Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unemployment

How does this work? can someone tell me?

A colleague just suggested I need to ask my principal (who is quite unapproachable so I am dreading it) for a " letter for unemployment!" not that this one-year temp position is over. But if I was hired for one year, can I still collect unemployment when the year is up? I have never collected unemployment, but I could sure use it. Can anyone inform or advise?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bump

I know nothing about this, sorry, but https://www.usa.gov/unemployment

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason, you should talk to a tax attorney who knows about this. Or call your state unemployment bureau. They should be able to give you some advice.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Unemployment

You sit in your underwear and watch TV all day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

A colleague just suggested I need to ask my principal (who is quite unapproachable so I am dreading it) for a " letter for unemployment!" not that this one-year temp position is over. But if I was hired for one year, can I still collect unemployment when the year is up? I have never collected unemployment, but I could sure use it. Can anyone inform or advise?
    @Eliza Thomason

You pretty much go to the unemployment office and apply.

You have to report to them on a weekly basis and prove to them that you're sending in resumes and applying for jobs. This is proof to them that you're trying your best to get a job

While this is going on they send you checks $$$. Here @ my state its around $300-$400/week

I was denied benefits because I was terminated for disciplinary action (fuckers lol)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    You sit in your underwear and watch TV all day.
    LOLOLOL

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Every state is different Eliza I would go to your state’s website and check the legality of it all
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Remember to argue like a lawyer not as a lay man, meaning what is considered “legal” is different than “moral”

For example

The word “reasonable” in legal terms is something that has been presented, documented, and agreed upon in a conversation that is also recorded and documented over a period of time where as “reasonable” in laymen terms is very personal and subjective and often not documented in a conversation
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-19-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Call your local unemployment office and ask them what you need to do. Make sure you explain relevant parts of your situation (are you asking for unemployment now or for later mainly) before asking questions.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for advice. I will use it. Someone told me to get a letter of release from temporary employment, so I requested and got that. Hopefully it's what I need. Next comes calling that office... I am still wrapping things up from school. It seems like it has been non-stop morning to night 24/7 since September and it STILL IS while I wrap things up... but at least I can be proud of what I accomplished..

I had a supervisor this year that zoned in on me. A Narcissist bully LSI. The LSI part I could see our differing Renins at work. The bully part was clear in areas where we had same Renins and he was doing things to bother me he would not have like done to himself. All of us under his thumb of authority just did what we were told. Very micromanaging. It felt like all year I was carrying a huge tray of things, and could barely see in font of me, and was in a hurry, and he would be sitting on the sidelines, leaning back, smirking, and when I'd walk by he'd stick his foot out so I would trip and drop everything and while I was picking it all up he'd be writing up a report that I was doing my job clumsy. That is what it felt like. All year. But I kept going and doing my best anyway. But, I am tired now. After I do all the things I have to do I need to sit in the sunshine, work in the yard, walk on a beach, and tidy my house, and none of that in a hurry. And order tests from my naturopath to find out exactly what I need to feel great again.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"