Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate socionics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I hate socionics

Ahehem.
    But I'm obsessed with it. Whenever someone does something or says something I try to figure out what function they are using. Also applying this to faces, voices etc.
    All for the reason to get my own type. Which I did a test and came out ILI but this is SO important to me to be ILI it's really pathetic.
    When I see a face of a famous person I like I immediately have to check this forum to check their type...
    I just want to CHUCK this whole thing and not think about it anymore. The type interactions are what are really killing me. I wonder if the idea of being ILI is so loved by me that everything revolves around it, seeing everything in that light. I can't even trust my likes/dislikes anymore, thinking it's all about that ILI pretender agenda.
    Anyway FUCK NE FUCK FE AND FUCK ALPHA.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you hate alpha, Ne, Fe more than socionics we will have problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I really laughed when I typed of that post, it's a lame 4chan joke about janitors.

I just want to stop caring. I can tolerate most people, but I can't accept somehow "looking down" on others for their valued functions. But Ne seems so uesless, it's so infuriating. Just yesterday my boss was going in about what if UFOs land and shut down our business. Like wtf.

But I guess it's too simplistic to just cast someone as their type. There are also different degrees of HEALTH and different degrees of MATURITY. The more healthy and mature, the more you can get along with everyone, trying to UNDERSTAND the other, instead of trying to find fault, little boosts of superiority.

So to an extend, I endorse socionics. But after some point it becomes superfluous to think of yourself in such limiting categories. And seeing others like that as well. You want to turn yourself into a well ordered WHOLE.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries, I was trying to half jokingly imply that whether you will get obssesed with alpha, Ne, Fe as you did with socionics while hating it. Some descriptions of types may sound more alluring at first, in reality, all types have their own vulnerabilities. Personally, I like and respect when I see types excel at what they do best however, that's not always the case. I don't like every attribute of my type or any other type, I don't know if majority of poeple feels that way or not. Keep an open mind about your type, some other type may fit you more when you get into depths of socionics or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is for housewives and homosexuals and I'm not a housewive.
    who, me?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To do lesser of typing mistakes and to trust only to classical theory may help you to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Socionics is for housewives and homosexuals and I'm not a housewive.
    The main where it's useful is to make good pairs for long relations, as helps to take into account one of factors for friendship.
    People without homosexuality have problems to make good pairs too - they often break and it's easy to find divorces %.
    Housewives have much lesser of use, as they've made the choice of the pair already.

Also you may add points to have F type (more Fe).
    Last edited by Sol; 07-08-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love yourself, not your type.
    who, me?

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO definitely can relate

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. Socionics was originally a Soviet mind control experiment that was bit too successful. In fact it was considered too inhumane inside of closed doors in UN and it was decided to keep it under the wraps in hope it will die. However, this brain virus survived like a toxoplamosis inside of cat and is constantly mutating itself. COVID is like a child play compared to what is coming up.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is this theory of socionics it's basically MBTI with inter-type intearctions.
    Basically people are divided into 4 quadras: alpha beta gamma delta
    alpha hate gamma
    beta hate delta
    and vice verca
    They have this really cool guy called ILI who fits me really well and I really want to be him because he got Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Thinking which basically means mystical insights with getting shit done-ness which is probably the most badass thing there is.
    There are also Extroverted Intuition which is just possibliity for possiblity sake, which is fucking GAY of course and introverted feeling is nice just people relation being on good standing and extroverted feeling the homo shit of making nice compliments and sucking up and creating a nice GAY atmoshpere
    I don't want to be gay And extroverted feeling

who, me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep down I'm just an emulator.
    who, me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    To do lesser of typing mistakes and to trust only to classical theory may help you to like it.
    Where can I find this limited theory? Joke mode off real question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The main where it's useful is to make good pairs for long relations, as helps to take into account one of factors for friendship.
    People without homosexuality have problems to make good pairs too - they often break and it's easy to find divorces %.
    Housewives have much lesser of use, as they've made the choice of the pair already.

Also you may add points to have F type (more Fe).
    Could actually be. I tend to like/dislike people from the get go, when I first see them. Something striking me as nice about them. Usually it's when they respond nicely to me. I try to keep good relations with everybody and I don't look down on anyone for being stupid. There is the right thing for everyone I think, equality might not be true but I like this quote:
    Let us say it once more: The only qualitative standard is the degree of more or less perfect realization of the nature proper to a person. There can be no doubt that a woman who is perfectly woman is superior to a man who is imperfectly man, just as a farmer who is faithful to his land and performs his work perfectly is superior to a king who cannot do his own work.
    So I can tolerate a lot when a person "vibes" with me in the right way. I always thought FE meant glib and over exaggerated voice modulation, but maybe I'm just thinking in stereotypes.
    who, me?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's supposedly a thing to make people's lives better. People just end up obsessing over type because it offers the promise of better relationships and personal validation. It doesn't deliver, though, because there is no method for offering the big other need of humans, and that is certainty, specifically certainty that one has been typed correctly.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    It's supposedly a thing to make people's lives better. People just end up obsessing over type because it offers the promise of better relationships and personal validation. It doesn't deliver, though, because there is no method for offering the big other need of humans, and that is certainty, specifically certainty that one has been typed correctly.
    What things in life are certain to you? I feel certain that I’ve been typed correctly.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it better as an esoteric framework of all the substances in the world than some predictive tool for relationships. You don't use it to plot the exoteric (outer/relational) properties of objects out to see what happens, you use it to create a cut-jewel framework of reality where all the traits of objects reflect all the others in an internal way, so you see greater dimensionality in these objects, rather than each instance being a unique one-off phenomenon. I think @ashlesha said something indicating she gets this idea.

''Whenever someone does something or says something I try to figure out what function they are using''

there is this trick you may wanna try: ask your self if you are doing this *all the time*. You will notice that this is not the case. If you start paying attention to the instances it's not on your mind, the gaps will grow longer.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    ''Whenever someone does something or says something I try to figure out what function they are using''

there is this trick you may wanna try: ask your self if you are doing this *all the time*. You will notice that this is not the case. If you start paying attention to the instances it's not on your mind, the gaps will grow longer.
    Is this principle generalizable? Is there a name for it?

Is this principle generalizable? Is there a name for it?
    it can be part of this inquiry method known as the Work. Usually it's brought up when someone is working on a statement akin to ''He/she is X all the time''.
    more general than that.. i'd say that it reminds me of the saying ''what you pay attention to grows''?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is this theory of socionics it's basically MBTI with inter-type intearctions.
    alpha hate gamma
    beta hate delta
    and vice verca
    They have this really cool guy called ILI who fits me really well and I really want to be him because he got Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Thinking which basically means mystical insights with getting shit done-ness which is probably the most badass thing there is.
    There are also Extroverted Intuition which is just possibliity for possiblity sake, which is fucking GAY of course and introverted feeling is nice just people relation being on good standing and extroverted feeling the homo shit of making nice compliments and sucking up and creating a nice GAY atmoshpere

If I ever saw a post that proves Socionics is real, this ^^^^^^^ is the one.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    If I ever saw a post that proves Socionics is real, this ^^^^^^^ is the one.
    What would you type that as? Thinking I might just be a very self hating ESE.
    Dunno. I am highly suggestible imitating others without conciously knowing. At least that is one of my paranoias.
    who, me?

I am highly suggestible imitating others without consciously knowing. At least that is one of my paranoias.
    is this necessarily a bad thing? i think they call its ''positive'' aspect mirroring and its effects on our ability to show to others ''we got them'' are praised (at least in the reality we perceive through objects and form). This does border on manipulation but it seems that it's something most of us have to go through.
    That being said, I think I see where you are coming from. We get to hear a lot about the need to figure out our boundaries and identity. IMO what brings peace is striving for integrity (which is always self-integrity) instead of identity and the rest follows. This doesn't mean that the way you act changes overnight (can happen), but even being able/eager to observe your ways without trying to change them and instead just take note of them goes a long way (this relates to my first post in this thread).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a subset of people of the whole world who are into socionics and believe it, see everything through that lense.
    If you do you might be disabled and attract other people with the socionics disability toward yourself.
    who, me?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dynamic people take their lens of vision to the outer world. Statics reflect at home. Anyway, it is quite funny to think people reviewing this socionics stuff in real time. I would only think it when it comes time to shifting perspectives.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a dream today where I was lecturing someone on socionics theory. MAKE IT STOP!!!111
    who, me?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Had a dream today where I was lecturing someone on socionics theory. MAKE IT STOP!!!111
    It is too late. You are doomed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much what I was trying to say. I think there is some benefit to socionics, when you find yourself in a description and it gives you license to lean more into yourself and relax in that position.
    But seeing everything through that lense and functions is so limiting it's not even funny, and actually pathetic. There is so much more that goes into the makeup of a person.
    who, me?

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You get out what you put in. SISO. Shit In, Shit Out. There's no point in blaming a system for misuse of said system.

Is there a chance you may have an addictive and/or obsessive mind?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the problem is probably on my end and it might yield better results for a more even keeled person.
    I'd say I'm pretty obsessive, once I find a way of thinking I start seeing everything through that lense. Some history with substance abuse but I wouldn't say addiction per se.
    who, me?

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alpha hate gamma
    beta hate delta
    and vice verca

I can definitely relate. Until very recently, everytime I had a poor experience with someone, this person HAD to be from the opposing quadra by pure coincidence.
    Socionics should be a tool to open one's mind, not divide us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who, me?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when I felt this way about socionics. It's like a limerence state. A new thing to love and be fascinated by and so many new brain connections to make. After the limerence fades, one can sustain themselves on ego identity games for years. Typology systems are fun.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heart of the jungle.

At OP, dont feel to discouraged because now you see the heart of the problem with every single other person.

Identification. The old Buddhists would call it attachment.

So this is the playing field.

How can you be a sociotype with out being the sociotype, ya know?

I get it.

Be prepared to walk the lonely path back home. There is no final hurrah, only stronger and weaker pulls at times.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the problem is probably on my end and it might yield better results for a more even keeled person.
    I'd say I'm pretty obsessive, once I find a way of thinking I start seeing everything through that lense. Some history with substance abuse but I wouldn't say addiction per se.

I know what you mean. I feel like I can’t remember who I was before I learnt about Socionics/enneagram. Also had my heart broken/saw a therapist and then COVID all in the space of a year or so. Learning about enneagram instincts/tritypes has helped a bit coz they are a different way of typing people and made me see people’s over all types as more fluid/complex/simple. (Obviously people are much more than a type but I was doing the thing you mentioned where you just see people as a type and kinda judge them for it). Most of my adult life I’ve always tried to value every human being as unique and important. But then socionics came along and makes me feel like everyone is just a robot and it’s like we have no control over who we are and how we are.

But I actually think I’m starting to forget a lot of the stuff I’ve read and
    hoping that I can stop reading so much about it and just dip in and out. At one point I was reading so much stuff that felt quite dark (on this forum, old posts and stuff) but I seem to be coming across more positive stuff now and having more positive thoughts about socionics. I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it all but I think it’s getting better and I’ll stop obsessing (I’m also an obsessive thinker) because ultimately the type of person I am is one who deeply loves people for their uniqueness and humanity, including theirs flaws and I just want to help people and also enjoy/ appreciate people. I’m trying to just keep socionics at the back of my mind and use it to improve my relationships and accept myself more. But I def did go through a phase where I was like ‘oh I can’t trust my enfp/infj friends’ haha. Now I’m more like ‘aw they don’t mean that in a bad way’ but less scared to disagree with them I think? I am terrified of telling people about it though! I guess things will sink in and hopefully we can use it to be better, happier people.. I hope I start to remember my old self a bit and figure out how exactly I’ve changed!
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-29-2020 at 07:51 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst was when I was half way through group therapy and had just discovered socionics and I felt like I made all these dark, negative contributions (not like me at all!) and was totally judging everyone in the group including the therapists. (If I have therapy again I’ll tell them I know about socionics I think..) That was a few months ago and now I’m in a place where I think I’m seeing the value in all the types instead and trying to see people as individuals again. I hope my brain can manage this!

I think also maybe for people who’ve really struggled in life (I know I have) it’s hard to learn that you were so fragile for a reason (you innately knew the world was sort of against you/ you couldn’t deal with it.. and turns out you were right) but at the same time people didn’t know how to be any different. I didn’t blame people for my problems before but it’s weird learning that if only they had tried to help you (which they didn’t know how to) but if only, if only...then my life wouldn’t have been so wrong. It feels a bit like it could so easily have been different if only I’d know that my mental health problems/my personality type gone a bit wrong were stopping people from helping me. Poor mental health is a such a trap and I do think people knowing about socionics will make them reach out to people with issues or notice them. Soz bit of tangent but I think I needed to air this for a while somewhere haha. It is good having people to talk to on here, of all different types too.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-29-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you type that as? Thinking I might just be a very self hating ESE.
    Dunno. I am highly suggestible imitating others without conciously knowing. At least that is one of my paranoias.
    No, not ESE, they are rarely that into Socionics, busy as they are with activities and socializing. S's take less interest in the inner workings of theory. Some kind of N type. Maybe Ni since you seem to hate the Ne I love (but yes, Ne is often non-applicable to the matter at hand).
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Yeah. Socionics was originally a Soviet mind control experiment that was bit too successful. In fact it was considered too inhumane inside of closed doors in UN and it was decided to keep it under the wraps in hope it will die. However, this brain virus survived like a toxoplamosis inside of cat and is constantly mutating itself. COVID is like a child play compared to what is coming up.
    I don't wonder that, but I have always wondered if it is a communist theory. It was developed in communist Russia in the 1970s, by someone who worked for a type of 'planning agency', and the types are force-fit into these perfect relationships, jobs, etc. My theory is that it was going to be used to 'select' people for families, arranged marriages, and maybe jobs the way people were forced into careers in the USSR. I had therefore always wondered if - for real - it was developed for communist purposes. Even if it was, it still makes me LMAO however....
    Last edited by jason_m; 08-02-2020 at 07:15 AM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I don't wonder that, but I have always wondered if it is a communist theory. It was developed in communist Russia in the 1970s, by someone who worked for a type of 'planning agency', and the types are force-fit into these perfect relationships, jobs, etc. My theory is that it was going to be used to 'select' people for families, arranged marriages, and maybe jobs the way people were forced into careers in the USSR. I had therefore always wondered if - for real - it was developed for communist purposes. Even if it was, it still makes me LMAO however....
    probably. But it's not that black-and-white, I wouldn't call it a "communist theory". You emphasize certain things, formulate things to sound "social" etc to make the authorities approve of it. It's pretty easy to fit socioncis into that agenda. But you can just as well fit it into an individualist agenda. The basic facts of Socionics/Jung remain the same.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Socionics had the original purpose of trying to help people get along. Ironically, places with Socionics have more drama than other places.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pretty much what I was trying to say. I think there is some benefit to socionics, when you find yourself in a description and it gives you license to lean more into yourself and relax in that position.
    But seeing everything through that lense and functions is so limiting it's not even funny, and actually pathetic. There is so much more that goes into the makeup of a person.
    The key to psychological balance is not to try to be something you're not. It's operating with the auxiliary/creative function. It's not too difficult and not too easy. It's just right and part of who you already are.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    probably. But it's not that black-and-white, I wouldn't call it a "communist theory". You emphasize certain things, formulate things to sound "social" etc to make the authorities approve of it. It's pretty easy to fit socioncis into that agenda. But you can just as well fit it into an individualist agenda. The basic facts of Socionics/Jung remain the same.
    Either way, I'm still laughing about it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast