Thread: What is your DISC type?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your DISC type?

I took this test (https://www.crystalknows.com/disc-personality-test) a couple of days ago and got some interesting results:
    Skeptic (Cd)
    DELIBERATE | SKEPTICAL | PRAGMATIC
    - Park tends to crave accuracy and efficiency, and is likely to question an exaggerated statement.
    - Park tends to be an objective thinker who prioritizes accuracy and results. He will likely pay attention to small details and take a systematic approach to solving problems.

Took it again today and got a slightly different result:
    Analyst (C)
    RESERVED | OBSERVANT | ACCURATE
    - Park is likely to enjoy picking apart a tough problem to identify a quality solution.
    - Park tends to be motivated by practical projects and logical thinking. His ability to identify flaws and find proven solutions can help others become more productive and be particularly helpful when troubleshooting why something may not be working.

I scored very high (>90%) on the Conscientiousness (C) scale both times, with very small percentages on the other three. Ranking 2nd were Dominance (D) and Steadiness (S), the first and second time respectively. Influence (I) ranked last each time.

Last edited by Park; 09-25-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, this is really weird, we really are conflictors. My type is in the opposite position as yours. Hmm, maybe that could be my dual too though.

The Influencer - Id

People with the Id (Influencer) personality type tend to be energetic and adventurous, communicating with casual language, bold statements, and a focus on the big picture. They are likely to have an easy, relaxed, casual manner when speaking or interacting with others and enjoy the challenge of meeting new people.

DISC.png
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-18-2021 at 01:19 AM. Reason: typo
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, we seem to be on almost exact opposite ends of the wheel.

As for the dual versus conflictor thing, a few folks on here like to call me an LSI, so take from that what you will... I do wonder if IEEs would tend to test similarly to yourself... or perhaps they would stray more towards the green (Steady) quadrant. Hmm...
    Last edited by Park; 09-18-2021 at 02:51 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DISC is just DCNH and 4 humors for corporate nerds. Debate me.

Anyways just took it right now. Got the skeptic...

Huh.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Supporter - S Extreme Intensity: 86%
    People with the S (Supporter) personality type tend to be calm, patient and respectful in their interactions with others. Rarely angered or excited, they are likely to work to maintain a peaceful and harmonious environment.

2021-09-17 (2).png

D - 2%
    I - 7%
    S - 91%
    C - 0%
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 09-18-2021 at 02:38 AM.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Analyst - C
    People with the C personality type tend to be objective, skeptical, and logical in their behavior. They are usually fiercely pragmatic and frequently solve problems with an analytical, fact-driven approach. They are likely to more reserved in groups and may take a long time before they build enough trust to open up

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda crappy test. The format doesn't exclude being all the options equally, so no "more" or "least".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    DISC is just DCNH and 4 humors for corporate nerds. Debate me.

Anyways just took it right now. Got the skeptic...

Huh.
    I ain't debating no dubmass.

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Kinda crappy test. The format doesn't exclude being all the options equally, so no "more" or "least".
    I see your point, but I actually think this one is much better than most similar ones I recall taking in the past, like those with simple binary choices and/or vaguely worded statements.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, it would be helpful if you can post the wheel and/or the percentages/rankings of each trait. And state your Socionics type if it's not already apparent, so we can see the correlations.

@Dazu What is your Sociotype? SEI?

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    @Dazu What is your Sociotype? SEI?
    ye ye i am the dead beat house husband that cooms and grills

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I was offered this test at one of my old jobs. I declined.

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record this site is actually incomplete. It doesn't factor in conflicting blends, such as DS or CI. Which of course, is a huge problem.

Also, just because I can, here is an autistic correlation chart between DISC, DCNH, and 4 temperaments, as well as Pavlov's Typology.

Choleric
    Quick response, long sustain; extraverted and task oriented, neurotic. High excitation, low inhibition; slow mobility (Excitable).
    Dominant, Extraverted Rationality + Se

Sanguine
    Quick response, quick sustain; extraverted and people oriented, stable. High excitation, high inhibition; rapid mobility (Lively).
    Creative, Extraverted Irrationality + Fe

Melancholic
    Slow response, long sustain; introverted and task oriented, neurotic. Low excitation, high inhibition; slow mobility (Inhibited).
    Normalizer, Introverted Rationality + Si

Phlegmatic
    Slow response, quick sustain; introverted and people oriented, stable. Low excitation, low inhibition; moderate mobility (Quiet).
    Harmonizer, Introverted Irrationality + Fi

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Lol I was offered this test at one of my old jobs. I declined.
    Why did you decline, and were there consequences?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record this site is actually incomplete. It doesn't factor in conflicting blends, such as DS or CI. Which of course, is a huge problem
    Perhaps they don't exist (i.e. make no sense within the system as it's defined)? Are you making them up? If so, than that's your problem and not of the site being incomplete.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did you decline, and were there consequences?
    I didn’t because I had work to do lol.

One of the directors happened to be a certified MBTI practitioner, and she offered to give me a DISC test. I had already done the MBTI with her and got Infj (the test was wrong—I’m actually Isfj lol). I wasn’t familiar with MBTI and didn’t care about my results until I read the report more carefully a few months later.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have a funnier story to tell. I was asked to take a different test (can't remember what exactly it was) at one of my old jobs, refused to take it and got fired as a result. It was the last straw for them, from what I gathered. Couldn't handle someone with a brain, autonomy, and the courage to say no to things they don't want to (and are not paid to) do.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I have a funnier story to tell. I was asked to take a different test (can't remember what exactly it was) at one of my old jobs, refused to take it and got fired as a result. It was the last straw for them, from what I gathered. Couldn't handle someone with a brain, autonomy, and the courage to say no to things they don't want to (and are not paid to) do.
    You are missing the point of those tests.

If you refuse to take the test, then they can fire you.
    If you take the test and it proves that you are someone who is dangerous or incompetent for your job, then they can fire you.

So it’s not about the way that your haircut or your blue eyes triggers something deeply disturbing in your boss’s infantile memory. Nope. Not at all.

It’s perfect.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg that’s ridiculous lol. I can’t believe companies get away with that kind of bs.

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally just Google the suggested types and you'll see.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Supporter - S
    People with the S (Supporter) personality type tend to be calm, patient and respectful in their interactions with others. Rarely angered or excited, they are likely to work to maintain a peaceful and harmonious environment.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope there is motivator here and they took the test to figure it out *fingers crossed*

Have so many questions..

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On one job-related personality test, I got asked: "Have you ever felt guilty or uncomfortable when looking at a beautiful child?". The person who owned the testing agency was a Scientologist. Make of the what you will.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I hope there is motivator here and they took the test to figure it out *fingers crossed*

Have so many questions..

That's almost me. So go ahead and ask me your questions.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    That's almost me. So go ahead and ask me your questions.
    I already asked you, I was very motivated in some of my work/friend/romantic relationships with EIEs. I don't know what they have done it, because it wasn't direct at all, they have never said anything about these kind of things. Maybe you people don't know what you are doing I can be missing something if it is due to simple stuff that Fe provides because of my unconcious 1D Fe. I will find myself a @Eudaimonia if I start a company though

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already asked you, I was very motivated in some of my work/friend/romantic relationships with EIEs. I don't know what they have done it, because it wasn't direct at all, they have never said anything about these kind of things. Maybe you people don't know what you are doing I can be missing something if it is due to simple stuff that Fe provides because of my unconcious 1D Fe. I will find myself a @Eudaimonia if I start a company though

I think it could be too situational to really say, I don't really know why or what I do most of the time, but I don't think it's so formulaic.

I should let someone else answer, I've already failed the test lol, but I can't really help myself.

It seems like you're just a relationship oriented person, when you feel alone and don't have others to share your time with you don't have as much energy as you do when you do have those people. If you like these Fe doms you probably like to have a laugh and a good time, this could help you forget your troubles and relax more and you don't feel as stressed from everyday stuff. I don't think these people are giving you anything you don't have, I think they are just letting you recharge and unwind and that's where this motivation is coming from.

Also, I know that my motivation comes from how I view the future if I view the future positively I have extreme amounts of motivation, if I view it negatively, well, that's not good. If you feel alone and you don't really see that changing, it could affect your energy levels.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took this test again and got similar results. What does it mean when the symbol is closer to the center of the wheel? Some people are all the way at the edge of the wheel.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Omg that’s ridiculous lol. I can’t believe companies get away with that kind of bs.
    They are in a position of power and can do whatever they please, within certain legal limits. It might not be fair, respectful, rational, or to your liking, but that's just how capitalism works.

The guy I worked under was a bit of a conceited, uptight prick. He expected me to comply to his way of doing things (and to his idea of "how things should work") and report to him about every single thing. And I get really irritated when someone is breathing down my neck like that, so I either ignore or confront them about it. I did a bit of both in this case and he didn't like it. That said, I've never been a good employee. And by "good" I mean compliant. I am not someone who is going to let anyone, regardless of their official rank or status, make me take some shitty test or do something I disagree with, don't see the purpose of, or simply don't want to do. You can try to change my mind about something with good faith arguments and logical reasoning, but I don't respond well to being ordered around or doing things for the sake of fitting in.

--
    I need a lot of space, autonomy, and room for taking ownership and creating impact. Which puts me in a weird position, because I am also very pedantic, detail-oriented, and people-averse (for a lack of a better term), which generally makes for a bad entrepreneur. So my personality is neither here nor there, literally speaking, and I don't really know which direction to take. I think I feel the most comfortable as an artist, creating, inventing, exploring, and putting things together. Or as a research scientist/engineer, exploring and discovering solutions to tricky problems and improving existing ones. I am trained and skilled in both areas, but still struggling to make good use of any of that and find my place in the world. I feel like whatever I am going to focus on, I either need to (1) improve my entrepreneurial abilities in order to navigate the market and make bigger and better investments (i.e. take greater risks) in the practical world of events and opportunities, or (2) adopt some employee qualities in order to more easily make a living by having someone else (i.e. an institution or an organization) manage or influence the type and breadth of work I undertake, with many of the associated risks.

/tangent
    Last edited by Park; 09-18-2021 at 11:54 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally just Google the suggested types and you'll see.
    I googled DISC personality profiles which led me to https://www.discprofile.com/ where I couldn't find such a thing; the types are the same as in the site from the OP. What is your source?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I took this test again and got similar results. What does it mean when the symbol is closer to the center of the wheel? Some people are all the way at the edge of the wheel.
    I guess you are more well-rounded, or at least that's how you perceive yourself.

I would imagine your "C" score would tend to be a double digit, unlike my "I" score which fluctuates between 2% and 3%.

Which could also explain why I tend to be a tough nut to crack... for most people.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disc Type
    The Analyst - C
    People with the C personality type tend to be objective, skeptical, and logical in their behavior. They are usually fiercely pragmatic and frequently solve problems with an analytical, fact-driven approach. They are likely to more reserved in groups and may take a long time before they build enough trust to open up.

But it seems like I'm inbetween the analyst and the editor 20210923_101014.jpg

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't do this test.... I couldn't go with their narrow range of choices.... so did this one instead

DISC Assessment - Free Personality Test for Business (truity.com)

28I
    27S
    22C
    20D

DRIVE

Takes charge and gets things done. Makes decisions and focuses on results.

CLARITY

Works steadily and systematically. Focuses on order, accuracy and precision.

INFLUENCE

Engages others and shares enthusiasm. Inspires and persuades others.

SUPPORT

Is helpful and shows care for others. Looks for ways to assist and serve.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    I couldn't do this test.... I couldn't go with their narrow range of choices.... so did this one instead

DISC Assessment - Free Personality Test for Business (truity.com)

28I
    27S
    22C
    20D

So you played the C and inspected to get to the point results

C: 30
    I: 26
    D: 23
    S: 14

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you played the C and inspected to get to the point results

C: 30
    I: 26
    D: 23
    S: 14
    Was that naughty what I did?

It was a much easier test for me, but I did want the full breakdown to get my 1 slice out of 16 result....

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post

D - 3%
    I - 2%
    S - 68%
    C - 27%

ESI
    I got almost the same results :

https://imgur.com/OvQxTiz

https://imgur.com/Virjf6R
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sah Kel Plaisir, I got about 82% intensity for Sc Planner type. Took the test again just now and got SC Stabiliser type this time.

Based on what was selected for traits I thought that very high S% could be more common in MBTI sensor-introverts, and that increased influence of C% might push the type closer to SJ in MBTI - socionics rational (?) Do you tend to fall in the middle of the rational-irrational dichotomy?

For what it's worth, I took the MBTI test on the same website as the DISC test and got ISFJ.

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sah Kel Plaisir, I got about 82% intensity for Sc Planner type. Took the test again just now and got SC Stabiliser type this time.

Based on what was selected for traits I thought that very high S% could be more common in MBTI sensor-introverts, and that increased influence of C% might push the type closer to SJ in MBTI - socionics rational (?) Do you tend to fall in the middle of the rational-irrational dichotomy?

For what it's worth, I took the MBTI test on the same website as the DISC test and got ISFJ.
    Irrationality is a clearly expressed trait within me but I started working on being more conscientious. It may have influenced my results.
    I got ISTP on the MBTI test that you gave me . There is a strange association that is made in this test with Sensing and socionics extroverted thinking (people who are S are more likely to prefere dealing with facts/empirical evidences, it may be the reason why they typed Zucc ISTJ).
    I usually get IXXP on tests (INTP most of the time), so the result is not so abhorrent.

I agree that high S% seems ISXX since this description seems to describe someone who is enneagram 6/9 which is a very common enneatype for ISXX.

You can find other strange associations in their MBTI type descriptions : IXTP associated with D types, ESTP associated with S and C types and with enneagram 5...
    It doesn't make any sense .
    Last edited by Sah Kel Plaisir; 09-26-2021 at 11:01 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Disc Type
    The Analyst - C
    People with the C personality type tend to be objective, skeptical, and logical in their behavior. They are usually fiercely pragmatic and frequently solve problems with an analytical, fact-driven approach. They are likely to more reserved in groups and may take a long time before they build enough trust to open up.

But it seems like I'm inbetween the analyst and the editor 20210923_101014.jpg
    You can check out the C and Cs profile descriptions on their website, which stand for the Analyst and the Editor types, respectively. They are not very different from each other but you may find specific things that stand out to you.

DISC C Personality Type: The Analyst Profile
    DISC Cs Personality Type: The Editor Profile

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what was selected for traits I thought that very high S% could be more common in MBTI sensor-introverts
    That's an interesting observation. The correlation they make is to MBTI SF types (see here, under "Other Personalities related to DISC S").

and that increased influence of C% might push the type closer to SJ in MBTI
    They have ISTJ for C and Cd, ISTJ and ISFJ for Cs (see here, here, and here).

It's not an MBTI test, per se, it's a test based on Jung and MBTI, as they have stated on their website. I've taken it a few times, got ISTJ each time.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can check out the C and Cs profile descriptions on their website, which stand for the Analyst and the Editor types, respectively. They are not very different from each other but you may find specific things that stand out to you.

DISC C Personality Type: The Analyst Profile
    DISC Cs Personality Type: The Editor Profile
    Probably Cs type, thanks.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Probably Cs type, thanks.
    Which Socionics type do you identify with, if you don't mind me asking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast