Thread: Has anyone here successfully dealt with C-PTSD?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Has anyone here successfully dealt with C-PTSD?

How should I handle it? What do you recommend? I'm already seeing a therapist for cbt and a psychiatrist both of whom ROCK, but i heard i need dbt. cbt doesnt seem to do it well enough. im constantly hypervigilant of others and feel like the world is a dangerous place, and when others don't "rescue me" or "soothe me" I panic. I struggle with feelings of suicidal ideation, but I often hide it for fear of hospitalization. My religious faith in Islamic teachings is one thing that has kept me alive. I still have self harmed numerous times. I don't do it anymore, except maybe by scratching myself with a blunt knife. (kitchen). what's worse is that my brother, who is anal retentive and bitter about all the attention i was shown growing up with disabilities often lusting after women and girls due to stress despite religious taboo in what some would describe as a secretive sect in which many teachers mistreated me at sunday school due to misunderstandings and "turkishness" as i like to call it and my friend likes to call it (we're both turkish, but 2nd gen). he feels like i am a freak and a creep and a "pervert". and other names. he bullies me constantly. he always comes over every weekend just to enjoy my moms cooking, then leaves, saying he only came for the food, saying hes had enough of me, even though i didnt do anything. my mom is quick to satisfy his needs, because she feels guilty about the time he hit me and i called the cops and he got jailed despite me pardoning him and he got bailed out. i want to die. how should i heal?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear even if i get a job rent is too high where i live despite there being no rent control and it being a relatively low cost big city, and i cant afford to live on my own.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m in a life situation not too too far off from yours. I have quite a few conditions others would say I should get treatment for but I get none whatsoever. It’s mostly my choice though, so I don’t need sympathy. Among those conditions is BPD which is really similar to C-PTSD and also supposedly best treated through dialectical behavior therapy.
    Honestly, I’m not sure what to tell you, but since it has been hours since you posted with no replies I wanted you to know you aren’t being ignored.

I’ll check up on you if nobody else replies.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way you can find roommates to get out? My CPTSD improved after moving out and after also getting on medication (citalopram). Cats and marriage also helped in the long run but only because we are compatible.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Any way you can find roommates to get out? My CPTSD improved after moving out and after also getting on medication (citalopram). Cats and marriage also helped in the long run but only because we are compatible.
    There's some people in my religious group/network who I can rent a place with, most of whom are college students the rest are graduates who are bachelors. But I fear they wont understand my issues, but really if anything I've found many of them in the interactions I've had with them to be more understanding than my own family. But it seems like some of them are mean and would trigger my se polr, because some of them give off the impression of just rough and flamboyant turkish men fresh off the boat as refugees and im a mentally not put together sensitive guy. EDIT: But it seems like the best option.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your post sounds like a pervasive personality issue rather than PTSD, in that it's affecting multiple areas of you life: family, friendships, interpersonal, and school/work. In this situation there isn't going to be one technique that will solve all of your issues. Keep and study up your faith as it's a great counter to panic attacks. Try to figure out why your personal relationships aren't working do great. Why is your mother protecting the guy who punched you? How can you improve your relationship with her? How can you break off relationship with an abusive friend? Consider buying nonadditive counter anxiety pills, like valerian extract.

And in the end, while feeling all of this might feel horrrible, it just shows that you're still alive, and that you have a heart and a soul. There are people on this planet who struggle to feel anything, and who'll pay up anything to feel something again. So having these feels isn't some kind of self harming or suicide deal. And if you really want help with those kinds of thoughts call the suicide prevention hotline (within your country).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Your post sounds like a pervasive personality issue rather than PTSD, in that it's affecting multiple areas of you life: family, friendships, interpersonal, and school/work. In this situation there isn't going to be one technique that will solve all of your issues. Keep and study up your faith as it's a great counter to panic attacks. Try to figure out why your personal relationships aren't working do great. Why is your mother protecting the guy who punched you? How can you improve your relationship with her? How can you break off relationship with an abusive friend? Consider buying nonadditive counter anxiety pills, like valerian extract.

And in the end, while feeling all of this might feel horrrible, it just shows that you're still alive, and that you have a heart and a soul. There are people on this planet who struggle to feel anything, and who'll pay up anything to feel something again. So having these feels isn't some kind of self harming or suicide deal. And if you really want help with those kinds of thoughts call the suicide prevention hotline (within your country).
    no my friend isnt abusive i was saying that some members of our religious fraternity mentally abused me and he commented that it was due to their ignorance stemming from their "turkishness" while he himself was turkish.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Misfit
    Unless you get into the specific details about the context of the problems you are facing no one will be able to give you advice other than vague suggestions.

Why do you feel the world is a dangerous place?
    Why do you want to commit suicide?
    Why did you use to engage in self harm?
    Why do you still continue to scratch yourself?
    What disabilities did you grow up with?
    How have you lusted over girls?
    How have your teachers mistreated you and why would some describe it as a 'secretive sect'?
    How does your mom feel about the way your brother acts towards you?
    Does you brother bully you in ways other than name calling?

Maybe you do not want to share too much information and that is also fine.
    You heal by confronting your aggressors and laying down the law onto them. Do not let anyone bully you.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The real world is both dangerous and dreary - it's true. But I think the key is to not let it get you down. Thinking it's okay when it isn't is also bad... Safety is kind of an illusion. We like feeling safe but it's also a myth. Letting that go can make all of us freer.

People will usually keep bullying you until you kick their ass and get in touch with your own sadistic rage and beat them back- and/or you change your mental attitude about being a victim. The thing is a lot of people who tell you to not play a victim probably are projecting and playing the victim a lot themselves in life- we're all human after all, or they are just being a cunt- but it doesn't mean they are wrong either really. If people sense a mental weakness in you then naturally they are going to exploit it, until you yourself harden up about the mental issue yourself inside of you...

I think you really just need better boundaries. Dark/negative/ 'stinkin thinkin' thoughts can infect any mind if we allow it. You simply don't let them in. It's a locked door that they can't enter no matter how it seems. Okay that was the corniest most delta self help book advice I ever gave and I want to kill myself now- but again, it doesn't mean that it's not right... You can't keep letting them in and then expect other people will 'save you' as that puts too much pressure on people.

I will try to respect your religious beliefs but ime the best therapists have always been worldly athiest types. For me anyway. In my experience it can often be a roadblock for progress and growth. I know religion can give people hope through dark times but to me the 'hope' is more like a campy Final Fantasy video game kind of hope. Betty White didn't live to be 100 because it would break the you 'can't lvl up past 99' rule!

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people sense a mental weakness in you then naturally they are going to exploit it, until you yourself harden up about the mental issue yourself inside of you...

I think you really just need better boundaries. Dark/negative/ 'stinkin thinkin' thoughts can infect any mind if we allow it. You simply don't let them in.
    this is wrong for me and whats responsible for a lot of issues. people can only handle things this bad as long as they can get away with it. represssing never works. u need to let the dark thoughts in. u need to see it for what it is accept it and believe that no matter how bad things get u will raise above it. completely delsusionally but make it true. the dark reality doesnt take over u, u take over it. as long as u dont believe in ur abilities u've lost. as soon as u believe u've won. @Misfit no one can do for u what u can do for urself. the worst of the worst is a literal reality. when its there its there and u cant run away u have to force it to submit to you. as long as u are not dead u can fight and fight is all u have in those moments.
    whats a life lived in fear worth?
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 01-01-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    The real world is both dangerous and dreary - it's true. But I think the key is to not let it get you down. Thinking it's okay when it isn't is also bad... Safety is kind of an illusion. We like feeling safe but it's also a myth. Letting that go can make all of us freer.

People will usually keep bullying you until you kick their ass and get in touch with your own sadistic rage and beat them back- and/or you change your mental attitude about being a victim. The thing is a lot of people who tell you to not play a victim probably are projecting and playing the victim a lot themselves in life- we're all human after all, or they are just being a cunt- but it doesn't mean they are wrong either really. If people sense a mental weakness in you then naturally they are going to exploit it, until you yourself harden up about the mental issue yourself inside of you...

I think you really just need better boundaries. Dark/negative/ 'stinkin thinkin' thoughts can infect any mind if we allow it. You simply don't let them in. It's a locked door that they can't enter no matter how it seems. Okay that was the corniest most delta self help book advice I ever gave and I want to kill myself now- but again, it doesn't mean that it's not right... You can't keep letting them in and then expect other people will 'save you' as that puts too much pressure on people.

I will try to respect your religious beliefs but ime the best therapists have always been worldly athiest types. For me anyway. In my experience it can often be a roadblock for progress and growth. I know religion can give people hope through dark times but to me the 'hope' is more like a campy Final Fantasy video game kind of hope. Betty White didn't live to be 100 because it would break the you 'can't lvl up past 99' rule!
    Y'know, I could always see why I'd either love or hate my "kindred" relation in the form of an IEI and here we've got a sterling example of why us ILI's tend to envision ourselves as justified in the launching of a Crusade/Inquisition and, while you come at it from a different angle, you'd feel the same way I'd wager. The "best" therapists are always worldly atheist types? Care to define those terms for me? They have many meanings depending on the context after all.

The patron saint of IEI Jung himself would have begged to differ or ask the question I just posited. Hell, to my consternation it was likely an Alpha LII that made the greatest arguments for the existence of God that have yet to be successfully countered by even the likes of myself.

It is a tendency of us dominant types to just give in and delight in the cruelty of our darkest visions and how they affect the ignorant masses who lack our gift of foresight. That is a mistake. Our gift of prophecy and capacity for deeper understandings of concrete reality ought be used to help those who lack it over lord it over them as if we were some "chosen" nobility who ought treat them as our playthings as is their proper place...