Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you describe yourself?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I didn't add this before, but it is something I've noticed about myself. I tend to make a lot of women I meet feel homophobic. I guess there's something masculine about me irl.

I met one female ILE in my life, that I know of. She seemed smart and curious and open to new things. I liked her, but she quit her teller job at the bank so I didn't interact with her for long.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I met one female ILE in my life, that I know of. She seemed smart and curious and open to new things. I liked her, but she quit her teller job at the bank so I didn't interact with her for long.
    I've had to quit jobs because of homo phobic women more than once... I wonder what happened with her. Homophobia and women is not talked about as much. But it's there.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an artistic temperment, I am moody and tempermental.

I am eccentric.

I am charismatic and people laugh at my jokes (sounds extremely conceded but its true).

I am nice, usually, people use this as an insult.

I'm smart and open-minded.

I am a magician, a transmuter.

I am a lover and not a fighter.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Man with job, car and apartment, seeks woman for fun and adventure."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've had to quit jobs because of homo phobic women more than once... I wonder what happened with her. Homophobia and women is not talked about as much. But it's there.
    I think this is because when a man is homophobic, it's usually beyond obvious. Just kind of a redneck bully douche or something - or it's more obvious that he's hating gays to hide his own boner he gets in the shower when he's around other dudes. A dick is a prick and we feel a prick because it's prickly. When a woman is homophobic it's often much more subtle and manipulative because women can more easily be two-faced and be like 'I love & support all gays <3' at the gay rights gala but then in private want to secretly watch gay men and lesbians be sadistically tortured. I'm not saying all women are deceitful or anything lol but obviously, women can use their more subtle and deceitful powers to be more insidiously homophobic. Plus it's like what Hitta said 'women fart in your pillows' lol I don't agree with the guy on everything but I admit that was pretty good...

It's like the feminine power of manipulation and nice-nastiness. Iylana Vanzant called it Nice-Nastiness and I like that phrase lol. An effeminate male can be bitchy and two-faced like that as well of course. OTOH when a masculine manly man is a dick to you it's usually so brutal and direct and overpowering that he can't cover it up that well even if he tried.

And yeah no offense or anything but when I first saw a picture of you I thought you were a lesbian?

Debbie from Hurriane Bianca is a funny example of a more 'obvious' homophobic woman I think.
    Hehe me and @DEAD love to hate her. Or Kim Davis maybe.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

I think this is because when a man is homophobic, it's usually beyond obvious. Just kind of a redneck bully douche or something - or it's more obvious that he's hating gays to hide his own boner he gets in the shower when he's around other dudes. A dick is a prick and we feel a prick because it's prickly. When a woman is homophobic it's often much more subtle and manipulative because women can more easily be two-faced and be like 'I love & support all gays <3' at the gay rights gala but then in private want to secretly watch gay men and lesbians be sadistically tortured. I'm not saying all women are deceitful or anything lol but obviously, women can use their more subtle and deceitful powers to be more insidiously homophobic. Plus it's like what Hitta said 'women fart in your pillows' lol I don't agree with the guy on everything but I admit that was pretty good...

It's like the feminine power of manipulation and nice-nastiness. Iylana Vanzant called it Nice-Nastiness and I like that phrase lol. An effeminate male can be bitchy and two-faced like that as well of course. OTOH when a masculine manly man is a dick to you it's usually so brutal and direct and overpowering that he can't cover it up that well even if he tried.

And yeah no offense or anything but when I first saw a picture of you I thought you were a lesbian?

Debbie from Hurriane Bianca is a funny example of a more 'obvious' homophobic woman I think.
    Lesbian's think I'm a lesbian or at least Bi. I've been with women, but I'm mostly straight. And yeah, I agree with what you said.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time describing myself because how easily any expressed trait can be usurped and inverted by my moods. However it's not an impossible task. Based on choice words from feedback: moody, childish, "cute", creative/artistic, annoying, inhibited, weird/eccentric, cold, paradoxical, paranoid and fearful. Oh above all - autistic. And I'd agree all these are fair for a description. Some people online see me as Beta NF, but it's a subtype (something I created). Naturally I'm very Alpha. So my eccentricity and truest nature of my artistry is-... is this-... how do you describe Alpha? Angular, quirky, typological, soft. Soft... that's one thing people miss. Some people see me as harmless, a child. I've even gottten free stuff before just based on my occasional affability and playfulness. It's not calculated, it just happens when I feel like goofing around.

Also, just remembered. I had two people assume I do drugs, a coworker said the other day that I seemed like a stoner. I ... do not like this because I loathe drug culture. But if there's any evidence of , it's that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    She had several Co-workers. One was an ESI, her immediate boss was an ESI, and the branch manager was an LIE. I don’t think she left because of sexual discrimination, but rather because her co-workers were opposite-Quadra.

Working with people who don’t understand you can be tough.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

Debbie from Hurricane Bianca is a funny example of a more 'obvious' homophobic woman I think.
    Yeah, of course. I also notice that Logical dominant men are usually a lot more blunt and less of a pathetic mealy mouth than most Ethical dominant men (and women too, not a sex thing, it's a cognitive thing). But I also think that (some) logical men can be demonized. Like on Drag Race Season 12, Ru invited Jeff Goldblum on (for some reason) and he was judging the American themed runway. There was a contestant called Jackie Cox, who's half Persian and went down the runway in an American-themed hijab. Jeff asked a non malicious (pretty curious, but slightly 'critical' to some) question about LGBT+ rights and Islam, and America. Jackie Cox pretty much diverted the question and gave a (pretty) generic response about America and "deserving to be there", and started to cry. Jeff got into trouble on social media (with some people) about it. He was genuinely curious (I typed Jeff as ILE btw) about Jackie's stance, but ended up, in "classic ILE" fashion stirring up a debate and conversations outside of Drag Race (which I thought was good in a way, for both the franchise and Jeff).

But yeah, I think that (some) women (not all) tend to do the "nicey" thing in public, but ruin you in private. Yes, farting in your pillows is a good way to phrase it, but some men would be likely to just bash your face infront of others. And be nasty about it. I, DEAD tend to be pretty blunt about things. I don't have much shame, and I don't care who likes me. The truth needs to be said, and things need to be corrected accurately all the time. Some things need to be said.

And eugh, Debbie was an ass to Richard, the gays and even her own daughter. She was a weird narco bitch who needed taken out. Honestly? I would have had a pack of gay wolves take her out (the rats were weird af). Or something, or Richard farting in her pillow and making her smell it (well, he kinda did but I'd like to have seen it done in a more brutal way. My Se feeds off that sort of crap for fun tbh. And the Kim David Randy Rainbow parody was great, made me rofl.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quiet, calm, boring because I find myself not having anything to talk about since I don’t carry drama on my shoulders. I like taking lonely walks, I mostly eat healthy but small amounts throughout the day. I like reading. I keep lots of little notes of things I come across if they are “healthy”and I tend to pass this information on to people who I think may need it. I have my own cookbook and journals. I am not into fashion although I can admire someone who dresses well. Once in a while I’ll buy myself something that’s my style which is usually conservative feminine. I want to stay in bed longer than normal people and I wake up to clean at early hours. I keep weird routines. I get annoyed with myself for being messy in my surroundings like piles of clothes and paperwork on my desk. Sometimes I just don’t feel like (I go with my own feelings a lot). I get day dreamy want to fantasize about love, romance, the encounter of someone. I never think about other worlds like astrology. I am very observant of other people’s relationship dynamics. Like how they interact; what they do and say to one another. I would say I live in the world of human relationships or in isolation from others so I oscillate. I try to ignore people sometimes like a true introvert I like to go to malls because no one knows me and no one will stop and say hi to me. I like being left alone a lot of the time.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know how I'd describe myself. Probably something like "dreamy, lazy, interested in unusual things, independent".
    My family says I'm like a panther: relaxed on a branch until I see a prey on which I pounce out of nowhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123