Thread: Subtype me (niffer)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    But with socionics subtypes these flare-ups really happen once every blue moon on the average. The holding in refers to them holding in insisting on their judgement and personal opinions (Ti) which happens in favor of extraverted functions Se-Fe i.e. they are basically go-with-the-flow, irrationality personified refraining from judgement until something subconscious hits them.
    How would you describe an SLE-Ti acting by contrast?
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    The harmonizing Marshall subtype (SLE), of course, is inferior to the other subtypes by the manifestation of the power sensorics and differs from them in the direction of greater sensitivity. But this subtype of SLE surpasses them by their intellectual abilities and the ability to solve practical problems in a combinatorial way instead of direct pressure.”
    source
    I feel like I’m just being racially profiled

()

I disagree that H’s Se manifestation would be weaker than the others per se (because Si, another sensing IE would be boosted supposedly)... in the same way it’d be strange to say an IEI-C’s Ni manifestation would be weaker. I think it’s more like the nature of how it manifests would be displaced kind of.

I’m not sure what the intellectual abilities thing comes from. It’s like he’s trying to indirectly say he thinks Se is dumb without openly admitting it.
    Last edited by niffer; 06-08-2018 at 05:01 AM.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That reminds me, one time on the way home @HERO and I went to pick up groceries. I’m not sure if he was trying to be politically or culturally sentitive towards me but he bought fortune cookies LOL . He has a very calming vibe, and it was a very chill time, nature of duality?? Anyway I’ll take you out to eat proper Chinese food next time .

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    That reminds me, one time on the way home @HERO and I went to pick up groceries. I’m not sure if he was trying to be politically or culturally sentitive towards me but he bought fortune cookies LOL . He has a very calming vibe, and it was a very chill time, nature of duality?? Anyway I’ll take you out to eat proper Chinese food next time .
    I don't think I was trying to be politically or culturally sensitive, at least not consciously. I guess I just saw them and decided to buy a box of fortune cookies, especially since I don't remember ever buying them before. I also bought some sweets with matcha/green tea and peach-flavored Coca Cola. I'll probably have to buy another box of fortune cookies before 2018 is over. I get 6/49 (lottery) numbers from them. I've only had two so far, and they said "THE CURRENT YEAR WILL BRING YOU GREAT HAPPINESS." & "YOU ARE HEADING FOR A LAND OF SUNSHINE AND FUN."
    Last edited by HERO; 06-13-2018 at 06:06 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@HERO

In the description what am I supposed to be looking for? It is long lol. Did you want me to highlight what works and what doesn’t or something?

I think overall this description focuses on what the Meged descriptions would classify as being Ti subtype. I’m not as aggressively grumpy and steely as this description would suggest and I’m sure you could agree. Sometimes I get into darker moods where I do have that side of me, but I am much more focused on being personable and fluffy if I can be, especially when around people in person.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to highlight what works if you don't want to or don't have the time. I don't mind. I remember sending that description to someone who's probably Se-ESTp, and that person didn't really like the description too much, so I guess it is kind of a Ti-ESTp description more than anything. I'm not really a fan of that description either; I was just curious as to how you'd respond to it. I think your response makes it seem even likelier that you are Se-ESTp and not Ti-ESTp.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@HERO Lol that being said, when I AM a bit grumpier some people who are more sensitive towards emotions or who know me well can really pick up on it. I think I do have a sort of drill seargent-like vibe sometimes based on people’s reactions some of the time to me (and without it really being intentional). Like I am frequently told that I seem really serious and that I should smile more.

Like I’ll never forget the time when I was living at a shared house in Japan last year, one morning I came back from a run with my hair tied back and rushing around all intense, I went into the kitchen to get my water bottle and said good morning, and all the guys who were watching TV in there suddenly sat upright really straight and said “GOOD MORNING” to me in unison in Japanese (this was the only time this happened lol, most of the time things were much more chill).

But in reality when things like this happen, internally I’m feeling like this guy:

But then again people tell me once they get to know me a bit better they realize I’m essentially a laid-back unserious person.
    Last edited by niffer; 06-08-2018 at 07:28 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a SLE (idk about subtype) "harmonizing" classmate @ college. He was quite intellectual, in some ways more than me, I was quicker but he had a deeper understanding of some specific contexts. He was male though so it´s hard to compare.

There was also a Se-SLE woman and she had an almost SEE feel to her, except more abrasive - you don´t seem similar.

So overall I vote for mixed subtype.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I had a SLE (idk about subtype) "harmonizing" classmate @ college. He was quite intellectual, in some ways more than me, I was quicker but he had a deeper understanding of some specific contexts. He was male though so it´s hard to compare.

There was also a Se-SLE woman and she had an almost SEE feel to her, except more abrasive - you don´t seem similar.

So overall I vote for mixed subtype.
    By mixed subtype do you mean in between Se and Ti? It’s not that clear to me how you got to this conclusion based on what you shared above there.

Since you don’t seem to think I seem similar, what do you think others here could be seeing when they do think I am Se subtype?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By mixed subtype do you mean in between Se and Ti? It’s not that clear to me how you got to this conclusion based on what you shared above there.
    Yeah, mixed between Se and Ti. Thus no subtype.

I perceive you as different from both the Se-SLE woman I know, and a bit similar to the SLE-H male I know. The natural conclusion would be that I would type you as SLE-Ti (since you´re not similar to the Se variant imho), but since:

others here could be seeing when they do think I am Se subtype?
    Then I settle on mixed since there´s other people who see you as Se.

Overall a pretty crappy typing from a logical pov, I must admit yeah.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But you are saying you see me as similar to the “SLE-Ti-H” male then right @FDG ? But then are only diluting your final opinion based on others’ opinions typical Te valuing asskissing victim shite! Don’t pussyfoot around lol.

So what about me do you think matches with this guy and what is different?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange What do you think?

without ass-kissing please, if it’s even possible
    Last edited by niffer; 06-08-2018 at 08:36 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you are saying you see me as similar to the “SLE-Ti-H” male then right @FDG ? But then are only diluting your final opinion based on others’ opinions typical Te valuing asskissing victim shite! Don’t pussyfoot around lol.

So what about me do you think matches with this guy and what is different?
    You are more business-purposeful than him at least from the impression you give here. He is also quite stable in terms of mood and you seem somewhat more moody.

Similarity: both intellectually inclined, both have a family-oriented side.

my2c

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are more business-purposeful than him at least from the impression you give here. He is also quite stable in terms of mood and you seem somewhat more moody.

Similarity: both intellectually inclined, both have a family-oriented side.

my2c
    >.> Where does the family-oriented come from?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>.> Where does the family-oriented come from?
    Some stuff you wrote here and there, don´t ask me to quote now though...

If I´m wrong just say it

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some stuff you wrote here and there, don´t ask me to quote now though...

If I´m wrong just say it

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange What do you think?

without ass-kissing please, if it’s even possible
    Hi, @niffer.

Tough question. I work with two SLE's, one is Ti and the other is Se.

The SLE-Ti guy has a PhD and an MBA and can't tell you why he got them. He is very good at writing in a way that fantastically impresses me, but has a hard time with strategic thinking. He doesn't seem to get the big picture and doesn't really do much. He looks like a Business God, though. Great for impressing customers and getting them to sign contracts. He has executive hair and is tall and thin at 52.

The SLE-Se probably didn't finish college but if you give him a rock and some twine he will build you anything you ask for. He doesn't seem to think past the next twenty minutes, but he can tell you if someone moved something in a room which he last saw a month ago. He seems to need to be doing something every minute. If he's not pointed at a task, what he does is worry about whether or not he's still needed or he does busy-work, like organizing his work space. If you walk in to "his" area (which is a common area he has claimed, not strictly his), he's right there asking you why you are intruding on his space.

Both of these guys have this underlying insecurity about whether or not people like them, but they never state that in an obvious way. Both of them are personally assertive one-on-one, to the point of being really annoying sometimes. The SLE-Ti guy is gay (he looks like that white-haired guy on Mad Men, or like a thinner Mike Pence) but is smart enough to know that advertising that fact would hurt his image and so never talks about his private life, but he basically finds a lover where ever he happens to be. The SLE-Se is married but he serially cheats on his wife, because "she is an unstable, unreliable bitch and doesn't understand" him, and he devotes all his efforts towards his daughter.

So the question seems to be, do I see you as being smarter with facts and systems or more active in the world? I'd say smarter with facts and systems, so I'd lean toward SLE-Ti.

Your low-dimensional Fi and Fe (which I share), and your plain and refreshing assertiveness and bluntness would be common to both sub-types.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks @Adam Strange

Lol the SLE-Se guy sounds like a wild animal. I guess I have trouble seeing how people like that can exist in modern society. My SLE landlord sounds kind of like this guy but isn’t that extreme. He’s a software developer, who seemed pleasantly amazed when I broke a glass bottle on the cement outside a few days ago. It doesn’t happen very often though, mind you (I don’t think ever before ).

I just wonder where the line needs to be drawn for it to be considered one and not the other. Because I am out and about a lot, but that’s obviously not going to be very visible through the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    do I see you as being smarter with facts and systems or more active in the world?
    Like I’m quite literally constantly going to and living in different places moving around the world, of my own volition.
    Last edited by niffer; 06-08-2018 at 11:38 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Adam

Lol the SLE-Se guy sounds like a wild animal. I guess I have trouble seeing how people like that can exist in modern society. My SLE landlord sounds kind of like this guy but isn’t that extreme. He’s a software developer, who seemed pleasantly amazed when I broke a glass bottle on the cement outside a few days ago.
    Yes, he's kind of a beast. The only thing that restrains him is his need to be liked.
    The police have been to his house (his wife called them), he has real problems working in most places (but LIE's can see his usefulness and aren't bothered by 1D Fi and 2D Fe) and he simply can't be beat for getting things done in the physical world, although he can take a really random approach to a job if things aren't spelled out for him.
    He showed me a picture of one of the women he was cheating with, and she VI's as a beastly SEE. I think he said he had to break things off with her because she was too crazy for him, whatever that means.
    From his description (I've never met her) his wife seems to be extremely introverted and is on anti-depressants. I sometimes wonder if she's IEI-Ni, but really, I have no idea. It seems unlikely, since I'd assume if she were, they'd mesh better than they do.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Avebury what do you think?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Avebury what do you think?
    subtype.

You seem more confrontational/provoking than SLEs I know. They ( subtypes) are more into controlling situations, when compared to subtype, the latter is more chaotic which seems to be you. You seem like you're more comfortable with chaos, want what you want right away, and wouldn't have the same patience subs have with control.

You could also have a split subtype, perhaps you don't have strong preference for , but I think you prefer to .

Keep in mind my knowledge of you is limited, but that's the best I can do. Hope it helps.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    subtype.

You seem more confrontational/provoking than SLEs I know. They ( subtypes) are more into controlling situations, when compared to subtype, the latter is more chaotic which seems to be you. You seem like you're more comfortable with chaos, want what you want right away, and wouldn't have the same patience subs have with control.
    I don’t see why these two things are necessarily opposed. Can’t a person be chaotic while being controlling over a situation at the same time? And thanks for your response!

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don’t see why these two things are necessarily opposed. Can’t a person be chaotic while being controlling over a situation at the same time? And thanks for your response!
    You're welcome, I guess what I meant is that control implies liking order, and order is the opposite of chaos, conceptually. To me it seems the sub is less chaotic...in fact they are very orderly, but that's just my impression, not being SLE myself maybe I don't have a good understanding of the SLE psyche. I mean, it might seem contradictory to me, maybe not to you? Maybe you are controlling in some ways, chaotic in others?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So far we have 5 votes for Se sub (Troll 007 didn’t directly state it but he believes I’m SLE-H and conflates Se sub with that) and 5 for Ti sub (@HERO seemed on the fence but his initial gut reaction after meeting me IRL was Ti, on top of mentioning SLE-ENTj, SLE-xxTj, and SLE-ISFj, all rational subtypes so I’m counting his as the rational one; FDG also seemed on the fence but mostly towards the Ti sub).

I’m going to make a post in a bit highlighting what parts of the traditional two subtype descriptions by Meged and Gulenko fit me the most.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    You're welcome, I guess what I meant is that control implies liking order, and order is the opposite of chaos, conceptually. To me it seems the sub is less chaotic...in fact they are very orderly, but that's just my impression, not being SLE myself maybe I don't have a good understanding of the SLE psyche. I mean, it might seem contradictory to me, maybe not to you? Maybe you are controlling in some ways, chaotic in others?
    I suppose, but you can also impose control over things in a chaotic way (or I should say in an erratic behavioural pattern), and even the Ti subtype is still overall an Ep type.

There are also several members who suggested an Ij type for me, so I’m not sure that implies I’m more chaotic than average either.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Bolded what applies; added comments in brackets. It's time to shit or get off the pot with subtype theory, socionics.

Accompanying V.I.: [redacted]

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Sensory subtype Se-ESTp (Se-SLE)

Appearance: Seems clever, impulsive, seemingly concealing within him a latent threat, far from being easygoing and appeasable. In reality, he can be sharp, sufficiently aggressive, and persistent. Can hold a grudge and be sufficiently resourceful to make the life of his ill-wishers become intolerable. Has a contrasting and unpredictable character. With those whom he loves can be kind, tender, even sentimental. Possesses a sense of humor, that easily molds into sarcasm and caustic irony. Talkative, charming, witty, critical and sharp. Likes epithets and slang expressions. His movements are springy and fast. Gait is somewhat waddling, with knees slightly bent, which yields a stealthy feline semblance. Has a characteristic evaluating gaze with slight squint. Usually looks after his health, periodically takes up physical sport, exercise of gymnastics. Dresses expensively and with taste. Most often he makes a bright impression of a self-assured and prospering person.

Character: Insistent, energetic, resolute person. While trying to achieve his goals, he acts both directly and through intermediaries. As a rule, he is capable of becoming the winner. Knows how to manage people, can impose on them his wishes and will, to involve and draw them in by useful and interesting projects and tasks. Knows how to be liked and how to please others: charming, possesses a sense of humor, a good conversationalist. [honestly I can be a bad conversationalist lol, but nonetheless I'm told I have good social skills] Natural leader: needs competition, struggle, passion, victory, without these his vitality wanes. Boredom is his first enemy. An absence of decent employment and application of his abilities makes him quite a difficult partner.

He is oriented at achieving major concrete goals, but often runs into difficulty when trying to choose them. It takes time for him to get going, he doubts, thinks things over again. But once he makes a choice, he acts swiftly, amping up his pace and not resting until he has realized the conceived. [I can rest a lot and be lazy, but when I am working I'm extremely focused, in a way that a few of my bosses (LIE and SLI) have pointed out and that has impressed them] A very resourceful and flexible tactician. Active and operative, in periods of elation his capacity for work is very high. Doesn't like unasked for advice, prefers to make decisions independently. Can hear out his conversation partner, but leave the last word to himself. Doesn't tolerate commanding tone in others. If someone tries to pressure him, he resolutely counters it. In the interest of his business, shows diplomatic abilities, be considerate and courteous.

Dislikes it very much when others show initiative that seems to be out of place, for example, try to impose something or hurry others - in this case, can do the opposite. [I LOVE pissing people off this way] Very self-loving and easily offended, but tries to hide it, considering this to be his weakness. Doesn't forgive tactlessness and injustice towards himself [if it's really tactless then definitely will rarely forgive; I'm very sensitive to "microaggressions"]. This can provoke a flash of aggression in him.

Insightful, witty, has a critical turn of mind. When angry shows intolerance towards other people's shortcomings. Knows how to give a brief and succinct description of a person, to ridicule him in presence of strangers, to put him on the spot. Actively asserts his interests, and those of his loved ones. Can create an unfavorable environment for disagreeable people, but for those whom he loves, he tries to provide the necessary comfort, showing care and attention.

Feels proud of his successes and seeks high valuation of himself. Has a tendency to overestimate his abilities, which leads to arrogance and a wish to teach others. Self-instilled confidence in his own rightness and insufficient self-criticism do not simplify his relations with others. Respects people who are influential and authoritative. Lenient and forgiving towards those who are compliant, soft and vulnerable, in need of help, especially towards children. Often provides them his protection and support. Nonetheless, he is strict, even harsh both at home and at work.

Very stubborn and demanding. In personal relationships with difficulty adjusts to his partner, as he is rather uncompromising. Using willpower, can make himself subdue feelings to reason. Proud and independent. It is often unpredictable in his actions, depends on the changes in his mood. Changes his interests and his hobbies often [idk it's just typology tbh, but when I was younger I would try lots of different things out just for the sake of experiencing them], but his affection tries to keep for a long time. Cherishes old friendships, although he usually doesn't show sentimentality in his relationships. [I prefer 'implied' sentimentality, but also like direct sentimentality a lot as long as it isn't too disgusting / from the right people]

Strives towards high material level of life. Has a good aesthetic taste, gourmand, cannot deny himself that which gives him pleasure. Bold in sex, but mistrustful of love, afraid of being deceived in his hopes or to get lost in wishful thinking. Quickly grows tired of monotony: he is attracted by psychological games with a partner, when hope interchanges with doubt - in this lies an element of excitement for him.

(Se-SLE) Description by Victor Gulenko
    Sharp, demonstrative, attacking style of behavior. Can be expressive and expansive to the point of being aggressive. Feels at home in emergency and crisis situations, abruptly joins into conflicts, can apply pressure in order to create order. If he finds himself unoccupied by anything, can even provoke a conflict, so that later he can take initiative into his own hands. Emotional and sociable, with his attention won't pass by a single person of the opposite sex. Women of this type also take initiative in getting to know potential partners. Usually muscular, active and mobile, somewhat thin. Has a well developed taste, a gourmand. In fashion drawn to exquisiteness and prestige.

Logical subtype Ti-ESTp (Ti-SLE)

Appearance: Leaves an impression of calm strength and self-assurance. Rational and consistent in his affairs. Hardworking and enduring. Usually he is cold-blooded, restrained, collected and unfazed, but in moments of irritation does not conceal his anger, which shows in his look and in sudden categorical gestures. When he is calm, he is polite and courteous, tough keeps his conversation partners at a distance. His humor is blunt and can be somewhat crude. Sometimes he has a fast moving, distrustful look that looks from under his eyebrows. Appearance is usually serious, somewhat guarded and alert. Gait and gestures are harmonious, flowing, and precise. Dresses somewhat monotonously, and strictly, although at times surprisingly brightly and extravagantly. Values quality in clothing, occasionally putting together sets from only a few items. In most cases has a tendency to not stand out. This applies both to how he behaves and how he dresses. Seems cold and inaccessible, even though he tries to be appropriate, even-tempered and well-wishing towards others. Holds himself with dignity.

Character: Balanced and self-controlled. Tries not to lose his composure under any circumstances. Restrained and appropriate in his statements, but at times can flare up. Feels very upset when he has lost his temper in front of other people. Authoritative and serious, has a well-developed sense of self-worth. Prefers to talk about that in which he considers himself competent. Relies on official and trusted source of information. Distrustful of new theories, hypotheses, and assumptions that haven't been tested in practice. Skeptical of the occult and the esoteric. [When I was younger I was ultra skeptical of anything new-age although I still liked philosophy and psychology, but now I'm more 'spiritual'. I still filter anything out if it doesn't hold up to me testing it.]

This is a person of action and not reflection. [<-- Why on earth is this in the Ti profile and not the Se one? I spend a lot of time on reflection, which is why I spend so much time on this damn website together with all of you intuitive ******s. However, I am not much of a hesitant person either.] When the time comes to react, he orients quickly in the changing circumstances, boldly takes risks, carefully weighting all chances and not losing his interests from sight. Enthusiastically takes up new tasks, projects, or business. Interested in laws and instructions. Can maintain good documentation. If he is asked for advice or a consultation, delves into the details of the issue and gives concrete advice. Predisposes other people towards himself by giving them his attention and providing his services.

Mobilizes beforehand to overcome obstacles, calculating ahead of time all the risks of current situation. Always has a good sense of the real situation, and knows how to extract benefit from it. Knows how to properly arrange people to carry out a job or assignment. Well perceptive of other people's business acumen and capabilities. However, finds it difficult to evaluate more distant prospects of projects and relationships.

Grows bored if he doesn't find an application to his abilities, or if he has to finish something he's lost an interest in or that which has no practical interest for him. Only new experiences and impressions and frequent changes in activity raise his vitality.

Rationalistic, pragmatic, and hard working. Very logical and practical in his activities and in business. Punctual [I try - I'm punctual with important work stuff, less so in personal life.... I have had some very awful slip-ups though when I was younger], responsible, demanding of himself and expects the same from others. Looks to quality in everything. Unforgiving of simulation and negligence.[unless it's too much I can easily forgive but rarely forget it] Evaluates efficacy not by the efforts expended but by the final outcome [<-- not sure about this one. I'd say it's about equally both]. Likes to act boldly, takes big risks, but prepares for it thoroughly and in detail.

Discerning and sensible, speaks with a confident tone, tries to convince by facts. Very practical, dislikes theories and pointless activities. In contact with strangers via indirect questions assesses their position in society, connections and capabilities. Looks for common ground and ways in which it is possible to come together to solve common business interests. [I like this but doesn't necessarily have to be business] Undemonstrative, but when a chance presents itself likes to emphasize his achievements. Proud, if he has achieved everything in his life by his own effort. [idk get back to me in 20 years lol]

Authoritarian and possesses a strong will, but, if needed, can demonstrate flexibility in communication, even make temporary concessions for the sake of reaching his ultimate goal. Understands the importance of material and financial incentives, knows how to use them, without losing his own benefit. Shows a friendly, well-wishing attitude towards others, but in work and business requires unity and unanimity. [idk if I 'require' it but I see the one person who wants to snowflake off due to their random personal tastes as posing a potential problem past the brainstorming creative stage; usually some worthless Fi asshole burden]

Considers restraint in expressing feelings to be a guarantee of their seriousness and reliability. Proud, doesn't impose his company, doesn't know how to entertain guests. Rarely makes compliments even towards women. [I'm a bit awkward with compliments] Lives by his mind and puts business above personal sympathies [maybe-- I once told my (also SLE) landlord when he pissed me off, "I'm your customer, I'm not your friend."], due to which may unwittingly offend other people, himself not attaching any importance to this. [<-- well if this were true I wouldn't know would I ] Afraid of falling into dependency, even on people who are close to him. Quite secretive, doesn't like when others try to "climb into his soul". Can deflect a direct conversation, and skillfully place his conversation partner on the spot.

In his heart, he is a bit guarded, mistrustful and suspecting. Afraid of trickery and betrayal by those whom he trusts. Inclined to fall into pessimism and melancholy. Ponders over his problems, especially of personal nature, tries not to share them with people around him. Opens up his heart and soul only to very close and tested friends. In moments of despair, needs understanding, compassion and consolation, but due to his mistrust he doesn't risk to open up and be honest. Not seldom turns to alcohol to relieve stress and tensions.

(Ti-SLE) Description by Victor Gulenko
    Prefers to remain in the shadow, not showing his aspirations, but constantly holds his hand on the pulse of all that is happening around him. Outwardly appears balanced and phlegmatic. Before acting, checks all the variations of possible consequences, and only then enters into the game. Distrustful, careful, skeptic, conservative and realistic. Due to his low sociability makes an impression of being introverted. Once he has identified a target, acts slowly, by the method of "slowly compressing ring".

( @Myst )
    Last edited by niffer; 06-12-2018 at 05:50 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@niffer I'll say it here too: if you want to do the prioritizing of 5-10 things from the two profiles, I could try analysing that then. Not sure what else I can say atm

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    @niffer I'll say it here too: if you want to do the prioritizing of 5-10 things from the two profiles, I could try analysing that then. Not sure what else I can say atm
    Sure. Like we've been discussing, there are some problems with these descriptions (such as repetition in both, or no clear link to IEs-- also think some things within each are contradictory i.e. "His movements are springy and fast. Gait is somewhat waddling").

I'm not sure if it'll be within 5-10, or if it will be prioritized as things that are most prominent in my personality necessarily or of my personality from the choice given in the profiles, but I will instead pull out the lines that stood out to me the most as things I could identify with or that probably characterize me well.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

be sufficiently resourceful to make the life of his ill-wishers become intolerable
    With those whom he loves can be kind, tender, even sentimental.
    Possesses a sense of humor, that easily molds into sarcasm and caustic irony.
    charming, witty, critical and sharp / Insightful, witty, has a critical turn of mind.
    stealthy [...] semblance
    Usually looks after his health
    Most often he makes a bright impression of a self-assured and prospering person.
    struggle, passion, victory, without these his vitality wanes
    Boredom is his first enemy.
    Doesn't tolerate commanding tone in others.
    If someone tries to pressure him, he resolutely counters it. [...] Dislikes it very much when others [...] try to impose something or hurry others - in this case, can do the opposite.
    Doesn't forgive tactlessness and injustice towards himself
    When angry shows intolerance towards other people's shortcomings.
    Lenient and forgiving towards those who are compliant, soft and vulnerable, in need of help, especially towards children.
    his affection tries to keep for a long time. Cherishes old friendships
    Strives towards high material level of life.
    Has a good aesthetic taste, gourmand
    Bold in sex, but mistrustful of love
    Feels at home in emergency and crisis situations, abruptly joins into conflicts, can apply pressure in order to create order.
    Emotional and sociable, with his attention won't pass by a single person of the opposite sex. Women of this type also take initiative in getting to know potential partners. Usually muscular, active and mobile, somewhat thin. Has a well developed taste, a gourmand. In fashion drawn to exquisiteness and prestige.

Leaves an impression of calm strength
    Gait and gestures are harmonious, flowing, and precise.
    Dresses somewhat monotonously
    Values quality in clothing, occasionally putting together sets from only a few items.
    Seems cold and inaccessible <--- I've been called 'stoneface' before, very serious-looking etc at times
    Very [...] practical in his activities and in business. <--- I'm technically quite dreamery and enjoy idealism a lot of the time, but can be very businesslike and efficient when I want/need to be
    demanding of himself and expects the same from others. Looks to quality in everything.
    speaks with a confident tone <--- lol not sure if all the time, but I remember Olimpia once said I sounded confident when she heard me on voice. I've heard this comment at least one other time before from somebody else.
    In contact with strangers via indirect questions assesses their position in society, connections and capabilities. Looks for common ground and ways in which it is possible to come together to solve common business interests.
    Distrustful, careful, skeptic, conservative and realistic.
    makes an impression of being introverted <--- sometimes
    Once he has identified a target, acts slowly, by the method of "slowly compressing ring".

@Myst
    Last edited by niffer; 06-10-2018 at 02:14 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@niffer hmm you'd def. appear outwardly as the SLE-Ti based on this (body language, dressing, facial expressions/emotionality), but you still have the Se flare-ups that the SLE-Se description fleshes out I guess? Being emotional, sociable, aggressive etc in bursts. That's actually basically how you come off to me overall. The SLE-Se description emphasises Se aspects and the SLE-Ti emphasises Ti and you seem to have enough of both Se and Ti. I'll think more about what an SLE-Se-H vs SLE-Ti-H would look like, I'll let you know if I get any new thoughts.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@niffer hmm you'd def. appear outwardly as the SLE-Ti based on this (body language, dressing, facial expressions/emotionality), but you still have the Se flare-ups that the SLE-Se description fleshes out I guess? Being emotional, sociable, aggressive etc in bursts. That's actually basically how you come off to me overall. The SLE-Se description emphasises Se aspects and the SLE-Ti emphasises Ti and you seem to have enough of both Se and Ti. I'll think more about what an SLE-Se-H vs SLE-Ti-H would look like, I'll let you know if I get any new thoughts.
    Thanks!

"appear outwardly as the SLE-Ti based on this (body language, dressing, facial expressions/emotionality)" Could you be more specific about this and why you see it as SLE-Ti?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Thanks!

"appear outwardly as the SLE-Ti based on this (body language, dressing, facial expressions/emotionality)" Could you be more specific about this and why you see it as SLE-Ti?
    Well I don't have much visual data from you but you seem more constrained and what you described about your movements here also fit Ti sub. Dressing with being subdued with it in pics I've seen. Facial expressions in terms of being pretty unemotional (though you still look with that visibly extraverted gaze... I see that with other SLE-Tis fine tho'). Also, you got a certain sharpness in your expressions. That's some mix of Se and Ti in some way, I think. (I have a different version of it)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I don't have much visual data from you but you seem more constrained and what you described about your movements here also fit Ti sub. Dressing with being subdued with it in pics I've seen. Facial expressions in terms of being pretty unemotional (though you still look with that visibly extraverted gaze... I see that with other SLE-Tis fine tho'). Also, you got a certain sharpness in your expressions. That's some mix of Se and Ti in some way, I think. (I have a different version of it)
    Hm. I have been told by @Deer Woman that I seem to have a constant undercurrent of emotion to me when she met me IRL. I think I'm mainly stonefaced when I'm alone or not being engaged in conversation, or being dry lol. Internally, I'm pretty emotional at times too I think.

Wrt being constrained, I feel both constrained and expansive.

To me the reason I'm subdued/monotone is because I'm very focused on not creating an eyesore or being ugly first and foremost. So I'm not sure if that should count as more Ti because the reason is sensoric to me.

Just going off the traits described in those descriptions if I'm not mistaken I seem to fit more of the Se ones than the Ti ones based on how I dress, with some notable exceptions (i.e. most notable IMO is that I have a monotonous color palette, which I explained above-- not creating an eyesore... but beyond that I like glamour and prestigious looks).

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Se-subs can almost resemble a Fe-EIE at times, and become randomly romantic an elevated due to extra emphasis on Fe HA.
    I do have this.

Idk, what would you say silke?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Hm. I have been told by @Deer Woman that I seem to have a constant undercurrent of emotion to me when she met me IRL. I think I'm mainly stonefaced when I'm alone or not being engaged in conversation, or being dry lol. Internally, I'm pretty emotional at times too I think.

Wrt being constrained, I feel both constrained and expansive.

To me the reason I'm subdued/monotone is because I'm very focused on not creating an eyesore or being ugly first and foremost. So I'm not sure if that should count as more Ti because the reason is sensoric to me.

Just going off the traits described in those descriptions if I'm not mistaken I seem to fit more of the Se ones than the Ti ones based on how I dress, with some notable exceptions (i.e. most notable IMO is that I have a monotonous color palette, which I explained above-- not creating an eyesore... but beyond that I like glamour and prestigious looks).
    I do see you as way more emotional internally and externally in expression too than myself, lol, but that's the same with SLE-Ti's I've met. With SLE-Se's it's of course even more true. It's like I said, SLE-Ti's have bursts of the emotionality while SLE-Se's are constantly having something about being very sensory-emotional-immersed in the world.

Yeah I also feel both constrained and expansive, just in a different order than for you probably lol... that reminds me of our discussions a while ago comparing our cognitions and it seemed like you had an Se core with Ti outside layer and I have a Ti core with Se outside layer. I don't think I view SLE-Se that way cognitively, this was another big reason for why I always saw you as SLE-Ti, but the additional "Irrationality" vibe of the DCNH H is definitely there too, no question about that.

I do think monotonously coloured dresses can still be prestigious.

Anyhow... I'll let you know if I managed to think through this SLE-Se-H vs SLE-Ti-H comparison.

EDIT: Ooh, SLE-Se going randomly elevated romantic... I can totally see how that'd work with the SLE-Se's I've known. SLE-Ti's seem a bit too logical-tough for me to easily imagine that.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So for those who labeled me SLE-Ti @FDG @Myst @Adam Strange @HERO @ooo @Kara , how would you explain how I’ve been able to identify with the entire SLE-Se description above, word for word (except for feeling like I “need competition”), while objectively identifying with less of the SLE-Ti descriptions? Am I just evaluating myself wrong or do you think the descriptions are ultimately inadequate? Because if you see me as SLE-Ti then those are the only two options here.

If you feel like answering that is.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So for those who labeled me SLE-Ti @FDG @Myst @Adam Strange @HERO @ooo @Kara , how would you explain how I’ve been able to identify with the entire SLE-Se description above, word for word (except for feeling like I “need competition”), while objectively identifying with less of the SLE-Ti descriptions? Am I just evaluating myself wrong or do you think the descriptions are ultimately inadequate? Because if you see me as SLE-Ti then those are the only two options here.

Hah. It's because I suck at typing.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I can add anything new yet. I'm not sure how much of it is Forer effect too along with some superfluous details that I have no idea how they got into the descriptions lol and how much of it is an objective difference between the two descriptions, with you still bolding quite a lot of the SLE-Ti one too.

A question coming to mind: for the SLE-Se stuff how often do you do it overall?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No I’m sure you’re fine @Adam Strange .

I'm not sure I can add anything new yet. I'm not sure how much of it is Forer effect too along with some superfluous details that I have no idea how they got into the descriptions lol and how much of it is an objective difference between the two descriptions, with you still bolding quite a lot of the SLE-Ti one too.
    If it’s the Forer effect then that’s about me assessing myself inaccurately. Everything else is description related problems you’ve mentioned. So you’re saying it could be both I guess.

A question coming to mind: for the SLE-Se stuff how often do you do it overall?
    All the time lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I believe that types are analog, not digital, and that there is a smooth gradation from one type to another. So perhaps you are really just right in the middle. Or you could be an SLE-Se who is also amazingly logical.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast