Could khcs be a bot?
    No, he responded to me.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the big problem for dementia joe the creepy molester and kamala poop for brains harris aka queen of the bag ladies that the democratic party aka identity politic cesspool perpetually has is NO VISION. Dementia Joe and Kamala Harris have zero vision. They're just run of the meal piecemeal shit-kickers. Trump at least has a vision for lessening our economic dependence on China, bringing manufacturing jobs back into the country and overall America for America. He's also got the Wall. Biden and Harris are two shitkickers. They have no vision whatsoever. They're just a couple of pandering pinheads...that's it though. Biden obviously picked Harris because he's such a formulaic Te/Si, 'oh blacks are in an uproar' i'd better pick a so-called "black" candidate so I can tap into the energy of the BLM jobless bums "revolution", have nothing better to do than scapegoat the entire institution of law enforcement and White America for George Floyd's death and even black-on-black crime

I drove through half the country this past week. let me say this, there's no biden-harris signs anywhere along the long stretch of highway but a lot of trump-pence signs.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    the big problem for dementia joe the creepy molester and kamala poop for brains harris aka queen of the bag ladies that the democratic party aka identity politic cesspool perpetually has is NO VISION. Dementia Joe and Kamala Harris have zero vision. They're just run of the meal piecemeal shit-kickers. Trump at least has a vision for lessening our economic dependence on China, bringing manufacturing jobs back into the country and overall America for America. He's also got the Wall. Biden and Harris are two shitkickers. They have no vision whatsoever. They're just a couple of pandering pinheads...that's it though. Biden obviously picked Harris because he's such a formulaic Te/Si, 'oh blacks are in an uproar' i'd better pick a so-called "black" candidate so I can tap into the energy of the BLM jobless bums "revolution", have nothing better to do than scapegoat the entire institution of law enforcement and White America for George Floyd's death and even black-on-black crime

I drove through half the country this past week. let me say this, there's no biden-harris signs anywhere along the long stretch of highway but a lot of trump-pence signs.
    after 4 years of this obviously libshit corporate puppet with half his family married into the fold, no wall and this: the United States admitted a total of 1.18 million legal immigrants (618k new arrivals, 565k status adjustments) in 2016. ... Since then, the number of first-generation immigrants living in the United States has quadrupled.

you'd still vote for the fucker? I guess there is o real choice, but the mindset itself makes me question just what kind of "extremist" you really are. e_e sounded like a basic bitch republican.

word on the interwebz is that the DNC was Alpha quadra production level cringe-worthy funny shit.
    Last edited by SGF; 08-19-2020 at 10:00 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    my posts here were so extreme. i'm developing an inner extremism problem and that's not right or fair to either of you @End and @Eliza Thomason. it's not even honest. it's like some ugly head rearing up, tending towards the strongest language possible.
    Perhaps you're noticing a problem you and many others have. So many people I declare as my enemy do objectively good things. They donate to legitimate charities, they bother to visit their grandparents in the nursing home, they give to the homeless beggars who do more than just shamelessly tug at the heartstrings. I can go on and on.

Yet when it comes to things like abortion and the like their demonic obsessions become clear. I can and do agree that, most of the time, they're objectively great people as I define it. Yet I hit that one or several nerves and boom, I'm legit asking myself if I ought to call an exorcist. That's demonic obsession. That's how it works. Thankfully for those who suffer under it, the next few steps rarely come to pass. And may almighty God have mercy upon those who elect to willfully subjugate themselves to those powers...

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Perhaps you're noticing a problem you and many others have. So many people I declare as my enemy do objectively good things. They donate to legitimate charities, they bother to visit their grandparents in the nursing home, they give to the homeless beggars who do more than just shamelessly tug at the heartstrings. I can go on and on.

Yet when it comes to things like abortion and the like their demonic obsessions become clear. I can and do agree that, most of the time, they're objectively great people as I define it. Yet I hit that one or several nerves and boom, I'm legit asking myself if I ought to call an exorcist. That's demonic obsession. That's how it works. Thankfully for those who suffer under it, the next few steps rarely come to pass. And may almighty God have mercy upon those who elect to willfully subjugate themselves to those powers...
    Do you have a job?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a difference between being a genuinely decent person and a do-gooder, even if I don't put it in religious terms.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Bannon has been arrested for defrauding 'We Build The Wall' donors. The money was apparently used to fund Brian Kolfage's lavish lifestyle.

I'm just shocked that he wasn't arrested in connection with paedophilia-related shenanigans.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Steve Bannon has been arrested for defrauding 'We Build The Wall' donors. The money was apparently used to fund Brian Kolfage's lavish lifestyle.

I'm just shocked that he wasn't arrested in connection with paedophilia-related shenanigans.
    Steve Bannon looks ESE to me. It's a good thing that being stupid with money isn't a valid legal defense.

https://twitter.com/raylehmann/statu...69406118281217

After federal prosecutors charged President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser Steve Bannon with defrauding donors in a border wall fundraising campaign, Trump said he was not involved with the project and thought it was "very sad."

The guy in the twitter picture evidently was a Trump impersonator.

Uh oh. "Very sad" means no pardon for Banner boy.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-20-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Steve Bannon looks ESE to me. It's a good thing that being stupid with money isn't a valid legal defense.
    I think he's Ni-dom. Probably IEI.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. It's called demonic possession. Dumbass.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan Rice - ESTP Zhukov: Trump’s ‘Anti-Democratic Authoritarian’ Policies a Serious Threat to Democracy Link

Last edited by khcs; 08-20-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps you are noticing a problem you and others have (not me of course, I don't have this problem and have never ever done this), this problem where they speak "contemplatively" but fish for ways to emotionally manipulate other people? Once they strike a nerve they can use the reaction against the other person to both reinforce their perspectives and invalidate the other person's perspectives.

It's amazing how many people suffer from this problem and since most everyone has used this tactic at least once in life, it's a lot of people (not me though I'm such a saint as evidenced by my recent behavior), and if you've used it once that's enough and there may be someone I need to call... One of those professional TV nannies? I bet many of them are quite astute in these matters. I hooope it doesn't come to that because it's dreadful to need a professional nanny. It doesn't get that bad for most people, and there are more in need of these TV fix it people than available reality TV slots. But it's a dreadful phenomenon to be sure.

I feel like I'm spouting nonsense and failing at satire... Huh.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    perhaps you are noticing a problem you and others have (not me of course, I don't have this problem and have never ever done this), this problem where they speak "contemplatively" but fish for ways to emotionally manipulate other people? Once they strike a nerve they can use the reaction against the other person to both reinforce their perspectives and invalidate the other person's perspectives.

It's amazing how many people suffer from this problem and since most everyone has used this tactic at least once in life, it's a lot of people (not me though I'm such a saint as evidenced by my recent behavior), and if you've used it once that's enough and there may be someone I need to call... One of those professional TV nannies? I bet many of them are quite astute in these matters. I hooope it doesn't come to that because it's dreadful to need a professional nanny. It doesn't get that bad for most people, and there are more in need of these TV fix it people than available reality TV slots. But it's a dreadful phenomenon to be sure.

I feel like I'm spouting nonsense and failing at satire... Huh.
    I was trying to subtly explain how demonic obsession works. You do "good" things, objectively good things every day (and I commend you for that). Yet, when this one or two other thing comes up you defend to the death an objective evil. It's an obsession by the dictionary definition of the term. You can break free of it, but that requires you to admit that Christ loves you no matter how much you hate him... Sadly, I fear most people are willfully subjugating themselves to demonic forces. Or at least, anyone who is obviously "successful" as it were...

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to subtly explain how demonic obsession works. You do "good" things, objectively good things every day (and I commend you for that). Yet, when this one or two other thing comes up you defend to the death an objective evil. It's an obsession by the dictionary definition of the term. You can break free of it, but that requires you to admit that Christ loves you no matter how much you hate him... Sadly, I fear most people are willfully subjugating themselves to demonic forces. Or at least, anyone who is obviously "successful" as it were...
    What issues must one support in order to be demonically possessed?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ew. This is the kind of conversion stuff I don't like. Believe me, plenty of Christians have pestered me with this stuff and all act like they are the first as though in a country dominated by their religion I've never heard it before. I think you'd reach more people if you stopped trying to convert them. I'm not the only one that experiences it as a violation.

Also you still seem to be talking to someone else. I don't talk about my good deeds, I see myself as bad. I don't care about the "it's not your deeds that matter" in Christianity talk. Although, I would expect some alignment here, as generally a "relationship with God" that "surrenders to his will" should give an output of generally altruistic deeds in my estimation.

There are other religions on this planet. It's the arrogance of humanity that assumes only its faith is the "true" one. Since I see no one saying my religion is X, but the Truth is actually what those practitioners of religion Y believe, it seems this has more to do with human nature than it does with having found an "objective truth."

I don't feel like debating what the government should do about abortion with you.

Also btw I feel like I can make a much better argument for why I would be "demon possessed obsessed whatever" than this stuff lol. I also don't know why you feel it's so important to inform me about how demonic I am.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-21-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The US white majority will soon disappear forever Link

The proportion of whites in the U.S. population started to decline in 1950. It fell to gradually over the years, eventually reaching just over 60% in 2018 – the lowest percentage ever recorded.

Although the majority of the U.S. population today is still white, nonwhites account for more than half of the populations of Hawaii, the District of Columbia, California, New Mexico, Texas and Nevada. And, in the next 10 to 15 years, these half dozen “majority-minority” states will likely be joined by as many as eight other states where whites now make up less than 60% of the population.

In 2020, there are projected to be more nonwhite children than white children in the U.S. The nonwhite population is growing more rapidly than the white population.

Minorities accounted for 92% of the U.S. population growth between 2010 and 2018, with Latinos comprising just under half of the nation’s overall growth.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post

Enjoy your precious diversity in New Johannesburg or in Little Tijuana (also known as California).

Last edited by silke; 09-04-2020 at 04:23 AM. Reason: added NSFW spoilers

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I've been dismayed by politics for awhile now and wasn't going to vote, but hearing this coming from a teleprompter reading Biden sounds infinitely better than another four years of denying responsibility.

thoughts?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

Wow, I've been dismayed by politics for awhile now and wasn't going to vote, but hearing this coming from a teleprompter reading Biden sounds infinitely better than another four years of denying responsibility.

thoughts?
    You might not be one of the 40% of Americans who would still support Trump after he shoots 170,000 people in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, it sucks so f---ing hard that I can't vote in a US election.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post

The proportion of whites in the U.S. population started to decline in 1950. It fell to gradually over the years, eventually reaching just over 60% in 2018 – the lowest percentage ever recorded.

Although the majority of the U.S. population today is still white, nonwhites account for more than half of the populations of Hawaii, the District of Columbia, California, New Mexico, Texas and Nevada. And, in the next 10 to 15 years, these half dozen “majority-minority” states will likely be joined by as many as eight other states where whites now make up less than 60% of the population.

In 2020, there are projected to be more nonwhite children than white children in the U.S. The nonwhite population is growing more rapidly than the white population.

Minorities accounted for 92% of the U.S. population growth between 2010 and 2018, with Latinos comprising just under half of the nation’s overall growth.
    That assumes that the "United States" remains, well, united. I don't like this fact, but "My Country Tis of Thee" is gonna Balkanize along racial and ideological lines pretty damned hard in the not too distant future. I'm actually afraid for the groups what ain't white and/or Christian (and by that I mean Catholic) by the by. If that CHAZ incident and my own experiences in regards to Farmer's Markets is any indication, precious few minorities/POC's even have the most basic of grasps as to how gardens, crop rotations, businesses, etc. actually work.

When that Balkanization happens the remaining whites (who won't be of the SJW self/Christ hating variant BTW) will have fully taken Ayn Rand up on her proposals. That is, they will shrug in regards to their "burden" if ya catch my reference. Oh they'll help those who profess to follow their religious creed (as that's the only thing that can get different ethnic groups to see each other as "us" rather than "them"), but any and everyone else who ain't pale skinned? Fuck em'! Hope they suffered a great deal. I don't, but that'll be the general sentiment among those who ain't me.

My warning to the commie leftists who currently hold sway over all social institutions of any import is an ancient and simple one. "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Man, it sucks so f---ing hard that I can't vote in a US election.
    Hey, it ain't all bad. I can't vote in yours. Err, for curiosity's sake, what continent you living on? I just gotta try and ask.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it ain't all bad. I can't vote in yours. Err, for curiosity's sake, what continent you living on? I just gotta try and ask.
    Nah, it's because I'm a convicted felon.

J/K I'm Canadian.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nah, it's because I'm a convicted felon.

J/K I'm Canadian.
    Hehe, or as some would call it: "America's Hat"

Still glad that invasion we launched way back when failed. Though I gather more than a few on your end would have preferred the opposite result. That drama teacher would never have gotten elected in a proper "American" Election. Nor would that Chinese Real Estate fuckery had gone over so smoothly for the Chinese if the "hat" was composed of actual states and held relevance in the Electoral College, House, and Senate...

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, or as some would call it: "America's Hat"
    The USA is Canada's pants.

Still glad that invasion we launched way back when failed. Though I gather more than a few on your end would have preferred the opposite result. That drama teacher would never have gotten elected in a proper "American" Election. Nor would that Chinese Real Estate fuckery had gone over so smoothly for the Chinese if the "hat" was composed of actual states and held relevance in the Electoral College, House, and Senate...
    It's not a widely held view today, but joining the United States was a popular sentiment during the 19th century. Indeed, many "old-stock" stock Anglo-Canadians had (and still have) ancestral ties to the thirteen colonies, the result of British empire loyalist ancestors who fled the United States as refugees. Regardless, it would have been unworkable to convince the slave-owning states to allow the incorporation of additional 'free states', states that could have given the abolitionist vote a clear majority.

Would I want to join the United States now? I think that our political philosophies are too different. From an outsider's perspective looking in, the United States has had a history and culture of escalation. Every idea that enters the mainstream acquires an exaggerated, superlative form; superlatives like libertarianism, with its notion of untrammelled free markets, is popular in America—and almost nowhere else—for a reason. Reflexive support among conservatives for the paternalistic American military state is another example of American radicalism. So too is the campaign by some leftist activists to "defund the police".
    Last edited by xerx; 08-23-2020 at 04:10 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The USA is Canada's pants.
    You're just jealous of our maize and cows.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    You're just jealous of our maize and cows.
    The pants analogy works in part because Florida looks like a flaccid penis.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The purchasing power of the dollar is now only 5% of what it used to be.

Back in the day u could buy rent for $42

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post

The purchasing power of the dollar is now only 5% of what it used to be.

Back in the day u could buy rent for $42
    Back in the day, Henry Ford could hire an autoworker for $5/day.

Why, back in the day, all we had was dirt. We had to fight off the Pterodactyls with sticks and stones.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And? why you so into fashion and appearance? Not everyone cares about it. Are you marketing on skin tone...you sell clothes or something? what is this? Why is this important to you?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Back in the day, Henry Ford could hire an autoworker for $5/day.

Why, back in the day, all we had was dirt. We had to fight off the Pterodactyls with sticks and stones.
    LOLOLOL

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    And? why you so into fashion and appearance? Not everyone cares about it. Are you marketing on skin tone...you sell clothes or something? what is this? Why is this important to you?
    Why skin color is so unimportant to you? You and your family need to get real life experience. Move to San Jose (Costa Rica), Pretoria, Mogadishu or Islamabad with your entire family and live there for a few years. The locals will provide accurate feedback on the subject free of charge there. For example farmers from rural areas of Pretoria would be more than happy to swap place with your family.

Migration and multiculturalism produce parallel societies, which never ever worked in history. The affected places descend into major crisis sooner or later. Always. Why do you want to sacrifice the entire western civilization to prove that this time it will be different? Will it be different this time? What if the recent events, we witness on the streets, are only the prologue of a much bigger drama?

Last edited by khcs; 08-24-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why skin color is so unimportant to you? You and your family need to get real life experience. Move to San Jose (Costa Rica), Pretoria, Mogadishu or Islamabad with your entire family and live there for a few years. The locals will provide accurate feedback on the subject free of charge there. For example farmers from rural areas of Pretoria would be more than happy to swap place with your family.

Migration and multiculturalism produce parallel societies, which never ever worked in history. The affected places descend into major crisis sooner or later. Always. Why do you want to sacrifice the entire western civilization to prove that this time it will be different? Will it be different this time? What if the recent events, we witness on the streets, are only the prologue of a much bigger drama?

Oh, I've heard that. It's some low-ethics media outlet's scaretactic. But it's not true.

Um...Greece.

Also, the U.S. ....you know, the wealthiest country in the history of all recorded history. (though highly stratified wealth)

And...it's not just these two....

"Multicultural societies are today common and ubiquitous, but when did such societies become not only normal or typical but accepted or even celebrated? Most likely, multi-cultural societies begin to evolve early in prehistory, as ethnic groups migrated to regions and integrated into existing societies. However, we rarely see multiculturalism celebrated until much later in historical periods when large states became the norm.

Early History
    If we look at examples of early societies in Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, and China, we often see examples of migrations or contacts between different ethnic groups. [1] In many cases, these migrations or contacts are neutral or do not lead to any major confrontation. We do see cultures mixing their ideas in the form of introducing new gods to a region or even architecture. Some cases where some level of multiculturalism may have been evident include societies that adopted foreign gods from their neighbors or other nearby cultures include the Hittites and Kassites, both Indo-Aryan speaking populations, who by around 1600 BC adopt gods from Anatolia and Mesopotamia. [2]

However, what is clear in many of these regions is that one main culture prevailed in any given period, as seen in artistic and intellectual expression. This does not mean cultures were suppressed. On the contrary, integration and assimilation were common, where local customs, languages, and social norms were generally adopted by the population merging into a given urban society. Interestingly, even if that minority culture took power, often they retained the previous prevailing culture or even went out of their way to emphasize that culture through revitalizing older traditions and languages. "

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"For instance, in Mesopotamia, the Persian Achaemenid king depicted himself as Babylonian, while in Egypt we see depictions of the Achaemenid king as Pharaoh. The best example of this is from the reign of Darius I (522-486 BC; Figure 3). During the reign of Darius several representations of him as an Egyptian Pharaoh are depicted, including the rebuilding of important temples in Egypt. Before the reign of Darius, the Achaemenid king Cyrus was considered to write perhaps the world's oldest human rights manifesto. [7] What is made clear from these kings is that the Persian Achaemenid Empire recognized its multi-cultural aspects and embraced it with open arms as a strength.

Figure 3. Darius I depicted as Pharaoh in Egypt.
    Additionally, it was during the Achaemenid period from the 6th through 4th centuries BC that the world multiculturalism seems to have been first used in any language. [8] In other words, societies were now officially recognized that they contained many cultural groups and that was seen as an asset rather than something that was deemphasized in official propaganda. The glory of kings was now, in part, seen as having multiple people groups within the empire and the unity of many people in support of the king was something to be boastful about.

An example of this, in fact, comes from Persepolis, where we see the architecture now incorporating styles from various areas of the empire (Figure 4). [9] This is also the time we now begin to see the rise of large and multi-ethnic corporations and trade spanning distant regions, which suggests multiculturalism was found to have had not only ruling benefits, by keeping a large empire together, but facilitated trade and wealth. [10]

report this ad
    In fact, it is the increase of wealth and trade that may have created the incentive for multicultural empires to become popular. Later empires, such as the Seleucids, Parthians, and Sassanian also largely adopted tolerant attitudes to their large, multi-ethnic states.[11] Once again, trade played an important role in creating incentives for states to adopt and integrate foreign cultures, while allowing them to retain more clearly their own distinct identities. Not only in the ancient Near East but by the time the Roman Empire emerges in the Eastern Mediterranean and Near East, we see multiculturalism spreading to the Mediterranean basin. While the Romans did sometimes persecute faiths that they deemed threats, they also largely adopted a tolerant policy towards others cultures.[12]

The rise of common languages during this time, first expressed in Aramaic, also likely explains how multiculturalism flourished. [13] In effect, while cultural groups were free to worship as they pleased in most periods and conduct their own affairs, common language enabled the creation of an identity that groups could relate with to enable the state and, more significantly, the multicultural system to persist. Therefore, while ethnic groups retained their own sets of ideas and religions, they were also integrated into a larger society where a common language allowed them to communicate with others more easily.[14]

Perhaps one good example of how multicultural ideas began to persist and penetrate societies can be found in the ancient city of Dura Europos, found in modern day eastern Syria. While this region might be known for strife and ravages created by ISIS today, the reality was very different in the 1 century CE. During that time, Dura Europos was a thriving small city that had such languages as Latin, Greek, Syriac, Persian, and others. The many temples and places of worship represented gods across Europe, the Near East, and India, reflecting perhaps the diversity of people found in the city. Cultures also began to influence each other. For instance, one famous find in the city is a synagogue with beautiful style frescoes. However, many of these frescoes were influenced or mixed Near East styles with classical art, showing that cultures began to borrow ideas from each other. This is something we call as artistic syncretism (Figure 5).[15] What was happening was not bad copies of Classical art in the Near East, but art began to now be influenced by local cultures mixed with new populations who had come to the region, including Greeks and Romans.

Figure 4. Reliefs from Persepolis depict Egyptian (1), Greek (2), and Assyrian (3) style influences (a & b). By the 6th-5th centuries BC, populations were heavily mixed in major population centres.
    Given this rise of multiculturalism, it is perhaps not surprising that when we do get the rise of Christianity and Judaism, religions that were universal and monotheistic, they seem to have been accepted or tolerated in many areas of the Near East ruled by Iranian dynasties, such as the Parthians and Sasanians, by then had a long experience with multiple cultural groups and beliefs. These groups recognized, perhaps, the benefits of keeping a united state through the tolerance to different groups, even those that emphasized a narrower worldview of salvation that Rome found so threatening. [16] While this was never a smooth process, and persecutions against groups did exist, we see that attitudes towards multiple cultures allowed also the freedom to develop new thoughts and ideas, giving way to the rise of very different and new religions that attempt to bond people even closer through common and universal faiths.

Continuity in Multiculturalism

Figure 5. This synagogue painting shows a Biblical scene of the burning of the calf. While the story is well known, the art is influenced by Greco-Roman styles and mixes Near East elements.
    With this given history in the Near East, and unlike Europe, multicultural empires persisted long after the fall of Rome and, in fact, continued until the fall of the Ottoman Empire in World War I. However, the rise of nationalism in the 19th-20th centuries and creation of modern nation states began to create new realities and opportunities for individuals that have, to some extent, led to the rise of some of the current conflicts in the Near East. Cultural groups now experienced opportunities to express their own beliefs and power more clearly as they were given more opportunities to assert themselves. In the 20th and 21st century, the conflicts in the Near East perhaps reflect this great, long-term conflict that is about the identity of the various regions within the Near East. Regardless of this case, what this shows is that more recent history does not necessarily reflect a historical pattern, where current conflicts between ethnic groups are more likely reflecting new power realities that did not translate to past societies in the region. [17]"

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, it would be really rude honestly to care about skin color since I'm whiter than you. Like I'd seriously classify you as not white, most likely. Where's the use in that? Like you'd be gas chamber material with how you look, I bet, if you want a 'white' a-thon with me. That can't be good for anybody. I reflect so much light that I blinded myself with my own skin for seconds. Couldn't see. It's not like you deserve to live where you do any less than I deserve to live there just because you aren't as white as I am. I won't do that to you.

And if you wanna squat where you were contracted out by your mum or cut out of her gut, like, cool, but you can have a walk about and see more of the world, too. Maybe you're good at engineering, and the last engineer died where you travel to. Nice for everyone.

Plus people get bored, Mate. Gotta innovate. Life's so much more synergetic and interesting...dynamic when you have other ideas, music, etc....

oh, God! Not to mention genetic diversity is vital so we don't go the way of the poor Mennonites and even some of the Jewish people and Irish, couples of whom hold their dying toddlers in their arms, etc, due to a lack of genetic diversity

They made them a database, you all!
    Last edited by nanashi; 08-25-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Financial View Post
    No. It's called demonic possession. Dumbass.
    I understand being rude...or being incorrect, but please don't be both....

Demonic obsession is a thing--if you're talking about ideas made up to explain natural phenomena through conflating them with 'spiritual happenings.' Catholic Father Lampert talks about the idea of possession:"but there is also infestation, vexation and obsession.” He relates:"Demonic obsession involves mental attacks, such as persistent thoughts of evil racing through one’s mind." You know....obsessive compulsive disorder..as we know it today. When someone has a thought pass through their mind and freaks out at themselves and keeps thinking it and assumes they're evil or something

and another Catholic ideology source:"As distinct from guardian angels, archangels are messengers of God to men in matters of greater significance. Thus Raphael delivered Tobias' wife from demonic obsession (Tobit 12:;6, 15)"

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    The truth of God is found in true dogma. The truth sets you free.

So what is so great about disorganized religion?
    It is a thing most unbelievers can't seem to grasp. The one true God is many things, but chief among them are Love, Justice, and Truth. He is all those things at once and more. Logic is downwind from truth. That is, if a thing is true, than logic must necessarily lead to it. This is why I can't fully understand the so called "Logical" Atheists. I tried to logic God out of the equation, hard. My attempts ended in the most spectacular of failures. I suppose it was because I had no stake in regards to my finances or my reputation and identity. I just gave it an honest college try and, quite logically, failed.

This is also why the "other" religions that aren't overtly Satanic have aspects of the one true holy and apostolic faith. Hell, even those have aspects in regards to what they try to invert or deny. As many an Exorcist, theologian or even an honest member of the clergy worth their titles has affirmed, the Devil himself is a most ardent and fearful believer...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged