Thread: Help me determine type

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Describe what you were doing both inside and outside your head on the last walk that you went on.
    Outside of my head.. I'm just looking around at things, stores, people, the cars driving by. Observing the neighborhood and the culture behind it. I like to see how different areas are influenced by the locals and vice versa. I actually don't walk around much, in my free time, but when I do I just look at things. If I'm passing a store I just look at it and think oh ok, wonder if this place is any good. maybe they have good deals. I'll have to remember this is here so I can google it later and see the reviews in case I ever need whatever they sell here. Whether it's a book store, grocery, restaurant etc. Then I just keep looking around at things while I walk. Sometimes depending on mood I am analyzing things in my head that have absolutely nothing to do with what's around me. Just random anything. Whether it's thinking about a show I watched, or socionics, or someone I'm friends with and things we talked about or about how they acted last and what it could mean. Oh look a person is approaching. Then I think well how is he walking? Is he gonna be trouble for me? Is he going to try and engage me? Ugh I don't feel like talking to strangers today let me just look away while I pass and politely move over make my body language seem more compliant, and if he does try to be trouble I'll have to assert myself. Then they pass, I go back to looking around. Oh look cute girl, smile as I walk by, but won't engage as I'm in a relationship but I enjoy the reciprocity of the smile etc etc. Basically could be thinking about my surrounding or things that have happened or might happen.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Outside of my head.. I'm just looking around at things, stores, people, the cars driving by. Observing the neighborhood and the culture behind it. I like to see how different areas are influenced by the locals and vice versa. I actually don't walk around much, in my free time, but when I do I just look at things. If I'm passing a store I just look at it and think oh ok, wonder if this place is any good. maybe they have good deals. I'll have to remember this is here so I can google it later and see the reviews in case I ever need whatever they sell here. Whether it's a book store, grocery, restaurant etc. Then I just keep looking around at things while I walk. Sometimes depending on mood I am analyzing things in my head that have absolutely nothing to do with what's around me. Just random anything. Whether it's thinking about a show I watched, or socionics, or someone I'm friends with and things we talked about or about how they acted last and what it could mean. Oh look a person is approaching. Then I think well how is he walking? Is he gonna be trouble for me? Is he going to try and engage me? Ugh I don't feel like talking to strangers today let me just look away while I pass and politely move over make my body language seem more compliant, and if he does try to be trouble I'll have to assert myself. Then they pass, I go back to looking around. Oh look cute girl, smile as I walk by, but won't engage as I'm in a relationship but I enjoy the reciprocity of the smile etc etc. Basically could be thinking about my surrounding or things that have happened or might happen.
    Excellent. I’ll write up a difference between SLE and LSE and tell which you relate to
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So LSE and SLE are a lot alike. The difference between them is what they seek out in a dual. LSE seeks with Ne I can foresee which action are most promising business or relationship wise like long range scope and development along that long range. EII also schedules action by putting it on a calendar and reminding LSE about it in a very undemanding way which is done when something is reminded a few days or a week before so the person remembers and doesn’t rush. This stops LSE from procrastination. Also EII is independent enough where LSE engages in their own activities for a long time and doesn’t need to have stuff done constantly. When EII recognizes emotions it’s almost always to calm someone and give affection. When IEI recognizes emotions they have a wider arsenal of banter and verbal usage. IEI can joke, compliment, calm, soften attitude. I think EII can come off more confrontational because they don’t recognize emotions of others where IEI knows the right time to be of certain attitude to avoid confrontation.IEI is good at asserting loyalty while loyalty in relationships is a given for EII who chooses the relationship. IEI needs courage and endurance. EII needs independence. Ni in IEI foresees negative outcomes of actions “I can see bad things happening “ Fe watches people’s emotional reactions then suggests measures to influence people. EII doesn’t watch people’s moods, emotions unless it’s an individual who needs a friend to speak to in comfidwnce and help but this isn’t to influence anyone but to help. SLE people’ turn against him and he doesn’t know why, LSE explode people turn against him and he knows why because he can read their body language
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-26-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So LSE and SLE are a lot alike. The difference between them is what they seek out in a dual. LSE seeks with Ne I can foresee which action are most promising business or relationship wise like long range scope and development along that long range. EII also schedules action by putting it on a calendar and reminding LSE about it in a very undemanding way which is done when something is reminded a few days or a week before so the person remembers and doesn’t rush. This stops LSE from procrastination. Also EII is independent enough where LSE engages in their own activities for a long time and doesn’t need to have stuff done constantly. When EII recognizes emotions it’s almost always to calm someone and give affection. When IEI recognizes emotions they have a wider arsenal of banter and verbal usage. IEI can joke, compliment, calm, soften attitude. I think EII can come off more confrontational because they don’t recognize emotions of others where IEI knows the right time to be of certain attitude to avoid confrontation.IEI is good at asserting loyalty while loyalty in relationships is a given for EII who chooses the relationship. IEI needs courage and endurance. EII needs independence. Ni in IEI foresees negative outcomes of actions “I can see bad things happening “ Fe watches people’s emotional reactions then suggests measures to influence people. EII doesn’t watch people’s moods, emotions unless it’s an individual who needs a friend to speak to in comfidwnce and help but this isn’t to influence anyone but to help. SLE people’ turn against him and he doesn’t know why, LSE explode people turn against him and he knows why because he can read their body language

Thank you for your reply, wow in that description I definitely think I'm LSE. In fact if I'm understanding who SLEs are correctly these people annoy the living shit out of me and usually just avoid me on their end as well. I definitely know when I turn people away, even if I realize it after. Usually it's from being too forceful or argumentative or a bit of a bully to them(by teasing too much, thinking I'm being funny but actually hurting the person's feelings. getting better at this now, keep a good balance in the jokes), then sometimes I feel bad after.

So SLEs can't read body language at all? Cause I'm very good at it. I point things out to my co workers about the people around us from body language that they don't even realize sometimes. Of course this isn't natural I've ready many books and articles on it when I was younger due to an interest in understanding the people around me better .
    '

could you possibly write out what an ESFP looks for in a partner as well? Just because everyone here was pretty sure I'm Se lead. I could just have a very strong Te. Although LSE is making a lot of sense. Especially since I suspected SLI for myself as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you for your reply, wow in that description I definitely think I'm LSE. In fact if I'm understanding who SLEs are correctly these people annoy the living shit out of me and usually just avoid me on their end as well. I definitely know when I turn people away, even if I realize it after. Usually it's from being too forceful or argumentative or a bit of a bully to them(by teasing too much, thinking I'm being funny but actually hurting the person's feelings. getting better at this now, keep a good balance in the jokes), then sometimes I feel bad after.

So SLEs can't read body language at all? Cause I'm very good at it. I point things out to my co workers about the people around us from body language that they don't even realize sometimes. Of course this isn't natural I've ready many books and articles on it when I was younger due to an interest in understanding the people around me better .
    '

could you possibly write out what an ESFP looks for in a partner as well? Just because everyone here was pretty sure I'm Se lead. I could just have a very strong Te. Although LSE is making a lot of sense. Especially since I suspected SLI for myself as well.
    From the way you speak you come across LSE too like working towards a balance which is kind of Si , the scales harmony.

Also with IEI Ni they look for the right time to act. ESTj are very interesting in this regard which attracts conflict relationships because they can look at the housing market for example and say “it’s not the right time to buy “ - from logic which gives them clues or evidence that the market is inflated and prices are about to go down. As in they look at the prices 5 years ago and what the houses in the area sold for etc. This ties LSE N to more Ne not Ni But Ni is more connected with Se immediate action.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-27-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t know how much body language SLE can read aside from very obvious things regarding whether someone is cheered and excited or not. They can read that for sure. But the thing with LSE is to maintain the relationship that they’ve had long lasting so if they realize they were harsh they feel bad and rush to the person to apologize or ask if they are hurt
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One more addition IEI can be procrastinators. Sometimes LSE will ask them to grocery shop and they are not frugal so they’ll buy as they see which upsets LSE who like being economical so the LSE doesn’t want the IEI to ship anymore.

Here’s a story from an IEI friend “As for procrastinating that is typically me; he has historically stepped up in that area. Less now as I am home. But for example, he stopped letting me grocery shop after I tried and was not consistent/buying sale items! I loathe grocery store, he loves it. We have always been flip flopped in terms of traditional roles. I relate better to business people which is men usually, he rather talk small talk that most women (but I do not)”

So how would that affect you?

Also, EII are the opposite of IEI in the shopping department
    -

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'

SLEs are incredibly good at reading body language.

I have no idea what nonsense is going on here. But that is why I stay away from this site for long periods of time. The utter bullshit of it. Post after post of bullshit.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post

I have no idea what nonsense is going on here. But that is why I stay away from this site for long periods of time. The utter bullshit of it. Post after post of bullshit.
    Idk I dated both LSE and SLEand I find that LSE are harsh but rush to save the relationship. SLE are not as harsh but also ignore my feelings when I get down, which is exactly what happened to me on my trip to London. My SLE friend hurt my feelings by asking me to retrace every step I took to get back to the house late and when I felt hurt that she asked I went into my room and shut out not speaking to her she didn’t do or say a damn thing. All day. And on top of that this is a 5-7 year friendship that she just doesn’t care about with one action which is me getting back late. I know my other LSE friends would have called and worried would have screamed at me for not picking up the phone and would have forgiven me and resumed the relationship. She doesn’t call doesn’t send an email a text
    -

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love to work out. First thing I did today was grab a coffee and hit the gym after getting out of bed. I follow a strict diet in order to maximize my fat loss while mainitng muscle at the moment and in a few months will switch to bulking. I have no issue switching my diet and what I eat in honor of my workout goal. My manager laughs at how I can eat the same thing everyday for lunch ( 2 ham wraps with lettuce no cheese or dressing) because of how committed I am to the results. I love 2 eat, love a nice big expensive meal, but I can easily suck this up in order to pursue my goal. Which is to get stronger, better looking, better shape and feel better about myself. I like to make people feel my presnece...I'm very good at seeing right through people and people fronting like their tough guys in order to scare/intimidate the ones who are weak drives me insane. I love nothing more than getting right near the prick and letting them feel my presence. I usually don't even have to look at them or say anything. They just see me and feel me and straighten up towards everyone.
    All this is not necessarily SLE. Could be Delta ST as well.

After reading the previous posts I can't really see SLE or Se ego. You seem Si/Ne valuer, probably LSE because you mentioned that you find yourself in leading positions.

Maybe LSE-Si, because the creative subtype often behaves more like their mirror type and so the reason you related to SLI.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk I dated both LSE and SLEand I find that LSE are harsh but rush to save the relationship. SLE are not as harsh but also ignore my feelings when I get down, which is exactly what happened to me on my trip to London. My SLE friend hurt my feelings by asking me to retrace every step I took to get back to the house late and when I felt hurt that she asked I went into my room and shut out not speaking to her she didn’t do or say a damn thing. All day. And on top of that this is a 5-7 year friendship that she just doesn’t care about with one action which is me getting back late. I know my other LSE friends would have called and worried would have screamed at me for not picking up the phone and would have forgiven me and resumed the relationship. She doesn’t call doesn’t send an email a text
    Problematically, if you were a different type of person this thing you're describing would never have happened, so it isn't an index to what SLEs are like. It is more like an index to what you are like. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, because I see from how you responded to me that you are not actually trying to be unpleasant and one-sided here. But what you're presenting doesn't sound much like the general character of SLE, and I can only conclude it is some breakdown between you and an SLE. I don't understand how someone would be expected to get help with typing based on something so tilted toward your personal experience.

Yes, all this stuff is shifted by our own own experiences. I grant that. But ... not necessarily this much.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Problematically, if you were a different type of person this thing you're describing would never have happened, so it isn't an index to what SLEs are like. It is more like an index to what you are like. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, because I see from how you responded to me that you are not actually trying to be unpleasant and one-sided here. But what you're presenting doesn't sound much like the general character of SLE, and I can only conclude it is some breakdown between you and an SLE. I don't understand how someone would be expected to get help with typing based on something so tilted toward your personal experience.

Yes, all this stuff is shifted by our own own experiences. I grant that. But ... not necessarily this much.
    Yes I am being very subjective but this isn’t the first time this has happened with an SLE
    -

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am being very subjective but this isn’t the first time this has happened with an SLE
    Understood, but if I were to attempt to help people type themselves Delta ST or not based only on my misunderstandings with those types, that would be very limited, wouldn't it. So although this is a real experience you've head, my question is what more can be brought to bear to assist someone?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Understood, but if I were to attempt to help people type themselves Delta ST or not based only on my misunderstandings with those types, that would be very limited, wouldn't it. So although this is a real experience you've head, my question is what more can be brought to bear to assist someone?
    Hum well I read this guys responses and they mostly seem Te -I observe my surroundings, I take in practical information in the form of affordability, I don’t walk much which knocks down Se to me, he can be he/she ruminates over negative situations and have weaker will power. All spells out Se devalued to me
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One more thing. SLE often have a very hard time admitting their weakness “For Zhukov awareness of any sort of flaws in his defenses, of any kind of "holes" in his armor, is painful and unpleasant. Improving the strength of his "armor" is one of his primary concerns. Examine the flaws of the enemy (enemy, opponent, or a friend who may turn into an enemy) - this is half the battle: then it becomes clear where to direct the blows.”
    -

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more addition IEI can be procrastinators. Sometimes LSE will ask them to grocery shop and they are not frugal so they’ll buy as they see which upsets LSE who like being economical so the LSE doesn’t want the IEI to ship anymore.

Here’s a story from an IEI friend “As for procrastinating that is typically me; he has historically stepped up in that area. Less now as I am home. But for example, he stopped letting me grocery shop after I tried and was not consistent/buying sale items! I loathe grocery store, he loves it. We have always been flip flopped in terms of traditional roles. I relate better to business people which is men usually, he rather talk small talk that most women (but I do not)”

So how would that affect you?

Also, EII are the opposite of IEI in the shopping department
    Well I usually do the shopping because my gf is terrible at it. She takes forever to do it and ends up looking at everything and trying to figure out any extra stuff we need. I wouldn't say she blows money on stupid stuff, but she will definitely leave with more stuff than me. I kinda just know what we need, go in there look for it and get out. Maybe I'll grab another thing or two. I'm not all that frugal though. I can be, but I end up buying foods and steaks that are somewhat over my budget to cook or when I go out to eat my own self. The majority of my money goes to food, when it's not going to bills lol.

I'm not stating it as fact, I was just wondering if that's true by re asking it. I still think I relate more to SLE or even SEE with a strong HA, hence why I was confused about the body language bit. Since I am very good at reading it. I can't imagine an SLE being bad either though since they lead with SE.. Isn't that about using your 5 senses to gather info ? Just as sight to body language . I never said it's fact that SLEs cant read body language.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    All this is not necessarily SLE. Could be Delta ST as well.

After reading the previous posts I can't really see SLE or Se ego. You seem Si/Ne valuer, probably LSE because you mentioned that you find yourself in leading positions.

Maybe LSE-Si, because the creative subtype often behaves more like their mirror type and so the reason you related to SLI.
    Perhaps.. I just really don't see myself being LSE. I'm lazy. I read once a description of Te to my coworkers as lead function and they literally laughed at the idea of me being serious or productive. I think a lot of rules and procedures at my job are stupid as fuck. I'm always making shortcuts that are just within the rules enough that has my coworker frustrated a lot because he says "the policy is this so we need to do it like so" and I'm like yeah but if we do it like this, its quicker, don't have to flow the stupid rule and we still get it done in the same way. First example that comes to mind is we have to stamp each strap of money with the date that the strap is created. However policy states as long as it's within 30 days of the stamp date, it doesn't need to be put in a new money strap and re-stamped. (I work in a bank) So I just stamp all my straps with the same date.. If I have it set to March 28th on the stamp I will stamp it that way until like April 14th then finally change it. It's stupid to change it everyday to me and I always get ink on my hands. Plus we both think a lot of the rules are stupid, including this one. So I tell him why I do it and he responds I agree it's stupid but the rule says this so it doesn't matter just change the date, and I say no so he comes and does it for me sometimes lol. I suspect him of being LSE actually.

From the way you speak you come across LSE too like working towards a balance which is kind of Si , the scales harmony.

Also with IEI Ni they look for the right time to act. ESTj are very interesting in this regard which attracts conflict relationships because they can look at the housing market for example and say “it’s not the right time to buy “ - from logic which gives them clues or evidence that the market is inflated and prices are about to go down. As in they look at the prices 5 years ago and what the houses in the area sold for etc. This ties LSE N to more Ne not Ni But Ni is more connected with Se immediate action.
    I look for a balance in the humor because I have hurt lots of people in my past when joking around with them. I've pushed friends away from not realizing I was being "too much" .. So now I try to tone it down. I still act too much sometimes.

To add to why I think I'm Se lead... I can feel peoples volitional pressure. I can literally feel in my gut the people that radiate a lot of presence. Just like I radiate a lot and intimidate people as well. I thoroughly enjoy feeling pumped up and have been told I am coming off way more aggressive than the situation calls for many times. At work, I have built a really close relationship with my boss and work with a give and take leverage relationship with him. He helps me get sales, because he knows I hate sales but am good at it and lets me slack off and in turn I offer him political advice with his superiors and other managers in the company. I also influence him into how to deal with our branch and employees. I have his ear and use it to my complete advantage. Most jobs I've had I always tried to find a manager I can influence into pushing my agendas.. However my agendas are usually what I think is best for the team, and sometimes just me. A lot of this is subconscious to me.. I just naturally flow into influencing people and situations in a professional environment, like it's not really conscious for me. I can feel when something is bothering him so I go talk to him about it trying to uphold our relationship and maintain my influence and other time he flat out asks me what I think he should do. Many customers at my job thought I was the manager, not my boss.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum well I read this guys responses and they mostly seem Te -I observe my surroundings, I take in practical information in the form of affordability, I don’t walk much which knocks down Se to me, he can be he/she ruminates over negative situations and have weaker will power. All spells out Se devalued to me
    I constantly am observing or analyzing.. However I do walk a lot. What I mean is I don't walk much in my free time. I work a full time job 8 hours a day 5 days a week. And in that 8 hours I'm on my feet most the day along with going to the gym 4-5 days a week, so when I do have free time. I like to spend it watching something or playing a video game or going out to eat. I enjoy to walk around if it's somewhere new. Going for a stroll in my neighborhood seems boring to me, but just this past weekend I went to the Brooklyn Bridge and the parks around it for the first time ever and we literally spent like 3 or 4 hours walking around enjoying the views and people watching.

Even when I'm relaxing at home I can't sit still for long. I usually get up and stretch or just walk around the house or go grab a snack here and there. It's very difficult for me to just sit and do nothing, or just sit and space out at the tv, I usually need more stimulation than that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well I usually do the shopping because my gf is terrible at it. She takes forever to do it and ends up looking at everything and trying to figure out any extra stuff we need. I wouldn't say she blows money on stupid stuff, but she will definitely leave with more stuff than me. I kinda just know what we need, go in there look for it and get out. Maybe I'll grab another thing or two. I'm not all that frugal though. I can be, but I end up buying foods and steaks that are somewhat over my budget to cook or when I go out to eat my own self. The majority of my money goes to food, when it's not going to bills lol.

I'm not stating it as fact, I was just wondering if that's true by re asking it. I still think I relate more to SLE or even SEE with a strong HA, hence why I was confused about the body language bit. Since I am very good at reading it. I can't imagine an SLE being bad either though since they lead with SE.. Isn't that about using your 5 senses to gather info ? Just as sight to body language . I never said it's fact that SLEs cant read body language.

Perhaps.. I just really don't see myself being LSE. I'm lazy. I read once a description of Te to my coworkers as lead function and they literally laughed at the idea of me being serious or productive. I think a lot of rules and procedures at my job are stupid as fuck. I'm always making shortcuts that are just within the rules enough that has my coworker frustrated a lot because he says "the policy is this so we need to do it like so" and I'm like yeah but if we do it like this, its quicker, don't have to flow the stupid rule and we still get it done in the same way. First example that comes to mind is we have to stamp each strap of money with the date that the strap is created. However policy states as long as it's within 30 days of the stamp date, it doesn't need to be put in a new money strap and re-stamped. (I work in a bank) So I just stamp all my straps with the same date.. If I have it set to March 28th on the stamp I will stamp it that way until like April 14th then finally change it. It's stupid to change it everyday to me and I always get ink on my hands. Plus we both think a lot of the rules are stupid, including this one. So I tell him why I do it and he responds I agree it's stupid but the rule says this so it doesn't matter just change the date, and I say no so he comes and does it for me sometimes lol. I suspect him of being LSE actually.

I look for a balance in the humor because I have hurt lots of people in my past when joking around with them. I've pushed friends away from not realizing I was being "too much" .. So now I try to tone it down. I still act too much sometimes.

To add to why I think I'm Se lead... I can feel peoples volitional pressure. I can literally feel in my gut the people that radiate a lot of presence. Just like I radiate a lot and intimidate people as well. I thoroughly enjoy feeling pumped up and have been told I am coming off way more aggressive than the situation calls for many times. At work, I have built a really close relationship with my boss and work with a give and take leverage relationship with him. He helps me get sales, because he knows I hate sales but am good at it and lets me slack off and in turn I offer him political advice with his superiors and other managers in the company. I also influence him into how to deal with our branch and employees. I have his ear and use it to my complete advantage. Most jobs I've had I always tried to find a manager I can influence into pushing my agendas.. However my agendas are usually what I think is best for the team, and sometimes just me. A lot of this is subconscious to me.. I just naturally flow into influencing people and situations in a professional environment, like it's not really conscious for me. I can feel when something is bothering him so I go talk to him about it trying to uphold our relationship and maintain my influence and other time he flat out asks me what I think he should do. Many customers at my job thought I was the manager, not my boss.
    Well you speak a lot about your weaknesses so think about that
    -

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing. SLE often have a very hard time admitting their weakness “For Zhukov awareness of any sort of flaws in his defenses, of any kind of "holes" in his armor, is painful and unpleasant. Improving the strength of his "armor" is one of his primary concerns. Examine the flaws of the enemy (enemy, opponent, or a friend who may turn into an enemy) - this is half the battle: then it becomes clear where to direct the blows.”
    I use to be like this actually. I use to basically think I'm flawless (not entirely, but I would get anxious from even thinking about my insecurities and weaknesses) and thought almost anything I did was justified. As I got older I realized I have a lot of rage and insecurities due to my past and when people triggered me into it I looked at it as an excuse to attack them, which I know view as a weakness as well, my need to assert my superiority through wrath but only in retaliation. I would argue over stupid shit, even while driving with other drivers in order to feel like I "won" the interaction. Now that I'm maturing I still struggle with this need to satisfy my ego but at least I recognize how foolish and insecure it is and am working on the motivations and triggers of this behavior. However I realized at one point my retaliations are so strong in response to the perceived injustice or hurt that I experienced that I'm actually the one on the attack now. I'm getting much better at not being like this. I'm good at seeing my own weaknesses because I'm really good at spotting other peoples as well. I use to have a lot of difficulties admitting any in myself, while being good at seeing others. In fact spotting others' weaknesses was a way to distract from my own. Now I am more open and honest with myself and my girlfriend about my weaknesses, I'm also writing about them here because I think what better way for someone to know how I think. Telling my weaknesses here to strangers will surely help them understand what my socionics type is. This isn't something I openly speak about often in person.

It feels really liberating to admit my weaknesses to myself and work on bettering them silently. I don't walk around broadcasting this.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I use to be like this actually. I use to basically think I'm flawless (not entirely, but I would get anxious from even thinking about my insecurities and weaknesses) and thought almost anything I did was justified. As I got older I realized I have a lot of rage and insecurities due to my past and when people triggered me into it I looked at it as an excuse to attack them, which I know view as a weakness as well, my need to assert my superiority through wrath but only in retaliation. I would argue over stupid shit, even while driving with other drivers in order to feel like I "won" the interaction. Now that I'm maturing I still struggle with this need to satisfy my ego but at least I recognize how foolish and insecure it is and am working on the motivations and triggers of this behavior. However I realized at one point my retaliations are so strong in response to the perceived injustice or hurt that I experienced that I'm actually the one on the attack now. I'm getting much better at not being like this. I'm good at seeing my own weaknesses because I'm really good at spotting other peoples as well. I use to have a lot of difficulties admitting any in myself, while being good at seeing others. In fact spotting others' weaknesses was a way to distract from my own. Now I am more open and honest with myself and my girlfriend about my weaknesses, I'm also writing about them here because I think what better way for someone to know how I think. Telling my weaknesses here to strangers will surely help them understand what my socionics type is. This isn't something I openly speak about often in person.

It feels really liberating to admit my weaknesses to myself and work on bettering them silently. I don't walk around broadcasting this.
    You’ve done some incredible self discovery. With that you could very well be Estp
    -

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’ve done some incredible self discovery. With that you could very well be Estp
    Thank you, it has been a long journey for me to get to where I'm at.. I still think I could be SEE-Fi though, I was looking at some more VI galleries and it seems to give me the same vibe I feel I radiate lol. I could be wrong.. I do say "I feel like " or "this feels like" often. is that common for SLE? What would be a way to differentiate SLE or SEE? Se lead seems to fit the bill for sure, I just am conflicted on what I back it with. Perhaps I view myself as logical because of the societal pressure on men to be logical.

Or I am just a really Fe ESTp, also possible lol. Either way, what are some sure fire ways to differentiate them ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you, it has been a long journey for me to get to where I'm at.. I still think I could be SEE-Fi though, I was looking at some more VI galleries and it seems to give me the same vibe I feel I radiate lol. I could be wrong.. I do say "I feel like " or "this feels like" often. is that common for SLE? What would be a way to differentiate SLE or SEE? Se lead seems to fit the bill for sure, I just am conflicted on what I back it with. Perhaps I view myself as logical because of the societal pressure on men to be logical.

Or I am just a really Fe ESTp, also possible lol. Either way, what are some sure fire ways to differentiate them ?
    No you are LSE. An SLE wouldn't admit to their weaknesses. They ARE alpha types a group. It's all about the aggressors and who look the strong part.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"Two Base Functions: Te and Se by Rasputin
    Te - Extravert Thinker; Judging function
    Se - Extravert Sensing; Perceiving function

Extraverted logic (Te)......external dynamics of objects: focus on activity of objects (location, time, speed, etc.), what we refer to as objective parameters, leading to patterns that we call algorithms and methods. Objective parameters are like variables in an equation that form an active system occupied with variables whose values are real people and objects.

Extraverted sensing (Se)......external statics of objects: (share, texture, impact, force, etc.), what we refer to as properties of an object or objective traits, leading to action toward objects via mobilization or arrangement, manipulation of force to achieve desired results.

Se is less introspective than Te because it focuses more on taking immediate action before thinking first due to it's orientation to apprehend external statics of objects, it's as though there is a compulsion to enact the external dynamics of objects once their statics are apprehended. Te apprehends external dynamics of objects, already seeing how force is shared between objects as a system and seeking to implement statics of objects through proper analysis and organization into a system.

This makes the Te more introspective function and the Se more active, spontaneous function. Te is still concerned with action, but planned action, action coordinated with the system, hence the notion of proper action, the proper way to do things, and concern with how things are arranged...all of which can be seen to derive from principle, the implementation of principles."
    -

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be, but what I doubt is my Socionics type, not enneagram. I don't really relate to 7s. I relate a lot to 8s motivations and levels of health. I'm always worried someone might harm me, the 8's basic fear. I had to be strong around my own parents or they would push me around and guilt trip me to do stuff. The reason I doubt my socionics type is because I read a lot of stereotypes about ESTp's and it really didn't seem like me. They seem like snake oil sales people or brutes. While I can fight and do possess sales skills, I hate sales and think selling people on dishonest things is horrible. I also try to avoid fights due legal and social consequences. I would only sell people on stuff I myself believe in and if I think they really need it. I can easily see myself being any Se valuing extrovert hence why I was confused, even LSE seems viable to me. I really do see a lot of myself in Tony Soprano, with a lot less Narcissism and Sociopathy of course (he is fictional after all) and he seems like a clear cut 8w7 but people here are conflicted between LSE and SLE as well.
    If you don't mind me posting in this old type thread, I read most of your thread, and this (among other, similar things) really stands out to me. I mean I relate alot to your kinda conscientious stuff, that sortof stuff is exactly what tames "Se stuff"* for me too, what made you go with a xxxp type instead of xxxj eventually?

ps. Also I relate to how you don't necessarily start from Se like you kinda learnt some of it over time after you found you needed it after no longer being a kid etc. Like I mean you kinda started from being withdrawn more before getting more active in dealing with some stuff about people.

*: impulsivity & lack of consideration of consequences (legal and social consequences) & lack of followthrough, aggression (being a "brute"), excessive materialism (salespeople thing), strong narcissism and the like
    Last edited by grumpyvic81; 04-06-2020 at 05:56 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shall answer you in pm vic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12