Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: myresearch's typing thread

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default myresearch's typing thread

My current type is LII. However, some things doesn't match up, hence I start to have doubts.

The other probable types are: ILE, LSI, SLI, ILI. If you think I am some other type, I am open to hear it.

The general overview of my conclusion is based on this:

All through my life, I conciously and unconciously changed my behaviors drastically. Eventhough I am the same, in the same environment, talking in the same way, I have been called warm and cold, detailed oriented and big picture person, etc, etc. I can see how I can be both. However, there is one thing that remains unchanged and that is my analytical thinking skills. I am always sure on my ability to figure things out. I have been told I am too good at it all my life. Hence I think I have a strong non ignoring Ti. I break things apart and built logical systems based on it.

I don't think I have 4D Te, because I am not a super active person. I can stay in my home for a long time. I don't have to be in motion all the time. I don't have to get things done all the time. However, I thought some ILEs can be like this. This is partially why I thought I have low Se.

About Se-polr, I never had any problems with speaking up, standing up for myself or others. I can push others, I get into conflicts, sometimes I start them. I sometimes make people comply with me.

About Fi-polr, I have relationships I can be polite and distant in the inital stages or in serious environments. I have my moral judgements, I know my attitude over things.

About Fe polr, I like emotionally exchangeable environments where I can be accepted, I prefer things to be inclusive. I like to be provoked and provoke in emotional sense.

About Ne polr, if I haven't done a thing before, I think I can do it and I say it. I am good at changing my perspective when I am evaluating something. I am open minded.

If I get typed, these things have to be cleared for me anyways, so if anyone has an opinion, I would appreciate it.

I will give more examples later.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    My current type is LII. However, some things doesn't match up, hence I start to have doubts.

The other probable types are: ILE, LSI, SLI, ILI. If you think I am some other type, I am open to hear it.

The general overview of my conclusion is based on this:

All through my life, I conciously and unconciously changed my behaviors drastically. Eventhough I am the same, in the same environment, talking in the same way, I have been called warm and cold, detailed oriented and big picture person, etc, etc. I can see how I can be both. However, there is one thing that remains unchanged and that is my analytical thinking skills. I am always sure on my ability to figure things out. I have been told I am too good at it all my life. Hence I think I have a strong non ignoring Ti. I break things apart and built logical systems based on it.

I don't think I have 4D Te, because I am not a super active person. I can stay in my home for a long time. I don't have to be in motion all the time. I don't have to get things done all the time. However, I thought some ILEs can be like this. This is partially why I thought I have low Se.

About Se-polr, I never had any problems with speaking up, standing up for myself or others. I can push others, I get into conflicts, sometimes I start them. I sometimes make people comply with me.

About Fi-polr, I have relationships I can be polite and distant in the inital stages or in serious environments. I have my moral judgements, I know my attitude over things.

About Fe polr, I like emotionally exchangeable environments where I can be accepted, I prefer things to be inclusive. I like to be provoked and provoke in emotional sense.

About Ne polr, if I haven't done a thing before, I think I can do it and I say it. I am good at changing my perspective when I am evaluating something. I am open minded.

If I get typed, these things have to be cleared for me anyways, so if anyone has an opinion, I would appreciate it.

I will give more examples later.
    Nah. You're LII. If you were ILE, you would've mentioned something external yet you kept your message concise and exclusively about yourself. This isn't a bad thing.

As for ILI or SLI, you're too "merry". You empathize, put yourself in other's shoes and objectively make it a point to wish them happiness an emotionally charged way. You value Fe

Your curiosity tells me you're probably not LSI. You seem to enjoy when others are curious. IMO, you're an NT researcher.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Nah. You're LII. If you were ILE, you would've mentioned something external yet you kept your message concise and exclusively about yourself. This isn't a bad thing.

As for ILI or SLI, you're too "merry". You empathize, put yourself in other's shoes and objectively make it a point to wish them happiness an emotionally charged way. You value Fe

Your curiosity tells me you're probably not LSI. You seem to enjoy when others are curious. IMO, you're an NT researcher.
    I am keeping LII still because I think it is more probable. However, I appreciate if you can explain how I can be Se-polr. Otherwise my doubts are going to remain where they are.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get typed by a proffesional, but I still expect to understand how I fit into the theory.

VI can solve it but I have to understand to believe it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a plan for the rest of your life? What happens when/if it all falls apart?
    @myresearch
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Do you have a plan for the rest of your life? What happens when/if it all falls apart?
    I don't have a plan for rest of my life. However, I have a career plans. I want to work for myself, start a company, but if that doesn't work out, I want to try to work in a startup instead of corporates. I have seen lots of different corporates due to my previous job.

I think it takes too much time to excel and I want to manage my own thing and I want to earn more, that's why I chose this. I plan to work at startup if this doesn't work out, because you can earn and excel faster in startups, also I think working conditions may suit me more but I am not sure about it.

What happens when/if it all falls apart?
    Then I would find a way out.

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Did you make a post like this before already??? And did Eud also post the same link?
    Noo, you are just Ni'ing

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Btw I don't think you are TeFi
    Me neither, but I am open for anything if it makes the perfect sense right now, so I also mentioned them in case anyone sees something.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am keeping LII still because I think it is more probable. However, I appreciate if you can explain how I can be Se-polr. Otherwise my doubts are going to remain where they are.
    My theory on Se-Polr is that LIIs can be forceful when they know they have to. An LII buddy is an MMA fighter. Generally, he's relatively jolly, non-aggressive but as an MMA fighter he will have a fight scheduled for a particular date. IME, estimation he can use Se in a particular fashion if he understands when and why he's doing it.

I'd also say that EII can often justify their Se-Polr when they fight for their country. They value Te but the violence in battle is necessary. An EII will utilize Se as part of their duty in a particular instance.

That's my take

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem similar to my friend and colleague who is an LII, down to the subtype LII-C that usually doesn't think of themselves as having Se polr.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your concerns are very result oriented.

You seem to have lowered concern for Ne as it seems to function more as an accessory. This seems pretty interesting and confuses people.

LII
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a plan for rest of my life. However, I want to have a career plans. I want to work for myself, start a company, but if that doesn't work out, I want to try to work in a startup instead of corporates. I have seen lots of different corporates due to my previous job.

I think it takes too much time to excel and I want to manage my own thing and I want to earn more, that's why I chose this. I plan to work at startup if this doesn't work out, because you can earn and excel better in startup companies, also I think working conditions may suit me more but I am not sure about it.
    What is the point to what you are doing? Why leave corporate life and manage your own thing, where does it end? Is it primarily money, independence, or something else? What motivates you to work toward this?

Why do you prefer to work in a startup over a corporation, do you want to be rise up the ladder faster and hold a high position in a growing company? What happens when it grows to a corporate level?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the point to what you are doing? Why leave corporate life and manage your own thing, where does it end? Is it primarily money, independence, or something else? What motivates you to work toward this?
    It is mainly independence. I can be independent in other ways as well, by spending less for example, keeping my life standards to some level. However, I want to access everything I want, I want to do whatever I want also and money is a great tool for that.

I actually don't want to own too expensive big things such as super luxuary house right now. Ofcourse I want it, but it is not that important, however, I want to have the money in case I want or need such a thing.

Why do you prefer to work in a startup over a corporation, do you want to be rise up the ladder faster and hold a high position in a growing company? What happens when it grows to a corporate level?
    Corporates generally look at your work experience, how many years you worked, so it doesnt matter what you do. I want to be in a place that provides me something when I do much more than expected. Because I don't want to fill my hours and get a life after work. If my work doesn't mean anything to me, which I learned it doesn't, because unfortunately it is all transactional. Then it can mean something to me, if I think I am improving myself, if it is challenging and if I get some salary and position in return.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger than 9 yo. I knew every kid in my neighborhood, I was the game maker, kind a like leader, I standed up for the skinny short kids who got bullied, but I never bullied anyone. I generally played outside with other kids.

After 9 yo, I hang out in the house myself, after 11 yo, I went everywhere by myself and start to do everything by myself, I have taken different courses, both of my parents were working, that's why we chose this way.

When I was younger than 11 yo. I was very witty, talkative, outspoken, sometimes blunt, I talked without filter. However, I was always good at keeping secrets, maybe due to my family. Then I thought saying something can be used against me and talked with a filter, people start to describe me as silent time to time.

After 14 yo, something happened and due to previous things, I didn't want to interact with anyone, I started to talk with people on intellectual things only. I read a book a day, I was into different kinds of art, I have done it and consumed it, I have spent 4 years mainly on intellectual things. I daydreamed a lot in this period.

I was and I am a bit manipulative:

As a 7 yo, my friend's mother dropped my friend to our house, because she has to be somewhere. She was screaming and saying that she hates all people and life. Her mother and my mother tried to convience her to get in. However, she wasn't. I checked what was going on, then return to my room. Some good time passed, I thought my mother was getting frustrated. So I went and said to my friend that lets prepare a poison to X kid(the kid who got bullied the most). Then she immediately get inside. I said it because I knew it will get her in. We prepared something but we didn't actually make him drink and poison the poor kid
    Last edited by myresearch; 09-20-2021 at 08:42 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like you live quite dominant sub phase atm but it kind of consumes you.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Only other type I've considered for you is LSI. As you seem to get along well with Beta NFs and I could see Ne PoLR the most out of those other ones, I think.

Main reason I thought LSI over LII is that you come across more confident than a lot of LIIs I know- but that can also vary within type & DCNH type etc. So I think you are probably LII but if you weren't - LSI would be my guess.

I think your Ixxj temperment is rather pretty pure and obvious. And I can't really see you in a Fi valuing quadra either.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@myresearch I don't know about what your type is but you are a really interesting person to learn about, that's for sure. I hope things work out for you.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally....I think LII. I have thought LSI BUT! You are wayyyy to crafty and flexible for an LSI (no offense to LSI's). That, and I think you would do better with someone who has some grounded Si and 4D Se.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These isolated examples don't dissuade me from Se PoLR. I see no semblance of loyalty to any particular way of thought, which I would expect from an LSI. You clearly use Ne to screen others on the forum, you've admitted to it yourself. As for being a leader at times, or standing up for yourself, being a well actuated adult can play a role, Ti base can play a role, D or C subtype can play a role, the multifaceted expression of PoLR can play a role, etc.

You are never going to be sure if you don't allow for some flex with how you interpret the I.E.'s, trust me. Ask yourself if anything we say can really eliminate the nagging uncertainty you feel, for me I realized it wouldn't if I didn't trust myself first.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    These isolated examples don't dissuade me from Se PoLR. I see no semblance of loyalty to any particular way of thought, which I would expect from an LSI. You clearly use Ne to screen others on the forum, you've admitted to it yourself. As for being a leader at times, or standing up for yourself, being a well actuated adult can play a role, Ti base can play a role, D or C subtype can play a role, the multifaceted expression of PoLR can play a role, etc.

You are never going to be sure if you don't allow for some flex with how you interpret the I.E.'s, trust me.
    There are other aspects of Ne and Se that I use and there are aspects of them that I don't use and like. I don't know how much should I reveal, I don't want reveal unnecessary amount of info. I think some may be too personal, I also can be judged (probably Fi role holding me back). I am going to reveal little by little to see if a person sees something I don't or what people think according to shared info.

Worst case scenario, I would be putting out there, so people can see some version of my type here in the future. Maybe that would nake it easier for them, if they resonate with this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Ask yourself if anything we say can really eliminate the nagging uncertainty you feel, for me I realized it wouldn't if I didn't trust myself first.
    I don't know, we have to try to see it, I think sometimes people can surprise us in a good way. Why don't you open a typing thread and try me

I typed myself LII at first and sticked to it. Although, I got some feedback from others irl that contradicts with the type, I brushed it off. Ti-doms or Ti-egos generally decide for themselves but I think everyone may benefit from getting additional feedback.
    Last edited by myresearch; 09-21-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are very LII to me, because you support numerous ways to interpret things logically.

With Ne and Ti ego, I get an underlying message of "don't shoehorn this thing if it has characteristics/qualities of its own right, which separate it from the rest"
    That's how Ne ideas keep on branching out, and something like a socionics IE can be viewed in a different light. e.g. Both Ni and Ne are used when we predict movie plots.

What is your speaking style like, when you discuss something you feel competent in?

Something I noticed with Ben Vaserlan (LII) is that as he refers to his own system of types (or describes a feature/position of IEs), he'll draw a previously unknown to him connection.

He will talk about Artisans SPs in Kiersey's system and their language style having a focus on consonant use - next connection he draws is that many musicians/singers have an Artisan temperament. There will be more unplanned things "uncovered" in this style as he speaks, with the end takeaway being that the video lecture is rich in detail but sometimes hard to follow if he doesn't return soon to the main point. The details he points out are interesting enough to become their own dedicated video. Is that anything like your speech in real life - do you go on tangents?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're obviously LIE to me. No idea why you type as LII or how anyone could come to that conclusion.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    You are very LII to me, because you support numerous ways to interpret things logically.

With Ne and Ti ego, I get an underlying message of "don't shoehorn this thing if it has characteristics/qualities of its own right, which separate it from the rest"
    That's how Ne ideas keep on branching out, and something like a socionics IE can be viewed in a different light. e.g. Both Ni and Ne are used when we predict movie plots.
    I agree and I think I fit to this.

What is your speaking style like, when you discuss something you feel competent in?
    It depends . I can get into details to point something to make a point. I can also connect what I discuss with another thing to make a point. I can get into some layers further to discuss it.

Something I noticed with Ben Vaserlan (LII) is that as he refers to his own system of types (or describes a feature/position of IEs), he'll draw a previously unknown to him connection.

He will talk about Artisans SPs in Kiersey's system and their language style having a focus on consonant use - next connection he draws is that many musicians/singers have an Artisan temperament. There will be more unplanned things "uncovered" in this style as he speaks, with the end takeaway being that the video lecture is rich in detail but sometimes hard to follow if he doesn't return soon to the main point. The details he points out are interesting enough to become their own dedicated video. Is that anything like your speech in real life - do you go on tangents?
    I think I can. In comparison to ENFx though, I am nothing For me, they sometimes jump from topic to topic too much in a way it is hard to track and misses the main point. Some also use it in a way to change the topic and perception of others.

Ne draws parallels and Ti makes connections. It is sometimes difficult to seperate them, this is the reason of my main confusion. LSIs also do some of the things I thought I did it because of Ne. For example on this forum, LSIs can share movie/tv series scene in order to illustrate the situation. I thought using completely another material to make a point was TiNe but I was wrong.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrassatiLo View Post
    You're obviously LIE to me. No idea why you type as LII or how anyone could come to that conclusion.
    I would love to be one, being LIE would work for me than other types now. However, I don't think I can be Te-dom. I also don't think I am energetic as EJ temperament.

I figure things on my own, complex systems. I can get into something very much purely to understand it better and enhance my comprehension, even it is not useful to me.

I wouldn't describe myself as productive at all times. When I am given a job, although I can get good feedback by doing less, I sometimes overwork just because I want to do the job better in a way that I want. Although, there is nothing to gain from that. I don't know if you worked with a LIE but they don't do that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne draws parallels and Ti makes connections. It is sometimes difficult to seperate them, this is the reason of my main confusion. LSIs also do some of the things I thought I did it because of Ne. For example on this forum, LSIs can share movie/tv series scene in order to illustrate the situation. I thought using completely another material to make a point was TiNe but I was wrong.
    All this time I have thought that Ne is the function which acknowledges the connection of one thing to another, shared qualities so Ti can classify what they are. I'm confused by it too.

When LSIs are posting movie/tv scenes to illustrate the situation, is it a form of pop culture reference? If it is, I wonder if it's a mood/prevalent emotion that they recognise in the environment that matches what the video clip portrays? So can it relate to shared recognition and valuing of Fe.

It depends . I can get into details to point something to make a point. I can also connect what I discuss with another thing to make a point. I can get into some layers further to discuss it.
    I can't help but think that someone who can't keep up with layers of a discussion might begin to believe there is a tangent...

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you relate to SI? @myresearch

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok, so I'm in my own rabbit hole of dechipring decipherers.
    Jung's style represents Ti and instructional moves represents Te.

I found this particular interesting.
    Ti (LII) [Seems quite Jung-ish person]

Te (ILI)

A description forms aka Ti (packs -> unpacks). So I'd say there is a vector that looks for a reference point. It has to establish a connection. There is a chance that you want to share it (Fe).
    A formulation describes aka Te (unpacked-> packed). This a lot like physics out there. You might want to condense it. It is your own hellish rat race. You may also want to trust/bond with it (Fi).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When LSIs are posting movie/tv scenes to illustrate the situation, is it a form of pop culture reference? If it is, I wonder if it's a mood/prevalent emotion that they recognise in the environment that matches what the video clip portrays? So can it relate to shared recognition and valuing of Fe.
    I think it is exactly that, pop culture reference. However, I don't know how this is different than any other kind of reference. If someone can do this, they can do other kind of references for other things if they get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    How do you relate to SI?
    I don't like to cook or do house chores. I don't do those everyday. However, sometimes I do, I generally cook things that doesn't take too much time and effort. I sometimes order takeouts and eat outside in a row though.

I generally have some kind of routine, especially after covid

I generally like to look at harmonious, aesthetic things.

I enjoy relaxation but not always.

When I am at comfortable state, I tend to stay there, when I am on ready state, I tend to stay there. It is generally difficult to change my state.

If I am at comfortable state, I know how to make myself comfortable. However, if I am working, studying, then I can forget to eat, drink water for a long time, I remember it when it is too late

I can sit on uncomfortable positions if I am captivated by something I do.

I don't get enough sleep sometimes. I can neglect these kind of things.

There have been different times in my life. On some periods, people said I am going to die and right after that period, I was like a health freak. Now I am in between.

I generally do things in extreme ways. For example, if I do a diet, I never eat anything I shouldn't. I generally go all or nothing. I am not good at moderation. This could be due to nature or nurture.

When I am sick I sometimes ignore what I feel and sometimes I react less, show it less, continue as before. When I was a kid, when I was physically injured in a bad way, it didn't feel that bad, I never cried or reacted as people around me. One of my ex was getting sick a lot, we go to hospital, I also sometimes took tests, his tests were negative, mine were positive

Although I dont always take care of it in a best way. I think health matters the most, I dont know what would I do if I get permanently sick or injured. We can solve everything but not that.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been confused about Ne and Ti too, before. I think what helped me the most realize what Ti was,was subteigh once said that goodreads is very Ti in how they recommend books, books that are similar to what you are reading. Genre. Music genres and what makes a genera a genre, the elements present in it, the similarities. So simply remembering something and placing it in that category is just Ti and not Ne

So someone correct me if im wrong here, but Ne is like combining two ideas, almost like two parents having a child. And then having multiple children. And all the children are Products of Ne. Ti wouldn’t be combining them, but instead defining them in categories by their similarities, like gender, personality traits, anything really ???
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to cook or do house chores. I don't do those everyday. However, sometimes I do, I generally cook things that doesn't take too much time and effort. I sometimes order takeouts and eat outside in a row though.

When I am at comfortable state, I tend to stay there

if I am working, studying, then I can forget to eat, drink water for a long time, I remember it when it is too late

I can sit on uncomfortable positions if I am captivated by something I do.

I don't get enough sleep sometimes. I can neglect these kind of things.

There have been different times in my life. On some periods, people said I am going to die and right after that period, I was like a health freak. Now I am in between.

Although I dont always take care of it in a best way. I think health matters the most, I dont know what would I do if I get permanently sick or injured. We can solve everything but not that.
    Yeah It does seem like you could probably rule out LSI, who has SI demo..... and 3D valued SE (you tend to stay in comfy states)

I think LII is still probably good for you.... you seem to need a bit of help with SI...... and you just seem rational>irrational to me......

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LII is fine. I’ve never noticed anything inconsistent with that type that’s made me question it.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I’ve been confused about Ne and Ti too, before. I think what helped me the most realize what Ti was,was subteigh once said that goodreads is very Ti in how they recommend books, books that are similar to what you are reading. Genre. Music genres and what makes a genera a genre, the elements present in it, the similarities. So simply remembering something and placing it in that category is just Ti and not Ne

So someone correct me if im wrong here, but Ne is like combining two ideas, almost like two parents having a child. And then having multiple children. And all the children are Products of Ne. Ti wouldn’t be combining them, but instead defining them in categories by their similarities, like gender, personality traits, anything really ???
    IEE describes a tool that she use, she says it is like a mixer, she puts all ingredients (means different kinds of data) in it and then takes the juice (result). She is able to form that analogy because she sees them similar although she is Ti polr.

When Ti makes connections, it can also combine. Probably would not be like a child, however, if typology is Ti, then it might.

These things overlap with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I think LII is fine. I’ve never noticed anything inconsistent with that type that’s made me question it.
    I appreciate if you can explain how I can be Se-polr, because I am seeing inconsistencies.
    Last edited by myresearch; 09-21-2021 at 08:25 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think @myresearch is an LII, but at the risk of annoying everyone I want to bring psychosophy into this. I think you are 1st Will in psychosophy and that's where a lot of the confusion about this Se PoLR stuff is coming from.

I think your type is "Socrates" WLEP. 1st Will, 2nd Logic, 3rd Emotion, 4th Physics.

I know people hate it but I think it can be used in conjunction with Socionics to explain differences in type.

I am in comparison "Ahmatova" WELP. I think I recognize a lot of similarities between us that come from having 1st will.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE describes a tool that she use, she says it is like a mixer, she puts all ingredients (means different kinds of data) in it and then takes the juice (result). She is able to form that analogy because she sees them similar although she is Ti polr.When Ti makes connections, it can also combine. Probably would not be like a child, however, if typology is Ti, then it might.These things overlap with each other.
    ughhh! just when I thought maybe I was on to something. Tbh I’m still confused and don’t entirely understand. I think I understand now better than I did before, but I’m still waiting on the rest of it to click…
    I appreciate if you can explain how I can be Se-polr, because I am seeing inconsistencies.
    you could be LSI. It’s the internet and I don’t really like to be that certain over the internet…and you seem to come off fairly neutral in that you don’t really send me any really strong vibes about anything. For instance, I did think you were a guy for a while Some people type things and then they do/say things really inconsistent with that type or I just see inconsistency after inconsistency, but I have never gotten that from you. And you seem to really be able to explain things well in a simple Ti way, especially Ti base, which I usually find impressive and makes me feel like a dumbass for my long ass tangents I could have summed up in a single sentence, prob kind of like I’m doing now.
    Last edited by Aster; 09-22-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyStoleMyBike View Post
    What are the inconsistencies? Can you describe them?
    I got this from Se-polr thread.

Socionics function: black sensing - force - volitional sensorics
    outward traits of object - shape, old vs. young, worth or cost, appearance, energy of object, strength, readiness, willpower, mobilization
    Positive(short range):
    Deduction of authority, insubordination, protection, defense, retaliation, counterattack, hardness, upholding of the interests, strong-willed pressure from below upwards, will power, possession;
    Negative (long range):
    Capture of authority, submission, attack, aggression, attack, the initiative, persistence, insistence, strong-willed pressure from top to down, the statement of the interests due to others, overthrow, weakness, lack of will, mastering.
    I can give dozens of examples of how I applied the features of positive(short range) on different times of my life.

Deduction of authority, protection, defense: I collabrated with other departments because my own manager is having an affair with one of my colleagues, so it was clear from how he behaves that he is not going to give me a good promotion. I did a good job on some projects, and some coworkers only mentioned my name to our general manger.

After that on different occasion, I connected with his own supervisor before him, because he was blocking me. After some point, he tried to get my good graces.

insubordination:I proposed to do some project, he liked it first, wanted me to do that, then he probably talked with his lover because he changed his mind. When I asked him again and again, he said: I cannot say do or not do it, I have to know more, but for him to know more, I had to show him more which would cause him to give my info to her. So I didn't however, at the meeting with his own supervisors, I brought it up, although he spesifically told me that I shouldn't do that because "it would make me look bad" lol

In other kind of workplaces, as a kid in my family, at school, I never abide to any rule that doesn't make sense to me.

counterattack:I only get attempted to bullied once. I didn't do anything and thought that I didn't care. But after a while, other people joined and I figured I cared. After that point, I start to bully her, I befriended popular girls in my school just to get more say in things. After some point, she runned away when she saw me.

I excel better when I am under attack but it doesn't feel that good when it isn't resolved yet.

will power: At school, workplaces, I have done things that other people doesn't expect and doesn't believe that I or anyone else can do it. Hence some friends, family members and coworkers say to me that I have a strong will power. Other than that, when I do simple things for example, eating healthy, dieting, exercising for a long time, they also say it because of it. After getting into socionics, when this happened, I took it as an insult, to me that sounded like battle typing I asked why, they said I do what I say.

Before I get into socionics, I started to work on myself so I can be more vulnerable. I didn't accepted any vulnerability and this clouded my judgement, I didn't know if some things are happening because I am too harsh or not. I worked on it long time, so being vulnerable, accepting weakness was something challenging for me. Hence, I have trouble with relating Se-polr or LII descriptions.

This for example:

Around peers LIIs girls are somewhat shy and hesitant. They may try to avoid noisy gatherings and large companies and keep themselves in seclusion or quietly remain in the background. They possess a certain degree of pedantry in their self-expression. To a large extent, they are influenced by the expectations of their parents, whom they do not want to disappoint. They desire to avoid conflict situations at home (and, incidentally, and at all other places).
    Noone would describe me this way. Some people may think I am shy at work at first, because I generally don't talk, I am not engaging, talkative. However, when we work I speak my mind and they get to know me. On other, social environments people always thinkI am confident. I don't avoid large gatherings, I am not shy.

I also care about power dynamics in relationships and other areas. It is easier to give examples about work

I can give other examples later. If a Se-dom think this is not Se, can they give example, so I can see what I am doing or not.

These things could be related to nature and nurture. I don't know how to distinguish them though.

Just to note that I only mentioned inconsistencies here. I think LII also suits me, that's why I am still keeping it but I am not quite sure about it anymore, I also don't relate to Ne-polr descriptions. But then what is Se, what is Ne
    Last edited by myresearch; 09-22-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@myresearch I have some pros to WHY I think you are actually Se Polr and why it is a lot more prevalent then you think. Just I need to double check with Ni again and really sift through my thoughts. I will write it down after my late shift at work tonight.

Quick question, what quadra did you grow up with the most/influenced the most by as a child/young adult?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    @myresearch I have some pros to WHY I think you are actually Se Polr and why it is a lot more prevalent then you think. Just I need to double check with Ni again and really sift through my thoughts. I will write it down after my late shift at work tonight.

Quick question, what quadra did you grow up with the most/influenced the most by as a child/young adult?
    My mother is either LIE or LSE, she is definetely Te-dom, but she has the characteristics of both types.

My father was EIE or SEE or SLE, he was very extreme and had extreme characteristics like noone ever has, so it is very difficult to type him, I could be wrong about these types as well.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se PoLR test, it's a dark night with little visibility and it's pouring down rain making the lines on the road impossible to see. You are on a busy multi-lane highway with many cars swerving in and out of their lanes.

How comfortable are you in this situation? How would you react?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nataraja View Post
    Se PoLR test, it's a dark night with little visibility and it's pouring down rain making the lines on the road impossible to see. You are on a busy multi-lane highway with many cars swerving in and out of their lanes.

How comfortable are you in this situation? How would you react?
    I don't have a car, so I don't drive. I never reacted in a bad or scared way when I was in a car though. I was in a car accident and I also hit by a car then went to home rather than hospital because of other details.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a car, so I don't drive. I never reacted in a bad or scared way when I was in a car though. I was in a car accident and I also hit by a car then went to home rather than hospital because of other details.

You've never driven a car but you've been in a car. Have you ever felt uneasy that you didn't have control of the car that you were riding in? Did you have fear of being near traffic or riding in a car after these accidents?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nataraja View Post
    You've never driven a car but you've been in a car. Have you ever felt uneasy that you didn't have control of the car that you were riding in? Did you have fear of being near traffic or riding in a car after these accidents?
    No, I didn't have any problems with not being in control of the car, I use cabs all the time. I heard here that Se-egos have problems with it, but I also took a cab with Se-doms, I don't know what they feel inside, but if a person does that all the time, then I think it doesn't become an issue. Hence, I don't think this says anything imo.

I didn't even have any fear when car was hitting me, it happened when I was 12-13, I skipped school, then I was grounded at home, I wasn't suppose to go out, but I skipped home as well, they didnt know that though. I just went to some places and when I decided to return home, traffic lights were far away, I was going to be late if I walked, so I decided to go across the road. I passed one car, then realized I am not going to pass the second one. Then I decided to jump on it, so I don't get under it. It hit me, my body smash their window, it didn't break but shattered. They try to convience me to go hospital with them. But I didn't want to get extra punishment, so I took a cab there to go home. Tax driver was very anxious, he said one guy was also a hit by a car at the exact spot like many others and died in his cab due to internal bleeding. I thought nothing would happen to me probably because I was too young. Then I went home. End of the story. I didn't have any fear afterwards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast