Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Type me

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Type me

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is anything that resonates with you emotionally, while love is cherishing someone to the point of obsession.

2. What are your most important values?

I value tactfulness, self-awareness, creativity, and taste.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I guess I'm agnostic by virtue of the fact that I don't have an opinion on the subject...

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I think war should be avoided unless there's a direct threat to national security.

Power is the ability to control others, something that I don't really see any value in...

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I can have long conversations about anything, really. I feel like the connection that you share with the person is more important than whatever you could possibly talk about; the latter is simply a means to an end.

My main interests are photography and cinema; photography because i find it calming, and it allows me to capture the moments and landscapes that inspire me; cinema because its easy for me to appreciate the subtle changes of emotion that are inherent to it...it's almost like an encapsulation of all that I find beautiful...even the most boring and uneventful of films. There's something about viewing reality through the lens of a camera that makes it that much more alluring..

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

While I'm interested in my body and physical comfort, I don't really consider it to be worth bringing up in a conversation.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I occasionally find doing chores relaxing...just being able to tune out, listen to music and do whatever repetitive task it is I have to do...Although I'm usually pretty lazy about getting them down.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged, and while Ayn Rand's agenda is obvious, I think it's an interesting read (although by no means do I consider myself literate). As far as films go, some of my favorites include:

Persona (Ingmar Bergman)
    Stalker (Andrei Tarkovsky)
    La Collectionneuse (Eric Rohmer)
    The 400 Blows (Francois Truffaut)
    The Virgin Spring (Ingmar Bergman)
    Scenes from a Marriage (Ingmar Bergman)

I usually prefer films that are well-shot/aesthetically pleasing, emotionally resonant, and at times, intellectually stimulating....although the latter can feel pretty impersonal if it isn't balanced out by the other two factors.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

The last time I can remember feeling a bit teary-eyed was when I listened to this song by Sybille Baier for the first time...

I found her voice incredibly soothing..

I usually smile when I experience something pleasant, or more specifically, when I'm completely immersed in something I love (Photography, Nature, playing guitar, or watching a great film)..

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

I usually experience this when I'm able to immerse myself in a craft; usually when I'm either shooting pictures on my DSLR camera, or playing guitar...or when I come accross something in my environment that's aesthetically pleasing...or when I'm listening to a great song.

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I dislike the fact that I can be really hard on myself...

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Can't really say....I don't really think about it very often. When I'm feel confident in myself, I guess I can appreciate my sense of aesthetics.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Nothing really comes to mind...I'd rather sort it out my problems on my own.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I usually get into a rut when I either feel worthless, or when I lose interest in my hobbies; the latter can be pretty painful for me since there are few things I really care for outside of photography, film and music. Usually, I react by wallowing in self-pity or engaging in mildly destructive behavior like overeating.

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I usually like people who are friendly and receptive, while brash, or overly aggressive people can often make me feel uncomfortable. I don't consider myself to be very judgmental though..I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to the type of people I'm willing to interact with; if the person initiating conversation with me is friendly in their approach, it isn't hard for me to find some sort of commonality between us on a basic human level (unconsciously, I don't really force it or push the issue), no matter how dissonant our personalities or interests may seem. In fact, sometimes, the more different from me the better, since it allows me to feel as if I have something of value to contribute...

As far as specific types go..I think I'm friends with an ESE, an EII, and an SEI. I think my best friend throughout highschool was also an ESE.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I find it magical...

I picture myself being with a woman who's confident, ambitious, understanding, intelligent and willing to take initiative when needed.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Making sure that he/she feels loved/valued...

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

It would depend on the severity of the clash...but even then, I'm more likely to withdraw from the situation than to directly confront the person about what he said. I don't really feel like I have a right to infringe on another person's belief, no matter how offensive I might find it...I'm also not very confrontational.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I don't really have any strong, overarching opinions about society as a whole...I just go along my merry way. There are a few things that put me off, but I'm usually able to just tune them out and hope for the best..

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I never really choose my friends...the relationships just sort of..pop up out of nowhere. Someone just sticks. The conversations are usually made up of light-hearted, playful banter; nothing too serious or personal.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

I usually try not to attract too much attention, but when someone approaches me, I try to be receptive towards their initiative, however draining it may be for me...I don't like the idea of being seen as arrogant or standoffish.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-17-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

welcome to the forums...

I'm not in the business of typing people but I hate to see a thread from a new user that's not getting replied to, and is difficult to pass comment on one of your fave films being Stalker, which is a marvellous film!

I get the impression that you are a XEI...possibly IEI...and that's about all I can say!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Laughing View Post
    welcome to the forums...

I'm not in the business of typing people but I hate to see a thread from a new user that's not getting replied to, and is difficult to pass comment on one of your fave films being Stalker, which is a marvellous film!

I get the impression that you are a XEI...possibly IEI...and that's about all I can say!
    Thanks. SEI and IEI are two of the types that I relate to the most..

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI works I guess.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEI
    nice film collection btw ... though my fav by Tarkovsky is The Sacrifice.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

Welcome!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is that really happening? The crying while listening to music?

I always though people try to fool me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post

Lol..it's never happened to me before that. I wasn't really sobbing either.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

It happens. In fact it's happening right now.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, they weren't lying. It happens to me too. At such times my eyes just tend to water, but sometimes I shed some tears too. I used to think it happens to everyone - up until I realised it does not. Oh well... Sometimes music just feels like it's pulling on my heart strings...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Nah, they weren't lying. It happens to me too. At such times my eyes just tend to water, but sometimes I shed some tears too. I used to think it happens to everyone - up until I realised it does not. Oh well... Sometimes music just feels like it's pulling on my heart strings...
    Mine do water when I am yawning.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine do water when I am yawning.
    Haha yeah I bet it's an emotionally charged moment :-P

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It happens. In fact it's happening right now.
    No woman, no cry...

Haha yeah I bet it's an emotionally charged moment :-P
    Hehe. Sure it is. The aim of yawning is stress discharge. Helps to relax.

That said, every single part of your body performs some kind of action. Deus ex machina.
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-20-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do Fe-ego types necessarily have to be engaging or overtly-social? While I can contribute to the general emotional atmosphere of a group in little ways by smiling or laughing along with everyone, I'm usually content with just lurking in the background, soaking up the atmosphere, so-to-speak. I also don't seem to mesh will with Betas (who also value Fe) and their in-out group dynamic, and can feel pretty hurt when I'm made a target of one of their blunt commentaries (although I usually enjoy most of their humor)...

The alpha groups I've been in, on the other hand, seemed pretty nice.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-20-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead I act exactly the same irl regarding general group dynamics. It takes years for me to open up to people. I enjoy the group in the same way you describe, am more open in one-on-one but still it's usually other people that tend to confide in me, not the other way round. Only a few people I've known for a long time and trust get to see me as openly expressing myself as I for some reason tend to get online...
    Having said that I know extroverted Fe egos who seem to open much much quicker. So maybe this is more dependent on whether Fe is leading or creative...
    Regarding Betas, ime it depends on the proportion in the group. If there are similar numbers of both Betas and Alphas in the group it seems to flow quite nicely. One Alpha in a Beta group or the other way round seemed to make the situation more prone to quite pointless misunderstandings...
    Last edited by aisa; 02-21-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whereabouts Europe are you, @Suedehead?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whereabouts Europe are you, @Suedehead?
    I'm actually from New York, lol.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    I'm actually from New York, lol.
    Ahh well. Your username is misleading.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ha, this seems to describe my dynamic with Betas:

Alphas tend to regard Beta types as "cool" and "fun," but also as bossy and sometimes coarse. In social situations, Alphas often resign the lead to Betas because Betas generally exert a 'vibe' of control over such situations. When positive emotions are expressed between members of these quadras, they get along quite well; however, Betas' negative emotions are often perceived by Alphas as tiresome. Alphas often joke light-heartedly in attempt to improve Betas' moods, or to gently ridicule them.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

No woman, no cry...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is one of many ways to check what Quadra socionics wise you are if any one has some kind of doubts in the first place and gives a toss, @Suedehead. Both Quadras share the same two magikal elements.

So in a way the pairing of other, not sharing anything, Quadras is just a way of saying: 'I "killed" Socionics.'

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Suedehead I act exactly the same irl regarding general group dynamics. It takes years for me to open up to people. I enjoy the group in the same way you describe, am more open in one-on-one but still it's usually other people that tend to confide in me, not the other way round. Only a few people I've known for a long time and trust get to see me as openly expressing myself as I for some reason tend to get online...
    Having said that I know extroverted Fe egos who seem to open much much quicker. So maybe this is more dependent on whether Fe is leading or creative...
    Regarding Betas, ime it depends on the proportion in the group. If there are similar numbers of both Betas and Alphas in the group it seems to flow quite nicely. One Alpha in a Beta group or the other way round seemed to make the situation more prone to quite pointless misunderstandings...
    Interesting. Do you think it's possible for an SEI to be a bit self-absorbed? While I don't show it to others, I have somewhat of an subtle elitist streak that I tend to keep to myself (especially in regards to my tastes and preferences, although I don't like the idea of imposing them on others..at all. I usually state my preferences casually if asked without seeming haughty.)...whereas SEI's seem to be described as relatively modest/self-forgetting, which I can relate to as a surface trait, but doesn't necessarily always describe my internal experience. I relate to enneagram 4/3w4 quite a bit...
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-21-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Do you think it's possible for an SEI to be a bit self-absorbed? While I don't show it to others, I have somewhat of an subtle elitist streak that I tend to keep to myself (especially in regards to my tastes and preferences, although I don't like the idea of imposing them on others..at all. I usually state my preferences casually if asked without seeming haughty.)...whereas SEI's seem to be described as relatively modest/self-forgetting, which I can relate to as a surface trait, but doesn't necessarily always describe my internal experience. I relate to enneagram 4/3w4 quite a bit...
    of course (and now an "essay" ensues... I'm sorry, I have trouble being brief in writing.) I find the stereotypical SEI descriptions to be very superficial. Probably they weren't written or read by SEIs before throwing them out to the world to read (or maybe they were and the SEIs reading them figured it's better for the world to think they're sweet and simple to the core, lol)
    my LSI best friend recently told me (while laughing really hard) that I'm "delightfully cruel", cause I have this sort of sarcastic sometimes dry sense of humour (that I reveal only in front of the people who know me really well and know that I am joking). Strangers won't see this side of me, cause I'm not risking untintentionally hurting their feelings.
    I can get stuck in my head sometimes too in a similar way to what you described, but it happens much less in adult life than it did in say early teenage years. As time goes by I adopt the "to each their own" approach more and more. I'd say the SEI descriptions are ok on a superficial level and Enneagram seems more in line with internal experience. I think SEIs do their best to try and act in a manner not evoking conflict and thus even when we have strong opinions that we gave quite of bit of thought - people tend not to notice or hear them. I got used to people assuming I'm a calm good-looking girl that's soft and that's about it. And then time goes by and those that stick around at some point get let in to what I think, what my opinions are and seem surprised, lol. I noticed this a lot with my SO's friends. It was almost palpable that they thought "oh, he got himself a silly 'cutie'" and then years went by, they got to know me better, found out I have sth to say (and the fact that I'm not "in their face" with my opinions doesn't mean I don't have them) and realised he fell in love with me and not just my exterior.
    Sounds familiar?

below is my blabber about my self-typing, read or disregard (you were warned )
    tbh it took me a moment to realise I'm SEI because of that (most tests say I'm an intuitive [IEI, EII, LII what-have-you really], but only after one pointing at functionwise highest Si things became clearer). I'm still not 100% certain tbh, but I identify with Alpha most, am irl quite strongly introverted (although much less online) and am not an LII, which leaves SEI ftw.

I relate to Enneagram 2w1 and 4w5 most, but am leaning more towards 2w1 cause it describes pretty well how I go towards healthy 4 when I'm feeling good, and to an unhealthy 8 when things go downhill Being raised by an ILI E1 mother an ESI E8w7 father probably also has sth to do with me not feeling the SEI descriptions cover things fully (but still are the ones I identify with the most).

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default VI Type Me

This is from a while back..

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump..
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-24-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still type you SEI due to the previous threads and the photo doesn't seem to contradict this.
    But if I were to go strictly by looks, I guess from one photo I could only say either Alpha or Beta, but that's more of a "hunch".

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You look different without that cigar.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i want to respond since you're lacking replies but all i can say is that the photo doesn't make me think not SEI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI Si...just like my nephew. LOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE Si

Sorry.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@aisa

Is it atypical for a Fe-ego to feel bad for people who are 'shunned' or written off as burdensome because of their emotional baggage, or inability to reciprocate in social situations? While my focus in an actual group-setting is primarily on Fe, there is a part of me that acknowledges the depth of human emotion beneath the surface..and believes in preserving the dignity of the individual human experience.

It's pretty much a Fi-perspective within the Myers-Briggs system, although I'm not sure whether that attitude contradicts with Socionics Fe.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aisa

Is it atypical for a Fe-ego to feel bad for people who are 'shunned' or written off as burdensome because of their emotional baggage, or inability to reciprocate in social situations?
    Idk. From my personal perspective - I always symphatized wit people who were rejects and "drag" them out of their shells and towards other people. Don't know if it's typical for all Fe users. My motivations are from childhood and being bullied and overcoming it and learning how to communicate more efficently than I used to (and that's pretty much what I was always sort of "teaching" other "outcasts" I met later on).
    also, this.

the "spoiler" part...
    I think I'm a Fe-ego. Either that or I developed Fe in response to bullying to be more efficient in future relations.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess I can say this isn't me:

Introverted ethics is an introverted, rational, and static information element. It is also called Fi, R, relational ethics, or white ethics. Fi is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing. Types with valued Fi strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with their friends and family. They value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally will make their innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others. - See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i....G6c967yv.dpuf
    I don't feel like I have a right to come to these judgments and find people who are able to do so somewhat..strange.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course (and now an "essay" ensues... I'm sorry, I have trouble being brief in writing.) I find the stereotypical SEI descriptions to be very superficial. Probably they weren't written or read by SEIs before throwing them out to the world to read (or maybe they were and the SEIs reading them figured it's better for the world to think they're sweet and simple to the core, lol)
    my LSI best friend recently told me (while laughing really hard) that I'm "delightfully cruel", cause I have this sort of sarcastic sometimes dry sense of humour (that I reveal only in front of the people who know me really well and know that I am joking). Strangers won't see this side of me, cause I'm not risking untintentionally hurting their feelings.
    I can get stuck in my head sometimes too in a similar way to what you described, but it happens much less in adult life than it did in say early teenage years. As time goes by I adopt the "to each their own" approach more and more. I'd say the SEI descriptions are ok on a superficial level and Enneagram seems more in line with internal experience. I think SEIs do their best to try and act in a manner not evoking conflict and thus even when we have strong opinions that we gave quite of bit of thought - people tend not to notice or hear them. I got used to people assuming I'm a calm good-looking girl that's soft and that's about it. And then time goes by and those that stick around at some point get let in to what I think, what my opinions are and seem surprised, lol. I noticed this a lot with my SO's friends. It was almost palpable that they thought "oh, he got himself a silly 'cutie'" and then years went by, they got to know me better, found out I have sth to say (and the fact that I'm not "in their face" with my opinions doesn't mean I don't have them) and realised he fell in love with me and not just my exterior.
    Sounds familiar?
    You need to stop writing so many things that I relate to! (no, I'm kidding. please don't stop it makes me feel special haha)

My experience growing up was in a Christian environment, and everyone just assumed I agreed with the Christian values and that I was a devout Christian.....simply because I didn't really do anything that would say otherwise (and because I was still learning about who I am and what I believe). I used to find it frustrating that everyone had this very superficial image of me and all the assumptions that came with it. Eventually I grew up and some people broke through my shell and became my close friends, and I finally have the confidence to speak my mind and talk about how I truly feel about things. Boy, are my parents surprised! It's like so many people never thought I actually had an opinion on anything, when really I have strong opinions, but I don't voice them to others because I feel that it's not right for the conversation/atmosphere/mood.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sweetgingerpeach I used to be very vocal about my views/beliefs/opinions when smn stepped on them esp. when I was a teen, but I can't really work my way back which was first bullying or getting expressive. I sort of think I started getting expressive as a response to being bullied - sort of "oh, no you won't step all over me every time you wish to".
    I mellowed later on and various situations led to me going into an almost "silent" mode at some point - basically I can't be bothered arguing opinions with some people. I have mine, they have theirs - so be it.
    But I love discussion with people whom I know have the "agree to disagree" attitude. We can learn from each other, but noone feels threatened when the other party expressed views contrary to their own - as it's sort of a "safe" environment, noone imposes their views... but it is rare to meet smn who doesn't try to "win". So usually I just keep my quiet and calm... hmm it could've been more concisely written but I'm tired, I'm sorry

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find this new influx of SEIs to the forum adorable <3 post moreeee all of youuuu

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i find this new influx of SEIs to the forum adorable <3 post moreeee all of youuuu
    umm.. what's your type? bring the cookies and we'll gather around you

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Video Questionnaire

Thought I'd make one just to be sure.. @aisa @Aylen @AshSun @Reficulris

I apologize if it's incoherent at certain points..

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I'd make one just to be sure.. @aisa @Aylen @AshSun @Reficulris

I apologize if it's incoherent at certain points..
    I've watched 11 minutes so far (unfortunately I don't have conditions today to watch the whole thing without interrupting my SO's activities).
    IMHO your initial SEI-Si typing is correct. I feel like I relate to you on a somewhat instinctual/gut level more than to two male ESIs I know...

I'm curious of what other people say.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast