Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Rank Your Percieved Strength in IM Elements from 1-10

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb03/overestimate.aspx

Self-estimations don't mean all that much imo. It's best to get the feedback and opinions of those who know you well over a period of time. Through others I've learned that I have weak Fe,and Ne which is something I didn't realize on my own, and it's constantly being pointed out to me by people irl that I have strong Ti,Te,Se and Si - things I've taken for granted and tended not to pay much attention to being "strong." What people say you're good at also has less value than what people say you're poor at in that people will say nice things and exaggerate strengths sometimes, but if they say you're bad at something and they're not just trying to be cruel, it's probably a pretty glaring weakness.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb03/overestimate.aspx

Self-estimations don't mean all that much imo. It's best to get the feedback and opinions of those who know you well over a period of time. Through others I've learned that I have weak Fe,and Ne which is something I didn't realize on my own, and it's constantly being pointed out to me by people irl that I have strong Ti,Te,Se and Si - things I've taken for granted and tended not to pay much attention to being "strong." What people say you're good at also has less value than what people say you're poor at in that people will say nice things and exaggerate strengths sometimes, but if they say you're bad at something and they're not just trying to be cruel, it's probably a pretty glaring weakness.
    Yes, I wouldn't know without comparisons to others.

Lol your article, I never deluded myself into thinking I aced something then getting a D or equivalent. It's things that are objective enough to be evaluated reliably.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne - 8
    Ni - 7
    Se - 6
    Si - 5
    Ti - 7
    Te - 6
    Fi - 4
    Fe - 5

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-8
    Se-2
    Ni-9
    Si-2
    Ti-8
    Fi-5
    Te-3
    Fe-6

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Arrow

This question makes my head hurt. I don't know how to separate strength from attention let alone the varying descriptions of the elements. This is wrong and i might answer it differently on a different day.

Fi 8
    Ni 7
    Se 6
    Ti 6
    Ne 5
    Si 5
    Fe 3
    Te 2

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni - 10
    Fe - 9
    Fi - 9
    Si - 6
    Ne - 5
    Ti - 3
    Se - 1
    Te - 0

Ni - 6
    Fe - 7
    Fi - 9
    Si - 8
    Ne - 7
    Ti - 3
    Se - 6
    Te - 4

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand the information elements a whole lot (or anything else), but I'd say mine vary on the day.

I've generally been very aware of my emotions and what i want (and good internal sensations, health, and beauty everywhere which are all what I want) but not good with others' emotions and what they want or wish to not have (although I think I'm better with that as I've gotten older; I have a love hate relationship with dealing with other people partly because they could make me more depressed, angry, envious, anxious than I already am). I've usually tried to be open to Ne (there are a lot of "crazy" ideas that I love and I'm open to new things about 50% of the time), but I have to be reminded that there is more than one way... ~50% of the time I like it but if I don't like it then it's usually because it made me realize I was too stupid to see what was right in front of me. I'm very uncreative and ugly, although I often appreciate creativity, beauty, and playfulness in others, except sometimes it makes me envious that I couldn't do it or better.

I'm terrible at multi-tasking, organizing people or things, analysis, problem-solving, figuring out the social situation in real-time, deductive logic/fluid reasoning, spatial relations/analysis, spatial, size, object, and visual detail awareness and coordination (my eye hand coordination was ok, i guess), I'm clumsy AF; I'm average with remembering facts whether about myself, someone else, or just general knowledge. I can recognize shapes and colors okay. I'm not very practical nor efficient though, due to the weaknesses I've mentioned, my low IQ, high Fi demands on myself (I hate myself if I can't do some elegant and original, if I fail, make a mistake, etc., etc.), and my emotions. Not sure if both fact and efficiency are Te or not. But I'm too afraid to even try to work.

I've tended to live in my head and trying to enjoy art and certain individuals from far away and both loved and hated doing those things. I've reflected on the past and future emotionally and in terms of how it did/would affect myself and others if that's what Ni is. I think I have a weak and bad sense of humor.

I generally think good, stimulating people, good personal space, good stimulating things/art, and my being able to love people are more important than the collective. I don't like hierarchy; I vastly prefer good one to one relations (person's sex doesn't make a whole helluva a lot of difference) independent of any hierarchy but in a beautiful setting with beautiful things. But I can go into in person groups and sometimes enjoy them but I do NOT want any fucking hierarchy ever lol (but sincerely). I don't think most people are bad.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 04-30-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N > S
    T and F are just nitpicky brats who keep fighting in my head.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te - 10
    Ti - 10
    Fe - 10
    Fi - 10
    Se - 10
    Si - 10
    Ne - 10
    Ni - 9.5 (because nobody’s perfect)

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni 9
    Fi 9
    Fe 7
    Ti 5
    Si 5
    Ne 4
    Te 2
    Se 1 (but 2 when i'm driving)

when i'm in a sad mood you can knock 2 points off of everything

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne 10
    Ti 9

I'm actually an INTP, but I can be so berserk and hyper active with random speculation, and a playful wit, that I just incinerate the storybook, and cartoon transfigure into an anime.

Back in 2000, they called it "Kid's WB Yourself" for Pokemon and Yugioh and such.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Se: I overrated this in myself, until I had new recruits approach me to be assigned tasks.
    It feels unnatural to ask "could you please do ____"

My approach would be more like "I was thinking that the rack with skirts is running low - would you like to choose some to add to it?"
    In that situation most people I've encountered will say yes, so I will observe them and slowly realise whether or not it's a task they are bringing a personal touch to, whether they develop a comfortable flow, or whether it is by rote and therefore kind of unpleasant. Things like that.

Too many directives can give the impression that you do not trust a person's intentions or perceive their capacities - simply that you do not trust, and that you know better.

I'm always aware of this, so directing others is not something I can stomach. I've also found that when you leave space for people to figure out things on their own, that is where new methods or improvements arise
    Last edited by thistle; 05-16-2021 at 01:43 PM.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post

Regarding Se: I overrated this in myself, until I had new recruits approach me to be assigned tasks.
    It feels unnatural to ask "could you please do ____"

My approach would be more like "I was thinking that the rack with skirts is running low - would you like to choose some to add to it?"
    In that situation most people I've encountered will say yes, so I will observe them and slowly realise whether or not it's a task they are bringing a personal touch to, whether they develop a comfortable flow, or whether it is by rote and therefore kind of unpleasant. Things like that.

Too many directives can give the impression that you do not trust a person's intentions or perceive their capacities - simply that you do not trust, and that you know better.

I'm always aware of this, so directing others is not something I can stomach. I've also found that when you leave space for people to figure out things on their own, that is where new methods or improvements arise
    (I don't mean this reply to sound hostile, not a personal attack, etc etc disclaimer)

This approach would make my skin crawl. I am getting flashbacks to the movie Office Space. Work performance tied to silent interpretation and evaluation of my deep emotional engagement, so I have to always be "on" in a way that fits the culture of an organization and the sensibilities of random individual supervisors.
    Last edited by inaLim; 05-01-2021 at 11:00 AM.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se - 9

Te: 8-9 Te is OP but I am too irrational to stay in this mode all the time

Ti: 7-8 Love/Hate.

Si: 6-7 Much more likely to go with Se, Ti, or Te out of habit

Ne: 5

Fe: 3-4 I can do this briefly, but I would rather have it directed at me. I have enough Fe to enjoy attention, not enough to take part in the supposed hivemind.

Ni: 2-4 This can get to a decent level when life slows down. Spiritual practice, meditation, Covid isolation, boring town, etc

Fi: 0-1 My Fi isn't very strong, persistent, or easy to reinforce. I can't recall too many interests or people I feel strongly about over long periods of time. I know what is and isn't me, but I don't give it enough importance. I know what I like or don't like and how I feel about things but they're all relative. I can't really give like a top 5 absolute "these core things are important to me". More like "this will probably matter to me for the next 3 min -3 months."

I pair bond strongly, but I I think that is sx instinct. I have never been attached to friends and family.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    (I don't mean this reply to sound hostile, not a personal attack, etc etc disclaimer)

This approach would make my skin crawl. I am getting flashbacks to the movie Office Space. Work performance tied to silent interpretation and evaluation of my deep emotional engagement, so I have to always be "on" in a way that fits the culture of an organization and the sensibilities of random individual supervisors.
    I didn't mean for what I wrote to come across like I expect anyone to be "on" all the time.
    There are days at work when I feel very self-contained, and would rather hide out of sight shelving books or collapsing cardboard boxes. On those days I feel very "off", but try to take it easy on myself.

That self-consciousness is what makes it unnatural for me to impose. When I detect uncertainty in myself, I do not believe I'm dependable enough to be in the position to direct others.

My earlier post does read as if I silently interpret and come to a conclusion on my own, but in reality there is more to it. Conversation, finding out what people like to do. Some like to neatly arrange items or create themed displays, others prefer greeting and chatting to customers, being on the move.
    That was what I was trying to convey when I said I'd notice how a person responded to initial tasks set. I'd hope that they feel they have some bearing, control over what it is that they do. Realistically, there will not be something to suit every person's strength, and it is after all still work.

My intention isn't to evaluate anyone's worthiness to an organisation, or at least, that is not what I am consciously doing.

Because I did not foresee your reaction, discomfort, there is something important I'm overlooking ...

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I didn't mean for what I wrote to come across like I expect anyone to be "on" all the time.
    There are days at work when I feel very self-contained, and would rather hide out of sight shelving books or collapsing cardboard boxes. On those days I feel very "off", but try to take it easy on myself.

That self-consciousness is what makes it unnatural for me to impose. When I detect uncertainty in myself, I do not believe I'm dependable enough to be in the position to direct others.

My earlier post does read as if I silently interpret and come to a conclusion on my own, but in reality there is more to it. Conversation, finding out what people like to do. Some like to neatly arrange items or create themed displays, others prefer greeting and chatting to customers, being on the move.
    That was what I was trying to convey when I said I'd notice how a person responded to initial tasks set. I'd hope that they feel they have some bearing, control over what it is that they do. Realistically, there will not be something to suit every person's strength, and it is after all still work.

My intention isn't to evaluate anyone's worthiness to an organization, or at least, that is not what I am consciously doing.

Because I did not foresee your reaction, discomfort, there is something important I'm overlooking ...

I didn't think you personally intended it that way. Its not about you specifically. I meant what happens outside of the individual, at the interpersonal and group level. There's 2 things that disturb me.

The first is when Fi stops being private and starts having strings attached.

Conversations about what a peer or "subordinate" likes are not always without power or political dynamics. I know we are just talking about shirts on a rack, but imagine we're talking tight knit community, old boys club, old firm etc where everybody is talking to everybody. Not knowing what you like could be interpreted as being wishy-washy, not ready, or unfit for leadership. Liking the wrong thing can draw up negative associations about your character. A few days ago, I came across a comment by an LSE that playing guitar was bad, playing electric guitar means you're a jerk. Not to single them out, I know its a joke, but there's truth in what we joke about and I've seen similar judgements IRL. Maybe the boss thinks someone who likes working stockroom or nightshift means they're lazy or antisocial.

Also, Fi doesn't just stay Fi in a personal bubble. It is read by and influences Te/Ne/Se. The individual and other people. Ideas and approaches diffuse and become organizational culture. You may not become a leader, but leaders may copy your example or pick your brain. The spirit of what one person intends at the personal level can get lost at the group level by some other person sticking to the script/process handed down.

The second thing that disturbs me is this idea that its only coercion and pressure if its Se. You can (intentionally and unintentionally) manipulate, control, and impose on people with indirect suggestion and appealing to their nature, way more effectively than with impersonal direct orders. You can do it through hinting, ambiguity, open-ended leading questions, or getting people to sell an idea to themselves. Soft influence can really mess with people's heads. This is the scene I had in mind.

The top quote from the comments: "What's so evil about this is that she keeps trying to get a straight answer from him but he refuses to puncture the illusion of her free will"

This is how I've seen things get twisted IRL. Again, I'm not talking about you specifically. I can give IRL examples but I'll stop here
    Last edited by inaLim; 05-01-2021 at 05:10 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt I'm understanding these (i'm going mainly by the definitions in the dual nature of man), but here it goes anyway. It changes from day to day.

Fi 8 (my love and hate towards and attraction or repulsion towards or away from someone or something, is most strongly felt and what i love is how i get by in life, i sometimes know who hates and who loves who, who hates me or loves me but i'm not great with it, it varies, I generally favor rewards for work with good intentions, fairness, close psychological distance with the people i care about, and my own and others' peace and satisfaction over strict traditional morality or social norms, not sure if morality is even part of Fi, there are many, many ways to determine if something is moral and i don't want to piss people off about it and i'd rather be happy, so i try to avoid thinking about morality; i'm pretty average at discerning when someone has interest in me or hates me, i'm pretty average at influencing peoples' attitudes towards me)

Fe 4 (awareness of my own emotions moderate-high, receptivity and understanding kind of low, my ability to show my emotional expression varies, ability to tell how excited or depressed or stressed someone is moderate, ability to detect peoples' mood shifts moderate, ability to consciously influence emotional state of others moderate to low, i detect moods holistically and through voice inflections, less analytically/through eyes) (i have some borderline personality traits)

Ti 4.75 (I'm good at comparing things, average to poor at deductive reasoning, average at recognizing what is logically sound and valid, I'm slightly above average with the english language at least written, i used to be slightly above average with oral language and worse at writing, good with concept formation, and algebra, bad with geometry, average to poor with physics, average with analysis, average with visual organization, poor physical size discrimination, good at recognizing which systems are good or bad and good at seeing details of social structures, avg with legislation, average to good at figuring out rules, good at knowing when rules are not beneficial to follow and when they are, okay at following others' procedures, i feel both over-confident and under-confident in logic)

Te 6 (I'm average at determining work capability in myself, if i don't think there are any problems i can get right to work, but i am not great at determining the how, where, etc., i'm average to good at recognizing effectiveness and efficiency and lack of those things, average at doing it... i like efficiency and effectiveness more than philosophy and logical consistency)

Ni 5 (I focus on the past a lot and have some visions, i try to compare different time points but am not great with it, i can sometimes determine where things are going, i've generally been one to live in my head)

Ne 3 or less (I'm pretty bad at imagining or thinking of possibilities with objects, i'm okay but not great at seeing others' abilities and inabilities and what they're capable of... I definitely have 1D Ne, but even some people with 1D Ne have good Ne just like some people with 1D Ti have good Ti, 1D Te have good Te, 1D Fe have good Fe; i'm terrible at knowing my own physical and mental capabilities)

Si 5.5 (I have poor to average spatial awareness, i try to take care of my body and health but am not good with it because of medicine which i know the effects of, i'm aware of how other people make my body feel, i focus on what people are doing, i care about aesthetics and my own sensations, i'm aware of what brings me comfort, pleasure, and discomfort; i remember sensations. i usually know ahead of time what will be good for my body and what will be bad for it, i'm not good at giving other people good sensations, and i'm not all that aware of others' bodily sensations)

Se 5.25 (I really hate applying extreme pressure or organizing other people and only do so when my emotional state demands i absolutely have to, i'd rather take it easy or pressure myself to do something big, i'm not good at applying pressure to people; i'm generally aware of others' willpower and strength, highly aware of their beauty, i love those things in others when they're elegant, i can generally and easily push myself to do something big when i really want it done, doesn't happen often.. but i value this more than Si)
    Last edited by Disturbed; 12-01-2023 at 09:04 AM. Reason: i had mentally fluctuated about LSI subtypes

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi- abysmal
    Fe- 9 I need that everyday
    Ti- 4-6
    Te- 0 No one wants of that shit
    Ni- 6
    Ne- 4?
    Si & Se- those don't exist, they are a conspiracy by Bill Gates so people get the covid vaccine with a mind control chip in it

The last one IS a joke, I'm lame at both so I pretend they don't exist instead of doing something about it.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I answered in this thread in 2008, but this result from Nardi's test

Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******** (8.2)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.2)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************************** (41.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.2)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.3)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.6)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1435747

seemed meaningful to me when I took it.

However, the fact is that the scores are different to what I have imagined.

TIM
    IEI-H 946
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 Ni
    9 Ne

8 Fi
    7.25 Fe

5 Ti

.133333333333333333333333333 Te
    0.1 Se
    0.06666666666666666666666666 Si

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni- 15/10
    Ne-10/10
    Fe- 9.5/10
    Fi- 8/10
    Si-5/10
    Se- 2/10
    Te- 2-10
    Ti- 5/10

That leads me with grades of A++, A+, A, B, F, F-, F-, F
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of 10 -

Fi: 9
    Ne: 6.5
    Ti: 3.5
    Se: 0
    Fe: 7
    Ni: 9.5
    Si: 2.5
    Te: 1.5

People I know would say my Ne and Te are higher on the strength scale; I don't really feel as confident in these elements at times.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 07-16-2021 at 12:27 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Ni- 15/10
    Ne-10/10
    Fe- 9.5/10
    Fi- 8/10
    Si-5/10
    Se- 2/10
    Te- 2-10
    Ti- 5/10

That leads me with grades of A++, A+, A, B, F, F-, F-, F
    My grades on this reflect of either over-excelling, or failing more than normalcy.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going by definition's in Aushra Augusta's dual nature of man; All are approximate, some fluctuations.
    Fi: 8
    Fe: 5
    Ti: 4
    Te: 5
    Si: 5
    Se: 5
    Ni: 5
    Ne: less than 3

I seem to value Fi and Te more than Ti as I make decisions based on what I love and what I hate, my own attitudes, and i generally favor what's efficient and what's practical and what benefits me over coherence.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 01-20-2024 at 04:32 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi: 8
    Se: 5
    Ti: 3
    Ne: 0
    Ni: 5
    Te: 1
    Si: 7
    Fe: 3

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken some questionnaires on this before. Fi always comes on top followed by Ni and Ne, then Te and Se in last, the other three swap positions.

Fi - 10
    Ni - 9
    Ne - 8
    Fe - 5
    Si - 5
    Ti - 4
    Te - 3
    Se - 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12