Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,080 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Good to see kill4meh posting his fake newsionics, as usual.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me @Aylen

Love is...
    when it's good to see

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if Fi is all about bonds and relations, shouldn't Fi-dom be masters at getting into relationships. So why isn't that that the the case
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 04-02-2019 at 06:12 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    So if Fi is all about bonds and relations, shouldn't Fi-dom be masters at getting into relationships. So why isn't that that the the case
    It is because Fi is all about assigning values to people and relationships, it is not the bonds or relationships themselves.

A person can be very good at counting money and terrible at making it.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Fi dom were good at getting into relationships they would be Fe : ) Introverts are gonna stay introverts and won't exercise their fine mastery "outside" but "within".

Really, the socionics description of Fi is f** up, read Jung instead.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It is because Fi is all about assigning values to people and relationships, it is not the bonds or relationships themselves.

Well crap, that makes sense. Good at seeing relations, not getting relations.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ethical introvert
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    If Fi dom were good at getting into relationships they would be Fe : ) Introverts are gonna stay introverts and won't exercise their fine mastery "outside" but "within".

Really, the socionics description of Fi is f** up, read Jung instead.
    I'd say the same for most functions.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Kill4Me @Aylen

Love is...
    when it's good to see
    Huh? I have no idea how you finish that sentence in your mind but don't ever finish it here .

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Huh? I have no idea how you finish that sentence in your mind but don't ever finish it here .
    I supposed to see the other one and what he does.
    You are not indifferent to each other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Good to see kill4meh posting his fake newsionics, as usual.
    Babylen? Why is he insulting you?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    It is good to see babylen posting in her quadra. Alleluia!
    She’s IEI. I would have my feelings hurt a long time ago
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I assign ethical qualities to people and judge their character
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine is dying. Various systems are gradually and inexorably shutting down. A fix for one problem precipitates a failure in another area. She pinpoints the decline to a case of frostbite she had a few years ago, but I suspect her body has long been strained from early days, if not pre-birth. She was not granted an easy life.

She is intelligent and strong of heart. Gruff and sharp in some ways, awkward in others, but compassionate, fun-loving, and very giving. I met her while volunteering service at a church. She predated my involvement by some years and only stopped because her body would not let her continue carrying heavy things.

Increasingly I've observed both her external and internal journey toward the face of death. She is now grieving her own passing, which could happen tomorrow or not for a few years. But it is coming, and discouragement, depression, and anxiety continuously threaten her straining toward joy and hope. I see the classics of denial, bargaining, anger, acceptance...

Over the last four years, and just again this last month, death has walked about and sat beside me. Since childhood, every so often I think about my own death, imagine the possible circumstances, and tears usually form. Like my friend, I don't want to die. There's still so much more I want to experience and impact. Even apart from that, though, death in general is just... very sad to me. Something that is (or could be) good - gone, snuffed out.

Perhaps if I was better at living with change, seeing death would be easier?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    A friend of mine is dying. Various systems are gradually and inexorably shutting down. A fix for one problem precipitates a failure in another area. She pinpoints the decline to a case of frostbite she had a few years ago, but I suspect her body has long been strained from early days, if not pre-birth. She was not granted an easy life.

She is intelligent and strong of heart. Gruff and sharp in some ways, awkward in others, but compassionate, fun-loving, and very giving. I met her while volunteering service at a church. She predated my involvement by some years and only stopped because her body would not let her continue carrying heavy things.

Increasingly I've observed both her external and internal journey toward the face of death. She is now grieving her own passing, which could happen tomorrow or not for a few years. But it is coming, and discouragement, depression, and anxiety continuously threaten her straining toward joy and hope. I see the classics of denial, bargaining, anger, acceptance...

Over the last four years, and just again this last month, death has walked about and sat beside me. Since childhood, every so often I think about my own death, imagine the possible circumstances, and tears usually form. Like my friend, I don't want to die. There's still so much more I want to experience and impact. Even apart from that, though, death in general is just... very sad to me. Something that is (or could be) good - gone, snuffed out.

Perhaps if I was better at living with change, seeing death would be easier?
    Was just watching/listening to this the other night:

I find listening to Eli talk about this kind of topics very therapeutic. Helps me get my head straight.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post

I find listening to Eli talk about this kind of topics very therapeutic. Helps me get my head straight.
    Ooh, that's long. I'll listen to it in bits throughout today. Thank you
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to take away from this thought.... I think Eli is a LSE-Si type or a more extroverted SLI. If not these then ISFp, some Si kindness in his eyes.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde Yeah, sorry about that. This is one of his long form monologues. I usually listen to these before bed, helps with insomnia.

@Finaplex I agree. I like him a lot. Very pragmatic, grounded, kind, and open-minded.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Even apart from that, though, death in general is just... very sad to me. Something that is (or could be) good - gone, snuffed out.
    I think this might often be an illusion that living people see when observing somebody dying, but it was very inspiring to me how my dad kept his sense of humor and his same personality more or less even when dying from painful, grimdark cancer. Lots of times horrible things want you to worship them for how serious they are or something, and completely let them get the best of you and by simply laughing you will counteract the natural sadness of the situation.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde Yeah, sorry about that. This is one of his long form monologues. I usually listen to these before bed, helps with insomnia.
    I have a hard time listening to someone talk before I sleep or as a help to falling asleep because usually I want to keep listening, and I don't want to train my brain to shut down while listening to them.

I got all the way through and it was helpful. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

I think this might often be an illusion that living people see when observing somebody dying, but it was very inspiring to me how my dad kept his sense of humor and his same personality more or less even when dying from painful, grimdark cancer. Lots of times horrible things want you to worship them for how serious they are or something, and completely let them get the best of you and by simply laughing you will counteract the natural sadness of the situation.
    Yes. That's one of the things that I've thought a bit about and has guided some of my choices the last few years. I even get this feeling of rebelliousness against the sadness, against the darkness that seeks to take so much. So, overall, I've chosen to feel what I feel when I feel it. As in, if I'm sad, I recognize it and accept it. Or if I'm afraid, I (try to) face it and look at it and understand it. But if something makes me happy or laugh, I don't try to squelch that either. If I feel peaceful and fulfilled, I have allowed myself to bask in that. For myself, it's healthy to honor pain and loss but not let it swallow me. I want my life to be about joy, too.

(Some of this is probably related to my 9ness...)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Minde

Yeah I think both things might be true, there were definitely times when my dad looked at me in so much pain and this really worried expression and the only thing I could feel was sad/empty (cuz hey, nobody can replace my dad), but then he learned to laugh about it, and taught us all to do that as well.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    @Minde

Yeah I think both things might be true, there were definitely times when my dad looked at me in so much pain and this really worried expression and the only thing I could feel was sad/empty (cuz hey, nobody can replace my dad), but then he learned to laugh about it, and taught us all to do that as well.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I have a hard time listening to someone talk before I sleep or as a help to falling asleep because usually I want to keep listening, and I don't want to train my brain to shut down while listening to them.

I got all the way through and it was helpful. Thank you for sharing it with me.
    I relate, in the sense that I dislike falling asleep while listening to someone talk or have a discussion on topics that draw my attention, so I try to time things right by predicting whether I can stay awake for the entire duration of what I'm about to play. Sometimes I force myself not to fall asleep until I've made it through to the end. On the other hand, though, I enjoy falling asleep listening to music or watching (or just listening to) some random show or documentary. I know people who need dead silence in order to fall asleep, but that rarely happens to me.

I'm glad you found it useful. Eli has a lot of quality content, including some short 10-15 min. clips where he answers questions and gives advice to tech professionals or, as of late, discussing trending topics on one of his channels.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am beginning to feel the sadness of Socionics. I am helping an LSE girlfriend find a match. Just any nice guy and already I sense the incompatibilities with the men she’s dating. She recently went out with an ESE guy who got super emotional on her and decided he was “normal” and she’s not so he asked her to slow down. She asked me why he had no compassion towards her and I had to explain that his emotions exploded and overshadowed the tender feelings towards her. Well the “slow down” turned out to be a lie and he doesn’t want to be with her. Long story short I hope she can find a worthy mate. It’s just sad that INFJ men will not be an option since there are so few if not any of them. If you are INFJ man you want an LSE you may have a chance but she’s my friend so you’ll need to pass my test. I’m just beginning to feel so bad about the disparity in types that exists
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I am beginning to feel the sadness of Socionics. I am helping an LSE girlfriend find a match. Just any nice guy and already I sense the incompatibilities with the men she’s dating. She recently went out with an ESE guy who got super emotional on her and decided he was “normal” and she’s not so he asked her to slow down. She asked me why he had no compassion towards her and I had to explain that his emotions exploded and overshadowed the tender feelings towards her. Well the “slow down” turned out to be a lie and he doesn’t want to be with her. Long story short I hope she can find a worthy mate. It’s just sad that INFJ men will not be an option since there are so few if not any of them. If you are INFJ man you want an LSE you may have a chance but she’s my friend so you’ll need to pass my test. I’m just beginning to feel so bad about the disparity in types that exists
    I know four EII males. One is senile, two are divorced and in newer relationships with rich women, and one is in his late twenties or early thirties and works for Cray Inc. and is single but thinks LSE's are always "angry" about something. Lol.

I would not filter your friend's romantic possibilities for her. She might like what you do not.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old is your friend?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How old is your friend?
    34 and she’s 6 foot tall
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

34 and she’s 6 foot tall
    Oh she plays for the WNBA.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh she plays for the WNBA.
    No she’s a model
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No she’s a model
    I'll need to VI her to verify LSE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol I need you

How is it that when I go to a coffee shop and get a coffee it taste completely different than when I make it at home?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How is it that when I go to a coffee shop and get a coffee it taste completely different than when I make it at home?
    different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time after other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    Last edited by Sol; 04-10-2019 at 07:35 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time before other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    Thank you sol
    I will ask them and be more mindful of the environment around me
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time after other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    It is different Coffee. I askedand they said they receive special bags from which they brew their coffees and they can’t sell me those bags. How did you know the truth?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It is different Coffee. I askedand they said they receive special bags from which they brew their coffees and they can’t sell me those bags. How did you know the truth?
    I've supposed several possible reasons. One of them has fited to your situation.

Also I met on markets. Sellers may give you to taste better product than what will sell indeed. Alike better fruit, than significant part of ones in the box from which they'll randomly give the fruits to you. For example, they may mix fresh fruits with slightly outdated ones.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk about american coffee but in Italy there's no way you can reproduce the coffee you have in a bar at home, for one reason: caffeterie have professional machines, like this

^they make a coffee in 20 seconds.

at home, there's no way you can have that...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This summer I will decide about changing careers and moving. It feels monumental because I have only ever been an academic, but I am increasingly disillusioned with higher ed and I still hate where I live. So it will be a summer of lots of hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, road trips, puppy cuddles, and dreaming up a new life.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This summer I will decide about changing careers and moving. It feels monumental because I have only ever been an academic, but I am increasingly disillusioned with higher ed and I still hate where I live. So it will be a summer of lots of hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, road trips, puppy cuddles, and dreaming up a new life.
    @Kim, I can't think of a better way to make a big decision.

*When facing another day of doing the same thing is worse than the fear of doing something new.*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love how my husband informs me about his activities. My favorite part about our relationship
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how my husband informs me about his activities. My favorite part about our relationship
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?