Page 123 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,920 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, so hey. I'm curious to see how I fit in here.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realized that when I like someone, I am very obvious about it and can show my feelings very easily. While an ENTj said that Te leading types such as ESTj and ENTj are more impassive about their feelings and it is hard to know what they really feel about a person.

My question is, do Te base people lack knowledge of their true inner feelings? If so, do they rely on others to display their feelings in order to have "permission" to like them back? Do they really just lack their own feelings unless others show them feelings.
    Thank you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I realized that when I like someone, I am very obvious about it and can show my feelings very easily. While an ENTj said that Te leading types such as ESTj and ENTj are more impassive about their feelings and it is hard to know what they really feel about a person.

My question is, do Te base people lack knowledge of their true inner feelings? If so, do they rely on others to display their feelings in order to have "permission" to like them back? Do they really just lack their own feelings unless others show them feelings.
    Thank you
    They often don't know what they feel and through exhaustive speaking about someone about what they are observing they come to understand their feeling towards things. Yes, they don't always know what they are feeling.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    They often don't know what they feel and through exhaustive speaking about someone about what they are observing they come to understand their feeling towards things. Yes, they don't always know what they are feeling.
    LOL This makes so much sense in regards to the ones I know. They say to me, "Well it can't be that we are friends, because friends don't say this and this and this to each other." And I'll go, "Just because you got upset it doesn't mean we are not friends... " They disregard a whole year of friendship just because I said one thing they didn't want to hear.
    And I say "I really like you" and they answer, "Yea right stop lying because last time you said you hate me."
    Do they really believe that I don't like them when I make it so obvious and clear that I do? Like by calling to apologize and telling them how bad I feel about what happened...
    It is a miracle that we are still friends because this happens all the time

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL This makes so much sense in regards to the ones I know. They say to me, "Well it can't be that we are friends, because friends don't say this and this and this to each other." And I'll go, "Just because you got upset it doesn't mean we are not friends... " They disregard a whole year of friendship just because I said one thing they didn't want to hear.
    And I say "I really like you" and they answer, "Yea right stop lying because last time you said you hate me."
    Do they really believe that I don't like them when I make it so obvious and clear that I do? Like by calling to apologize and telling them how bad I feel about what happened...
    It is a miracle that we are still friends because this happens all the time
    Are you sure that's not an ESE? What you quoted is very linear Ej but I don't see LSE saying that. LSE state what they want by often saying "I just want friendship" and besides for making their intentions clear will also say "I don't know where this is going" as in where it will end up in the future.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure that's not an ESE? What you quoted is very linear Ej but I don't see LSE saying that. LSE state what they want by often saying "I just want friendship" and besides for making their intentions clear will also say "I don't know where this is going" as in where it will end up in the future.
    I'm positive they are ESTj because we always said that I was the "feeler" and they were the "thinker." I think it makes sense for an ESTj to say those things, because they need "proof" that there really is a friendship there, and if it doesn't "Look" like there is one than they won't think so. And you can tell them that you really like them but if they don't see proof of it then they doubt it and don't admit that they feel that way too.
    Like I said "I told you I like you," and they answered, "well you also said you hate me," (which was 4 months ago but they still remember)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:00 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm positive they are ESTj because we always said that I was the "feeler" and they were the "thinker." I think it makes sense for an ESTj to say those things, because they need "proof" that there really is a friendship there, and if it doesn't "Look" like there is one than they won't think so. And you can tell them that you really like them but if they don't see proof of it then they doubt it and don't admit that they feel that way too.
    Like I said "I told you I like you," and they answered, "well you also said you hate me," (which was 4 months ago but they still remember)
    You make a reasonable analysis. I'm still slightly suspicious though.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i must be estj.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you
    I don't know how this works in LSE and LIE, but when it comes to myself an example would be me telling my husband that we should no longer see each other before we even became a couple. And after having that conversation with him, me sitting down alone at home and starting to cry and asking myself "why am I crying?"
    Luckily he didn't give up on me and after a few weeks started to pursue me again and we became an "official" couple roughly a month after that crying session of mine.
    Later on I figured out that instinctively I must have known that there is sth between us and that's why I was sad and crying although on a conscious level I didn't understand why.

I know 2 male ESEs who exercise their Ti quite a lot and can come across LIIish if one was to judge their type strictly by the sort of job they perform and whether they are a "thinker" (especially if they were to talk about themselves and describe themselves). They're still Fe-base.
    I know an IEE male who'd also rather see himself as a "thinker" rather than a feeler.
    And I know plenty females who'd rather see themselves as "feelers" rather than "thinkers". (myself included)
    Gender roles do mess this part of perception of ourselves and other people a lot, same with upbringing. Besides all people think and feel so when describing oneself a person is more likely to say about oneself the thing they perceive as something they like and value about themselves more, not necessarily what it would mean if we were "speaking socionics" and looking at their actual "type".
    But in the end you know this person in real life and you have more information needed for typing than we do and this person can just as well be LSE. This is just a "what if".

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    How did you come across when you said you hated your friend? Was it obvious that you didn't mean it. Does your friend have a habit of taking things literally?
    No it was not obvious that I didn't mean it because in that moment, I did. We had been fighting and it was blown out of proportion, and my friend was yelling at me that I really did something terrible and I was fed up. Yes, she does take things literally, she is an ESTj after all. And I mean everything I say. Even if it is just in the moment. We still like each other though, so we still speak.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i must be estj.
    Ha ha I don't get ur point

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    I don't know how this works in LSE and LIE, but when it comes to myself an example would be me telling my husband that we should no longer see each other before we even became a couple. And after having that conversation with him, me sitting down alone at home and starting to cry and asking myself "why am I crying?"
    Luckily he didn't give up on me and after a few weeks started to pursue me again and we became an "official" couple roughly a month after that crying session of mine.
    Later on I figured out that instinctively I must have known that there is sth between us and that's why I was sad and crying although on a conscious level I didn't understand why.
    Aww this is soo sweet . I'm glad you are happily married. I guess it's more for thinking types in general to not know what they're feeling. Now I see where I have a slight advantage.
    It's funny because I was always "jealous" of thinking types that they don't take things so Personally like me... I used to pretend I don't care and I guess I hid everything inside because I thought all my feelings were unacceptable. This has to do with the fact that all of my family members are T types lol. So I thought F types were non existent. (well, in a figurative way).

I know 2 male ESEs who exercise their Ti quite a lot and can come across LIIish if one was to judge their type strictly by the sort of job they perform and whether they are a "thinker" (especially if they were to talk about themselves and describe themselves). They're still Fe-base.
    I know an IEE male who'd also rather see himself as a "thinker" rather than a feeler.
    And I know plenty females who'd rather see themselves as "feelers" rather than "thinkers". (myself included)
    Gender roles do mess this part of perception of ourselves and other people a lot, same with upbringing. Besides all people think and feel so when describing oneself a person is more likely to say about oneself the thing they perceive as something they like and value about themselves more, not necessarily what it would mean if we were "speaking socionics" and looking at their actual "type".
    But in the end you know this person in real life and you have more information needed for typing than we do and this person can just as well be LSE. This is just a "what if".
    I know that I use Ti a lot when I am with people who are not so familiar with me. But Only I and my friends know what I really am. It's just a front. HA once we had a discussion about left and right sided brains having to do with if a person is more "thinking" dominant or "feeling" dominant, and I convinced myself that I was Thinking. My ESTj friend laughed at me and said "If that's true than I don't believe in it." I was soo proud of myself for a few minutes there though lol. I think everybody knows what they are, but are scared to/ ashamed to admit it.
    yup I am positive they are ESTj because when we are not fighting, we are awesome together .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have great respect for people who have respect for nature. NOM. I want to join the Japanese rice farmers at Kabukuri-Numa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJbeesSWvc4

Oishi
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am listening to an interesting show on KPCC which is discussing about genetosity that it increases dopamine levels and make us feel good. It's also discussing how this is take to the extreme by people who hoard goods...that they acquire objects which in turn make the. Feel good.
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the main differences between Si-SLI and Si-LSE observable by you in real life?
    Is VI any good in discerning or does it not help too much when trying to type between mirror types?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I'm married now. Dearest SLI and were married in our little church on April 21st by our pious priest who is dear to me and much respected by my husband (our priest is LSI, FYI!). Only the Sacrament was our priority and we kept it tiny rather than wait till we had time and energy to put on a thing for folks. So just our two witnesses (my neighbors), and my son. It was unexpectedly beautiful, and took my breath away to come into the empty sanctuary so loaded with fresh living flowers (it had been bare for the 40 days of Lent, and on Easter, the day before, the church had been too crowded for me to really notice) and the light shining on the Tabernacle, and then the unexpected sight (I did not know what to expect) of the two kneelers that had been placed facing the altar for us, and the priest all vested, just for us. I wont ever forget that, and the great feeling of that moment that we were being spiritually blessed in this Sacrament, that our angels and heaven were with us in that moment and still are. I did not expect it to change me. It did, something inside me changed, and words our priest said stayed with me. It truly does feel different, and very good, to be married. Unexpectedly, it feels like a very big responsibility, one I need Gods grace for to carry out. I wasn't expecting the "feeling different" part. Or the responsibility - I think I thought that because we are Duals its all easy. But I don't think God wants me to see it that way, and I won't.

We got back from our humble little honeymoon in the mountains (followed by some serious work* on his house where we will move to this summer) about 5am this past Sunday morning, after driving through the night. I have never watched a moon rise and set before but I did that night, a planet hung above it the whole time - cold it be Venus? I hope so. That would be romantic. The moon went from bright blinding white (I used my sunshade at night!) to golden yellow just in front of us then to red just before it set in front of us (we drove west). We had planned to leave Saturday morning, but there was stuff we wanted to accomplish, and that took til nearly 11pm Saturday night... so then we took off so I could rest at home before work on Monday. Driving in the dead of the night is actually - practically no traffic!

Students at school are calling me by my new name which helps me get used to it....

Among other things, we weeded a long-neglected long rock wall of a terrace which looks great now, and got rid of 275 gallons of heating oil and disengagedthe tank from the house and got it hauled out (2'x4'x5' steel oil tank)! And primed and painted a 100 year old stone and masonry cellar- floor and walls! (Parish White on the walls and soft Mint on the floor).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm cleaning up my papers from 20 plus years ago and I'm finding a lot of print outs of how to clean certain things work...like removing stains and such. gonna share there with my cou sin then recycle the. @Eliza Thomason I'm so happy for you
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm cleaning up my papers from 20 plus years ago and I'm finding a lot of print outs of how to clean certain things work...like removing stains and such. gonna share there with my cousin then recycle the. @Eliza Thomason I'm so happy for you
    Thanks Maritsa and also Aisa, Lecky and Becca for the "likes" on that announcement. Maritsa, share with us some of your cleaning tips!

I am going to be paring down all my life's belongings by 50-75%!!! We have already done that to my husbands, what a job, now we do that with mine. I asked my friend who has an estate sale business (in Missouri, too far from me) the best way to get rid of stuff without a yard sale (we can only have estate sales in my townhouse complex - yard sales and garage sales are prohibited - and I do not want to keep everything here waiting for a sale, I want to get rid of it asap so I can feel the "emptiness" which will inspire me to keep getting rid of things and make the move not seem so daunting...

Anyway, my friend said to go to the local flea market/consignment shop place and ask at the desk for names of people who might want to come by, see the stuff,and make an offer. So now I will start collecting boxes and start filling them so I can do just that. I need also to have my son show me how to post pics so i can get rid of some of the stuff on Craigslist, like a large complete set of gold-rimmed Limoges China, an old maple Ethan Allen china cabinet in new condition, (I have three china cabinets and 3 sets of china: that old Limoges to sell, a Blue Danube set, a friend wants to buy, and Portmeiroion, collected since college which I will keep. (when I was little, my favorite present ever was my little tin tea set...).

I have just a lot of stuff in general, especially thanks to things being passed onto me, the only girl among mostly male relatives.. I have books, and books, and just too much stiff altogether. I had my own house when I was previously married, and have had 4 moves since, and in spite of large yard sales then and since, I have hauled around and saved still too much stuff. Our new home will be smaller than this and not have a giant new basement like this one, which is fairly full, but instead, the 100 year old cellar we just painted, so much smaller and with 2 foot thick walls. I want to use two walls of it for DH's new workshop table (my grandfathers old one we will bring with us) and one wall is taken with old card shop drawers reserved for tools and such for him. (We salvaged these things from ALL OVER the house, on every floor - he never had an organized space, just stuff everywhere; I organized it down tot he last nail and screw...). Really I will have just one short wall for basement storage in order not to overcrowd it, so I need to do some serious letting go of things.

Oh my gosh, I have SO MUCH to do in a month and a half!!!! I must make serious progress this weekend so it does not seem so overwhelming. As I write I realized how much to do in so little time, so, I sent my son to the liquor store to get boxes (which he did happily, as he just got his driver's license yesterday).

Okay then my goal is to get lots of filled boxes this weekend and get the names of sellers early in the week to come make me an offer and take away stuff.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is he LSE (white guy)? Watch 1:00-5:00.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to you and your husband, @Eliza Thomason !!! So happy for you !!!

I decided to practice some music pieces this afternoon, and when I looked up, three hours had passed! What a time warp. Do you all experience that with anything in particular? Hours literally felt like minutes.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I decided to practice some music pieces this afternoon, and when I looked up, three hours had passed! What a time warp. Do you all experience that with anything in particular? Hours literally felt like minutes.
    umm, yeah, I can relate to time warps. Strangely enough (and this is going to sound so silly ) over the years I've noticed that with me it intensifies at the worst moment of the month... my time management goes then from lousy to just time warp (and I used this phrase before many times in my thoughts or to my so). No matter how much I try to hurry up, everything takes me twice as much time than usual and it's a very strange feeling of "where did all the time go? I'm really trying to hurry up. It usually takes me minutes, huh " (every. single. month. same story - time just disappears into a vacuum)
    getting immersed in sth interesting and jumping from one thing to another and then going "when did all this time fly by?" is an everyday thing. sometimes I feel everyone feels like this and I'm just undisiciplined, I really don't know (not saying that you are)
    not sure if that's what you meant, but that's my take on this from my personal pov

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:01 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My day usually starts out with "I have so much time to get done what I need to do! Awesome!" Something random will grab my attention or a thought/topic I'm curious about and I will start researching. I'll think " Oh, don't worry, you still have time." Before I know it, hours went by and I'm wondering where the time went and then I rush to get done what I need to get done. Somehow I get it done, but I never accomplish the extra things I would've liked to have accomplished, meaning I may sweep through cleaning my house, but never seem to get to the heap of paperwork that needs to be filed away. Go figure.
    i agree. That's because paperwork requires organization
    -

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My day usually starts out with "I have so much time to get done what I need to do! Awesome!" Something random will grab my attention or a thought/topic I'm curious about and I will start researching. I'll think " Oh, don't worry, you still have time." Before I know it, hours went by and I'm wondering where the time went and then I rush to get done what I need to get done. Somehow I get it done, but I never accomplish the extra things I would've liked to have accomplished, meaning I may sweep through cleaning my house, but never seem to get to the heap of paperwork that needs to be filed away. Go figure.

Lol this is how it looks and I relate

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Becca lol she's funny
    also, there's sth about this girl that reminds me of Alanis Morissette. It's not a huge resemblance, but enough to make me browse google images

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea she's awesome, and is an INFj I think. I watch her other vlogs all the time

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@aisa

I was curious, how do you relate to Ne as a base function?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm @Suedehead, I'd say this description is pretty much spot on:

Ego block: extraverted intuition Ne blocked with introverted ethics Fi

The central, most dominant qualities of this type are related to extraverted intuition. Leading extraverted intuition implies being motivated to pursue “intangible,” but external territory – specifically, access to opportunities, contacts with interesting and potentially useful people, or a key position as gatekeeper of information channels or social networks. IEEs have a well-developed vision of their own and others’ capabilities and mission and are motivated more by access to prospects and important information and people than by visible, material assets and rewards.

IEEs are drawn to situations and issues where they expect significant change to occur. They want to be a part of evolving situations, relationships, and issues where hidden potential is just beginning to materialize. When they are taking part in developing something long-term with high potential to influence people’s lives, IEEs feel a great deal of personal power and enthusiasm. They are capable of ardently – even viciously – defending their mental conception of their own and other people’s potential and mission. It is nearly impossible to influence their opinion on these matters, as they trust only their own perception and expect others to accept it as being authoritative.

Leading extraverted intuition implies that the qualities that they notice, remember, and search for in their surroundings (and in other people) are mainly intangible and uncertain rather than material or visible, but have the potential to materialize into something real and important or significantly influence events – for example, innate traits, applications, and capabilities of things, people, and situations.

IEEs like to always keep their options open and avoid cutting off their access to new opportunities. They feel best when they both have it all and are not tied down in the least. They expect their intimate partners will both love and nurture them and not burden them down with permanent responsibilities, material expectations, or a predictable lifestyle.

IEEs’ extraverted intuition is primarily applied to the human world of introverted ethics rather than the abstract, impersonal world of introverted logic. They are naturally better at having an impact on the quality of people’s relationships, inner sentiments, and self-concept than on influencing the world of abstract ideas or organizational systems. They have an innate interest in ideas and concepts that can influence people’s lives for the better and help them reach their inborn potential. They are quick to offer people (who they are remotely concerned for) suggestions on how they can develop themselves, increase their professional potential, and develop a working life strategy. The basic message of the IEE’s advice is this: “broaden your horizons, try out new things, get out of restrictive situations, discover new abilities and facets of yourself, and search for opportunities that best fit your innate qualities.” IEEs are focused on getting into the best external situation rather than getting by in existing situations.

IEEs always seem to have a bit of extra energy in their day-to-day life; they always seem to be carrying one too many bags in their arms, taking on one too many responsibilities, watching one too many TV shows before going to bed, and consistently overextending themselves in many other little ways. Their naturally expansive nature leads them to pursue enticing external goals to the detriment of the proper maintenance of their inner life (true of all extraverts).

In their normal state of mind, IEEs continually have “random insights” flash into their mind about things they have been reflecting about. These insights take precedence over things they are supposed to be doing at the moment, and the IEE has to briefly stop and think about them. When they are working, IEEs have frequent random impulses to look up various information, do something else for a moment, or briefly pursue some idea of theirs. This mental quality means that IEEs usually perform multiple aspects of tasks at once, jumping from section to section as the inspiration hits them (if it hits them at all).

IEEs are able to keep a mental image of the whole task in mind as they work on separate parts of it. They enjoy working on the overall concept and strategy of tasks and are good at modifying the concept mid-stream without missing a beat. This is because they almost continually hold in their mind an image or awareness of the overall situations they are in and turn the situations around in their minds to look for new high-potential directions to take or problems that may await them in the future. Externally, this mental process manifests itself as unexpected, yet deliberate behavior that betrays a “higher level of strategy.”

When solving problems, IEEs prefer to try something new or invent their own approach rather than use a tested method or known solution that is certain to work. This sometimes leads to brilliant solutions, but it also often leads to IEEs stubbornly reinventing the wheel. IEEs insist on exercising their imagination in things both major and minor. They prefer guesswork, perceptive speculation, and experimentation over executing algorithms and basing their conclusions only on what is known for sure.

IEEs easily think in terms of what “could happen” or what “might have been.” They easily imagine how things (situations, relationships, events) could be different if some critical factor or event were added or removed. This allows them to model events and analyze trends, but it also means they can harbor regret for years for making critical, far-reaching errors (SLIs, in contrast, prefer to drive regrets from their mind).

IEEs have a natural sense of the paradoxical and absurd in life and society and can put this to use in conversation and humor. They are usually witty and enjoy saying things that are unexpectedly absurd for laughs.

IEEs easily remember and catalog information about people’s interests, expertise, talents, and personality in their minds. They do not need to be next to a person to maintain a sense of contact with him or her, but can feel genuinely close to people who are far removed from them in time in space. They are driven to establish and maintain contact with people whom they have some sort of personally significant connection to, even if that means just one letter or visit a year or less. For IEEs, a sense of closeness comes after they and their partner (whether friend or stranger) share extraverted intuition and introverted ethics information about themselves – especially personal experience that led to key insights and had a significant impact on their personal development. Sharing such revelations is a favorite “peak experience” of IEEs and can produce an intense feeling of kinship and spiritual closeness.

IEEs’ strong introverted ethics implies a natural ability to create a friendly, open, sincere atmosphere where people can freely demonstrate their innate traits (which serves their central extraverted intuition interests). They shun feelings of social awkwardness and easily acquire the skill of making people feel comfortable and accepted. They effectively use their warm and genuine smile and maintain the optimal psychological distance with the people they communicate with. This means purposely limiting contact and one-on-one situations with some people as well as pursuing personal contact with others where there is potential in the relationship that needs to be developed.

By cleverly and purposefully regulating the degree and extent of personal contact with other people, IEEs typically are able to avoid negative emotions, disappointment, and offense and preserve participants’ sense of autonomy and spontaneity. The flip side of this innate ability is a hypersensitivity to feelings of awkwardness and incompatibility. IEEs want to be able to choose for themselves whom they interact with and can easily feel repressed and abused if they are not given this opportunity. They are better at selecting compatible, mutually interesting combinations of people than adapting to situations where they must interact closely with people who do not match them ideally. They feel that the natural expression of individual qualities should take precedence over the proper maintenance of relationships (which reflects the priority of extraverted intuition over introverted ethics).
    source: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...by-Rick-DeLong
    I also relate to a lot here:

Extroverted Intuition (Ne)

IEEs are predominantly motivated by their feelings of interest and boredom. They are attracted to novel ideas, unusual or peculiar goings-on in day-to day life, and new experiences. They may have a tendency to frequently engage themselves in novel life "projects," which can and often consist of novel concepts or fields of thought, new activities, and new lifestyles (this list is not all-inclusive). These types of projects often take the form of activities that are uncommon, concepts that are unknown or avocations that have not been done or tried before. Regardless of the nature of their interests, they often have a tendency to try to accumulate as much knowledge about the field as they can, and sometimes to improve the field by finding new ways of conceptually framing its basic principles (needs an example). Eventually, once there is nothing left to discover, or when they simply become bored, they will follow their curiosity and find a new topic of interest.

Many IEEs require a certain degree of freedom from obligation in order to do their work and pursue their sometimes idiosyncratic interests, to the point where they may dramatically eschew conventional lifestyles. Some IEEs may have an irrational dread of working at a desk job or an office where they do not have the opportunity to pursue their whimsical hobbies. However, they often overestimate the torturous ordeal of having to perform specific chores that are not in line with their interests, and many IEEs that are acclimated to the reality of their obligations may not share this trepidation at having to fulfill them.

IEEs are often spontaneous and sometimes quite distractible individuals whose natural energy level leads them to be working on something or doing something most of the time (in contrast to dominant types whose natural state is one of inertia and contemplation). However their work is often periodic in nature rather and tends to be on whatever projects they have involved themselves in at the moment, or whatever they are interested in doing at the moment, rather than a consistent schedule or routine. Many IEEs routinely have spur-of-the-moment ideas or curiosities, and may be inclined to look up random information or do arbitrary things that have occurred to them in lieu of whatever they might have been working on previously.

IEEs, perhaps more than any other type, often have a tendency to seek out multiple perspectives and viewpoints on controversial matters. They are rarely tied down to any particular ideology and often have an implicit sense of faith that others are as intellectually open as they are. IEEs frequently have a innately optimistic disposition (despite how bleak they perceive the facts of any situation to be), and often earnestly believe in the value of a process of thorough, respectful, and politically correct discussion of controversial matters, and often that through a such due process of formal exposition of viewpoints, most reasonable people will come to a consensus as to the essential facts and truth of the debate.

IEEs often tend to mentalize and verbalize matters of personal development, individual qualities, and significant personal experiences, and often develop connections best with others through disucssing matters of personal development that are close at heart to them. They may have a sort of innate tendency to spontaneously try to help others find an appropriate outlet for their particular talents, focusing on the potential positive aspects of their character; they may become engrossed over what people might become rather than what they are currently, and thus have a tendency to be able to see the positive side of everyone.
    source: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEE-ENFp/
    how it would demonstrate irl (some of it was already mentioned in the above descriptions) is probably me getting easily distracted by one thing from one thing to another, constantly jumping from an idea to another (I've just taken the time to count how many pages are open in my browser right now = 41), starting many things and then struggling to completion despite them being objectively good ideas, enjoying abstract wordplay back and forth on a daily basis very much, being able to model physical objects in my head and then creating them irl without having to draw a plan, always being able to come up with a few viewpoints and solutions to situations people describe to me and various approaches to their problems, etc.
    I do think I am IEE-Fi subtype though. Also, I think you will eventually know which type fits you best. I knew I loved Ne way before I realised it is my base function fwiw. PoLR and role functions' descriptions seemed to help me quite a bit, too.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@aisa

Thanks for that. What types of 'ideas' are they? How often do you get them? How do you experiences your senses?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No lounge is a lounge without good music.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead, it's actually difficult to explain, when I come to think about it. I tried to "observe" myself over the past few days and when it comes to the "ideas" it varies from a flood of jumping from one thing to another and wanting to do sth (i.e. make sth) to just a constant background "buzz", nothing special, just a regular flow where thinking about one thing immediately sparks thoughts going in other directions (i.e. smn asking for advice and me immediately coming up with various answers, possibilities, solutions and the longer I think, the more I can come up with and the more outlandish they get - which is a point where I know it's time to stop and go back to the first few as most realistic).
    Senses - hmm I tend to not notice that I am hungry until I am absolutely starving (happens with my ILI mum too, doesn't happen to my ESI dad and SLI husband). I need a dark and silent place to fall asleep and find it difficult to fall asleep during the day and to just "stop" and decide "I'm tired, time to recharge", whereas my husband can fall asleep almost anywhere, there can be some noise (nothin extreme), there can be light (not a reflector in his face ) - and he has the ability to "tune it out". I believe I've read somewhere in this forum that the inability to tune things out is linked to weak Si (?) It's difficult to say sth more, cause it depends on what you would like to know.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm, when browsing through an old thread, I found a link to a Russian socionics forum, one thing lead to another and with bing translator I found this site which seems to be quite a vast source of type descriptions by various authors. I don't know, maybe other people here in Delta have already seen those, but I certainly haven't yet come across many of them. So here it is (links to machine translation, cause I don't know Russian):

IEE - Huxley: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...09-24-14-36-51 (33 descriptions)

SLI - Gabin: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...09-24-14-37-12 (35 descriptions)

EII - Dostoevsky: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...09-24-14-38-20 (33 descriptions)

LSE - Stirlitz: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...09-24-14-37-46 (32 descriptions)
    Last edited by aisa; 05-29-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: those Russian names

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many changes. In April I married. In April my son (SLE) turned 18. He graduates in June and wants to take a "gap year" while he decides what to do, he has different leanings for college... Last week he took and passed his drivers test and I gave him my old Corolla sitting in garage and we got it insured registered and inspected and repaired all in the same week and then he drove right off for the weekend on his own in it, to Cornell for a graduation, an hour and a half away. He got his school parking lot permit and is driving himself to and from school now. I am glad he has the chance to do that. Neither I nor my brothers had a car given to us but I am glad I could do that for him. Only because I am driving my mothers car now could I do it.

Now a new change I just found out about today - he put a deposit down on an apartment in Phoenix, to move in in July. He has been saying he wanted to go there but I was in denial (which he pointed out to me). The apt.is 30 minutes from my brother's, he and his wife have 4 boys around his age, one is sprung in his own apartment, another graduates this year... Oh,and his job, first real job he just got, will transfer there... so he has plans for how he will continue to pay rent, which is part of what he wanted, to know what its like to support himself...

I am afraid of his independence but glad for it as of course its time. He is level-headed and practical and I think he will be okay. Also in high school I only wanted to get away to another state and experience life somewhere else. I picked a college but I was not as independent as he is. He wants to stay here long enough to help us move in July and then off he will go.......

Being a parent has frightening moments. A piece of your heart can just go somewhere far away from you and you have no control over it... Yes, I guess its a gradual thing. But you bond so close and you are like glue when they are babies then its like a constant steady pulling apart ever after...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ he might be a little more expressive than some SLIs I know.
    Especially in that boomtown interview

I can see delta ST. You're a fan?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno, but I think that other guy from Desperate Housewives (the one with the blue eyes) was Delta ST.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Dunno, but I think that other guy from Desperate Housewives (the one with the blue eyes) was Delta ST.
    yeah, the other one - as in this one http://somelittlegems.files.wordpres...ke-delfino.jpg did seem Delta ST (methinks SLI?)

but ( @UDP ) I was curious about the first one cause he looks a lot like my husband in the photos (similar as in both looks and facial expressions)
    I need to watch that interview again.
    (My husband's 9w8 and I'd say he does appear friendlier upon first contact than his SLI father (likely 5w6, very withdrawn) and a SLI girl I know (possibly e1, quite sharp in speech). Idk if this is enneagram related or sth more to do with type. I'm fairly certain of him being Delta ST and when I compare energy levels he is more similar to my ILI mum than to his LSE grandma (and he said so upon being asked), but this might just as well mean nothing. I've read however that 9w8 is more likely to be SLI than LSE(?). The enneagram description fits very well, and I'd be more likely to retype him than doubt his enneatype tbh. Although SLI descriptions from wikisocion seem to fit better than LSE for him. I guess he could only be the Si subtype if LSE...)

All right guys - spill, what would be the differences that spring to mind when comparing LSE-Si and SLIs? (from real life - your experiences as opposed to strictly functionwise)
    and if possible - your impressions of knowing/being enneagram 9 SLIs and/or LSEs (9w8 even better lol)

edit: I've watched the interview again (with sound on, I had no way to listen to him at the time I was posting the vid) and this is pretty much how my husband interacts in his joking manner, same facial expressions. Upon rewatching two other clips I posted in that thread all I can say is that if VI means anything, then this guy is the same type as my husband - his physical looks, same facial expressions, it's ridiculous. At 3:50 in the last video you can see him smile exactly in the way that warms my heart.
    OK then - so do LSE-Si 9w8 exist or is my husband SLI?
    Last edited by aisa; 06-04-2014 at 06:59 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different temperament, energy, presence, sense of time/urgency.

Si-SLI 9w8 (or 9w1)

Si-SLI 5w4 (?)

Two legendary Si-LSEs side by side. Schwarzenegger seems 9w8, Stallone maybe 9w1 or 6w5.

Last edited by Park; 06-05-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park I can't watch this with sound on right now, but I will do tomorrow morning my initial impressions lean towards SLI>LSE but I need sound for the vids to make more sense (and will probably find some earlier vids of interviews of Stallone and Schwarzenegger)

thank you so much for sharing those vids! (how about a cp hug? )