Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got the tooth gap too (still), it's just related to the size of your jaw vs. your teeth. The positive side was never needing to extract any wisdom teeth since they fit without issues.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI sister's room was always messy. The most orderly person I know is a LSE. How is being neat directly Si related?
    That being said the SLI would keep things clean even if messy. The messiest person I've met was a IEE.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me Si PoLR is like this:

I either don't work or go all in deeply focused
    I either don't eat healthy or if I do I will count all the macros and eat only healthy (keto diet for example)
    I either don't work out or if I do I must be the most hardcore at the gym
    I either love something/someone or not care at all
    I either binge eat or don't eat much at all (similar to diet)
    I either don't try to understand a concept or if I decide I want to understand I dive in every resource I find
    And it takes energy and effort to actually try to be less black and white in everything
    Start small
    Eat moderately healthy
    Do a little of it
    Don't wear yourself out
    Those aren't my style
    There is no harmony

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I admire Si users, but I can’t do Si myself.

After years of pouring instant coffee into a paper cup and adding cold tap water to it and stirring it with my finger until most of the lumps dissolve and then gulping it down for the caffeine, I decided to up my game.

I bought a French press (so no disposable filters) and a fancy ceramic burr (I’m a fan of ceramic tools) grinder and some imported beans and made myself a cup of coffee like those who have actual taste do.

I can’t tell the difference from instant coffee, except it takes longer to prepare.

I should just give up trying.
    It also takes longer to cool down! Why heat something when you're going to wait for it to cool down? I also drink coffee like that but stir with spoon instead. However I wash the spoon and put in back in its place every time

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I get defensive more easily on Si matters.

I once tried to cook with a SEI nearby. A total nightmare.

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled across this article that perfectly describes si polr in my opinion:

https://socionikat.wordpress.com/tag/si/

The same story happened to me, but instead of pillows I was buying a new mattress.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xima View Post

The same story happened to me, but instead of pillows I was buying a new mattress.
    A good story, and perfectly on-point. That would be me, shopping for anything.

This is exactly why I prefer to pay someone to shop for me. My job, then, is to find a buyer whose taste I trust.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(self identified ILI or LIE)
    I thought about getting a gaming chair, but I had to try them out in the store. I didn't remember the names because that's now what I was in the store for, I was just killing time.
    So I remodeled my room, getting a new table, the old one being really shaky and not comfortable at all. Then it came to choosing a new chair, and I thought I'd get some office chair off ebay's craigslist. But I ended up getting a normal chair that was standing outside our apartment in the stairwell, which is sorta hard but enough for me. I don't think I need a gaming chair now.

I also seem to generally suck at relaxing. When I do I get a sunburn from lying in the pool drinking beer. Not someone who is experienced in relaxing would experience. It's more like "okay now I really relax", and then it ends up horrible. Like smoking too much weed.

/rant
    who, me?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si PoLR has always been a confusing topic to me and I usually relate to people's weak Si stories, but as I type myself as Si lead it makes me skeptical of so many weak Si stories since I relate to them as well. But I don't think I relate to this pillow story precisely although I do relate to taking forever to make decisions when shopping and this becoming a problem and so I try to have some kind of flexible plan beforehand because I can't stand that helpless feeling of indecision in the social environment of shopping (there's pressure to make decisions quickly, and I can't decide). I think lots of sensors can be indecisive and will find shopping a nightmare due to the decision paralysis, the overwhelm of stimulus, all the people, the pressure... I mean shopping is stressful. I think most people hate it.

Something similar has happened to me with shoes to the pillow story, but it's more like I feel like all the shoes are wrong, there are no right shoes, and it's impossible to predict which design flaw will cause the whole thing to fall apart within 3 months. There are no good shoes and the time and money needed to find good shoes is not worth it. So I often go through a lot of time wearing really cheap things like flip-flops and they aren't really comfortable but they enable me to avoid the shoe shopping nightmare. I think it may be my feet are unusual. I don't know. But I have been to shoe stores in which I got up the assertive energy to keep trying pairs (which is hard in and of itself) and all the pairs were wrong somehow and I knew this was making it hard for the customer service people, so I would start trying to extricate myself from the situation because I could see no resolution ever coming.

However, I do think there's something that would strike me as unusual about Si PoLR which I've gathered seems to be this hyper-focus on Si in a really weird way that makes other people have to focus on it too, that can seem really OCD at times. I think it's that Si PoLR is likely to be offended by Si awareness, but this makes them feel like the people who are constantly scrutinizing you in this weird sensor way that comes off as uptight (although maybe they are hyper-focusing on their HA so it's Se and not Si?). It feels like a sensor. But it's the exact opposite. It differs from the Si DS and HA people who are constantly trying to get others to focus on Si because they want help. I find all of it fairly unbearable and have generally related to Si role and I prefer to not devote time to these things. When I'm uncomfortable and it's some big deal, eventually I will know and until eventually comes it's the best state and I wish it would last forever. I experience things as spending most of my time sedentary and I'll very slowly become of aware of discomfort because I'm just not focused on my body in general. The point that the discomfort is addressed is once it reaches this urgency in how painful it is that it can't be ignored and it is soon forgotten quickly (there's always this awareness lag sometimes of hours but there's also nothing wrong with this). And I know this has been used to describe Si role, but I feel like Si dominants may have this ability to acclimatize to personal pain and discomfort in which they generally can maintain a state of pain management by being more internally creative about how to process pain in their own consciousness? And then it can look like Si role?

That said, the issue is Si awareness is often talked about in this bodily way, and in a limited range. I think that I'm using Si when I edit how game characters look, I'm attracted to them looking good and I get a high when I created something that looks good (what looks good is often if it's bizarre enough or unusual enough which may be related to Ne DS), until I realize there was something I didn't notice about it (Se ignoring?), and then all the flaws come out, and that mindset of being aware of those flaws is a never-ending hell, which is why I feel it's best not to engage. It leads nowhere. Although perhaps this is Se. All those details would be perceived through Se.

When it comes to Si as described in Socionics I don't want help with it and I certainly don't want to be strained by others looking for help with it. Only they can know what they need and I see it as rude to put the burden on someone else because it's dumping that stress on others who certainly will not be able to solve the problem because they don't have the experience of the person who needs something... there's no access so it's like asking someone to be psychic in this way which makes no sense.

I think when it comes to best taste in this professional way it's this weird culture. It's not about Si or Se. It's about a culture of what is acceptable. For instance, don't paint that wall bright green, that's too... my god... it's not like all the eggshell paint. There are only some clothes that fit into the office culture. You need to be wearing those clothes. Etc.
    Last edited by marooned; 07-22-2020 at 09:31 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think I'm a SEI now but it makes me cringe everytime I lurk around the forum to read people's interpretation@ misinterpretation about it. I was reluctant to join discussions about this topic because of this too.

For instance, I can live in a huge pile of mess until I can barely stand it. Most of the times (90%) Ill just call a cleaner to clean my house, even if I am broke at the moment. Other times (10%, once in a while) I will go OCD and scrub everything including the inside of my husband's nostrils. People often think being a Si lead means one is good at housekeeping or maintaining them. But I am fucked in this life and I am bad at it even if I like it if it is clean and organized. Who doesn't like their surroundings to be clean at least?

My mother said when I was young I was the most lost child among my siblings when our family went out. She often had to go back to the stores@ parks just to see me being totally unaware of me being left behind because I was busy caught up at looking at something. I still have that kind of moment now I am an adult. I attribute this to being Se ignoring. Others in the forum might see this as being Si role I think?

Anyways regarding to Si polr in LIEs or in EIE think it is probably can be seen in extremities like the ability@more tendencies of them to push themselves to reach a certain goal and unaware what their body needs at the moment (e.g. sleep@ shower etc. while can be an ass about it in other times) but I do this too sometimes so I don't know. Si leads probably don't like it if they HAVE to do this, but they CAN. I think my cousin is probably a Si polr, he is quite a successful fashion designer. He often work for days to weeks without rest and once he didnt sleep for more than a week before a fashion show. His body then couldnt take it, he fainted at work and had to recuperate of the lack of rest for another week. The fact that he is into this kind of stressful job also makes me think of Si polr. Me OTOH do nothing while complaining about being a loser in life. I often bulldoze deadlines, late at meetings, and generally bad at being alive (being alive means surviving, right?)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since SEI suck at finding their way along routes and reading maps in my experience, I'd say it's part of the Te PoLR more than anything else. SLI are the ones that are very good at this. The Si of SEI is not focused on practical Te things, it's more sentimental. Also being effectively clean and organized is more SLI than SEI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xima View Post

Does she have any other articles about any other polrs like ne polr or Ti polr

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrolyV2 View Post
    Does she have any other articles about any other polrs like ne polr or Ti polr
    Unfortunately not. She started her blog in 2016, but did not follow through.
    She did write a more general article on Polr:
    https://socionikat.wordpress.com/201...tect-yourself/

A good story, and perfectly on-point. That would be me, shopping for anything.

This is exactly why I prefer to pay someone to shop for me. My job, then, is to find a buyer whose taste I trust.
    I think she gave a great description of Si Polr because she is herself a LIE, or a EIE (less likely).
    As she explained, you don't know how to respond to your Polr, unless you had previous experience (1D).
    And even then, you probably quickly forget how to respond because it's unvalued. I notice I get defensive more easily on Si matters and would rather avoid the topic altogether, just like you avoid shopping for anything.
    Last edited by Xima; 07-24-2020 at 05:14 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only definitive differences I've observed between 1DSi and 4DSi is the attention or awareness of personal well being aka comfort. In second place is an understanding of human nature and all that it implies vs pushing for getting things the unnatural/forced way.

SEI

LIE

SLI is like the middle between SEI and LIE.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-24-2020 at 11:51 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    My SLI sister's room was always messy. The most orderly person I know is a LSE. How is being neat directly Si related?
    That being said the SLI would keep things clean even if messy. The messiest person I've met was a IEE.
    Ppl in this forum enjoy creating their own socio-cosmology and myths.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my SLI dad cleaned the kitchen floor by sweeping all the crumbs under the fridge (efficient!) and having my sister and I do the rest. lol

Like every other type, I think some Si doms are neat and some are messy. Some may like cleaning, some may hate it. Some seek an aesthetic, some don't. So on. As always, individual traits like "being tidy" mean nothing. They don't get to the core of type-related things, not by themselves anyway.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It feels like ignoring their sense of comfort or harmony with others in order to succeed in business or Te related stuff. Making a lot of money like a typical LIE businessman (or more like the more 'average' LIEs who have aspirations of being big business ppl but aren't there yet) - money isn't the root of all evil or anything but you obviously have to hurt people's feelings and some peaceful relations with people to get ahead. It's also the nature of Te vs. Ti, as Te tries new things where as Ti is more static.

Si in a vacuum is like an AoE healing spell and Te in a vacuum is like a multi-dot poison.

The functions all kinda fuse and work with each other to create a whole type, like an IEI's Te polr actually enhances our Ni creative writing skills. Part of the reason why the Te is so good is because the Si is so bad etc.

I think depending on the maturity of the individual LIE they either career climb very well or they do it really crappy/immaturely. (where their Si polr can be so painful and bad that even an IEI or SEI gets better ahead in the company than them lol) I guess socionically they would be more impressed if an IEI got promoted over them and more secretly upset/hateful if an SEI did cuz of conflicting relations but that's just a general hunch.

I also feel Si polr can manifest in anger that's either too repressed or too expressed. The anger doesn't flow all that naturally and instead of focusing on it they try to change the subject into something more 'objective' or logical but... this doesn't always work lol. But it also depends on how they can manipulate people with their Fe role as that can also mask some of the Si polr weakness. They also are very much well aware of how most Americans don't give a shit about your internal world and instead just want to keep everything 'straight and objective' but I think, how adapt they are at manipulating those things to their favor depends on the LIE.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    It feels like ignoring their sense of comfort or harmony with others in order to succeed in business or Te related stuff. Making a lot of money like a typical LIE businessman (or more like the more 'average' LIEs who have aspirations of being big business ppl but aren't there yet) - money isn't the root of all evil or anything but you obviously have to hurt people's feelings and some peaceful relations with people to get ahead. It's also the nature of Te vs. Ti, as Te tries new things where as Ti is more static.

Si in a vacuum is like an AoE healing spell and Te in a vacuum is like a multi-dot poison.

The functions all kinda fuse and work with each other to create a whole type, like an IEI's Te polr actually enhances our Ni creative writing skills. Part of the reason why the Te is so good is because the Si is so bad etc.

I think depending on the maturity of the individual LIE they either career climb very well or they do it really crappy/immaturely. (where their Si polr can be so painful and bad that even an IEI or SEI gets better ahead in the company than them lol) I guess socionically they would be more impressed if an IEI got promoted over them and more secretly upset/hateful if an SEI did cuz of conflicting relations but that's just a general hunch.

I also feel Si polr can manifest in anger that's either too repressed or too expressed. The anger doesn't flow all that naturally and instead of focusing on it they try to change the subject into something more 'objective' or logical but... this doesn't always work lol. But it also depends on how they can manipulate people with their Fe role as that can also mask some of the Si polr weakness. They also are very much well aware of how most Americans don't give a shit about your internal world and instead just want to keep everything 'straight and objective' but I think, how adapt they are at manipulating those things to their favor depends on the LIE.
    I actually get thrilled by pushing past my discomfort while in action, like biking 10 miles and up hills to work, excercising outside through a rainstorm, etc. Lifting heavy things...staying up all night to write a paper or help someone move house, etc. I read about that under Se in the ENTJ description, but it could be Si and Se related

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire Si users, but I can’t do Si myself.

After years of pouring instant coffee into a paper cup and adding cold tap water to it and stirring it with my finger until most of the lumps dissolve and then gulping it down for the caffeine, I decided to up my game.

I bought a French press (so no disposable filters) and a fancy ceramic burr (I’m a fan of ceramic tools) grinder and some imported beans and made myself a cup of coffee like those who have actual taste do.

I can’t tell the difference from instant coffee, except it takes longer to prepare.

I should just give up trying.
    Cafe Bustelo instant espresso is amazing if you can get a hold of it. Super smooth flavor and a hefty dose of caffeine. Also, there is lots of gross coffee out there. If you want to stick to your french press, I recommend Kona blend.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend's dad is a professor of mathematics. LIE (C). He had his room insulated so that he wouldn't be disturbed by noise while thinking. He also put lots of emphasis on sleeping enough, naps in the afternoon etc. He liked classical music and bought the best and most expensive sound system you could get.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Disgusting.
    It's not disgusting..it's clean hair. There's nothing gross about hair. Bacteria on the other hand..

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My math teacher’s walls were completely grey. No decorations besides nerdy vidya game figurines, it looked like a prison cell. His room was always really freezing and for some reason his shirt was always untucked and frumped in weird places. Also, his lanyard chain always went over the collar of his shirt instead of under... this honestly triggered me to the point of feeling antsy/itchy just looking at him. He had a mildly strange walk, very jerky. He reminded me of a dorky dracula. Oh, and he always wore these butt-ugly grandma athletic sneakers which looked weird with the formal cuffed longsleeves he liked (especially a very bright eggplant colored one! Should've been considered an assault on the eyes smh)

Best teacher I ever had tho.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 09-08-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not LIE (it would take some nerve to call myself an entrepreneur) but I am a teacher. My classroom is the only one with blank walls. I've never seen any advantage to make any effort in decoration.

I admit I also dress very plainly and systematically.
    Last edited by BaruchJorgell; 06-11-2021 at 05:09 PM.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    I am not LIE (it would take some nerve to call myself an entrepreneur) but I am a math teacher. My classroom is the only one with blank walls. I've never seen any advantage to make any effort in decoration.
    You don't think setting the right atmosphere could potentially help in teaching? I hated my high school growing up. It looked like a prison and all the rooms looked the same as a prison. If it was like Hogwarts, that would have been awesome. I probably would have like going to school.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have studied in a few places looking like Hogwarts. I admit it gave me the feeling of being privileged.
    But I'm bold enough to think my students already feel privileged if they're in the same room as me. It doesn't take me much effort to be welcoming, funny (teenagers are a good audience), and to provoke curiosity. Enough with the bragging (for now).
    Honestly, if I really had to improve my classroom, I would be lost. It would look, at best, like one of my colleagues' room (they're not on par with Hogwarts). However, I always give my public the choice of lighting, temperature, aeration. I don't personally benefit from any of those.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

restless
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snek View Post
    My math teacher’s walls were completely grey. No decorations besides nerdy vidya game figurines, it looked like a prison cell. His room was always really freezing and for some reason his shirt was always untucked and frumped in weird places. Also, his lanyard chain always went over the collar of his shirt instead of under... this honestly triggered me to the point of feeling antsy/itchy just looking at him. He had a mildly strange walk, very jerky. He reminded me of a dorky dracula. Oh, and he always wore these butt-ugly grandma athletic sneakers which looked weird with the formal cuffed longsleeves he liked (especially a very bright eggplant colored one! Should've been considered an assault on the eyes smh)

I got such sad looks and tasked with remedying not having my classroom decorated when I was a comp sci teacher. Smh

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snek View Post

HAHAAAAA! I laughed out loud. This is so Si I physically felt it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    My friend's dad is a professor of mathematics. LIE (C). He had his room insulated so that he wouldn't be disturbed by noise while thinking. He also put lots of emphasis on sleeping enough, naps in the afternoon etc. He liked classical music and bought the best and most expensive sound system you could get.
    God i really hate noise while I´m thinking, even while I´m thinking about the most stupid thing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I helped LIE narrow down what clothes to buy online during a sale, as she didn't want to surpass a certain price.
    Struck me how she didn't pay much attention to the specific sizing and measurements of clothing (the fit). I would also say things like, "the material is all polyester and on the picture, it looks like it'll be very thin and not durable.. the wind will bite right through" or "you have so many striped shirts already so why buy this similar one as well it's a waste" or "the neckline on this winter sweater looks very wide and cold and it's the type of sweater that's harder to layer"..

Afterwards, she was more impressed than i expected. but, it was expressed in what seemed to me to be in a non dual-seeking way. like, "oh that's a cool extra thing i didn't think about"

I think this is an example of Si PoLR
    Last edited by persimmonism; 09-15-2020 at 01:55 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I helped LIE narrow down what clothes to buy online during a sale, as she didn't want to surpass a certain price.
    Struck me how she didn't pay much attention to the specific sizing and measurements of clothing (the fit). I would also say things like, "the material is all polyester and on the picture, it looks like it'll be very thin and not durable.. the wind will bite right through" or "you have so many striped shirts already so why buy this similar one as well it's a waste" or "the neckline on this winter sweater looks very wide and cold and it's the type of sweater that's harder to layer"..

Afterwards, she was more impressed than i expected. but, it was expressed in what seemed to me to be in a non dual-seeking way. like, "oh that's a cool extra thing i didn't think about"

I think this is an example of Si PoLR
    I saw a female LIE wearing a trench coat and it looked like someone took a black trash bag and wrapped it around her shoulders and taped it together crookedly in front.
    It was dull black, didn't fit, didn't hang right, wasn't stylish in any way, seemed to have buttons which were 3" in diameter (although that might just be the impression it gave), and she seemed completely oblivious to the way it looked.

Seeing other LIE's dress themselves is exactly the reason why I don't pick out my own clothes any more.

My god. I was just thinking about the outfit I was wearing and I'm now wondering how bad that looked.

I don't miss my SLI ex in any way other than the fact that I miss her excellent Si.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

Sometimes anger is just the only way to get things done
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    I am not LIE (it would take some nerve to call myself an entrepreneur) but I am a math teacher. My classroom is the only one with blank walls. I've never seen any advantage to make any effort in decoration.

Some colleagues have put on their walls:
    -elements of math history (completely unrelated to the high-school math curriculum mostly, and containing difficult words)
    -formulas (strenghtening the wrong idea that math is about memorizing random, meaningless and untouchable things)
    -geomtric drawings (they look beautiful, but are far too complex for our students).

I admit I also dress very plainly and systematically.
    busy decorations really distract me as a student. might be parta why I dont think they are always the answer

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theoretically I'm a Ni PolR's dual (not LIE.. EIE).. <_< curious tho if my approach would bother a LIE.

4D Si (Demonstrative), daily morning routine:

I sleep either on the floor or hard mattress bed or wherever I can.. wake up at 5:15, sleepwalk into a cold shower.. internally scream and sharply suck air in through gritted teeth as the icy water shocks me awake. Brush teeth, deodorant, hair gel, dress by 5:35, feed the cat and start my 40 minute speed-walk to work (fuck the car). Change T-shirt at work (because it's sweaty by the time I arrive) coffee, filtered black, no sugar.

Standard attire for autumn-winter usually looks like this, black with darker or pastel colors (no bright ones), everything slim fit is a must (no logos, slogans, clean):

Standard attire for spring-summer usually looks like this, black with darker or pastel colors (no bright ones), everything slim fit is a must (no logos, slogans, clean):

I like my combat boots and chucks Stuff I buy must be good quality and reliable, paying more for better stuff . Wardrobe is compact & efficient, I don't have many clothes or shoes.

At home I wear whatever or clothes that suck and I set them aside for "this will get destroyed when I do stuff around the house & garden".
    On the weekend I'll go to sleep whenever the fuck I feel like & wake up the same. I prefer to have a clean and organized environment, but personally I'm messy e_e and only clean up when the chaos & dirt is starting to get on my nerves.

I like to keep things simple and I'm rather spartan for myself, but I did note that when it comes to the girlfriend's (or other ppl's) Si needs I'm much more engaging and thoughtful... that is if she appreciates it (some women don't) I'm not fond of hearing ppl complain about comfort, annoying.

I also cut my own hair lol.. with good results.. the first time I cut it.. results were terrible tho. Live and learn.
    Last edited by SGF; 09-16-2020 at 09:57 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

During our marriage, I let my SLI-Te ex-wife run the house. Everything that happened to it was her doing. It got repainted and redecorated with new and very tasteful furniture. Some items were truly amazing in that way that only SLI's have.

But then she moved out and I divorced her. She took the nice stuff with her.

I replaced a lot of the furniture with stuff I got from family members, and none of it matches. Also, since she had zero interest in putting money into the house rather than her retirement account, the bones of the house suffered. So all the basic systems, like plumbing, HVAC, electrical, roof, windows, insulation, and appliances all had to be replaced.

In order to get to this stuff, I've had to remove the plaster walls and ceilings on the inside. And because I'm doing this out of cash flow because a house without a kitchen can't be borrowed against, the repairs are taking a long time. Basically, my LSE sister said it looks like a crack house, and she's right. Honestly, living in a destroyed house doesn't bother me, but it's not going to stay like this, because I might need to sell the place someday.

In the meantime, it looks like Nick Wilde's house in Zootopia. https://imgur.com/a/EH2yyc2
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-12-2021 at 06:52 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just made a lunch of braised, wild-caught salmon, pan-fried asparagus, a cucumber salad with red onions and a vinegar-parsley dressing, and a cold lemon-ginger tea, (all made from scratch), put it all on a tray, then tipped the tray over onto the kitchen floor.

This is why I eat in restaurants.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    My brother as a baby:
    1) jumped out of his own stroller onto hard, un-carpeted floor (as an infant)
    2) rolled off the bed onto the floor (I was supposed to be watching him but my baby teeth were getting bloody and coming out - and the moment I leave for just a few seconds...)
    3) when he could crawl, would hit his head several times everywhere
    I could make a large catalog of my scars and broken bones.

When I was really small, I was riding on the back of a friend's tricycle and fell off backwards, but my foot was tangled up with the trike and my head went bouncing down the sidewalk as my friend peddled furiously, unaware that anything had happened. My mother witnessed this and told me later, because I have no recollection.
    I can to this day punch holes in drywall with the part of my skull over my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I’m still surprised he isn’t physically or psychologically hurt by this in any way
    If he is LIE, how would you know?

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds about right for murphy's law...

I used to do that a ton, but currently, I've gone a while without incident. Forget to turn off the stove though. For comparison, I will never break any bones.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast