Thread: Type me based on this philosophical questionnaire.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Type me based on this philosophical questionnaire.

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
    Depends on various factors such as the consequences. If failing at something has a significantly adverse effect on you or the people around you, it's not worth doing is and not attempting it would have definitely been the better option. I suppose what should also be taken into consideration is your self-evaluation with respect to your ability to do the thing in question. Measure the repercussions of failing at it against the expected utility of successfully completing it. Basically determine if it's worth the risk. It's silly to do something just because you can.

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
    I can't really think of anything in particular that I would like to change about the world. I'm not really concerned with that, anyway. I'm more interested in how I can survive in it. I'm not going to change anything about the world and you can't expect it to be perfectly suitable to you.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
    The only things I cannot control are luck and circumstances, and even then, you can still account for those factors in your plans or steps of action. A good example is when you want to catch a bus and you leave relatively early so that you're not hindered by any unforeseen events or obstacles. I don't believe in fate. It's a nice trope for books, films and TV shows.

4. What happens after we die?
    We cease to exist and the world moves on. What you do when you're alive determines your posthumous impact. Most people are forgotten entirely after a couple of generations.

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
    I think people should care more about doing the right thing. You can do something really bad but still do it right technically. There are efficient ways to commit lots of atrocious acts. Even if you fail trying to do the right thing, at least your intentions are good and you're on the right path.

6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
    I wouldn't give any advice, let them discover the world for themselves and allow them to form their own conclusions and opinions.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
    When someone starts experimenting with people instead of ideas or objects, I suppose.

8. What is true happiness?
    I don't think there is such a thing. There will always be flaws, issues, problems, deficiencies, etc. Life is an eternal ladder. I suppose in an ideal world, true happiness is simply when everything is going perfectly for you and there are no obstacles or hindrances.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
    A lot of things. Some of them my own limitations and weaknesses, some just circumstances.

10. What makes you, you?
    That's a complex question to answer. I think everyone has a set or combination of distinguishing tendencies or characteristics that are unique to them. But I feel the real answer is much more profound and abstract.

11. What is the truth?
    That which can be verified.

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
    I think white lies are not okay more often than not because sooner or later, somehow the person from whom the information is being withhold is going to stumble upon the truth and whatever emotion or reaction the dishonest guy had wanted to be mitigated would probably just intensify.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
    By verifying them with facts, logic, and my eyes.

14. What makes a good friend?
    Someone who helps you without any ulterior motive. Someone who accepts you for who you are.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
    I don't know, I've never felt that way. I'd be more worried about not getting it in the first place.

16. Who decides what morality is?
    Some people feel the need to dictate their perception of morality on other people and they're cunts. No one should decide what some universal morality is.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
    You're living when you're just existing. You're not dead. You're alive when you're appreciating the fact that you're living.

18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
    Lol, most people would say that's one of the worse attributes a person can have and I don't really disagree. A wrong act if I understand what the question is getting at is never okay regardless, but if a person can do it without anyone else knowing about it, he's potentially dangerous.

19. Is there a reason to life?
    No, it's up to you to discover any meaning. We're just organisms on a planet. There is no inherent reason. You're just trying to make the most of your life.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
    By talking to them and seeing if you feel the same way about something. It's not completely the same of course, or we'll be robots.

21. What is true strength?
    Exercising your will and overcoming your obstacles.

22. What is true love?
    I don't really know.

23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
    To some extent, I guess. Families will never die, but I suppose the concept has diminished over time.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
    Honour is a way of life, a lifestyle choice and a way of approaching things. I don't think it's taken seriously in the contemporary world.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
    If you're valuing your current circumstances, sure. It depends on how you feel about it, doesn't matter if some spoiled rich kid laughs at you.

26. How should people live their lives?
    I don't care. People can live however they want.

27. How much control do you have over your life?
    Almost all of it. There are factors such as luck and chance but you're mostly in control of everything to do with your life.

28. What is freedom?
    When you're free to pursue whatever you want. You don't have to fulfill some criteria or do something you don't enjoy. There are no restrictions or bounds. Time is an open space and you can decide how you want to fill all of it.

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
    Sure, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to ignore whatever atrocities they might have committed.

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
    It's a balanced mixture of both, don't care to investigate any further.

31. What defines you?
    What I believe, what I want, and what I do. I guess that's technically three but hey, this is a philosophical questionnaire. Also, your experiences and how you've emerged from them.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
    Use whatever they've been enlightened with. Otherwise, what's the point.

33. Do we have a soul?
    No, but I like to think of it as this vacuum depicting the inherent meaninglessness of existence.

34. What is intelligence?
    When your knowledge of something is enough to make you confident about its application.

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
    I prefer to make my own decisions because they are my decisions to make. If you let someone else make your decision for you, maybe the decision being made doesn't really concern you or matter all that much.

36. What is reality?
    What you can touch, see, hear, taste, and feel.

37. Is trust more important than love?
    Yes, love can be motivated by things more insidious, even if the person does not know it. Trust is pure.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
    At least in my experience, it's easier to be loved. I rarely feel that sort of genuine affection for someone else.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
    The latter I suppose, because there's no pain involved. I think it depends.

40. Do aliens exist?
    I don't know.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Bookmarked
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    I too will bookmark this page and if anyone ever desires to read something that defines INTp I will show them this and explain that this is a repeat of the same question, posed in a different way, posed because the question is more desirable than any answer because the answer is self evident before the question and therefore vacuous as the soul.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Thank you.
    I too will bookmark this page and if anyone ever desires to read something that defines INTp I will show them this and explain that this is a repeat of the same question, posed in a different way, posed because the question is more desirable than any answer because the answer is self evident before the question and therefore vacuous as the soul.
    Alright lol, I got a little dramatic with the question about souls, although I think such a concept wasn't altogether undeserving of such a response, but do you really think I'm an ILI based on the overall content?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Alright lol, I got a little dramatic with the question about souls, although I think such a concept wasn't altogether undeserving of such a response, but do you really think I'm an ILI based on the overall content?
    No, I was joking every time I answered this question previously.

To clarify. I feel you don't really want the answer, so I am now supplying you with more doubt.
    Last edited by Smilex; 04-24-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    No, I was joking every time I answered this question previously.
    Sorry, I still don't get you. Were you just taking the piss out of the questionnaire? About how repetitive some questions were, maybe?

@Smilex, what makes you think I don't want an answer lol? I've posted four questionnaires with the intention of ascertaining my type. If anything, it's just desperation now.
    Last edited by Phantom; 04-24-2019 at 08:31 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry, I still don't get you. Were you just taking the piss out of the questionnaire? About how repetitive some questions were, maybe?

@Smilex, what makes you think I don't want an answer lol? I've posted four questionnaires with the intention of ascertaining my type. If anything, it's just desperation now.
    I have a question

“16. Who decides what morality is?
    Some people feel the need to dictate their perception of morality on other people and they're cunts. No one should decide what some universal morality is.”

Why not?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

When I was new here you were the first person to read my long introductory post and determined I was IEI based on writing style. That thread is deleted but I remembered you since my first socionics test result was ILI. Reading your posts along with the ILI descriptions, at the time, allowed me to see ILI didn't fit as well. I assumed you were ILI although I don't think I saw you mention it anywhere. It was your writing style and how you picked up some things others completely missed. Now I see you joined the same month and year as me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I have a question

“16. Who decides what morality is?
    Some people feel the need to dictate their perception of morality on other people and they're cunts. No one should decide what some universal morality is.”

Why not?
    I was basically saying that I don't believe in some universal code of ethics that everyone should follow, and it shouldn't be decided by an individual who doesn't necessarily have the best interests of everyone in mind. Even if the intentions are good, morality is so complex and there are so many people that they'll just fail to accommodate everyone. Of course there are things like crime but I think that's self-evident. I guess I'm referring to more nuanced aspects. I'm just annoyed by people who assume they know the right way to live and preach it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t see ILI
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see ILI
    What are you leaning towards?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

record a video with this questionnaire

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What are you leaning towards?
    Logic
    Freedom who wants it more?
    What are your ethics?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are oriented to MY ethics

“12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
    I think white lies are not okay more often than not because sooner or later, somehow the person from whom the information is being withhold is going to stumble upon the truth and whatever emotion or reaction the dishonest guy had wanted to be mitigated would probably just intensify. “

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1329981
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE final type
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE final type
    Why do you think Si is in my ego?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why do you think Si is in my ego?
    Yes by way of ruling something out. I see here negativist dichotomy

I don't think there is such a thing. There will always be flaws, issues, problems, deficiencies, etc. Life is an eternal ladder. I suppose in an ideal world, true happiness is simply when everything is going perfectly for you and there are no obstacles or hindrances.”
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes by way of ruling something out. I see here negativist dichotomy

I don't think there is such a thing. There will always be flaws, issues, problems, deficiencies, etc. Life is an eternal ladder. I suppose in an ideal world, true happiness is simply when everything is going perfectly for you and there are no obstacles or hindrances.”
    Alright, but LSE is not the only negativist Logical type. Can you elaborate on how you specifically arrived at that type and possibly why you see Te and Si as my ego functions?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alright, but LSE is not the only negativist Logical type. Can you elaborate on how you specifically arrived at that type and possibly why you see Te and Si as my ego functions?
    Concrete facts time.

Link me to the other questionnaire that you made
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concrete facts time.

Link me to the other questionnaire that you made
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...e-find-my-type

I’m going to sleep so I won’t be able to engage for a while. You can analyse the questionnaires in the meantime. Cheers.

EDIT: I'm back, in case that was discouraging anyone from replying.
    Last edited by Phantom; 04-25-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump