Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come that people have different types?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How come that people have different types?

If we picked out 100 people that have the same type, would we eventually get more people of that type or would next generation be the same spread that of today?

If so, it is in the DNA? Or the first years of out life that determent? Maybe it is a bigger construct of what is needed in the society that make us be different types so we can met the challenges and survive as species?

I never had a satisfied answer to this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure I read something before about trauma during certain stages of pregnancy being correlated with the quadra you develop into. If I can remember it, I'll post it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    If we picked out 100 people that have the same type, would we eventually get more people of that type or would next generation be the same spread that of today?

If so, it is in the DNA? Or the first years of out life that determent? Maybe it is a bigger construct of what is needed in the society that make us be different types so we can met the challenges and survive as species?

Yea it sounds more likely. I mean u often hear "u look likeur father" or"she looks likeher mother" or aunt oe whatever. We look like our family personalitywise so yeah...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    How would that account for twins? I'm SLE and my twin is LII---two different quadras.
    you probably punched them in utero.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How would that account for twins? I'm SLE and my twin is LII---two different quadras.
    I wonder if one twin is a reaction to the other?

My parents are Delta LSE and SLI, and I'm LIE (Te-dom from my mother and from my Te-creative father, but probably a submarine trait from my LIE grandfather), I have an LSE sister (from my mother, of course) and an LII sister (same function stack as me, but everything is reversed in orientation - extrovert for introvert, and vice versa). The LII and I really look alike, but the LSE sister is probably a submarine from my father's mother, whom she resembles.

Just as physical resemblances can be inherited, so too can brain structures and a preference for which circuits are more likely to be used.

I think the apples don't fall far from the trees, function-wise.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-05-2018 at 05:04 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it's interesting. There is no clear pattern, but there is a tendency to a pattern. It's almost as nature is playing a game

Some parents and their children:

LSI + IEI:

LSI
    LSI
    LSI
    LSE

LSI + ESI:

ESI
    ESI
    ESI
    LSI

LIE + ESI:

IEE
    LSI

LSI + ESI:
    SEI
    ESE

LII + EIE:

LII
    LII

LSI + EIE:

LSI
    LSI
    IEE

LSI + ESE:

SEE
    ESE
    SEI

LIE + SEE:

ILE
    LII
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When people see me and 3 of my siblings together they say: Are you sure that you come from the same family (physical traits are somewhat similar)? Has someone swapped you in the hospital when you were born?

Very diverse bunch (4 quadras represented). It is unusual. (2 Ep,1 Ej, 1 Ip).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The next generation would have equal need for all eight elements anyways, so I predict it would distribute evenly. Especially as the 100 people of the same type are severely lacking or not fully competent in countless areas. So the idea would be: sociotype allocation depends on compensation.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a greater force that determines what types are born.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

if everybody was LSE as we now understand LSEs but a 16-personality typing system still existed, we would still find a way to type people according to it. the LSEs who were more introverted, sensitive, and lackadaisical compared to the other LSEs might become SEIs for example.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In DCNH article Gulenko describes D,C, N and H formation. Further he goes on and says that you can continue this further on...
    Filling up your roles comes in eventually such as: director, generator, door closer, stabilizer.

Anyways regarding to thinking , I would not expect to happen that much.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's male, that means not a monozygotic twin, and hence he could be another type entirely. If he was monocygotic, then only two choices would be possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    If he's male, that means not a monozygotic twin, and hence he could be another type entirely. If he was monocygotic, then only two choices would be possible.
    I know monozygotic twins...they used to be really similar when younger (like 20), but now I could imagine them being different types...well not really I still think they are both LIEs...mhmhmh
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we have two camps basically. One of which is that the human being is complex so that we can not make this rules about them really. Socionics is just a filter applied to the human and if two human are too alike they are automatically the same type. So you got higher change being the same type as one of the parent.

Other camp is that type is a bigger construct and that people kind of randomly or not get different characteristics which serve the bigger purpose of diversity in the human pool. Much like entropy the next generation get different types.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Type seems to be more a result of imprinting. DNA provides core processors and everyone is equipped with identical configuration potential; however processors of various individuals have different efficiencies (information handling capabilities). Even the most effective processors cannot handle all the information that is available from the senses so information has to be pared down significantly in order to cope - hence type is born. Fetuses are aware of and are affected by their environments and start learning in the womb that certain perceptions and processing structures make better use of their processors - and this habituation becomes reinforced and refined throughout the early years of life.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So while thinking of this a bit further i come to the conclusion it have to be the mother who have the dominant voice in this. It is because when the child is in its first days and months of life some parts of the brain get more attention for reasons than other and thats why we start be developed in a type.

It probably happening while being a fetus.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

At this point, all we can do is speculate.

Socionics is, IMO, pseudoscience (albeit fun, or I wouldn't be here), that's not say there's nothing to it, but there is no hard scientific proof that any of this exists in the manner we think, so to tie this in with questions of genetics vs environment is pure speculation.

I don't know.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    Put this in your signature then.

This thread, and others like it, are for people who want to be typed, and for people who are helping with that typing.

Bizarre criticism of supposed esotericism is at the very least unnecessarily disruptive, and out of place.
    Alright.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    At this point, all we can do is speculate.

Socionics is, IMO, pseudoscience (albeit fun, or I wouldn't be here), that's not say there's nothing to it, but there is no hard scientific proof that any of this exists in the manner we think, so to tie this in with questions of genetics vs environment is pure speculation.

I don't know.
    Bless you. An "LIE" who doesn't take fairy tale bullshit to be some scientific reality and run with it to the fucking extreme might actually be Se and Te valuing in my pov

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Bless you. An "LIE" who doesn't take fairy tale bullshit to be some scientific reality and run with it to the fucking extreme might actually be Se and Te valuing in my pov
    Is that good or bad? Lol.

I'm guessing good or you wouldn't have liked, but the LIE being quotes threw me off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we'll see you in the astrology threads then. Or be a member here since 1996. Anyway the forum is about socionics, there's nothing wrong with talking about socionics on a socionics forum.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Is that good or bad? Lol.
    Good!!! I think it indicates that you're smart and sane.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good!!! I think it indicates that you're smart and sane.
    Haha, thanks, I like to think so!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I guess we'll see you in the astrology threads then. Or be a member here since 1996. Anyway the forum is about socionics, there's nothing wrong with talking about socionics on a socionics forum.
    You can talk about socionics with a smart and sane pov. It's possible. Watch Avebury or anybody who doesn't say things like:

"socionics is/will soon be mapped in the brain"
    "she wore red shoes, so probably esi"
    "he cares about politics, so he's gamma"

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nobody is saying there is.

I just wish there was more we could do to make it into a hard science, and not just theorycraft.

I mean, I'm all for discussing socionics, but you seem to think saying something isn't perfect or ideal in its current state is like rejecting that thing, I'm looking to make it better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is saying there is.

I just wish there was more we could do to make it into a hard science, and not just theorycraft.

I mean, I'm all for discussing socionics, but you seem to think saying something isn't perfect or ideal in its current state is like rejecting that thing, I'm looking to make it better.
    Yeah I just thought it was ironic that someone would be criticizing socionics for not having a scientific backing and being a fairy tale while same person takes part in horoscopes and tarot too, actually all personality 'theories'.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha
    You can talk about socionics with a smart and sane pov. It's possible. Watch Avebury or anybody who doesn't say things like:

"socionics is/will soon be mapped in the brain"
    "she wore red shoes, so probably esi"
    "he cares about politics, so he's gamma"
    You're free to contribute and offer something better if you see it like that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yeah I just thought it was ironic that someone would be criticizing socionics for not having a scientific backing and being a fairy tale while same person takes part in horoscopes and tarot too, actually all personality 'theories'.
    All the same to me, that's the difference.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the same to me, that's the difference.
    Yeah it begs the question why you're even here, fine if your pals are here and all that stuff, but, if you don't want to take part in socionics discussions/don't see the merit of them, why waste your time being critical of the discussions taking place? That just doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yeah it begs the question why you're even here, fine if you pals are here and all that stuff, but, if you don't want to take part in socionics discussions/don't see the merit of them, why waste your time being critical of the discussions taking place? That just doesn't make sense.
    Because they're bad. You can talk about socionics without being a dumbass. See above

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they're bad. You can talk about socionics without being a dumbass. See above
    That brings me back to my first point,

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac
    You're free to contribute and offer something better if you see it like that.
    If you see a better way to do this, to take part in them, then why don't you take part in them and show us how you think it should be done?

For you,

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...What-s-My-Type

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

That brings me back to my first point,

If you see a better way to do this, to take part in them, then why don't you take part in them and show us how you think it should be done?

For you,

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...What-s-My-Type
    For somebody who's constantly feeling victimized and begging to be put on ignore you sure are a persistent little bitch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For somebody who's constantly feeling victimized and begging to be put on ignore you sure are a persistent little bitch.
    ashlesha
    : I'm drunk and actually posting in threads, this is bad

ashlesha
    : Not enough chatbox entertainment

I see.

I don't actually feel victimized (another projection?) It would be nice to have a reasonably pleasant conversation with you, but it's OK, do what you've got to do.

All the best.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bye!

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye!
    Where are you going? You've been here since 2010.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Where are you going? You've been here since 2010.
    Hurt me

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Go go go

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurt me
    Night night, i'll speak to you in the morning.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In spite of you making it as personal as you can muster every time I disagree with you I still don't give a shit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post

We don't know. All I know is that type is determined very early in life or at conception. It could be genetic, epigenetic, or environmental, but the fact that type doesn't change later in life would suggest that it's not environmental.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Since we have all the IEs in us (just used in different levels, dimensions) we can think personality is developed in the first stages of infancy. Thats the same thing Freud with his personality model (ego-super ego-id) used in socionics, suggest as the formation of personality.

@Tallmo, thats interesting, have you seen a pattern for LSE-ESE and SLI-IEE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast