Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food Network stars

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by maze
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicgoat
    I think anybody who gets paid to travel around like that has the best job. Ever watch Globe Trekker? I love that show!
    Yeah, traveling around like that has got to be pretty rewarding. Never seen Globe Trekker! At least the title doesn't strike a cord.
    it's a great show... they show it on the Travel channel (or PBS if you live in the US)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Is there any normal activity you don't find pointless?
    define a "normal activity."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    the food network? what has the world come to? god...
    I remember reading somewhere it was the most popular TV station. It does seem like a waste of time...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I remember reading somewhere it was the most popular TV station. It does seem like a waste of time...
    no more than socionics

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alton Brown = ENTp
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Alton Brown = ENTp
    Good Eats is definitely my favorite show on that network, and Alton Brown is by far the most entertaining host. My INFj sister almost always just has the Food Network on in her room for background noise.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    no more than socionics
    If you didn't know socionics you may need to know how to sooth your human interaction incompetences by preparing appealing foods, yes.

Not that I'm calling you a woman...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think knowledge of Socionics endows you with "human interaction competence?"

How cute.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bobby Flay could be an ESxp, most likely ESFp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to own up to watching most food channels ...there is something wholesome and comforting about them for me. Cooking is also one of the areas where I expiriment when I have the time and sometimes I get new ideas from food channels. I like Nigella Lawson...she manages to make cooking look seductive or something.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Rachel Ray is ESFj. She seems to me to have a lot of Fe, and I think she values Ne because she'll say something like, "If you don't have X on hand, use Y, or even Z or whatever". ISTjs would say, "Make sure you use this particular ingredient, and make sure you get it packaged this way, and then clean it this way, and cut it this way. Do it just that way because doing things properly leads to a good finished dish." Or something.

I have to admit I've only seen her show a few times though. My mom watches it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I think Rachel Ray is ESFj. She seems to me to have a lot of Fe, and I think she values Ne because she'll say something like, "If you don't have X on hand, use Y, or even Z or whatever". ISTjs would say, "Make sure you use this particular ingredient, and make sure you get it packaged this way, and then clean it this way, and cut it this way. Do it just that way because doing things properly leads to a good finished dish." Or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8glPd1AuIek

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    "I need to show you how it's done!"
    or

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    "You're great and I bet you could be even better!"
    I think ESFj is a close second.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nigella Lawson seems more ESFj than ENFj to me.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Why?
    I get a Si>Ni vibe, and Alpha rather than Beta, but I don't have strong arguments.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Why?
    I get a Si>Ni vibe, and Alpha rather than Beta, but I don't have strong arguments.
    same here. i discussed her type with another forum member who thinks she is actually a logical type (what, ESTj?) i get a stronger vibe than anything, as well. it seems like she is rather blatantly interested in a healthy lifestyle.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Last edited by Metreon Cascade; 12-23-2015 at 01:00 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    You think dave liebermans an enfp? Ah, i melt when i watch that guy. I'm sure i look like a pathetic schoolgirl..i sit in front of the tv in awe, lol! pathetic really, haha.

The only person i can't tolerate is giada del..however you spell it. It gets old hearing her describe the food into such detail. Just cook the damn stuff already! Not a big fan of Emeril either really.
    I hate hearing her pronounce spaghetti like "spee-GEE-tee!" in that high-pitched voice.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post

That's how I would approach cooking. I stick with a recipe and take steps that work and if I realize I don't have what I needed on hand I'm like "FUCK!" I highly doubt Rachel Ray is ISTj, just no.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviving this thread...

For a lot of people the food network is actually not a waste of time. For an Se creative like me it provides inspiration and the visuals are stimulating. The competitions that get taped and packaged like a show (baking challenges, etc) are largely crap. Iron Chef and Chopped have had their fun moments. I especially enjoy watching Bobby Flay destroy his competition on Beat Bobby Flay. That said I haven’t watched the network in two years; burned out maybe.

Typings
    ======
    Bobby Flay - ESFp D(?)
    Giada D L - ISFj N or ESFj... I kind of think a weird ISFj / enneagram 2w3?
    Mario Batali - ESFp possible but not sure - his kitchen behind the scenes hedonism is legendary
    Rachel Ray - ESTp
    Emeril Lagasse - ESFj
    Alton Brown - INFj with really developed Ti role, or possibly Alpha NT (though I’d be surprised)
    Guy Fieri - Beta or else that’s just his persona??
    Ina Garten - ISTp
    Anne Burrell - ISTj
    I’m leaving out people I’m not that familiar with.

Thoughts??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12