minded, and capable. The Delta ST's keep everything working, know how to fix anything, and have a great sense of humor + Never seem to take themselves too seriously (NASCAR may be an exception ) The NF's are probably the most accepting and loving folks on the planet. They have a sense of social justice which is simple and principled, and they always seem to appreciate a good cake. I always feel a sense of trust with Deltas, they are unique and have a laid back quality that is a joy to be around.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    People of delta Q are generally nice, reasonable, open-minded, and capable. The Delta ST's keep everything working, know how to fix anything, and have a great sense of humor + Never seem to take themselves too seriously (NASCAR may be an exception ) The NF's are probably the most accepting and loving folks on the planet. They have a sense of social justice which is simple and principled, and they always seem to appreciate a good cake. I always feel a sense of trust with Deltas, they are unique and have a laid back quality that is a joy to be around.
    C'mere, you!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me Delta is a destination what to me would also be a compliment but hesitated stating it and avoid having to explain what i mean.

Now, on the sense of humour, i wonder if it's just Ne, like even if they say 'yes' to something the EII and particularly IEE will make sure to take a jab at it as soon as they've 'yes'-ed it what can result in some sorts of humour. So it is off-putting because somehow the 'yes' becomes half a yes.

For me, I'm a traveller so at least, if not more, interested in the trip as well as in the destination, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Delilah; 03-01-2017 at 02:56 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    - we have Rick Astley
    Is it a reason? (it's been a while: about a year or so)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My sister, my uncle, and IEE friends are all the reasons I need.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Is it a reason? (it's been a while: about a year or so)
    Yeah of course, and check out his new meme-worthy song!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

making lifestyle art?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also busty angels in striped shirts and jackets

ok rick

nice song though
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're the only ones looking at all the options and who don't believe that limitations or excuses are valid for justifying how things are ; the notion of 'that's just how it is / has been' is invalid ; if things can be better they should be better

we most openly look at the balance between how to survive the winter and that things will not live through the cold season vs being prepared for the spring to come

deltas are outside of time in understanding the ultimate ideals and potential of things but focused enough on what has to happen (now) so we get there

deltas have a particular role or understanding (at their highest) about what needs to happen so things move forward and the next generation is prepared to be more fully actualized towards the ultimate potential of things

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    I didn't expect that one

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say despite all the Fi if you befriend a delta and stay on good terms with them you'll have a friend for life. Someone who will be there for you emotionally. Materials come and go but it's always nice to be able to reach out to someone half way around the world and tell them that something is bothering you and be assured that you have a friend who will listen and give you advice as well as say some things to comfort you. Once emotions have been released maybe you'll find a way to pick up and move forward. The IEE and EII will motivate you and encourage you while the LSEs and SLI will keep telling you that what you're doing is not going to work and keep behind you to change your ways especially the LSEs. The LSE will tell you what the laws are and guide your actions. The EII will make you tea and give you a comfortable meal while remaining a quiet person so you can talk and express yourself. The IEE may take you on an adventure and if you have the same hobbies you may find yourself learning a lot about them. SLI will join you as a companion on a sporting event lol.
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLI will join you as a companion on a sporting event lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But drugs...

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deltas always seem to invest themselves in the most fascinating hobbies. Feels like every Delta I meet is like a super skilled craftsman or weaves butterflies or whatever. So cool.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta STs are among the most reliable types. General lack of flackiness. Lack of drama. Put sincere effort into most things they do. Very sincere and very caring, protective, and accommodating. Sensitive to other people's needs. Good in bed. Regardless of my own type, I feel myself fortunate to be engaged to one.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Delta STs are among the most reliable types. General lack of flackiness. Lack of drama. Put sincere effort into most things they do. Very sincere and very caring, protective, and accommodating. Sensitive to other people's needs. Good in bed. Regardless of my own type, I feel myself fortunate to be engaged to one.
    LSE or SLI?
    -

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE or SLI?
    She's SLI. I immediately dismissed her as not my type, not speaking in the socionics sense, but things happened and, well, I've been pleasantly surprised how things have panned out.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    She's SLI. I immediately dismissed her as not my type, not speaking in the socionics sense, but things happened and, well, I've been pleasantly surprised how things have panned out.
    I'm so happy for you ^.^

Mozeltov
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another compelling argument. Props to Delta confectionists.

(Imagine the guilt of cutting these)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Another compelling argument.

(Imagine the guilt of cutting these)
    I usually do not have any interest in food pictures - but these are kind of awesome. More art than food. I especially like the cacti.