Thread: STACKEMUP TYPOLOGY (ENNEAGRAM-SIDE) VS. R & H

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default STACKEMUP TYPOLOGY (ENNEAGRAM-SIDE) VS. R & H

In looking at the hardrive for the inner logic of each enneagram type, Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side) identifies the hard-drives as core distortions. R & H identifies the hard-drives as fear motives.

Stackemup Typology: Distortions
    R & H: Fear
    (Naranjo: Passions/vices)

In my core primer for all the gestalts, Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side) laid out the core distortions for all nine enneagram types (nobody before had been able to do so):

Type 2: "I"m not capable of validating myself."
    Type 3: "I am a superior being."
    Type 4: "I am an ugly duckling; defective."
    Type 5: "There's a gulf/separation between my mind and the physical world around me."
    Type 6: "the world is a dangerous place. i will be mistreated, duped or harmed in some way." (R & H misconceives this as an eight)
    Type 7: "God is against me. I am against God."
    Type 8: "Might makes right."
    Type 9: This point on the enneagram has no in-built distortion; the core approach is vacillation
    Type 1: "somebody must be punished for the world's imperfections and flaws."

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...26#post1308026

CANON NUMBER 1 OF TYPOLOGICAL CONSTRUCTION: YOU CANNOT HAVE TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITY STYLES WITH THE SAME CORE DISTORTION.

My approach is clearly the correct one.

R & H's descriptions in PTypes entangles multiple types into single types and represents every type as driven by fear. fear of failure (threes) fear of losing support (six) fear of, fear of....Essentially, R & H took Naranjo's Six and turned that into all nine of their enneagram types. That's the flaw in R & H's system and its a major one. For example, the R & H's three is driven by a fear of failure. So the average to below average levels of health are predicated upon the 3's contraphobic reaction to its fear of failure, until finally, it either succumbs to its fear of failure in the lowest levels or gets out of its fear loopp in the highest levels. This is the pattern for every type in R & H. THAT MAKES EVERY TYPE IN R & H A SIX...that's the major flaw in R & H's approach. R & H is fundamentally incapable of conceiving of personality type as having any other root but fear.

R & H also sold the enneagram out when they endorsed the Fauvre's Tritype (aka multiple personality disorder). Right, because it's a foregone conclusion that three different personality types cannot co-exist in the same person unless that person suffers from multiple personality disorder. Mountains of research already show that this doesn't happen absent extraordinary sexual and/or physical abuse in childhood. Until the fauvres can come forward with evidence to contradict that, the chance that everybody on the planet has multiple personality disorder is extremely low.

Just to drive the point home I can back my approach up with a 2500+ exemplars breakdown. Neither R & H nor Naranjo presented any type of systematic breakdown for every type wing and stack. If they don't have a vision for every type wing and stack, the rest is window dressing. I've also got the only valid VI typing model for all stackings. I'm beating the hell out of them in terms of substance.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol So many questions...let's see if they get answered. For starters:

1.) Whose enneagram theory most informs your system? Ichazo? Naranjo?

2.) I've seen you say that you believe enneagram describes one's fundamental nature, their hard wiring, as opposed to their nurturing, which I take to mean environmental influences. And seeing as how you also subscribe to Socionics, a theoretical model of the human psyche (including its biological under pinnings, i.e., information and energy metabolism), there must be some correlation between the two if both systems accurately describe our inherent/in born, core attributes. How have you reconciled these theories? Would you agree that there must be a connection between sociotype/individual or clustering IEs and enneagram type? For example, would you find it unlikely or impossible for an LIE to be an enneagram 4 or for an EII to be an enneagram 8?

I eagerly await your response. @Kill4Me

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you disagree with Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-Side)'s approach, please produce a 2500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack for prequalification to disagree. If your breakdown is half-way decent (though there's none except mine which is valid), I will give your point serious consideration. Otherwise a house without a foundation is deemed a castle in the sky, and I cannot be wasting my time with just a talker.

Tell you what, as a running special, I am willing to lower the price of admission to just a decent 1500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack.

In other words, back your shit up or concede. There's no shame in conceding to my superior knowledge.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stack! Em! Up!

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    If you disagree with Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-Side)'s approach, please produce a 2500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack for prequalification to disagree. If your breakdown is half-way decent (though there's none except mine which is valid), I will give your point serious consideration. Otherwise a house without a foundation is deemed a castle in the sky, and I cannot be wasting my time with just a talker.

Tell you what, as a running special, I am willing to lower the price of admission to just a decent 1500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack.

In other words, back your shit up or concede. There's no shame in conceding to my superior knowledge.
    Lol Didn't answer my questions, just like I knew you wouldn't.

I could spend all day carefully plucking dingle berries from the underside of a dog's ass and meticulously arrange them according to color, size, texture, how long they've been there and proximity to the hole but guess what? It would still be shit. Just because you've "produced" something, doesn't mean it's good/effective/accurate/useful.

There's no reason whatsoever to just assume that you know what the fuck you're talking about, particularly when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. It's pretty standard to assess theory according to its importance and significance, how internally and contextually consistent it is, how complete it is, the capacity for the theory to lead to deep understanding, whether or not it is empirically validated and verified, the practicality of its implementation, etc.... If your product can't hold up to such scrutiny, then that's just further conformation that you're some grifter-conman-charlatan hybrid.

What's the point of even making this thread if you're not to be questioned?

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    What's the point of even making this thread if you're not to be questioned?
    He could be Ne PoLR (LSI) tbh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen you PISSANTS, Stackmeup typology is the BEST there is. He's figured out every matching pair and stack and order and category and done 2 million of them perfectly.
    If you'd just learn to follow what's
    RIGHT, we could rule the World already.
    Kill4Me Army 2020!
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    He could be Ne PoLR (LSI) tbh.
    NO

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa View Post
    Listen you PISSANTS, Stackmeup typology is the BEST there is. He's figured out every matching pair and stack and order and category and done 2 million of them perfectly.
    If you'd just learn to follow what's
    RIGHT, we could rule the World already.
    Kill4Me Army 2020!
    He's beauty, He's grace, He has 2500+ fictional exemplars of the only valid breakdown of every enneagram type, wing and stack

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In Stackemup Typology (enneagram-side), fear is only part of the trait structure for type six. For R & H, fear is part of the trait/psychic structure of every type. R & H's position is absurd. Furthermore, R & H entangles multiple types into single types. Real quick, I'll own R & H on its description of type 3.

Let's turn to R & H's core primer for Type 3 found on the enneagraminstitute.com site:

Basic Fear: Of being worthless
    Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
    Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
    Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"
    Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.
    In R & H, the fear "of being worthless" drives threes to "make sure their lives are a success." According to R & H, "[Threes] want success because they are afraid of disappearing into a chasm of emptiness and worthlessness: without the increased attention and feeling of accomplishment which success usually brings, Threes fear that they are nobody and have no value."

R & H has the enneatype all wrong. FEAR IS NOT AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE TRAIT/PSYCHIC STRUCTURE OF THE TYPE THREE PERSONALITY STYLE.
    R & H has simply described a six whose central fear trait has been sublimated into/engulfed by issues regarding success-failure.

Let's turn to Stackemup Typology (Enneagram)'s core primer for Type 3:

Type 3: The Self-Confident Gestalt.
    Core Strategy: Outshining others
    Core Distortion: “I am a superior being.”
    Area of fixation: Expansion/Fantasy
    Core Action Set: putting others on notice that they are a superior being and admiration their due, that others need to be rolling out the red carpet for them.
    DSM Correlate: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Core Trap: Weaving together new fantastic rationales for their circumstances in order to recast themselves as the star.
    Core Vulnerability: disdain from others
    2 wingers are hyper-competitive, bragging, skilled at gamesmanship, and political (they know how to work and motivate people).
    4 wingers are poised, calculating, efficient and oriented towards outward self-improvement.
    In Stackemup Typology, the distortion of "I am a Superior Being" drives the three to "seek out the admiration that they believe others owe them."

Fear is no way intricate to the trait/psychic structure because 3s are not working out of a distortion that "the world is a dangerous place"(like type 6).

R & H's type 3 description also entangles multiple types. I've already demonstrated the entanglement of type six into that type and all of R & H's types.

But R & H also cannot provide a sufficient explanation for R & H's type 3 arrogance. Given that R & H's three is "pursuing the values that others reward," there's no logical explanation for how the type ends up as the most arrogant type in R & H's enneagram! The assertion of a causal relationship between these two phenomenon is nothing short of fantastical. Arrogance and contempt for others is clearly type 3, but "pursuing the values that others reward" gets into type 9. R & H tries to fill in this description hole with a pop-throwaway that "arrogance and contempt for others is a defense against feeling jealous of others and their success" but that's just a Red Herring. You could just as easily say that every type experiences arrogance and contempt for those who appear to have what they want.

In Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-Side), the 3's arrogance arises out of "their own cocksure belief of their superiority." Unlike R & H's description for type 3, Arrogance in the Stackemup 3 follows logically from the Stackemup 3's core distortion that "I am a superior being," as follows:

Three are cocky. The admiration they receive through success cements their own cocksure belief of their superiority. They start to give others the impression that it's a pleasure to do business with the three as if others ought to be willing to take less just to have that luxury. Their former self-confidence is replaced by arrogance. They have begun to rationalize their failures. They spend a lot of time making their failures seem like successes.

My description makes sense....it just has a ring of truth to it. R & H's description for type 3 sloppily combines E6 (fear trait), E3 (Arrogance), and E9 (merging with others' agenda) into one type description.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let's turn to R & H's core primer for Type 2 found on the enneagraminstitute.com site:

Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
    Basic Desire: To feel loved
    Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
    Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess"
    In R & H, the fear "of being unwanted, unworthy of love" drives twos to "going out of their way for others" and "always putting others first." According to R & H, twos behavior is grounded in an underlying "fear of worthlessness."

R & H has the enneatype all wrong. FEAR IS NOT AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE TRAIT/PSYCHIC STRUCTURE OF THE TYPE TWO PERSONALITY STYLE.
    R & H has simply described a six whose central fear trait has been sublimated into/engulfed by issues regarding love and worth.

Let's turn to Stackemup Typology (Enneagram)'s core primer for Type 2:

Type 2: The Seductive Gestalt
    Core Strategy: Winning people over
    Core Distortion: “I am not capable of validating myself.”
    Area of fixation: Manipulation
    Core Action Set: adapting themselves to others in the anticipation that they will be rejected if they do not and approaching interpersonal relations through “maneuvers.”
    DSM Correlate: Histrionic Personality Disorder
    Core trap: encroaching on people’s boundaries and trying to coerce them into doing things that will make the two feel validated.
    Core Vulnerability: Rejection; indifference.
    1 wingers are altruistic, serious, argumentative and often outspoken. 3 wingers are charming, fickle, and clingy.
    In Stackemup Typology (enneagram-side), the distortion that "I am not capable of validating myself" drives the twos to "adapt themselves to others in the anticipation that they will be rejected and approach interpersonal relations through 'maneuvers'....designed to elicit love, attention and approval."

Fear is no way intricate to the trait/psychic structure because 2s are not working out of a distortion that "the world is a dangerous place" (like type 6).

Stackemup Typology is the first of the enneagram schools of thought to account for each type through distortions. My approach is superior to R & H's approach. If any future enneagram teachers or authors talk about personality style in terms of being grounded in distortions, they need to be crediting Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side). Just because I am not presenting with a published book doesn't mean I don't know better than R & H. People that write books are usually not the people who have the most knowledge on the subject matter they are writing the books about. However, my 3000+ exemplars for every type wing and stack which is conceptually, structurally, logically flawless sets forth the only valid breakdown for every type wing and stack. Furthermore, my list shows that a structurally, conceptually logically flawless breakdown for every type wing and stack can be achieved without the need for tritype, as in, there was never a problem in the first place that required a concept like tritype (aka multiple personality disorder) to solve.

Neither R & H nor the Fauvres have been able to back their ideas about the types up with a massive list. But we know that, after Stackemup Typology introduced its approach of typing by gestalts, Katherine Fauvre began to advocate for using gestalts to type enneagram with -- a clear break from the fauvres' past advocacy of typing by microexpressions. I believe that its pretty obvious she got typing by gestalt from me. [She reads a couple of the forums Stackemup Typology has a big presence in.] Remember, STACKEMUP TYPOLOGY (ENNEAGRAM-SIDE) was talking about typing by gestalts long before the Fauvres or R & H and not only did I lay out the gestalt of each enneagram type and wing, but I defined all aspects of the gestalt, including core action sets and backed it all up with a 3000+ exemplars list.

https://stackemup.livejournal.com/
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 05-16-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My approach is superior to R & H's approach.

Type 3: "I am a superior being."
    hmm