Thread: Visual Typing - Do people take on qualities of their parents, siblings or culture?

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH - How does it affect VI?

How does DCNH subtype affect VI - looks, speech, attitude?

Note: My original post was different but my question was answered and now this seems like the more relevant question to ask. This is why the first few responses quoted my first OP.
    Last edited by Volcana; 07-30-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're talking about the correlations of type with facial features, then yes those can vary somewhat with geography / ethnicity.

Then there are harder cases, like an ILE steroid user or an LIE addicted to cough syrup. Unless you are very lucky, at one point you will encounter some messed up people (pedophiles, Cluster B personalities). Assessing their types can present challenges.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

cultures should not change nonverbal behavior related to types
    with worse typing skills - the more mb messed with factors not relating to types, as you worse trained to pay the attention where you should. so to type people of other countries mb harder - they may give lesser clear type, but it's low possibly you'll be typing them to other types with assurance because of culture differences

You are doubtful to be IEI. EIE or ILI - it's what I suspect. You have other talking style. IEI are more messy and more m.. easier - more remind me kids.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people who have had trouble finding what they need do carry themselves differently. I don't know if I would have to tools to narrow that "look" down to specifically what you described.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 07-27-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
    I appreciate the VI method, and find it incredibly important. I've studied those methods to determine type - because we can tell all the stories we want ourselves, but the body can't lie.

Still, there is a range of manifestations within each type. A lot of things account for this: subtype, enneagram etc. But I'm wondering if there's also something cultural here. For example I'm an IEI who grew up in a loud, arguing Jewish family with an SLE father in a fast-paced area near New York City, so I am on the faster & more energetic range of the type, though there are still some faster & more energetic than me (like core 7s).

I have seen this in other people too - features of their parents, family or society show through (even if they perfectly fit their type category).

This is not a problem because these people's gestures still fit their category, thus they are typable through VI. But then I see people who just... don't seem to fit anywhere. Some of the examples I'm thinking of have parents that are in different quadras than themselves and each other, or environments where their personality makeup was not a good fit. For example a 378 SEE in a small slow town, a SEI 954 in a fast moving city.

Are there environmental factors that can throw off a typing? I know these factors can affect one's self image and lead to many mistypes. My question is: Does this show through visually?
    unless u live in chernobyl i dont think theres visual implication towards type through environment lel

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    with worse typing skills - the more mb messed with factors not relating to types, as you worse trained to pay the attention where you should. so to type people of other countries mb harder - they may give lesser clear type, but it's low possibly you'll be typing them to other types with assurance because of culture differences

You are doubtful to be IEI. EIE or ILI - it's what I suspect. You have other talking style. IEI are more messy and more m.. easier - more remind me kids.
    Messy talking or writing style is a huge characteristic of mine. It's been so problematic because I had visions of novels to impart and couldn't write a neat structured sentence or story, too much rambling. I've spent more than 10 years praciting writing either in novels or formus 10-15 hours a day so I could form complete sentences. Wait for the video you'll see the rambling & the childlike. I hate it and wish I was EIE but I know exactly what you're talking about with style and this is exactly why I type as IEI

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    IMO what you suggest might be 'just cultural' can be traced typologically. for instance, you claim C DCNH, and one of C's fixations (overall... gearing) is Se. "fast, energetic, [other words you said]" = Se.

at least, it works for you. i'm not sure others evidences are so clear-cut (Se is most immediate, concrete, of the 'functions'). there's also the fact C boosts your own Se by C boosting the Seeking function, which may be why its so evident for you.
    This makes perfect sense. Thank you! C DCNH is very obvious with me and it explains this well.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Yeah I agree with this about worse typing skills. I'm actually pretty damn good at picking out types. ;D I tried not to think about it in terms of my own attraction and responses, but I was able to guess most of the groups in your IR test (once I did think about it, after I was done with my own responses). I understand what you mean. I think I was responding to a subtype of a person I wasn't used to. For instance as @crAck mentioned, my issue can be explained by creative subtype; same goes for the people I was thinking of

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha
    Attachment 13632