Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Life With a Dual

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I also think the strengths of dual compensate his/her weaknesses so it keeps things working somehow. It doesn't happen with less favored ITRs. But is definitely a wrong understanding when ppl think dual has no weaknesses at all or idealize duality.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna have sex with @Adam Strange and @NightHawk. I'm your benefactor, therefore you might call me "daddy".

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    I wanna have sex with @Adam Strange and @NightHawk. I'm your benefactor, therefore you might call me "daddy".
    mods please delete this

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dedxx View Post
    mods please delete this
    i ship it

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've had poor luck with Benefactors, @Aaron Something. And "daddy" is not what I call them.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^this made me laugh a lot. Thank you @Adam Strange

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all have a sucky sense of humour.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can call me daddy. I'm a top

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yours was funny enough, but Adam’s response to it was funnier

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this is how you set up a raunchy joke and punchline...

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Yours was funny enough, but Adam’s response to it was funnier
    I don't think that's the reason

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
    You can call me daddy. I'm a top
    Oh well. Why not?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So I've been dating a dual for just under a year and we moved in together due to lockdown (which started end of March for us).

*picture removed*

We're pretty much in the worst conditions for living together because it's sooner than we would have liked to move in together, we live in his STUDIO flat and we obviously haven't really been seeing anyone else or going anywhere else. It's basically a recipe for relationship disaster.

Despite that it's definitely the nicest living arrangement I've had with someone else. My actual flat mate is ESI and she's fine but our lives are too different so we have just ended up in cordiality. My worst living experience was with an LIE, some of which was NTR, some was victim/pseudo-victim mismatch and some IE mismatch. I also dated an LSE and an SEE and spent a lot of time round their houses obviously. The situation with SEE was much more combative and we found it harder to come to resolutions. LSE was very similar to LSI but just.. wrong. Some of the same characteristics I admire in LSI I HATED in LSE.

LSI feels very natural and has done since the beginning. By temperament we're completely different. But despite this and the fact we grew up in different countries we have almost identical life stories. The themes are the same even if the details are different.

On good stuff, he brings a lot of joyful, humble routine to my life. I asked him yesterday what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said "coffee, blowjob and X-files." I thought it was boring since we do at least 2/3 of those everyday anyway but I realised afterwards that this just means he's living his dream life everyday. On the other hand, I am constantly striving for something. So he forces me to slow down, take walks and actually enjoy my coffee rather than just drink it whilst working. He's actually better at self-development than me though because he actually has follow through. He set himself a goal of going to university and he's been studying everyday. He took a 22 day push up challenge from youtube and ACTUALLY did it. I find it inspiring to be around someone like that. I'm also a lot tamer now than I was a year ago because of his influence.

For my part, I'm usually the one who notices if something is unsaid or not right in the relationship and can actually do something about it. He also was overwhelmed at the idea having too many choices for the future. One day I cornered him and made him think about it, then explained which of his options was best for his desires. This led to him deciding to go to University and like I said, he's now studying harder than I ever have. He needed me to narrow down the options and suggest a path but then he's the one who can actually follow through. I think that's the clearest example I have of someone responding to my type-based strengths.

There are plenty of issues but we seem to be able to resolve them quickly and end up better for having the argument, which is not something I can say about the SEE or LSE I dated
    Last edited by SaveYourself; 06-10-2020 at 06:27 AM.
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you mistype both yourself and your partner and you guys get along despite that?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@mrrrmaid, I am so happy for you. You guys look so great together.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mrrrmaid , you really do look beautiful together. Quite happy for you

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    So I've been dating a dual for just under a year and we moved in together due to lockdown (which started end of March for us).
    You guys look good together, definitively a good match!

But that being said, I am starting to wonder if I am crazy, for why do I think that picture is not showing us a Beta Rational dual pair, and why is nobody else coming to the same or a similar conclusion?

Sorry for seriously pissing on your cheese.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Looks like my personal room. Only mine is stuffed with mostly cassette decks ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    What if you mistype both yourself and your partner and you guys get along despite that?
    That'd be too gay and leave no point in checking this theory. I am into socionics to have more reasons to hate people.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pic for verification under spoiler but please remove if quotes - I'll remove by tomorrow!

We're pretty much in the worst conditions for living together because it's sooner than we would have liked to move in together, we live in his STUDIO flat and we obviously haven't really been seeing anyone else or going anywhere else. It's basically a recipe for relationship disaster.

Despite that it's definitely the nicest living arrangement I've had with someone else. My actual flat mate is ESI and she's fine but our lives are too different so we have just ended up in cordiality. My worst living experience was with an LIE, some of which was NTR, some was victim/pseudo-victim mismatch and some IE mismatch. I also dated an LSE and an SEE and spent a lot of time round their houses obviously. The situation with SEE was much more combative and we found it harder to come to resolutions. LSE was very similar to LSI but just.. wrong. Some of the same characteristics I admire in LSI I HATED in LSE.

LSI feels very natural and has done since the beginning. By temperament we're completely different. But despite this and the fact we grew up in different countries we have almost identical life stories. The themes are the same even if the details are different.

On good stuff, he brings a lot of joyful, humble routine to my life. I asked him yesterday what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said "coffee, blowjob and X-files." I thought it was boring since we do at least 2/3 of those everyday anyway but I realised afterwards that this just means he's living his dream life everyday. On the other hand, I am constantly striving for something. So he forces me to slow down, take walks and actually enjoy my coffee rather than just drink it whilst working. He's actually better at self-development than me though because he actually has follow through. He set himself a goal of going to university and he's been studying everyday. He took a 22 day push up challenge from youtube and ACTUALLY did it. I find it inspiring to be around someone like that. I'm also a lot tamer now than I was a year ago because of his influence.

For my part, I'm usually the one who notices if something is unsaid or not right in the relationship and can actually do something about it. He also was overwhelmed at the idea having too many choices for the future. One day I cornered him and made him think about it, then explained which of his options was best for his desires. This led to him deciding to go to University and like I said, he's now studying harder than I ever have. He needed me to narrow down the options and suggest a path but then he's the one who can actually follow through. I think that's the clearest example I have of someone responding to my type-based strengths.

There are plenty of issues but we seem to be able to resolve them quickly and end up better for having the argument, which is not something I can say about the SEE or LSE I dated
    I read the blowjob part over and over again, i'm now horny
    Last edited by Dr PissBender; 06-09-2020 at 06:46 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read the blowjob part over and over again, i'm now horny
    I liked @mrrrmaid’s EIE candidness. As an LIE, I totally understand that.

But @Aaron Something, as an IEE, shouldn’t you be getting horny to Disney movies?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be too gay and leave no point in checking this theory. I am into socionics to have more reasons to hate people.
    I don't think socionics duality works just by itself. More things have to line up for people to actually like each-other. The similar ppl are in terms of values and perspective the easier it gets. Generally I have a hard time with NF types due to how drastically different our values and perspective on life seems to be.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think socionics duality works just by itself. More things have to line up for people to actually like each-other. The similar ppl are in terms of values and perspective the easier it gets. Generally I have a hard time with NF types due to how drastically different our values and perspective on life seems to be.
    Yeah, because you're self-typing ILI now and NF's don't happen to be your duals either. And i'm very sure i'm very different in values to different NF's because i'm very much human and have different values.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I liked @mrrrmaid’s EIE candidness. As an LIE, I totally understand that.

But @Aaron Something, as an IEE, shouldn’t you be getting horny to Disney movies?
    I don't know. Does your dick even get up, Mr. Robot?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like asking much for some reason unless I feel the other person is quite not okay.
    enthusiastic consent is the new sexy
    i think I felt it was awkward too if the asker (me or them) was acting odd while asking. the asking is good.
    it's good 4 us to confidently ask each other.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, because you're self-typing ILI now and NF's don't happen to be your duals either. And i'm very sure i'm very different in values to different NF's because i'm very much human and have different values.
    I'm a stereotypical MBTI INTP, even according to the big 5 test or the Keirsey temperement sorter, idk how that translates to socionics:

Socially Introverted
    Emotionally Stable
    Critical and Agressive
    Impulsive and Disorganized
    Open to Experience

Last edited by SGF; 06-09-2020 at 06:42 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    enthusiastic consent is the new sexy
    i think I felt it was awkward too if the asker (me or them) was acting odd while asking. the asking is good.
    it's good 4 us to confidently ask each other.
    I'm just good at reading people's emotions for some reason, at times I know when to ask and when people lie to me. Their voice tone and expressions change.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a stereotypical MBTI INTP, even according to the big 5 test or the Keirsey temperement sorter, idk how that translates to socionics:

Socially Introverted
    Emotionally Stable
    Critical and Agressive
    Impulsive and Disorganized
    Open to Experience

Types often change when translated to Socionics, i've seen a bunch of ENTP's testing as EIE, go figure, both attention seeking bitch types.

Have you taken any Socionics test? Read on the types suggestives and such, that might help you figure it all out.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types often change when translated to Socionics, i've seen a bunch of ENTP's testing as EIE, go figure, both attention seeking bitch types.

Have you taken any Socionics test? Read on the types suggestives and such, that might help you figure it all out.

in terms of sexual relationships its as my bisexual ex IEI said: "you are the most vanilla guy I ever met". e_e she tried weird stuff like inviting me to threesomes with another woman, BDSM. It degraded our relationship to a point where I just wanted to run. Pretty sure I'm as normal & heterosexual as they come :/ .. Its not like I haven't tried all sorts of stuff.

Definition of vanilla (Jesus) : http://www.bdsmwiki.info/Vanilla

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You guys look good together, definitively a good match!

But that being said, I am starting to wonder if I am crazy, for why do I think that picture is not showing us a Beta Rational dual pair, and why is nobody else coming to the same or a similar conclusion?

Sorry for seriously pissing on your cheese.

I posted the picture expecting that.

When I did a typing thread a little while ago, no clear conclusion came from it. I think the most popular types were IEE, EIE, SEI and ESE in that order. I closed that thread and came to the conclusion of EIE on my own and I still occasionally have my doubts but every time I check another type, there are way more issues with that than with EIE. Also obviously no one has typed my bf. I asked an MBTI friend and he agreed with Ti+Se. I personally resisted typing him LSI for a while in case I was just typing the dude I liked as my dual but again, it made more sense than SLE, ESI and SLI, which were the other types I considered.

What do you think the types are?

@thegreenfaerie @Adam Strange thank you both!
    @Aaron Something lmao glad you enjoyed. I also thought about just saying he gets excited when it's time for coffee and enjoys every single cup he has to illustrate his temperament. But I thought the "coffee, blowjob, x-files" was a way of him illustrating the same thing but in a characteristically succinct way. However, do you mind deleting the photo from your quote?
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I did a typing thread a little while ago, no clear conclusion came from it. I think the most popular types were IEE, EIE, SEI and ESE in that order. I closed that thread and came to the conclusion of EIE on my own and I still occasionally have my doubts but every time I check another type, there are way more issues with that than with EIE. Also obviously no one has typed my bf. I asked an MBTI friend and he agreed with Ti+Se. I personally resisted typing him LSI for a while in case I was just typing the dude I liked as my dual but again, it made more sense than SLE, ESI and SLI, which were the other types I considered.

@Aaron Something lmao glad you enjoyed. I also thought about just saying he gets excited when it's time for coffee and enjoys every single cup he has to illustrate his temperament. But I thought the "coffee, blowjob, x-files" was a way of him illustrating the same thing but in a characteristically succinct way. However, do you mind deleting the photo from your quote?
    Done!

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in terms of sexual relationships its as my bisexual ex IEI said: "you are the most vanilla guy I ever met". e_e she tried weird stuff like inviting me to threesomes with another woman, BDSM. It degraded our relationship to a point where I just wanted to run. Pretty sure I'm as normal & heterosexual as they come :/ .. Its not like I haven't tried all sorts of stuff.

Definition of vanilla (Jesus) : http://www.bdsmwiki.info/Vanilla

IEI's are weird, it's not you, it's them.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could give my ideas on both of your types, but would that take your doubts away? I think it is better if you yourself search and find out what both of your types are. But let me point you in the right direction: both of you are Deltas, and the most likely IR is either duality or activation.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I could give my ideas on both of your types, but would that take your doubts away? I think it is better if you yourself search and find out what both of your types are. But let me point you in the right direction: both of you are Deltas, and the most likely IR is either duality or activation.
    I actually thought of doing a "challenge my self typing" video since I came up with my type relatively on my own (with help from @Everlast, though that was nearly 2 years ago). So I welcome your suggestion. And there are times when I think I'm too cute / playful to be EIE and being IEE would fix that. The main reason I think I go with EIE is IR but there are lots of NTR things that could get in the way of good IR - including mistakes in my own typing or other people's typing on examplar lists.

And to be honest, all the examples I gave above could very easily be describing IEE / SLI duality too. The general theme is I am excitable, impractical and do too much which naturally balances with his slowed down, structured and more humble / practical existence. ENFx and ISTx are right, imo. Good to know you agree on the relations at least so my post isn't completely undermined. Still describing living with a dual even if it turns out delta rather than beta.
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The title sounds like a shitty romcom
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know. Does your dick even get up, Mr. Robot?
    Lol, I try to come once or twice every day, whether I have a GF or not. I believe in the adage, “Use it or lose it.”

I will admit, things aren’t the way they were when I was fifteen, but I have been way more active than any of my last few lovers. That could reflect individual differences, though.

You didn’t ask, but I’ll share this anyway. The ability to achieve erections is strongly tied to cardiovascular health. My recommendation is to go vegan and exercise enough enough every day to get your heart rate up. Your muscles will last forever and can always be built up, but your arteries are on a one-way journey that can go fast or slow, depending on how much crap you expose them to. Once you coat them with enough plaque, erections exist only in the past, and there is no Mister Plumber to clean them out. In the US, this plaque buildup can be detected in kids as young as five. Those kids better get used to getting their jollies from video games, because that’s going to be their only option.

Go vegan. Exercise every day.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I try to come once or twice every day, whether I have a GF or not. I believe in the adage, “Use it or lose it.”

I will admit, things aren’t the way they were when I was fifteen, but I have been way more active than any of my last few lovers. That could reflect individual differences, though.

You didn’t ask, but I’ll share this anyway. The ability to achieve erections is strongly tied to cardiovascular health. My recommendation is to go vegan and exercise enough enough every day to get your heart rate up. Your muscles will last forever and can always be built up, but your arteries are on a one-way journey that can go fast or slow, depending on how much crap you expose them to. Go vegan.

The fuck i'm going vegan. I love meat. Meat does good to my meat, it keeps it stiff.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn’t ask, but I’ll share this anyway. The ability to achieve erections is strongly tied to cardiovascular health. My recommendation is to go vegan and exercise enough enough every day to get your heart rate up. Your muscles will last forever and can always be built up, but your arteries are on a one-way journey that can go fast or slow, depending on how much crap you expose them to. Once you coat them with enough plaque, erections exist only in the past, and there is no Mister Plumber to clean them out. In the US, this plaque buildup can be detected in kids as young as five. Those kids better get used to getting their jollies from video games, because that’s going to be their only option.

I agree with most of the above, except for the part of going vegan and neglecting your muscles. Your muscles will not last forever and resistance training is good for everyone, especially for office workers and to avoid injuries in older age. Resistance training and including red meat in your diet also improves your testosterone levels with plenty of beneficial effects for men. You definitely do not need to go vegan or avoid eating meat to be healthy. What you need is fresh food instead of processed crap and sugar. At least trans fats seem to be finally banned now in the U.S.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the above posters.... red meat has a lot of beneficial B vitamins and hormone-supporting cholesterol, which for my BF and anecdotally from male friends has helped more with their own “meat” lol. Obviously generally being healthy and exercising more will help otherwise too though.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    The title sounds like a shitty romcom
    That’s all that socionics duality is then lol. A shitty romcom.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast