3 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jesus, he's so gay he makes me look like an intimidating masculine straight business man with lots of Te. It's so flaming I need to be doused.

Not EIE. If he were EIE, he'd get under your skin better and openly challenge people more, even if he were still effeminate and camped up. He's way too fluffy and airy and squee!

Do you have a more grounded interview where he isn't being so gay, so I can see how authentic he is with this persona is vs. how much he's doing it as a business/marketing gimmick.

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him haha. I do find him extra at times but I'm subbed and he's one of my favorite beauty gurus on youtube. Yeah I'm easily entertained. He actually has the largest fanbase I think, 16million followers, so I'm surprised he's not more familiar to you all

Umm I'm not good at picking videos but this one's before he got famous. Is that what you meant?

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His video on organizing things... J type

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he talks like those ESTJ people that make videos on how to be a ESTJ on youtube.
    can someone shoot him pls

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m familiar with him but typing YouTube celebrities is hard when so many of them pretend to be Fe or Ne dominant.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's a P type

I don't see much Fe
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess a lot of youtuber do some intentional acting in their videos, and we spectators easily confuse or demonstrative, mobilization or role functions with ego functions.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I guess a lot of youtuber do some intentional acting in their videos, and we spectators easily confuse or demonstrative, mobilization or role functions with ego functions.
    Yes. Sometimes, I think that the make-believe breaks down a bit in lively group settings. Especially since one's quadra values and strong functions come out SO much more, too. Ironically, Youtubers will act times ten for an imaginary audience beyond the camera than when they ease into a setting with more people around. Maybe because it simulates a more natural environment than staring into a lens with a script.

As in here, James' cheery Fe base really comes out in dialogue with Kylie and it's clear that it's the default mode

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His style of Fe is reminiscent of ESE - constantly gushing positivity. He also seems stereotypically SF and focused on the sensory world so ESE > EIE. Pretty clear Alpha.

I find him really, really annoying.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching the video with Kylie, he's actually pretty lovely... way more relaxed and less hyper, yeah, that's more bearable

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes. Sometimes, I think that the make-believe breaks down a bit in lively group settings.
    Ok, he shows 4D , but he's most likely a E-3 ESE then, and I prefer having E-2 (or E-9) ESE people around me... I perceive a lot of E-3 ESE as annoying.
    (I tend to get along better with E-3 logical types than E-3 ethical types.)
    Last edited by WinnieW; 05-01-2019 at 10:47 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And in comes Tati with (some kind of SO stack):

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in comes Tati with (some kind of SO stack):

I saw...people are so ridiculous. I feel kinda bad for james b/c the whole 'beauty community' is so toxic and SJW-ish and will flip out over the tiniest, most irrelevant shit. Plus mob mentality, bandwagoning, blah blah...it's easy/fun to jump on the hate train when everyone else is doing it. People are pathetic.

Also also we think alike. I too pegged Tati as potential Fi leading, could be EII. Also thought about ESI even though I dun like her

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Moou I feel similar, the drama is kind of weird and over the top. On either side somehow, huge chaos. Not enough time in the world to dissect everything, all I know is: James wasn't exactly tactful and humble while Tati sounds like an entitled conservative parent

Which brings us back to socionics... I think it can explain where the friction comes from. Classic quadra value conflict: Tati wanted James to show integrity over emotional affect ( over ). I also get the feeling she wanted him to be grateful for the deals and knowledge that got him started/productive ( + self-pres) and the affection ( again)? She might be Enneagram 2.

Tati might either be SX last or simply be offended by the more crass statements/power craving and opinions that generalize more rather than viewpoints that cater to the many options of . ESI was also a first thought though I think there isn't much sensing going on other than her expecting comfortable rather than bold interactions ( over ). I think we can anticipate a much more aggressive approach by Jeffree Star, I'm sure he will post a take on it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sexual predator

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Moou I feel similar, the drama is kind of weird and over the top. On either side somehow, huge chaos. Not enough time in the world to dissect everything, all I know is: James wasn't exactly tactful and humble while Tati sounds like an entitled conservative parent

Which brings us back to socionics... I think it can explain where the friction comes from. Classic quadra value conflict: Tati wanted James to show integrity over emotional affect ( over ). I also get the feeling she wanted him to be grateful for the deals and knowledge that got him started/productive ( + self-pres) and the affection ( again)? She might be Enneagram 2.

Tati might either be SX last or simply be offended by the more crass statements/power craving and opinions that generalize more rather than viewpoints that cater to the many options of . ESI was also a first thought though I think there isn't much sensing going on other than her expecting comfortable rather than bold interactions ( over ). I think we can anticipate a much more aggressive approach by Jeffree Star, I'm sure he will post a take on it.
    Oh I thought of enneagram 2 as well, it's a perfect fit but I wasn't sure since I'm not really good at that. One of the reasons why enneagram 2's are manipulative is b/c they will withdraw their support from someone if they don't get what they want, which seems to be exactly the case here. Tati is also extremely good at working an audience. Second guess would be e-6. I think a lot of the allegations were that he didn't seem to value their relationship as a priority, which does seem Fi vs Fe conflict. On the topic of EII vs ESI, she seems to have a stronger willpower/presence/endurance that could be ESI... not really sure though. I think you've got her type nailed for the most part

Tati needs to be careful, she's not so innocent either we know she sells overpriced gummy bear placebos for a living. We're onto her

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    sexual predator
    Ohh what passes for "literal harassment" these days. hardly. Whatever he's done is forgivable. Meanwhile youtubers are out here drugging and raping women at parties, taking advantage of their underage fans for nude pictures and yet here we are discussing james being ~a predator~ for being flirtatious with straight men He's a teenager who blew up in the past couple of years and let the power get to his head, and made a few mistakes. Did you expect him to be a morally immaculate saint?

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha extravert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This situation is so annoying to me, people are acting like he killed someone.
    What he did to Tati sucks and I wish he hadn't done it, their relationship always seemed very one sided with Tati constantly gushing over him and his palette and him never mentioning Halo, it was uncomfortable to watch.
    And that apology video is plain stupid, how did he think it was a good idea to upload that?
    But everything else is a big load of nothing blown way out of proportion.
    Sexual predator for being flirtatious and for calling bullshit on 'straight' men who at some point were gay enough to cuddle with him and clearly like him/benefit from him enough to stay in contact?

Anyways, I would say ESE.
    Always seemed ESFx to me but think Gamma is out of question, EIE is possible but doesn't seem right. His Se is a little difficult for me to place.

Tati always seemed like a 3w2 to me more than a 2 but sp/so and 6 fixed, no clue about Socionics,always thought of her as Si/Ne though.

I'm sad, I've been liking James' videos lately, who knows how long until he comes back.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    This situation is so annoying to me, people are acting like he killed someone.
    What he did to Tati sucks and I wish he hadn't done it, their relationship always seemed very one sided with Tati constantly gushing over him and his palette and him never mentioning Halo, it was uncomfortable to watch.
    And that apology video is plain stupid, how did he think it was a good idea to upload that?
    But everything else is a big load of nothing blown way out of proportion.
    Sexual predator for being flirtatious and for calling bullshit on 'straight' men who at some point were gay enough to cuddle with him and clearly like him/benefit from him enough to stay in contact?

Anyways, I would say ESE.
    Always seemed ESFx to me but think Gamma is out of question, EIE is possible but doesn't seem right. His Se is a little difficult for me to place.

Tati always seemed like a 3w2 to me more than a 2 but sp/so and 6 fixed, no clue about Socionics,always thought of her as Si/Ne though.

I'm sad, I've been liking James' videos lately, who knows how long until he comes back.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I liked to resurrect the old threads, but I have to say that I am surprised to see that this guy is still out there. There was a moment when everyone was unfollowing him for some reason, which was so relieving.
    But apparently, he managed to stay afloat. I think he got roasted for promoting some canceled products or something. I stopped watching him since I got into http://www.nwcollege.edu. They explained to me that many things he says in his videos are just not true, and something that works for him in terms of skincare might not work for everyone else.
    Last edited by textilexst; 06-24-2022 at 06:03 PM.