Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Incapable of Stress?

With a quick google search of "Incapable of Stress", the opposite shows up, people who can't cope with stress. Along with my searching of this in other places, I can't find much about it either. I never understood what stress is, until I saw it being defined as "being overwhelmed"
    I then understood it as the opposite of what I always feel.
    Underwhelmed.
    Everything is immensely boring and disappointing. Most people would probably think that it's awesome to not worry about anything, but it actually makes everything feel immensely pointless. I'm not going to make this too much of a "woe is me" thread; I'm just trying to explain that I dislike feeling like this and it doesn't mean I'm actually "stressed without knowing it" or "wasting a gift." I don't worry because nothing can truly hurt me. But with that nothing can truly hurt me, nothing can truly benefit me either.
    I still knowingly make stupid mistakes I have been for years. I say this is due to my incapability of stress making me not mature. I hurt people in various ways and do not care. It doesn't matter at all, I feel. Nothing does.
    Examples of this affecting me is that I failed most of my classes last year because I didn't see a point to it. Everything I do is for instant gratification because my only meaning in life is gathering as many happiness points as I can. I cut my hair impulsively a few months ago and my dad said he was going to kill me. I did not care or feel anything. Not even in a "painfully numb" way, just literally nothing.
    Does anyone else have anything to say? My other thread about autistic socio/psychopaths might be of interest if you enjoyed this one.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know if I can help because I'm not aware of these bodily experiences, but I think stress for me is when I tend to overthink about something or if I'm worried that something I don't want to happen is about to happen.

I agree with you about the pointlessness of everything and search for meaning. I feel that since I was a kid. It's not that everything is pointless, just that the way society makes you live makes me think of it as pointless. For me what interests me is not what society says I should focus on. I find meaning in the most mundane experiences whereas what's considered important is taken as irrelevant

You might consider practicing some meditation and see if that helps you see the world with more meaning.

You can watch some of Eckhart Tolle videos about those topics, he had a similar experience growing up
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not stressed out about failing your classes? What else are you not stressed out about?

I'm not a professional by any means, but it sounds like you are suffering from serious depression, and a lot of what you are talking about sounds like dissociation.

https://www.verywellmind.com/dissociation-2797292

I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think you should be talking to someone about this. Like a professional not random people on a forum.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good link @Demon. Made me realise I probably had that when I was 17. It turned into anxiety/ mild to moderate depression/ other stuff after that. These health sites should include examples/ case studies of the symptoms they describe. Not sure how anyone without knowledge of psychology or some general life experience would relate to some of the descriptions. That’s how I remember feeling as a young person reading about mental health disorders.

I would also recommend seeing a therapist. Even if they turn out to be a bit rubbish..it will get the ball rolling. You don’t have to listen to everything they say, but they will likely say some useful stuff or ask helpful questions. Saying this as someone who has seen a few therapists and been on waiting lists for a while to see them.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks for the help, I already tried meds and went to some therapists. Only ones that worked only calmed down the aggression.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneTriz View Post
    With a quick google search of "Incapable of Stress", the opposite shows up, people who can't cope with stress. Along with my searching of this in other places, I can't find much about it either. I never understood what stress is, until I saw it being defined as "being overwhelmed"
    I then understood it as the opposite of what I always feel.
    Underwhelmed.
    Everything is immensely boring and disappointing. Most people would probably think that it's awesome to not worry about anything, but it actually makes everything feel immensely pointless. I'm not going to make this too much of a "woe is me" thread; I'm just trying to explain that I dislike feeling like this and it doesn't mean I'm actually "stressed without knowing it" or "wasting a gift." I don't worry because nothing can truly hurt me. But with that nothing can truly hurt me, nothing can truly benefit me either.
    I still knowingly make stupid mistakes I have been for years. I say this is due to my incapability of stress making me not mature. I hurt people in various ways and do not care. It doesn't matter at all, I feel. Nothing does.
    Examples of this affecting me is that I failed most of my classes last year because I didn't see a point to it. Everything I do is for instant gratification because my only meaning in life is gathering as many happiness points as I can. I cut my hair impulsively a few months ago and my dad said he was going to kill me. I did not care or feel anything. Not even in a "painfully numb" way, just literally nothing.
    Does anyone else have anything to say? My other thread about autistic socio/psychopaths might be of interest if you enjoyed this one.
    you need to change your environment

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if you don't have enough healthy stressors in ur life you are not being stimulated/challenged enough in ur envrionment. I wonder if this is a common problem IEEs go through because much about the 'real world' is very accomodating to IEEs - probably too accomodating. I don't like a lot of stress tho cuz I'm a pussy but if your life is too depressed/easy/boring then .... what I found out though is life will rarely be 'perfectly balanced' that you like it. It's often either too stressful or periods where it's not stressful enough. That's just the way it is.

I think maybe its like the opposite of IEI in a way. You probably won't feel all that challenged or stimulated in a working/corporate or even school envrionment cuz so much of that Te HA crap is just made for IEEs... so you might have to find some creative ways to feel challenged that aren't about a career or official schooling. my IEE cousin told me she was really bored at her job even though she made good money and had plenty of friends and people who liked her.

I think people tend to stress about things they have been conditioned to stress about

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    you need to change your environment
    I've considered this but can't think of any ways to. I'm 16 and my parents don't let me get a job or anything.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've considered this but can't think of any ways to. I'm 16 and my parents don't let me get a job or anything.

Your parents might feel that a job would distract you from your studies, and they are right. But a summer job could help you learn what working is like. I found that, even though LIEs are supposed to be great at business, I learned a lot of valuable lessons by working for other people and seeing what worked and what didn't. You will, too, when you start working. But work when it doesn't distract you from studying.

What you will learn in your free school is about a million times more valuable than any money you can make right now. The life lessons you get by working come quickly and are easily learned, but the knowledge you can get from school is hard to come by once you start working full time.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

then i guess sit it out and contemplate what u can do when u do get unchained

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Okay thanks, the reason I didn't turn this into a "woe is me" thread was because there's nothing I can do about it atm Lol