Page 168 of 199 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,720 of 7936

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Megatrop sees that you are clearly interested in theoretical, abstract concepts, which is not what sensing types are about. In my opinion, you could be presented with an objective test that tells you you are not SEI and you would still think it would be wrong. You have committed yourself to your self-typing, like so many people here. No alternative is valid, because you have ignoring Ne.

Almost no one here values Ne. Having spend so much time on this website, I'm very sure about that.
    Such an ironic post. The best part is that you neither see nor want to see the irony.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    This series is also great at explaining the functions. Be sure to scroll through the comments section too since lots of knowledgeable people contribute their insights.

https://youtu.be/4qZ7mwbZXT4
    This guy explained the cognitive functions in just 8 videos better, more in detail, structured & listed them on a white board (similar to CS Joseph), than pretty much any MBTI video that I watched during the time span of a year.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Megatrop sees that you are clearly interested in theoretical, abstract concepts, which is not what sensing types are about. In my opinion, you could be presented with an objective test that tells you you are not SEI and you would still think it would be wrong. You have committed yourself to your self-typing, like so many people here. No alternative is valid, because you have ignoring Ne.

Almost no one here values Ne. Having spend so much time on this website, I'm very sure about that.
    I think that you would be mistaken that no one here has considered the alternative about their type. Some of us have and have done it not only on the forum but also in our private lives but those of us who are certain have come to understand ourselves and how the model A works in us. I for one have stopped in my let’s say my Se Polr moment in real life and cursed myself lol. I think you have to consider that people are more than they appear on this sight on the surface.

I understand though you are a J type and are quick now to make these thought judgments as to stick to a system of thought that you have currently. I would encourage you to read a lot and suspend judgement for a while
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Beautiful Sky is ESI (based on what I know of her, which is basically what she posts on here). She seems focused on her family and close relations, and seems concrete in her centers of interest for the most part. EII social mission is about helping others heal psychological traumas at a close emotional distance, so they make good psychologists, counselors, etc. Gabor Maté, Abraham Maslow, and Carl Rogers are examples. I just don't reall see her in that role, but I could be wrong.

But I don't think she will agree with me, we're probably looking at different images of the types anyways, which leads to different conclusions. I don't use model A much if at all, and I don't type by "polr".

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    but don't you see how um nutso that is? I think there is a great deal in common between ppl here, but it's not due to their types all being the same type! I am wondering if you make distinctions...
    While I don't follow all of Alive's conclusions, I do think people on this site have alot in common because of their types, or at least quadra values. There is alot of beta and gamma I think, but I also think that's true of society at large (but here probably even moreso).

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebury View Post
    I think Beautiful Sky is ESI (based on what I know of her, which is basically what she posts on here). She seems focused on her family and close relations, and seems concrete in her centers of interest for the most part. EII social mission is about helping others heal psychological traumas at a close emotional distance, so they make good psychologists, counselors, etc. Gabor Maté, Abraham Maslow, and Carl Rogers are examples. I just don't reall see her in that role, but I could be wrong.

But I don't think she will agree with me, we're probably looking at different images of the types anyways, which leads to different conclusions. I don't use model A much if at all, and I don't type by "polr".
    Have you watched her videos?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Have you watched her videos?
    I have not. I'm simply basing myself on what she talks about in the forum, and it seems to connect well with the social mission of ESI, more oriented towards her close environment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Socionics/c...a_closer_look/

· ESI: Ethics of Welfare (R- into S+, or Fi into Si). Guardians are a quiet (and quite rare) people who always evaluate everyone they come in contact with as a people. “Are they good enough to be included in my social circle? Are they ethical?” This is all fine and good, however, the society needs ESIs to use their tendencies to minimize negative relationships in order to maximize our comforts in an ethical manner, so people are not walked on, and that the environment is safe. Guardians seem to be the best match for LIEs as partners in that regard, preventing them from totally destroying our planet.
    EII: Ethics of Time (R+ into T-, or Fi into Ni). Humanists are some of the most forgiving people out there, but this forgiveness is selfish, used more by Humanists to prove themselves that they are good people indeed. This can lead to all sorts of disasters, mostly being taken advantaged of. What the society needs EIIs to do is to apply this forgiveness to people’s past, to help them realize what went wrong in the person’s past, and how to plot a correcting action. For example, how to solve people’s childhood traumas.
    Actually, I think it could be either for @Beautiful sky . It can be difficult to tell online. I can see her identifying with the first sentence of the EII social mission. So maybe?

Why do you ask, anyways?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not.

Why do you ask?
    It usually helps when typing After watching these, do you still think ESI? Just curious.

https://m.youtube.com/@MaritsaDarman/videos
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It usually helps when typing After watching these, do you still think ESI? Just curious.

https://m.youtube.com/@MaritsaDarman/videos
    I will watch, and let you know.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

I watched some of the videos (the ones about cooking don't help much, except that she's proud of her cooking ability, which might indicate sensing, but it shouldn't be the only factor). I don't know, to be honest. I can see R/Fi lead, I can also see IEI-N. She seems enneagram 2w1 or 1w2 which might make her a bit different than many IEIs, who are 4s. So, an IEI that has qualities of rationality (such as a tendnecy to orderliness and following rules, respect for others) is a possibility.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's also possible for a person to not act according to their social mission, just according to their lead function. In which case the person is fullfilling a more personal or individual mission, without their creative function (which is demontrative in model A, for the plebs <3 ) . The creative isn't valued, so a person is not naturally inclined to use it on their own, needs society to make that push and express that need.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

I watched some of the videos (the ones about cooking don't help much, except that she's proud of her cooking ability, which might indicate sensing, but it shouldn't be the only factor). I don't know, to be honest. I can see R/Fi lead, I can also see IEI-N. She seems enneagram 2w1 or 1w2 which might make her a bit different than many IEIs, who are 4s. So, an IEI that has qualities of rationality (such as a tendnecy to orderliness and following rules, respect for others) is a possibility.
    I tend to agree with her self typing. So EII, and N subtype. At least I don't see any reason for me to challenge it. But I don't have any super strong arguments for or against, but I've known some EII-Ns personally. I don't think the cooking indicates anything, as intuitives can often be interested in it. (cooking actually involves both intuition and sensing, and also Te but it also depends how people do it.). I can understand why IEI is an option, but I prefer EII. But ESI is hard for me to see.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with her self typing. So EII, and N subtype. At least I don't see any reason for me to challenge it. But I don't have any super strong arguments for or against, but I've known some EII-Ns personally. I don't think the cooking indicates anything, as intuitives can often be interested in it. (cooking actually involves both intuition and sensing, and also Te but it also depends how people do it.). I can understand why IEI is an option, but I prefer EII. But ESI is hard for me to see.
    Fair enough.

I think it's hard for me to correctly identify female EIIs, as the ones I know irl are almost all male, and I think the type is fairly rare anyways. There are alot of self-typed EIIs in typology communities, but none of the female "EIIs" seem like that type. They more often seem like betas with an interest in psychology and relationships. That's not to put Maritsa in the same boat, btw, but to point out that I actually have few, if any examples of female EII, so that type is hard to identify (there is one woman on Victor Gulenko's personal channel, that he has typed EII, though, but one example is still very limited).

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a relatively large MBTI group that I am one of the organisers of (around 1000 members). The most common type is EII, and I think many are mistyped IEI. The real EII that I have encountered irl were quite uninterested in socionics, even very critical. The same applied to the ILI to a lesser extend.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(there is one woman on Victor Gulenko's personal channel, that he has typed EII, though, but one example is still very limited).
    Do you have a link to that one?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say I don’t have Se in my ego block. Judging from how tender soft fragile and caring I am as a parent and comparing that to the typical ESI who is demanding directive harsh critical disciplinarian I don’t use any fair amount of Se nor would I ever want to especially on my child who I want to develop into her own person.

Also not clean near and exacting like ESI are.

“ DREISERKAs make for strict, but loving mothers. They require obedience of their children and teach them discipline and order. The physical health of children, the completion of homework, and their friendships will always be under control and strict guidance of DREISERKA. She must know, with whom the child associates, where he went and when he will return. In short, she will try to make it so the intentions of all relatives are transparent and their actions and behaviors are known.”
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-30-2023 at 08:21 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    I think it's this one

https://youtu.be/OQb36aGhZ80

I think she is an IEI anyway. Edit: oh nevermind that was the result she got

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After doing some detective work: The man on the upper right hand (I really have to think what is left and what is right... my perception is so allocentric) corner is an EII

https://youtu.be/ePB8H2QbIfM
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

Cooking is not type related
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

It helps befor you make judgments to read a lot

She also worries about the health of her relatives, and therefore, diligently writes into her notebook, not only culinary recipes, but also herbal recipes as well as names of most important medicines, which can prove useful for various illnesses.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...NFj-by-Beskova
    -

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think it's this one

https://youtu.be/OQb36aGhZ80

I think she is an IEI anyway. Edit: oh nevermind that was the result she got
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJQrEHZKdM&t

No, it's not Jennifer Parker. I know she got IEI. The woman in the link (I can't upload it directly as a video to this site) is typed EII.

It's from Gulenko's personal channel, not the SHS channel.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cooking is not type related
    I am skeptical of such a statement. How do we know it's not? Do we even have enough data to make such a conclusion? No, we don't.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say I don’t have Se in my ego block. Judging from how tender soft fragile and caring I am as a parent and comparing that to the typical ESI who is demanding directive harsh critical disciplinarian I don’t use any fair amount of Se nor would I ever want to especially on my child who I want to develop into her own person.
    I think you are basing yourself on stereotypes too much. I am LSI, have Ne polr according to model A, and I am not a rational disciplinarian. If I had kids, I would want them to grow into their own person too. I don't think all ESIs are like that.

Also not clean near and exacting like ESI are.

“ DREISERKAs make for strict, but loving mothers. They require obedience of their children and teach them discipline and order. The physical health of children, the completion of homework, and their friendships will always be under control and strict guidance of DREISERKA. She must know, with whom the child associates, where he went and when he will return. In short, she will try to make it so the intentions of all relatives are transparent and their actions and behaviors are known.”
    Again, I don't see al ESIs this way. This a general description, imo those tend to be very well...general. And it's fairly old material.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It helps befor you make judgments to read a lot

She also worries about the health of her relatives, and therefore, diligently writes into her notebook, not only culinary recipes, but also herbal recipes as well as names of most important medicines, which can prove useful for various illnesses.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...NFj-by-Beskova
    Thanks for the tip, but I am not unfamiliar with reading wikisocion. I just don't consider it to be a great source of information.

Look, I am not saying I believe you are ESI absolutely. And this is not something I want to debate forever. I just don't see EII over ESI, per se. Or even EII over IEI. I don't consider myself sufficiently trained in diagnostic methods, then again, I'm probably a bit ahead of most people on this who try to type themselves by using no method at all (reading wikisocion articles and seeing which descriptions you relate your self-image to best isn't a method, it's fantasy, sorry).

Think what you want. I don't think you're open to feedback, and that's fine - you didn't ask for mine. But I felt like stating my impressions anyways, after all, it's fair game since you've given your opinion of my type and just about everyone on here at some point (without their agreement).

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's not Jennifer Parker. I know she got IEI. The woman in the link (I can't upload it directly as a video to this site) is typed EII.

Oh I haven't seen that one yet. She reminds me a little bit of the actress Anna Karina, who I think is an IEI.

https://youtu.be/QVfZ5sG41n0

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think you are basing yourself on stereotypes too much. I am LSI, have Ne polr according to model A, and I am not a rational disciplinarian. If I had kids, I would want them to grow into their own person too. I don't think all ESIs are like that.

Again, I don't see al ESIs this way. This a general description, imo those tend to be very well...general. And it's fairly old material.
    You must not have had an ESI mother
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip, but I am not unfamiliar with reading wikisocion. I just don't consider it to be a great source of information.

Look, I am not saying I believe you are ESI absolutely. And this is not something I want to debate forever. I just don't see EII over ESI, per se. Or even EII over IEI. I don't consider myself sufficiently trained in diagnostic methods, then again, I'm probably a bit ahead of most people on this who try to type themselves by using no method at all (reading wikisocion articles and seeing which descriptions you relate your self-image to best isn't a method, it's fantasy, sorry).

Think what you want. I don't think you're open to feedback, and that's fine - you didn't ask for mine. But I felt like stating my impressions anyways, after all, it's fair game since you've given your opinion of my type and just about everyone on here at some point (without their agreement).
    Then stop making judgments and start reading or observing people more
    -

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her nonverbal behavior is like my sister who I would type EII as well.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You must not have had an ESI mother
    Then stop making judgments and start reading or observing people more
    Triggered much? I'm glad you haven't forgotten how to ad hominem when someone expresses diagreement with you.

Plus ça change...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also I find it funny someone would get defensive about getting someone else's opinion of their type given that the same person is also the OP of this thread...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also I find it funny someone would get defensive about getting someone else's opinion of their type given that the same person is also the OP of this thread...
    You don’t have an opinion you have an uneducated guess
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wavebury: I don't think it's worth getting into a debate. She is very rigid and has a short temper. Likely N-sub

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Wavebury: I don't think it's worth getting into a debate. She is very rigid and has a short temper. Likely N-sub
    Calm as a fiddle also um I thought you couldn’t recognize moods as an LII?
    -

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm as a fiddle also um I thought you couldn’t recognize moods as an LII?
    If I may, that maybe true for a six years old LII ! Our weak functions evolve through time and by the time one has achieved adulthood he will acquire enough experience in those weak functions to well... function in society otherwise one might suffer from a form of handicap (cognitive development disorder) and that would be detected by the caregivers (most likely) and/or the school system. Teachers are good in detecting both mental retardation and precocity. Imho, It's not serious to assume that the PolR or suggestive are kinda like the "autistic" functions of a TIM ad vitam, that would be a literalistic interpretation of the Model (snapshot chart/ Organigram) applied to real People.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooohhh she’s lovely!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one is interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUxfLyrbv5k

I was like well... what is so special without translation.
    Then I read the translated commented section
    Fear, disgust and contempt are portrayed inadequately or hardly at all.
    LOL. Yes. Very much so.
    Another SLI pokemon
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really think she is a distance type, though? Why not D?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You don’t have an opinion you have an uneducated guess
    Ouch, what teeth.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really think she is a distance type, though? Why not D?
    The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule".

DCNH as far as I interpret it is more how you go through life and respond to intense situations. N-subs build their environments around rules to minimize potential danger while D and C don't care much about caution. everyone can LARP as a D-Sub online.