Thread: Some types/subtypes more prone to bipolar disorder than others, or at least they experience moods differently

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some types/subtypes more prone to bipolar disorder than others, or at least they experience moods differently

It seems to me like people who become manic can only be Te/Fi valuing types. Basically, people whose moods can't be changed by an external situation are Te/Fi valuing types while Fe/Ti valuing types' moods can be changed by what's going on around them and so they can't actually be bipolar. Plus if you are Ti-valuing type, it means you won't have incoherent speech, if I'm not mistaken. For example, John Hinckley Jr. was an EIE-Ni and was never incoherent and his depression could be reduced by art and listening to the lyrics in music. Medication might not have actually had any effect on him; it might have just been prescribed due to caution by the psychiatrists.

I'm an LSE-Te (I hate being a strong Te subtype; I think I have pretty weak Si and strong Fi I guess since I'm so moralistic and have always had very strong likes and dislikes) and ever since I was little I have had high emotional reactivity, been a daydreamer/lived in my head/visually unaware of what was going on around me frequently, and my moods are based on ideas in my head and facts and even when I watch an enjoyable video, a random thought (or a stream of uncontrollable thoughts) will form in my head and it will end the enjoyment of the video.

Yet I've searched the internet for ILE-Ti and ENTP and bipolar and ILE-Ti never have bipolar disorder (I know of so many and none of them have bipolar disorder, when they get loud and excited it's due to external events, sensations, or if trying to create an Fe-atmosphere). They don't have random thoughts that just pop into their heads; their moods are controlled by sensations (pleasant sensations like going into nature can reduce their depression but I'm not as lucky since my Si is weaker than most ILE-Ti's Si and seeing certain flowers can make them happy) and jokes (watching a video they find funny or being in a very Fe-dominated atmosphere can get them out of a depressed state but I'm not as lucky since I'm not an Fe-valuing type; they're able to hyperfocus on visual aspects of reality, objects, people but I am not).

and I see fewer MBTI ENFJs mentioning they have bipolar on the internet than MBTI ENTJs and MBTI ENFPs and MBTI INTJs. I also know of so many EIEs personally and none of them have bipolar disorder and many tend to look down on people who do have it. EIEs are actually much calmer, more constricted in affect (everyone I know of who is an EIE is far more constricted in affect, they smile less, they're quieter, their tone of voice is more even, they yell less, than everyone I know of who is an LIE; also, watch videos of EIE Steve Jobs and LIE Ben Shapiro; Steve Jobs' affect is very constricted while Ben Shapiro is very animated even when he's just talking by himself), less emotionally expressive than LIEs in my experience. And when EIEs laugh they do it in response to external stimuli such as someone else joking and they feed off the emotional atmosphere, but LIEs uncontrollably laugh; LIEs have weaker nerves, they are more reflexive, they have less fine motor control than EIEs.

What are your thoughts on this post?
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-25-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bipolar. If you mean constant pervasive mood then dynamic types are those.

I get very apathetic when alone it is very easy to lift me up.

I find that there are openly histrionic like EIE as there are constricted EIE's. Maybe same goes for ESE although the word histrionic applies much less.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m officially diagnosed as bipolar II disorder and I’m not sure how I feel about this lol. I guess for the purpose of your data collection I should say I’m SEE (or EIE or IEE). But I would say types only have a rough correlation to mental illness. You could say an SLE is much more likely to have antisocial personality disorder (to be a sociopath) but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an EII sociopath waiting for you on the street. If I had to break it down I would say:

Fi: depression, borderline personality disorder
    Ni: depression, schizophrenia, general paranoia
    Si: depression, eating disorders, codependent
    Ne: ADHD, codependee
    Fe: histrionic, social anxiety, bipolar, borderline personality disorder
    Se: ADHD, antisocial (as in sociopathy, not asocial), anger issues
    Ti: OCD, schizoid
    Te: antisocial, anger issues, OCD but more external focus than Ti
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You could say an SLE is much more likely to have antisocial personality disorder (to be a sociopath) but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an EII sociopath waiting for you on the street. If I had to break it down I would say:

I think EII males have a high tendency to be serial killers, cuz the psychological make-up of serial killers is a type of humanitarianism they have that gets warped - often times by being genetically born a sociopath regardless of type, or abuse they suffered themselves growing up. For example I think Jeffrey Dahmer was EII, though some disagree with that.

OTOH the EII female villain equivalent I think is a type of 'bad social worker' that gets involved in the system and unfairly punishes people out of a really extreme form of humanism that ends up oppressing others. IEEs can also fall into this trap too I think.

But yeah the generalized criminal bad boy type is definitely a SLE male hahahahahhahaha.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    For example I think Jeffrey Dahmer was EII, though some disagree with that.
    Well, he was probably ILI just by listening to him and his thoughts about domination and so on.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hypothetically, some types traits as P, F may make this as more expressed externally
    the behavior is alike a sum of different factors. it mb not higher disorder itself, but to look so surfacely

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know that my Si is weak. I don't know why I said it was as I think satisfactory aesthetics and comfort are quite important. I definitely care about the way things and my environment and people look.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry my comment was kind of a derail, I read the OP this time and didn't just stare at fresh meat's sexiness:

I don't think what you said is necessarily type related much at all, type is more a socially organic thing and- mental illness is more of a malignancy, a corruption. It doesn't care about who you are and your socio-psychological identity. I also don't agree that Fe/Ti types have an easier time with changing how we feel by doing something else externally, nobody is that shallow lol. I think its more like if I'm happy internally, the outside stuff I'm gonna enjoy even more- but if I'm really miserable on the inside, nothing on the outside world can snap me out of it - only healing the non-physical interpersonal rift can. Everybody is a human.. what you said kinda makes it sound like only Fi valuers have souls, and Fe valuers are just these shitty superficial robots created out of a Katy Perry illuminati factory.

When you are feeling shitty on the inside, doing your favorite thing doesn't work to snap you out of it- only healing from the inside out fixes it where you can then enjoy what you physically loved again.

Attributing this to Te/Fi is also really weird to me, as 'mania' itself is much, much more likely to be a Fe thing isn't it? So I don't really fully understand this post but I do relate with u about daydreaming a lot or whatever.

I admit though I don't understand Fi valuers sometimes in the sense that, I think basing everything too much on a sense of attraction/repulsion is in the end really self-defeating for the simple fact that what you don't like or like is going to exist anyway regardless of your subjectivity towards it (I think this is why I respect nature, it just creates everything due to balance reasons- no matter how we feel?), so I am kind of more drawn to people who sort of stupidly embrace everything with a kind of dumb indifference. (like ILEs and SLEs) I like people who are more inclusive with truly everything, regardless if they like it or not. In fact it's more interesting and funny to me if ppl embrace what they dislike more rather than just stuffily running away from it that Fi valuers tend to do. It feels more artistically interesting to me... that is a Fe valuing thing I think? SLE more than ILE With this one because the ILEs I know are potentially inclusive with everything but in reality- exclude stuff too much because 'it makes them feel bad' or is too harsh/negative and hurts their alpha values too much, whereas SLEs are more obnoxiously insensitive and truly accepting of 'the all' because of this trait. I'm not really this way myself tho, I have non-valued but strong four dimensional Fi so I am in personality way more like a EII than I am a SLE - but I value other people more that are like this. I have strong biases and preferences and grudges myself cuz Fi is shitty that way but yes I also always see the moral/ethical side because of it. I know so deeply well what I like and what I don't like- but I am magnetically drawn to the stupid estp that just walks through walmart all happy and like he has no biases & preferences to everything, he's just a dumb hunk. <3 Fi polr is sexy to me even though it causes so many moral mishaps.

with this said this does not mean that you can just improve my mood by taking me to some jovial Fe valuing party or something lol. If I'm truly upset in a deep way, I can only heal it via a deep way. BECAUSE EVEN FE VALUERS HAVE DEPTH.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but you lost me at ILEs not having random thoughts just pop into their heads. Play again?

Otherwise, I think you're observing something real and are onto something.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Type should not be linked to mental disorders. I had thought that Fi-types were bipolar-like but this perception was due to dealing with more than a few having pressure-cooker mentalities - those that make mountains out of molehills. They seem more prone than other types to allow perceived problems to fester without confronting or confirming the facts. Many seem not able to let pressure (much of it brought on by self-induced stress) out gradually so occasionally they have been known to uncontrollably blow up - but this usually is an infrequent event........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known two bipolar(2) people. One was IEE and the other IEI. I can agree with your thinking fresh meat for the two. The one LSE I known very much seemed OCD with anger issues. The ILI I know best seemed a combo of the NiTe ones as well.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I've known two bipolar(2) people. One was IEE and the other IEI. I can agree with your thinking fresh meat for the two. The one LSE I known very much seemed OCD with anger issues. The ILI I know best seemed a combo of the NiTe ones as well.
    I have OCD with anger problems. OCD is terrible. Depression is terrible.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I have OCD with anger problems. OCD is terrible. Depression is terrible.
    And your type? Anyone can be depressed, these are just the tendencies for each function in their presentation. Also know a IEE that's ADD. As an IEI who's been depressed I can tell you it's pretty terrible.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    And your type? Anyone can be depressed, these are just the tendencies for each function in their presentation. Also know a IEE that's ADD. As an IEI who's been depressed I can tell you it's pretty terrible.
    My type is LSE

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bipolar seems to be a type 7 thing by essence (unhealthy to extremely unhealthy), so ENTp and ESTp, but maybe also ENFp or ESFp, i dont think so but yeah, bipolar seems to be slapped on other people like EIEs too, cuz too much Fe Ne can seem like mania (and in a way it is, i think Fe is correlated to that and 7s often dabble in Fe hidden agendas, which can make them seem similar (or makes 2s similar 7s) to 2s)

TIM
    LIE-3Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible. I'm an LIE strong Te subtype, and I have bipolar 2. This would go along with your claim, but at the same time, I still kind of doubt that there's any sort of real statistical connection.

TIM
    LII 9w1 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a genuine question: What do you mean by bipolar? How do you define it?

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wesleh00 I mean diagnosed with it by a doctor.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have moderate to severe mental illness and psychological problems, but wow, this thread was really before I had any understanding of socionics. I went into socionics doubting my type and kind of doubting what I said while neglecting to say I doubted it, but well, damn, I've said some stupid things.

TIM
    EII sp/so 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you still think what u said could be true though?