Thread: What type do you think I am ?

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type do you think I am ?

I've been reading about mbti for a while now and have a rough understanding of the functions, but Socionics is still elusive for me at the moment lol, I've sent in a written questionnaire before to be typed, but after hearing about visual typing, I think it might be more accurate to be typed that way instead.

Do you think you could type me ? Or maybe share what functions you think i use ? Thanks
    Last edited by JonMoon; 11-05-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb EIE, IEI
    with the IR test - more for EIE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFj or ESTj but not liking cleaning lol more INFj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the typing ! , Was there anything in particular that showed Ni ?, I haven't looked into those types yet but I'll check them out now.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, and I responded to the pm ! I'll look more into the delta quadra.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first impression from a few minutes of watching the video is SLI. Something about the stability of expression coupled with scanning the environment with your eyes. I’ve seen this before in a guy whom I type SLI-Si, and I have never seen this in LSE’s. LSE’s tend to verbally erupt and just roll over you, then they will pause eagerly for your response, and then they roll forward again.

You also expressed a wish to go into a Te field (using Te as a support to do your main thing) in order to serve the main purpose of making people’s lives better from a health and comfort (Si) standpoint.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-04-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@JonMoon read up on LSI and give me your feedback.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the typing, that's interesting another LIE also said something similar about stability of expression/calmness, though I think I'm more scattered in my mind lol. I read up on the SLI type, from this site and the different subtypes, I'd say I can relate to the SLE-Si more, and this quote is true:
    "In situations where they are expected to engage emotionally, the can appear cold, dull, or antagonistic. In many cases they do not see the point of and prefer to avoid such situations as those with loud, rowdy behaviour and prefer to subsist in more relaxed environments, aside from the last part, I definitely like comfort, but tend to seek out loud/boisterous environments, but I think this may be a college/university thing. Most of the Fe issues the SLI was described as having I could relate to. Which might be an indicator of lower Fe ?
    Last edited by JonMoon; 06-06-2019 at 04:48 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonMoon View Post
    Thanks for the typing, that's interesting another LIE also said something similar about stability of expression/calmness, though I think I'm more scattered in my mind lol. I read up on the SLI type, from this site and the different subtypes, I'd say I can relate to the SLE-Si more, and this quote is true:
    "In situations where they are expected to engage emotionally, the can appear cold, dull, or antagonistic. In many cases they do not see the point of and prefer to avoid such situations as those with loud, rowdy behaviour and prefer to subsist in more relaxed environments, aside from the last part, I definitely like comfort, but tend to seek out loud/boisterous environments, but I think this may be a college/university thing. Most of the Fe issues the SLE was described as having I could relate to. Which might be an indicator of lower Fe ?
    I've lived with and around SLI's all my life, and I think there is a good chance you are SLI.

Now for the part that will make you doubt everything. IEE's are your duals.

Here is a typical interaction between an SLI and an IEE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I7HrnRA7gc

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

Thanks for the response ! but I can't read the bottom part is it "Rational P.O.V change ?" and are you suggesting an extroverted judging type ?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response ! but I can't read the bottom part is it "Rational P.O.V change ?" and are you suggesting an extroverted judging type ?
    Well, that is kind of joking. Usually irrational types aka IXX and SXX are bit more disorganized. So called normalizing subtypes if they are logical irrationals tend to be neater than other irrational subtypes (in rationals EIE-Normalizing can be extremely sterile).

If you prefer close to military order, LSI should be considered.

You also talk about stuff that is not about experiencing which makes me not think about Sensing base. You like to stress self discipline which might point towards LSI. You have goals clear in mind.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for the typing, that's interesting another LIE
    people often mistake in own types. that "wanna LIE" is the example. he's Fe

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    @JonMoon read up on LSI and give me your feedback.
    I can relate quite a lot some aspects of the description such as this one:

-Quite tolerant of solitude.
    -Restrained and unobtrusive.
    -The objective matters for him are more important than personal relationships and feelings.
    -Usually a private person who does not readily share his experiences with outsiders.
    -Doesn't demonstrate what he is feeling: hunger, fear, pain, etc.
    -Tries not to burden others with himself; relies on the help of close people only in extreme cases."

and the LSI-Ti subtype

"LSIs may have difficulty processing ambiguity or uncertainty. When they are the victim of necessary ambiguity, the may have a tendency to focus on the worst-case scenario, and may attempt to expend so much effort as to be prepared for any conceivable contingency." I've started doing this more often, but its only a recent habit. So far I've only been typed as an NF or ST, so I think I should be in either the beta or delta quadra. I'm not sure if as grounded in reality as an high Se user might be, but I could resonate with a lot of what the description said.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've lived with and around SLI's all my life, and I think there is a good chance you are SLI.

Now for the part that will make you doubt everything. IEE's are your duals.

Here is a typical interaction between an SLI and an IEE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I7HrnRA7gc
    I know a few people who are IEE, we usually clash, as they seem too emotional and they view me as dry lol, but over time we usually bond over similar interests and they're quite open minded. Might have to watch the full movie ! Is this from a list of interactions or just a specific dual one.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, that is kind of joking. Usually irrational types aka IXX and SXX are bit more disorganized. So called normalizing subtypes if they are logical irrationals tend to be neater than other irrational subtypes (in rationals EIE-Normalizing can be extremely sterile).

If you prefer close to military order, LSI should be considered.

You also talk about stuff that is not about experiencing which makes me not think about Sensing base. You like to stress self discipline which might point towards LSI. You have goals clear in mind.
    I like order, but not sure about it being strictly military style order, I had a heavy LSE influence growing up though, which might be the cause of that. I checked out LSI though, and a lot seems accurate, but not fully. So far I'm looking at: (EIE, IEI, EII,LSI and SLI) so i'm most likely either an NF or introverted ST.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESTj 8w9

One of your values was "taking care of people in need, mentoring them, or teaching" - this fits the delta ST caregiver role

The jiu jitsu etc indicates high Se. (And not ignoring)

The repulsion by lack of better word for immanuel kants theory of "universal law" seems like a rejection of Ti in favour of more practical Te. (He was LII btw)

Also you talk multiple times of getting "real results that you can see" (in the medical department) and also in the helping people department which indicates a favour of S over N

Furthermore your relatively cool and calm expression indicates serious quadra imo

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    ESTj 8w9

One of your values was "taking care of people in need, mentoring them, or teaching" - this fits the delta ST caregiver role

The jiu jitsu etc indicates high Se. (And not ignoring)

The repulsion by lack of better word for immanuel kants theory of "universal law" seems like a rejection of Ti in favour of more practical Te. (He was LII btw)

Also you talk multiple times of getting "real results that you can see" (in the medical department) and also in the helping people department which indicates a favour of S over N

Furthermore your relatively cool and calm expression indicates serious quadra imo
    Cheers for the typing, Yeah I've heard he was LII. I don't mind Kant and I actually like his logical consistency, but I was looking for a theory that I could use in real life lol which seemed to be Aristotle's, still need to read different philosophers works though. I read up on the 8w9 and it's interesting, I wouldn't say I seek out dominance usually like an 8 might, but I definitely dislike subordination if the person in charge is incompetent or has more sinister motives lol. I've tested as a five at times so It could be integration ?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cheers for the typing, Yeah I've heard he was LII. I don't mind Kant and I actually like his logical consistency, but I was looking for a theory that I could use in real life lol which seemed to be Aristotle's, still need to read different philosophers works though. I read up on the 8w9 and it's interesting, I wouldn't say I seek out dominance usually like an 8 might, but I definitely dislike subordination if the person in charge is incompetent or has more sinister motives lol. I've tested as a five at times so It could be integration ?
    No 8 disintegrates into 5. Integration is at 2

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 8 disintegrates into 5. Integration is at 2
    I see what you mean, but I meant I may be a 5 that integrated, but that usually takes age and experience, so may check enneagram too lol.
    Last edited by JonMoon; 06-09-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see what you mean, but I meant I may be a 5 that integrated, but that usually takes age and experience, so may check ennegram too lol.
    No 5s really loath physicality. For them to like martial arts is pretty much impossible (Se
    polr)

edit: besides you kinda remind me of muhammad ali, whom i give the same type. any change you might relate to him or think so too?
    Last edited by Number 9 large; 06-09-2019 at 12:49 PM.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 5s really loath physicality. For them to like martial arts is pretty much impossible (Se
    polr)

edit: besides you kinda remind me of muhammad ali, whom i give the same type. any change you might relate to him or think so too?
    Hey, just seen the edit ! he's in the background of the video which might be why , interesting I've seen him typed as SEE aswell he definitely seems like an ESxx though, and I'm into fighting sports(like in the video bjj/boxing/muay thai) so it's mainly his dedication to becoming the best/good at his chosen field that I liked, I relate to a few things he went through and thoughts on certain topics, besides that not too much, can't match his charisma but that might be an individual thing rather than type. How did you figure out you were SLE, just reading or did you get typed as that ?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like LSE for you too

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I like LSE for you too
    Hey thanks for the input !, I remember reading that you were IEE or a specific delta type ? Do you see the similar traits or just similar functions ? It looks like the majority of the thread is leaning towards either Beta or Delta, so my type is probably in one of those quadras. Not entirely convinced on LSE, I don't tend to steam roll over others in conversations as Adam said lol, but i'm reading up on it now.
    Last edited by JonMoon; 06-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey, just seen the edit ! he's in the background of the video which might be why , interesting I've seen him typed as SEE aswell he definitely seems like an ESxx though, and I'm into fighting sports(like in the video bjj/boxing/muay thai) so it's mainly his dedication to becoming the best/good at his chosen field that I liked, I relate to a few things he went through and thoughts on certain topics, besides that not too much, can't match his charisma but that might be an individual thing rather than type. How did you figure out you were SLE, just reading or did you get typed as that ?
    Oh i actually didnt see him, maybe i unconscioisly picked it up lol. Anyway my point still stands. Id figured out i was SLE through other peoples opinions yeah, and my own increasing knowledge of the theory and enneagram theory. I found it helpful to ask people online and even close family what type they thought fit me best.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@JonMoon

I've typed as IEE some time ago when I was reevaluating the people close to me, but some excessive digging can lead to confusion ; ) I can look like a IEE or an IEI, I selftype as EII though, and perhaps it's wrong but it fits my vision of the world and the relationships I have.

btw, yes indeed I saw a lot of delta values, from Fi which looks like a great motivator for your dream career and course of studies, to Te which is how you work it through, using a logical approach to the psych matters, Ne hidden agenda fits you too (we've talked about it in the forum lately and so it was easy to see it popping out often in your speech). Si seems pretty much apparent through the entire video, you're super smooth and relaxed, as if you have this inner sense of balance that surrounds your persona. Si even in the role of caregiver, and you want to help people in very physical terms.

do you have other ideas in your mind?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamina.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh i actually didnt see him, maybe i unconscioisly picked it up lol. Anyway my point still stands. Id figured out i was SLE through other peoples opinions yeah, and my own increasing knowledge of the theory and enneagram theory. I found it helpful to ask people online and even close family what type they thought fit me best.
    Yeah, I've done something similar, I have a rough Idea, I'm reading up on it now, and enneagram too so I should be sure pretty soon.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@JonMoon

I've typed as IEE some time ago when I was reevaluating the people close to me, but some excessive digging can lead to confusion ; ) I can look like a IEE or an IEI, I selftype as EII though, and perhaps it's wrong but it fits my vision of the world and the relationships I have.

btw, yes indeed I saw a lot of delta values, from Fi which looks like a great motivator for your dream career and course of studies, to Te which is how you work it through, using a logical approach to the psych matters, Ne hidden agenda fits you too (we've talked about it in the forum lately and so it was easy to see it popping out often in your speech). Si seems pretty much apparent through the entire video, you're super smooth and relaxed, as if you have this inner sense of balance that surrounds your persona. Si even in the role of caregiver, and you want to help people in very physical terms.

do you have other ideas in your mind?
    After reading I'd say:
    One of the SLI subtypes, probably Si subtype
    Maybe EII, description wasn't fully accurate but had some points I could relate too.
    LSI-Ti subtype Ti

I don't think I'm LSE, but I could relate to a few points there too. With the Si, one of the main things I check besides mental state, is the physical state of an individual making sure they're healthy eating,exercising etc. Focusing on this has an impact on how they mentally deal with things too I'm sure there are a few studies on this I'll look up lol.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Kamina.
    Kamina, as in the fictional character ? haven't seen the show, but I've seen him typed as SEE or IEE, thats interesting why'd you think I'm that ?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading I'd say:
    One of the SLI subtypes, probably Si subtype
    Maybe EII, description wasn't fully accurate but had some points I could relate too.
    LSI-Ti subtype Ti

I don't think I'm LSE, but I could relate to a few points there too. With the Si, one of the main things I check besides mental state, is the physical state of an individual making sure they're healthy eating,exercising etc. Focusing on this has an impact on how they mentally deal with things too I'm sure there are a few studies on this I'll look up lol.
    yeah, I would look into SLI as well, and they're not far from LSI, so, it's up to you, study the functions and decide for yourself. I was thinking of some Fi type as well (in particular, ESI) but you were too absorbed by Te while explaining your humanitarian drives , which made me exclude a Fi base, although I'd say you lean towards the Fi-Te axis.

any thoughts on introversion/extroversion?

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I would look into SLI as well, and they're not far from LSI, so, it's up to you, study the functions and decide for yourself. I was thinking of some Fi type as well (in particular, ESI) but you were too absorbed by Te while explaining your humanitarian drives , which made me exclude a Fi base, although I'd say you lean towards the Fi-Te axis.

any thoughts on introversion/extroversion?
    With Fi being higher than the Te ? And I can be active in a group quite a bit, but lean more towards introversion.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cold-blooded (means IxTx)
    Si (dynamic spatial - ie machine comparison etc)
    ST (practical physical/visible impact)
    strategic

= SLI but that is just the first 3 minutes.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Fi being higher than the Te ? And I can be active in a group quite a bit, but lean more towards introversion.
    no Fi didn't look stronger than Te, to me. you appear focused on measurable achievements rather than ideals, which would rule out the NFs, this could be a trait that ESI share too, but again, you looked more focused on Te to me. your ideal partner is someone who's emotionally intelligent, going by the theory, this should say you're a T type.

introversion/extroversion can be misleading terms, it would be better to study function by function and see which element fits the model-a role it purports.

LSE weak spot is long term planning and dealing with the unknown, SLI weak spot is social interactions and excessive emotions, LSI weak spot is seeing the potential of people and giving them hope.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    cold-blooded (means IxTx)
    Si (dynamic spatial - ie machine comparison etc)
    ST (practical physical/visible impact)
    strategic

= SLI but that is just the first 3 minutes.
    Thanks ! SLI seems to be accurate, I've been reading and looking into it, not sure if my Si is that strong, but after reading the descriptions if fits a bit.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no Fi didn't look stronger than Te, to me. you appear focused on measurable achievements rather than ideals, which would rule out the NFs, this could be a trait that ESI share too, but again, you looked more focused on Te to me. your ideal partner is someone who's emotionally intelligent, going by the theory, this should say you're a T type.

introversion/extroversion can be misleading terms, it would be better to study function by function and see which element fits the model-a role it purports.

LSE weak spot is long term planning and dealing with the unknown, SLI weak spot is social interactions and excessive emotions, LSI weak spot is seeing the potential of people and giving them hope.
    I've heard focusing on cognitive functions is more accurate too, the excessive emotions part sounds accurate, I can see potential or growth in others for sure, and no real issues with long term planning, maybe with the unknown though.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI then : )

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ! SLI seems to be accurate, I've been reading and looking into it, not sure if my Si is that strong, but after reading the descriptions if fits a bit.
    Si with Te is a kind of dynamic mechanical reasoning, and when you made the comparison of psychology to a machine that was a clue into what kind of process you're using to look at the world. I wasn't able to separate whether it was more Si or more Te, but since ISTx was looking most likely, I just jotted down Si to distinguish it from Ti.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm settled on SLI, but thoughts on an LII typing ?