Post 16types Adventures Official Naming Thread

Official Name Candidates List:
    Dechxicle
    Dechxaga
    Dechxiga
    Dechxa
    Akliash Adventures
    When Ideas Collide: The 16 Half-Heroes of Akliash
    Last edited by Metamorph; 01-21-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's no poll

"Dechxiga" for me

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    there's no poll

"Dechxiga" for me
    I'm going to host a poll externally once we're certain of the suggestions. I don't want to host a poll and have almost all the answers be "other. " Anyways, we're not doing this purely democratically. Most people here haven't worked on 16TA and shouldn't get equal input.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

are we making our own language or something?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sithis View Post
    are we making our own language or something?
    Actually I was kind of making outlines of languages from the snippets of words other people made since I'm interested in linguistics and the only reason I don't study it in school is the three most popular linguistics authors are hacks and thus the wrong kinds of people are drawn to linguistics programs (think actual Social Justice Nazis, people who think the Enlightenment is oppressive and spurn the scientific method while advocating ideologies based on Aryan conquerors and trying to make sure American Indians aren't linguistically oppressed by teaching them how to write and speak in their own mother tongue like Avatar on meth, and also claiming Grammar Nazis advocate actual Nazism for telling people to say "20 items or fewer" instead of "...or less" despite their literal advocacy of Aryanism and irrationalism in a "scientific" discipline. It's a hot mess.)

However, the name doesn't have to be in one of the main languages. The only real words we have so far are @Grendel's story/universe names of Dechxicle, Dechxaga, and Dechxiga (last one slightly modified by me,) @BandD's planet names Akliash and Straightga, and my gods and monsters Fungle, Stz'yghxon, and Spynnor.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Stz'yghxon isn't Wheel of Time-speak but an actual phonemic approximation. Some of the alien words already have ejectives and pharyngeals like some sort of Caucasian language. Also y is usually the tense or lax ü vowel when I use it in fantastical words, but at least I let aliens use approximant Rs like in English and Mandarin because if the most popular languages on Earth have them we don't need aliens to unanimously roll their Rs except in actual alien Spanish where it makes a difference. Have fun.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't mind dechxiga but it's a little hard to remember (and type).... could we perhaps make it a bit more normie/basic bitch friendly?

Xiga Adventures: Rise of the Prions ?

then future expansion packs could be something like

"Xiga Adventures: Nightmares Unleashed"

or whatever.

Can Xiga be a shortened/less formal version of Dechxiga like 'black person' vs African American and 'coke' vs carbonated soft drink?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I don't mind dechxiga but it's a little hard to remember (and type).... could we perhaps make it a bit more normie/basic bitch friendly?

Xiga Adventures: Rise of the Prions ?

then future expansion packs could be something like

"Xiga Adventures: Nightmares Unleashed"

or whatever.

Can Xiga be a shortened/less formal version of Dechxiga like 'black person' vs African American and 'coke' vs carbonated soft drink?
    "Dechxa?" Up to the fifth letter is the important part because it's the truncation of "decahexa," and when you lose that, it sort of stops meaning something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dechxiga or Dechxa. I keep mistying Dechxiga as Dechixga but I guess over time I would get used to it lol. Does it have to be just 'Dechxiga' or can we make the title a little longer?
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 01-22-2020 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Dechxiga or Dechxa. I keep mistying Dechxiga as Dechixga but I guess over time I would get used to it lol. Does it have to be just 'Dechxiga' or can we make the title a little longer?
    I'm not opposed to including more. Just hoping our cool edgy word does get used.