Thread: Do you enjoy reading what your dual posts on the forum?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you enjoy reading what your dual posts on the forum?

Does duality work in text communication? I'm aware that the general answer will be "I like posts written by different types", but have you noticed anything special about posts made by posters of your dual type? Have they ever led you to any "aha!" moments or "I have never thought about it this way" discoveries, any feelings of surprise or amazement? Or do your dual's posts not stand for you in any special way?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is hard to say since I don't know how accurate people's typings on here are and i tend to not take them for granted unless it's an old timer who's type i'm sure of or if it's too obvious then i'd accept it.

IRL, to which i can speak, yes, i do enjoy message exchanges with duals. I also enjoy text/messages by identicals (they make sense) and mirrors. Activity I haven't thought much about.
    Last edited by Delilah; 09-23-2017 at 07:46 AM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Text is too limited and formal imo. Duality shows itself best when just doing everyday stuff together. Then it beats everything.

I can have difficulties following the thoughts of ILE. It's easier with LII.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is one Fi base girl on socioforum with sweet talking style (where she expresses emotionality and is not anger). And 2 other possible base Fi which talk terribly there, lol
    Also one EII dude which talks borigly, but softly, - generally ok.

Some of those Fi base may don't like my talking style. That "sweet" one says that I have terrible temper (as it's a forum where she does not see me completely, and I argue there a lot, including with her).

So you need to take into account non-types factors. Preferbly always and anywhere. As the Jung's type is only a one of significant factors to be pleasant for people.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

What Duals.

This forum is strongly lacking in active SLEs.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually indenticals make sense on the forum. but what ESIs post are usually interesting as well. I am unable to judge them as I judge other people

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Does duality work in text communication? I'm aware that the general answer will be "I like posts written by different types", but have you noticed anything special about posts made by posters of your dual type?
    Historically SEIs and ESEs have been good at keeping the forum atmosphere light, this is a nice balance to the general tendency to have heated arguments etc.

Have they ever led you to any "aha!" moments or "I have never thought about it this way" discoveries, any feelings of surprise or amazement?
    Usually this is not how duality works for me, even IRL - although I did experience this with the video @Aylen posted of an ESE vegan Youtuber. The way she was talking about approaching diet was very useful to me since it is based on being aware of your mental and emotional needs.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    usually indenticals make sense on the forum. but what ESIs post are usually interesting as well. I am unable to judge them as I judge other people
    Generally speaking, Identicals and Mirrors make perfect sense to me on the forum. With other types, there are varying degrees of mis-communication. There are, of course, differences in understanding even within types, based on the individuals themselves.
    @Zero, I agree with you that I am unable to judge ESI's on the forum as I judge other types, or even to clearly understand them, while in real life, I get along with them very well.

I have worked with two ESI's for several years, and I keep expecting them to turn into bitter enemies, but that hasn't happened. In fact, they seem to like me more as time goes by. I feel like I get along fairly well with all the ESI's I know IRL. I can only conclude that there is some fundamental difference between interactions on the forum and in real life, at least with respect to the LIE-ESI duality.

Still, I do find my dual's posts to be very interesting to read.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily. In fact, duality over the net is kind of crappy. Duality shines when people are face to face.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Assuming commonly accepted typings are true, then it highly varies and they aren't on the whole any more or less special than the posts of other types. I get the most "aha" and "wow" reactions from posts from some (not all) inxx types usually.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    What Duals.

lol that's what you get for being IEI

but didn't you say that duals live in two different worlds in your blog? if a personality forum is in the IEI's world, wouldn't that mean it'd be rare to see an SLE there?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No identicals are the best with communication, IRL too, duals are good for support IRL.

In general ESIs get coupled with ILIs IRL anyway.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is bit hard to decipher.
    Mirage is also very tricky.
    The need for creative IE does not communicate well over the text.
    Semi-dual? Yes, somewhat.
    I can follow, supervisee, super-ego and supervisor. It can be bit hard to respond to your supervisee. Usually the lack of PoLR is not so drastic online unless it is pushed but other party.
    Kindred, maybe, if we give each other some leeway.
    Benefactor/beneficiary. Hmmm, yeah but it can be bit critical.
    Contrary? Yes, mostly.
    Conflict. Ha. It is not terrible. Actually there is something weird going on as the sense of humor can be bit appreciative towards each other. It is bit similar with supervisee.
    Mirror, yeah..
    Quasi-identical. Motivations are very different. Logic is usually easy to follow.
    Identity: yesss.
    Activity: sometimes good sometimes bit inane.
    Business? Hmm... viewpoints differ but we stay sane from conversational POV.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, not really. There are some few moments I had said "aha" moments with a dual's post (one I remember most clearly was I think the thread about ESE-LSI relationships and their outlook/planning future+how they view money issues, though it was by having output from both an ESE and some LSIs plus LIIs) but compared to other types and the times their posts made me have mini "ooh" "aha" moments, there isn't such a gap between them.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

On forums - no. It's too diffuse to catch my attention and I get a sense people aren't always being themselves. In private chats it has been revealing sometimes, but again hit-or-miss as a lot of non-verbal information is missing. Most notable have been boosts on the HA which would made me think about certain issues differently and bolstered my self-confidence for weeks and even months. I've also heard feedback that whatever I was saying at the moment was something crucial that they needed to hear, while I was really confused about what was so special about what I've said. Though I think you need to spend some time together and engage in some common activities for the full effect to take place.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    lol that's what you get for being IEI

but didn't you say that duals live in two different worlds in your blog? if a personality forum is in the IEI's world, wouldn't that mean it'd be rare to see an SLE there?
    Yeah, pretty much. I don't meet my Dual when I just live my life. I'd have to get out of my way to meet them, for the most part. Maybe this "issue" is especially pronounced in ESxx-INxx Duality. ESxx people are usually "out there" living life, whereas INxx people are in their own little bubble, unless they are Creative subtype and/or really trying to engage the outside world. ESxx people on personality forums are quite rare. You'll have more luck meeting an ENxx.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What does it mean when i just enjoy my own posts?

Narcissism

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whereas INxx people are in their own little bubble
    though I agree with what you said, could you do me a favor and refrain from using such a belittling analogies? I'm kinda arrogant if you don't know
    Also, I have seen some who don't mind being referred to as "victims", personally I find the word hard to swallow as it implies weakness, so either they're weird or I'm so arrogant

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    What does it mean when i just enjoy my own posts?

Narcissism

considering you're the only possible SEE here, I'd say I do enjoy reading my dual's posts even though one is not enough as a sample size

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bertrand wtv he was <3

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    considering you're the only possible SEE here, I'd say I do enjoy reading my dual's posts even though one is not enough as a sample size
    Aww i love you? What if i only read.. I mean i don't really read long posts lols that's probably why i don't know how to answer this xD

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    Bertrand wtv he was <3
    Yes. Where's my bae? We've been like had a relationship for one day, now he's gone.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looooooool no, only a couple of the LIIs, LSIs, SEIs, and ILIs.

What Duals.

They're all self-typing as IEIs.

This is also a disservice to millions of IEEs, ESEs, EIIs, and ILEs. They're mostly absent here. None of you pixies salivate when one of them falls into the water.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post

They're all self-typing as IEIs.

This is also a disservice to millions of IEEs, ESEs, EIIs, and ILEs. They're mostly absent here. None of you pixies salivate when one of them falls into the water.
    Ha never came across an SLE self-typing as IEI before. That's like an LSE self-typing as EII... Or an IEI self-typing as SLE. Not gonna happen.

There is a good little bunch of active Delta NFs here. I'd agree that ESEs are virtually non-existent in Typology forums (together with LSEs). And ILEs are rare but present and not too active here mostly.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Notably absent, my duals (as well as my beloved mirage partners) appeal and entice through charming invisibility. I am continuously challenged to play Sherlock. I think that keeps me on my toes. Since they are busy lurking I can only guess what they think of my posts vice versa I try to lure them out of their cozy caves and dark basements with generally bizarre and eccentric things, and when they post I enjoy it. As a connoisseur of their gently reserved characters I keep a keen eye on them liking my posts and continue investigating.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Historically SEIs and ESEs have been good at keeping the forum atmosphere light, this is a nice balance to the general tendency to have heated arguments etc.

Usually this is not how duality works for me, even IRL - although I did experience this with the video @Aylen posted of an ESE vegan Youtuber. The way she was talking about approaching diet was very useful to me since it is based on being aware of your mental and emotional needs.

She reminded me of my ESE so/sx sister. Cheerleader vibe. I didn't guess at the girl's instincts but there were just certain things about her that made me think ESE, and maybe so/sx, on first impression. Like seconds into the first video I saw. I don't feel she has the stress of maintaining her health and body like an sp first might and she doesn't seem sx last.

My sister is not as outspoken about her love of food but I swear if she isn't doing something (all the time) she is eating something and I don't know where she puts it. She is very particular about what she eats and has been since she was an infant. So weird how it all makes sense looking back. She was unable to digest milk and they had to give her a substitute since she would cry for hours at a time until they figured out the issue. I remember the shrill crying driving me crazy even though I felt bad for her. She would turn red and get rigid like something was torturing her. Nothing could quiet her until they changed her baby diet. I think she was only 2 or 3 months old when it started and lasted a couple of months at least. My mom said none of us had that condition but her. So, yeah she is very particular about food and how it makes her feel.

Also, how the girl said her Si is intuitive. My sister also intuits things through her body which is a different kind of "intuition" through sensing. My EII sister picked up on this tendency of the ESE to intuit through the body and tells her to listen to her body more. She seems to take suggestions from the EII a bit better and I feel like she is more comfortable talking with my EII sister than me. I don't even know which intertype they are. I think mirage but they have similar interests in health and comfort. I remember not long ago she tried to tell me I needed to go gluten free and how she felt much better after eliminating it from her diet. Sent me a bunch of articles that I never read. In my mind the youtuber can only be ESE.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen yep. "Intuition" could be colloquially used to describe pretty much any IM element other than logic.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other IEIs give me the oh yeahhhh moments and SLEs the hm! moments, but the latter is rare because they don't really write a lot
    IEIs usually understand me and verbalize exactly what i'm looking for when i ask certain types of questions

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Does duality work in text communication? I'm aware that the general answer will be "I like posts written by different types", but have you noticed anything special about posts made by posters of your dual type? Have they ever led you to any "aha!" moments or "I have never thought about it this way" discoveries, any feelings of surprise or amazement? Or do your dual's posts not stand for you in any special way?

This does not normally happen with my dual on this forum. Its usually LII that will give me the "Aha!" moments in socionics.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, so good

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    This does not normally happen with my dual on this forum. Its usually LII that will give me the "Aha!" moments in socionics.
    LIIs are objectively the best Socionics posters tbh, need more
    never gets into useless drama
    never rants about their life or goes on long boring anecdotes on their sex life
    actual insight and wisdom and stuff, an ability to stay on topic bc rational