Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glenn Gould + Nikola Tesla: types?

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    I definitely do it for the sake of my family as it’s the right thing to do to create a clean, safe home especially for my kids. I’m pretty sure most moms would have this motivation though. Hard to imagine NOT, you know?
    Also true!

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now cooking on the other hand (totally different from cleaning) is actually an art form imo and I often do it for fun.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now cooking on the other hand (totally different from cleaning) is actually an art form imo and I often do it for fun.
    Yes, cooking is > cleaning

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, @Xaiviay.
    Yes, regardless of Tesla's looks, I do think he's ILE. Mostly because the quality of his inventions was so high. The guy really was incredibly brilliant. (More so than any LIE I've ever known, and some of us have multiple patents.) He worked out the entire system of three-phase power generation in his head, along with wireless transmission of power. And then he basically didn't try to capitalize on his inventions which, I think, is quintessentially ILE behavior. ILE's get their rush from the act of inventing and if they make money as a result, it is usually a complete accident.
    Once ILE's invent something and it finds some acceptance in the market, then they feel their reputations have been advanced and they are free to go off chasing the next random thing.
    LIE's can be clueless about money at first, but we usually come up to speed pretty fast. And for me, inventing something can be fun, but if it doesn't make money, then my time spent inventing was entirely wasted. In fact, I've invented things which I never patented because there just isn't a decent enough market for them.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, @Xaiviay.
    Yes, regardless of Tesla's looks, I do think he's ILE. Mostly because the quality of his inventions was so high. The guy really was incredibly brilliant. (More so than any LIE I've ever known, and some of us have multiple patents.) He worked out the entire system of three-phase power generation in his head, along with wireless transmission of power. And then he basically didn't try to capitalize on his inventions which, I think, is quintessentially ILE behavior. ILE's get their rush from the act of inventing and if they make money as a result, it is usually a complete accident.
    Once ILE's invent something and it finds some acceptance in the market, then they feel their reputations have been advanced and they are free to go off chasing the next random thing.
    LIE's can be clueless about money at first, but we usually come up to speed pretty fast. And for me, inventing something can be fun, but if it doesn't make money, then my time spent inventing was entirely wasted. In fact, I've invented things which I never patented because there just isn't a decent enough market for them.
    Ohh, thank you for sharing your input! It's good to hear examples of the differences between these types from a LIE I can see how LIEs feel accomplished by earning some useful, real-life compensation for their inventions and other work, while ILEs feel accomplished by the act of inventing for its own sake...

Yeah, I guess we both think Nikola Tesla is ILE. He was definitely a brilliant inventor, and he didn't care much at all about money.

But, probably ILEs are no more brilliant than LIEs (on average). Rather, LIEs can show just as much ingenuity if they have a proper, results-oriented reason to think that way (according to what they personally value). I think it's more of a question of motivation, not root intelligence.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Tesla, I'm going to toss EII into the soup of possible types for him. The way he thinks. . . his quotes. . . pigeons. Idk. I wonder.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenn Gould serms C-EIE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    He wasn't my dual nor my activity nor any good IR around
    your type is IEI and ILE is your mirage, what is partly good. also you may easily mistake in types of others. mb he has better IR with you

> but we've been through our first meaningful experiences together and we were just happy, no socionics can prove or go against this.

To talk which relations socionics may to explain you need to identify correctly types, what is doubtful as you do not get even own type. Also Socionics is only about types, to whine it does not decribe anything what you may like in relations.

> Maybe when we really like someone a kind of dualization just occurs naturally.

You understand better and care about other one, while his needs depend on his type. You may do what duals do to some degree, but generally do it worse and feel worse during this. As it's not your strong or valued regions + different dichotomies.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    For Tesla, I'm going to toss EII into the soup of possible types for him.
    Nikola Tesla was in some aspects a visionary dreamer, yes. Some of his ideas even contradict with at the time already known laws of physics.
    For instance: He underestimated the poor efficiency of wireless energy transfer over long distances, because of the rapidly decreasing energy density of the electromagnetic field with increasing distance to the energy emitter.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. I wasn’t with him that long and felt completely taken with him. Possibly a honeymoon phase thing. And thinking about it, it was much less about taking care of him and a lot more about doing practical things that had to be done and knowing the other person wasn’t going to do it.
    Hmm I see, you actually made me think of all the undergone little cares ESIs are able to do to make others feel good, and the care that they impose to themselves in some things... I guess I wasn't focusing on that part, but it's true it's there, just to confirm how quasis are similar. And as you and Xai have said, the motivations behind those Si actions can be very different, and so can be the gestures coming out of it. As you've said anyway, love or even just its smell can make us do all sorts of unexpected things, and this goes without type matching. A Se needs lots of stimuli, I doubt that being confined in a relationship all revolving around your other half would have satisfied you in the long run... but maybe the experience I come from is a bit biased...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yielding type:

And the fact that he didn't care to have real relationships with people points towards process type.

ILE, SEI, EII and LSE survives.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-10-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    For Tesla, I'm going to toss EII into the soup of possible types for him. The way he thinks. . . his quotes. . . pigeons. Idk. I wonder.
    Seems extroverted to me tbh
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What DCNH subtype do you think Nikola Tesla is?? I want to knooowwww

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gould seems LIE i.e. ENTj.

Tesla is ILE Ne subtype - THE VISIONARY FUTURIST per my archetypes list.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 10-25-2018 at 01:48 AM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenn Gould seems ILI.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Glenn Gould seems ILI.
    I think so, too. I also think Tesla was an ILI. It's interesting that Tesla loved a pidgeon, I have been wondering if it's because ILI's hidden agenda is "to love". Dmitry Golihov wrote a very interesting description on Fi as activating function (for ILI and SLI):

"It is important for him to relate to others around him, to feel good about them, to value and love someone. If they don't like someone, it also lowers their self-esteem. "I'm bad if I don't love anybody." They have two ways out of the situation, either way of a Buddhist - to admit that the world is not perfect and love it for what it is, or to imagine a perfect world and perfect people and love this, but in real life go on without strong feelings. All other options imply self-esteem problems, as in the case of idealization of people close to him, sooner or later he will have to deal with their shortcomings. De-idealization means very negative feelings and a drop of his self-esteem. They need to have opportunities to express their personal attitudes and judgements, talk about what they love, what they are doing. He likes to tell the truth and hopes that it will be perceived adequately, even if it is hurtful. He will say "but I have been honest". Generally like to keep a distance from objects of adoration, since this way it is much easier to not be disappointed. Ideally, he should have an opportunity to periodically spend time away to himself. Can also invest his love into animals or even some kind of mystical entity; this way it is easier to maintain his self-esteem."

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    What DCNH subtype do you think Nikola Tesla is?? I want to knooowwww
    normalising

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tesla could have been ILE or LIE imo. I know at least one LIE that almost idealizes him and thinks it's sad how his investors went with oil over Tesla's free energy ideas because they wouldn't have been as profitable. Tesla also had a different idea about physics; he did a lot with magnetic fields and thought mass could be changed or manipulated with them and so he didn't subscribe to the particle physics ideas as much. It's rumored he had knowledge of anti-gravity through magnetic fields and that the government took his research after he died; probably just a rumor, but the more I learned about this guy, the more I realized he was kind of on a different level from everybody else. I supposed I'd like to think we have anti-gravity figured out - would be neat.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do selfless members of gamma NT type exist?
    Nikola Tesla was basically a rather selfless man. He wanted to contribute all his inventions to the whole mankind. What I know about him is that he didn't care much about wealth or belongings. He wanted a better future for mankind.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Nikola Tesla was basically a rather selfless man. He wanted to contribute all his inventions to the whole mankind. What I know about him is that he didn't care much about wealth or belongings. He wanted a better future for mankind.
    from the wikisocion description of the gamma quadra:

"Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice."

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...e=Gamma_Quadra

I guess it depends on the development of their subjective value system (Fi). I've met quite a few idealstic ILI with very firm ethical beliefs, many of them want to better the world and almost all of them are vegans.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post

normalising
    wtf... those are the types best fit for office, factory etc work. He was so called mad scientist which is the trait of creative as they can not handle NORMAL things without getting bogged down and depressed.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    wtf... those are the types best fit for office, factory etc work. He was so called mad scientist which is the trait of creative as they can not handle NORMAL things without getting bogged down and depressed.
    Based on that description I could be creative subtype too... because I get bored at tasks that demand doing the same procedure again and again pretty quickly,
    but I guess -ego types can't handle repetitive tasks well, rule of thumb.

For me it's like: A day without a new insight is a lost day.

Ok then, back to Nikola Tesla. NT type should be pretty obvious, at least.
    ...and I claim Guglielmo Marconi is the same type as Tesla, but likely different subtype.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Tesla was very atypical ILI.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    wtf... those are the types best fit for office, factory etc work.
    that's a very limited view on subtypes tbh.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    that's a very limited view on subtypes tbh.
    eh..? Tesla is the purest characterization of creative subtype.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as scientists gamma NT can definitely be selfless. Not so much as businessmen. And Tesla understood himself as a scientist.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't serious, though it's pretty obivous that he was a NT type.
    I found a movie on youtube about Nikola Tesla, but I don't know how close the portrayal of the actors to the real persons is.

Maybe he was are rare LIE-Ni E-5 type.
    How rare is that combination?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitespike View Post
    How rare is that combination?

Tesla was probably ILE.

LIE-Ni E-5 are self-reported to be 4% of all LIEs.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...enneagram-2/7/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12