Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intertype Relations in Movies and Video Clips

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    ILE/ESI

parkinson doesn't seem like an ile. i get a pretty strong sf impression.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI (Hoult) - IEE (Ross)

Last edited by suedehead; 07-04-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this look like a case of supervision?

Does the first half of this video look like a case of supervision relations playing out between Kaitlin and her mother, with Kaitlin being the supervisee and the mother the supervisor?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that was hard to watch. I am not sure that you can type a relationship when a person is that unhealthy. I think the mom is an EII or ESI. I watched it for 15 minutes. Why would you take this problem to Dr. Phil? I don't think the mom wants that behavior and Dr. Phil is a jerk to suggest that she likes her role. How awful that he is calling the mom selfish. She is trying to handle the situation as best she can. Maybe the mom enables the behavior because she can't think of anything else to do, but she should not be called selfish. Ugh.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It does look like supervision unfolding @ 5-10 min.
    My guesses for the types involved: mom LSE 7, Kaitlin SEI 4w3, step-dad LSI, step-sister ESE.

Though there's something else that's likely aggravating this situation: this girl is the only irrational in a family of rational types. It's likely they demand that she maintains more structure to her life than is native to her. And when she doesn't keep up with it (gets up late, doesn't clean her room, etc.) her mom reinforces with her that this isn't 'normal', that she would be unable to function as an adult, that she needs a 'caretaker', thereby undermining her own self-confidence and belief that she can make it out on her own. On her part it looks like she has surrendered to this rational view that prevails in her family and persuaded herself that this is how she should be, the she has to 'live up' to these expectations else she's inadequate. But since she cannot keep up with this imposed organization, it only demoralizes and disconcerts her.

Though the way she is reacting to this situation has a lot more to do with her enneagram type as 4w3, which becomes evident 10+ minutes into the show. From Kaitlin's own words, the underlying impulse is a feeling of competitive envy which she realizes by using emotional hypersensitivity as a tool to draw attention away from others to herself and her problems, effectively making her 'problem' be at the center of the attention of the family. Throwing tantrums and acting over-sensitive to anything other members of her family say is a way for her to satisfy that e4 envy.

Kaitlin : "On my sister's wedding day I think some people should pay attention to me, because it's hard for me to watch her walk down the isle when I should have done it first."
    Her step-sister : "When I am around Kaity, I'm afraid to say what I want to say because I don't know how she will react. ... On my wedding way I'm afraid that Kaity might start screaming, or yelling, or hysterically bawling."

These are all of the signs of a low-to-average health level Four: "Manipulate others by being temperamental and hyper-sensitive, forcing others to treat them with sensitivity and respect. Shadow Issue of Envy arises when Fours observe the happiness and success of others." - http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/levels.html.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It does look like supervision unfolding @ 5-10 min.
    My guesses for the types involved: mom LSE 7, Kaitlin SEI 4w3, step-dad LSI, step-sister ESE.

Though there's something else that's likely aggravating this situation: this girl is the only irrational in a family of rational types. It's likely they demand that she maintains more structure to her life than is native to her. And when she doesn't keep up with it (gets up late, doesn't clean her room, etc.) her mom reinforces with her that this isn't 'normal', that she would be unable to function as an adult, that she needs a 'caretaker', thereby undermining her own self-confidence and belief that she can make it out on her own. On her part it looks like she has surrendered to this rational view that prevails in her family and persuaded herself that this is how she should be, the she has to 'live up' to these expectations else she's inadequate. But since she cannot keep up with this imposed organization, it only demoralizes and disconcerts her.

Though the way she is reacting to this situation has a lot more to do with her enneagram type as 4w3, which becomes evident 10+ minutes into the show. From Kaitlin's own words, the underlying impulse is a feeling of competitive envy which she realizes by using emotional hypersensitivity as a tool to draw attention away from others to herself and her problems, effectively making her 'problem' be at the center of the attention of the family. Throwing tantrums and acting over-sensitive to anything other members of her family say is a way for her to satisfy that e4 envy.

Kaitlin : "On my sister's wedding day I think some people should pay attention to me, because it's hard for me to watch her walk down the isle when I should have done it first."
    Her step-sister : "When I am around Kaity, I'm afraid to say what I want to say because I don't know how she will react. ... On my wedding way I'm afraid that Kaity might start screaming, or yelling, or hysterically bawling."

These are all of the signs of a low-to-average health level Four: "Manipulate others by being temperamental and hyper-sensitive, forcing others to treat them with sensitivity and respect. Shadow Issue of Envy arises when Fours observe the happiness and success of others." - http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/levels.html.
    Hi @silke I appreciate your thorough feedback on this clip from Dr Phil, all of your comments were interesting and made sense.

I am recieving similar feedback that the mother is giving Kaitlin from a family member where I am often told that I am not 'normal' and that I need to 'hibernate less/go out more' to be functioning correctly which makes me in turn think that the person is never 'happy' with me.
    Does anyone think this sound like just a case of intoversion vs extroversion or maybe supervision?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Hi @silke I appreciate your thorough feedback on this clip from Dr Phil, all of your comments were interesting and made sense.

I am recieving similar feedback that the mother is giving Kaitlin from a family member where I am often told that I am not 'normal' and that I need to 'hibernate less/go out more' to be functioning correctly which makes me in turn think that the person is never 'happy' with me.
    Does anyone think this sound like just a case of intoversion vs extroversion or maybe supervision?
    Thanks for posting the video, it was interesting to interpret it. It could be an instance of your extroverted supervisor trying to drag you out, but without additional information it's difficult to tell. Does this person attempt to give you any other feedback besides trying to make you more outgoing?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Thanks for posting the video, it was interesting to interpret it. It could be an instance of your extroverted supervisor trying to drag you out, but without additional information it's difficult to tell. Does this person attempt to give you any other feedback besides trying to make you more outgoing?
    The feedback which I tend to recieve from the person in question is that I don't support her in the area of decisions she makes.
    Personally I think that I do try to support her even if I do doubt the thoughts or wisdom behind some of the desicions but really I am not sure what she is after from me and it seems that I can never please her.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Semi-duality -- ILI (E1?) - SLE (E6?); Activity -- SEI (E9) - LII (E5/6)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another case of suspected supervision in my life has me always recieving feedback on how I am so intelligent/smart/insightful etc. The person desired me to be more involved socially with church relations etc and always pressured me to visit relatives and friends more, saying such things as I was a bad christian etc when I didn't want to and basically would carry on until they got thier way.

This person is also a family member but the relationship is far superior to the other mentioned in the post above.
    Last edited by Hays; 11-18-2014 at 07:38 PM.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE supervising an SLI

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI - EII benefit?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Conflictors:
    McMurphy...ESTp
    Nurse Ratched...INFj 1w2 so/sp

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti 8w7 sx/so & SEI 9w1 sx/so hahahaha

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

^Ugh, embarrassed to admit I watched that show. The little drunk loud mouth chick is Fi valuing. The tall chick with the blonde and pink wig, that stepped in, seems like the only SLE in that clip and she was the one to watch out for since she didn't just run her mouth. She took action. I think Lelene (sp?) was some kind of beta NF.

My aunt was Nurse Ratched in every way. I have considered ESI and EII for her 1w2 and that stacking definitely suited her.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the movie The Loneliest Planet centers around two supervision relationships.

The main characters are LIE (female lead) and IEI (male lead), and then the guide (center of the second image) who later has a thing for the female lead, is SLI.

So.. LIE - IEI and later SLI - LIE.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Duals
    Tyler Durden....SLE-Ti 8w7-5w4-4w5 sx/so
    Jack...IEI-Ni 3w4-6w5-9w1 sp/so

"don't deal with it the way those dead people do!"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Le Chef (2012)

On netflix nao. A comedy that features a supervisory coworker relationship between LSI and ILE. The taller one being the LSI.

LeChef_A4poster.jpg
    le_chef.jpg
    le-chef-3.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII - IEE supervision ~~~~~~~~~~

Tall guy being LII and shorter guy being IEE I think.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- The Inbetweeners -

Award-winning British comedy/sitcom. On netflix and youtube. Being about a group of comprehensive school lads, it is very nsfw though.

Anyway: xNTx researcher club cast.

In the picture, from left to right:
    ILI - LII - ILE - LIE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this has been said before, but I think Sam and Dean from Supernatural are good examples of conflictors. SLE/EII

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It feels like this forum is lacking in nakedness, so here it is.

Naked and Afraid Season 4 Episode 1
    Ryan Holt (Te-LSE 6) and Amber Hargrove (Fe-SEI 1w2) - some LSE-SEI supervision happening @20:30

Season 4 Episode 4
    Zack Buck (Te-LIE 1w2) and Afften DeShazer (Fe-EIE?)

Season 4 Episode 5
    Trenton Harper (Te-SLI) and Jennifer Cochran (Ne-ILE)

Season 4 Episode 7
    Charlie Frattini (LSE 8w7) and Danielle Beauchemin (Ti-LSI 1w2)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is pretty fringe but there is a movie series (made by ILE) that makes parody of IEI (slacker) and LIE (millionaire) family relation via LIE's daughters marriage. In the end of every movie the LIE looses a million.
    It is called Uuno Turhapuro (a person whose name roughly translates to Fool Redundantflow).

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by may View Post
    LII - IEE supervision ~~~~~~~~~~

Tall guy being LII and shorter guy being IEE I think.

College humour guy? Yeah ILE-LII.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    SEI - EII benefit?

Jeffery Wright plays a lot of classical logical characters. Pulls it off well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123