Thread: Want confirmation of type

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Want confirmation of type

I'm still uncertain as to my type, but I'm pretty certain I'm IEI. If not, what am I?

Sorry for the large picture, and the lack of data. Don't know how to make spoilers, and I have to go right now. I will be back.

For a cursory bit of info about myself, I'm enneagram 5w6 so. Very human slant to it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One picture will not do. Need another one fron the side
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look logical to me but yeah more pictures would help.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Give me an "N", give an "i", give me an "F", give me an "e"!

I don't know about type but I will cheer you on. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-07-2015 at 10:00 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    You look logical to me but yeah more pictures would help.
    Hmm, he may look it but this sounded illogical to me.

I'm still uncertain as to my type, but I'm pretty certain I'm IEI.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Creepy-male

VI isn't consistent enough to boil down a type based on one pic and no extensive background info about yourself. That being said: IEI or ILI was my impression before I read your self-typing.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew one picture wouldn't cut it, but it did narrow it down right? I didn't have the means to post another one, but now I have the means for many. Post bombard incoming.

Oh, and I know IN. Anybody who knows me knows IN. Even if they don't know socionics. Even if they don't know MBTI. It could be argued INXp is what they see. I told you 5w6, I mean 5w6 in caps, although that wouldn't work. My choice of subject for such is quite odd though.

Now for my pictures. I made myself laugh taking these because of how rarely I express my emotions so.
    Oh, and do know, I wasn't in the most best of moods during the other picture. It is an old photo. (Annotation at the top)
    image.jpg
    Someone asked for a profile. I am cheating, but meh.
    image.jpg
    Classic me, staged, obviously.
    image.jpg
    This one I found very funny. Probably because of how distant this look is to how I actually am.
    image.jpg
    Pretty much all of my expressions are staged, and the one in the first post is me not creating a face.

But yeah, I already know my type, just had trouble fitting it to a definition. Figured this would assuage my doubts about my ability to fit myself to a definition.

Why are these upside down? In the editor they are right side up. Just turn your computer upsidown, that'll fix it. Or use your phone.

Oh yeah. I cannot emphasise enough the amount I know about myself. Pretty much to the point where this is me testing your ability to type people based upon visual cues.

Oh, and a lot of the pictures were the same face as the first one, so I'm not posting those.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 01-07-2015 at 10:08 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    But yeah, I already know my type, just had trouble fitting it to a definition. Figured this would assuage my doubts about my ability to fit myself to a definition.

Why are these upsidown? In the editor they are right side up. Just turn your computer upsidown, that'll fix it. Or use your phone.
    Clever trickery! There are some types who might be distracted by auto-rotate for hours!

Oh yeah. I cannot emphasise enough the amount I know about myself.
    Cool, I feel the same about myself. Sometimes external validation feels nice though.

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I don't know is why I'm in a silly mood.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The one thing I don't know is why I'm in a silly mood.
    It's contagious...

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is my type obvious?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

vietnam vet, subtype no legs

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoop! I'm plastic!

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could believe some IXXp and not-so-last at a glance. You sound very calculated in your production of these photos.
    Last edited by Galen; 01-08-2015 at 04:06 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'm still uncertain as to my type, but I'm pretty certain I'm IEI. If not, what am I?
    To make this logically sound, you could say, "I'm still uncertain as to my type but I'm pretty certain I am an Ni valuer."

Now proceed to wow with Ni?

Anyway, how would you explain your base function being Ni and how do you filter your perception through it? Make it concise if possible. You remind me of another forum member, "Triflingsomethingorother", for some reason. I never saw a pic of him but you have a similar energy. I don't even remember his type but he was amusing at times. I wonder what happened to him.

Enneagram Type 5:
    Observer, Investigator, Thinker, Sage or Voyeur
    Virtue

Your greatest strengths are your clear objectivity, your instinct and your penetrating insight that is unfettered by emotions. You have an innate ability to gather information and create systems to assess and categorize data in a clear and concise manner. Mentally astute, you are able to observe, study and track even the smallest details, often developing expertise in many areas. Underneath your shyness and reserve, you are a kindhearted and giving person. You are also very loyal to and supportive of those you trust.
    http://www.enneagram.net/type5.html

In what way do you identify as a type 5?

This isn't the inquisition. I am just curious.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Whoop! I'm plastic!

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yippie! For some reason, I still remain unconvinced. :'/

Oh, and the one who is always censored with *s is most likely INFp then, as I relate to him a bunch. Probably also that guy who shot the other guy by accident, Dick Cheney. He looks the same. Sounds like the kind of dumb thing I'd do anyways. (Never intentionally, always by accident (I believe that he was drinking now). Well, you know, I don't know how Dick did that, especially if he's like me. I'm practically harmless. Never mind that statement. I don't know what I'm capable of.)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne type or NiFe (Ni subtype perhaps..?). Who else could have come up with the rather original idea about the extra pics?

E5 is very, very hard to spot in what you do and you say (so far.). E 6 is possible, so/sx or sp/so.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that. Yeah, I haven't been very scientific lately in my words. I am very scientific. I compare myself to Descartes, although now I have most of the answers. I learn tons every day, and yeah. I know another INFp, and he's whimsical like I, but he's a lot more insecure. Tons more insecure. I've typed him as a 6w5, and if it means I'm like him, then NO. A list of my passions:

Music theory.
    Socionics.
    Poetry. (Ok, one poem.)
    Computer gaming. I litterally buy games to learn how to play them.
    The internet. This day and age is beautiful for a 5.
    Listening to music. I analyze it for mood.
    Oh, and the big giant ones, military tactics and political theory.
    I'd like to get to be as knowledgable as Clausewitz and Otto Von Bismarck.

I've tried learning code, but my feelings got in the way. Coding tires me out, so if I want to do any large scale stuff, I'd need to do it in a program of some sort to make it easier.

Oh, and I'm going to latter post questions about things like the political affiliation of Betas (left vs. right, authoritarian vs anarchist, butter on the bottom of your bread vs butter on the top. Hrrm. You know what, where are all the IEIs in government? I'm curious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE looks good
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm likely not SLE. I know several SLEs. No.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, welcome. Mby you are INFp. You look spaced out , lost in thought.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. That is I most of the time. Don't speak to many people normally. The person in the video example for INFp looked quite less with it than I am though. If you know what I mean. She was probably tired. It looked dark in that room, which probably means it was night or the morning.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of a former forum member called Jinxi, but I guess you're not as insane. He was probably IEI, and though I'm not an enneagramist, 6w5 might describe him.

That said, you seem a little "infantile," but you literally appear very young. You're looking IP temperament (lax / inert), you seem -ish (unfocused, floaty), and I don't see a lot of Te or Si coming across from you at this point.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    You remind me of a former forum member called Jinxi, but I guess you're not as insane. He was probably IEI, and though I'm not an enneagramist, 6w5 might describe him.
    hmm, Jinxi did cross my mind. Both of these guys have 5 somewhere in their type/wing combo. Alomoes doesn't strike me as E5 though, I can't imagine a 5 wanting to test other people's understanding of his own type like this unless he was legitimately unsure of his type. Seems like much more of a shady attempt by an E6 to feel intellectually superior to others. So 6w5 could be right.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    One picture will not do. Need another one fron the side
    be careful, she'll want one of your skull.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am legitimately unsure of my own type, it is slightly ambiguous, and that gnawing doubt causes me to question it. I am in a room of beta introverts though, and it is interesting. We're all off to our corners. Also, being fairly young in comparison to most people, I must say that yeah. But I am nowhere near infantile. I hate being called childish, as that implies you think my ideas are worthless. Same with being ignored. A simple thing, but if subjected to an insensitive group for long enough, it gets aggravating. Has to do with my narcissism, along with the amount of effort I put into my thoughts. How would you feel if days of work that culminated into one sentence was simply ignored.

Also, fairly certain that any 4w5 INFps are wrong. I haven't put in the research effort yet to confirm this though. And if you want an X-Ray, find me in person and ask. Anything for science. Anything.

Edit: actually, my friend is a 4 INFp, now that you think of it. Unless he's an ENFj. Still no idea.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-doesn't read any comments-
    IEI

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also, fairly certain that any 4w5 INFps are wrong.
    I'm fairly certain you're wrong

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I am nowhere near infantile. I hate being called childish, as that implies you think my ideas are worthless.
    Since I used the word infantile, I wanna make sure you know it has to do with the erotic attitudes and is just another way of saying Ne + Ti or Ne + Fi in the ego block.

ETA: thanks @Esaman for pointing out an error I'd made.
    Last edited by golden; 01-10-2015 at 02:14 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Also, fairly certain that any 4w5 INFps are wrong. I haven't put in the research effort yet to confirm this though.
    Sweeping Generalisation Fallacy
    Explanation
    A sweeping generalisation applies a general statement too broadly. If one takes a general rule, and applies it to a case to which, due to the specific features of the case, the rule does not apply, then one commits the sweeping generalisation fallacy. This fallacy is the reverse of a hasty generalisation, which infers a general rule from a specific case.
    Hasty Generalisation Fallacy
    Explanation
    A hasty generalisation draws a general rule from a single, perhaps atypical, case. It is the reverse of a sweeping generalisation.
    A sweeping generalization is when someone assumes something where it does not apply. Try not to get this confused with hasty generalization. Most generalizations are not universal; they have exceptions. They do not apply to everything. To ignore this fact is to commit a logical fallacy.
    @GOLDEN I think That "triflingxxxxxxx" person I mentioned may have turned out to be the same person you are talking about. Now I remember he was banned and that there was a thread about it somewhere.

I also felt a similarity in their energy even though I was not here when Jinxi was (under that username).

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @GOLDEN I think That "triflingxxxxxxx" person I mentioned may have turned out to be the same person you are talking about. Now I remember he was banned and that there was a thread about it somewhere.

I also felt a similarity in their energy even though I was not here when Jinxi was (under that username).
    Inneresting that three of us noticed the similarity, hm.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post

That said, you seem a little "infantile"
    I was struck with the same thought -infantile- when I saw the picture.

There has been some discussion on the forum as to whether it is appropriate to refer to someone as infantile, caregiver, etc outside of the context of erotic styles. But for some reason, certain types of caregivers are easy for me to identify with VI alone, and also certain infantiles.
    Last edited by Iris; 01-10-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

they sayin you look like you can't take care of yourself, bruh.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    they sayin you look like you can't take care of yourself, bruh.
    Oh Olly......
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So. What was the quadra that thinks betas can't take care of themselves? Delta. I'm pretty much asking for this though, with my lack of care towards my personal appearance.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So. What was the quadra that thinks betas can't take care of themselves? Delta. I'm pretty much asking for this though, with my lack of care towards my personal appearance.
    Oh, never heard that's how Deltas felt. Maybe think we're reckless.

It's like the nature of infantiles suggests a lack of taking care of themselves often (more so base), not that they must consciously think "I need someone to take care of me, wahwah" but your dual or caregiver will notice you severely lacking in that area which is life to them, so they may feel it's upon them to supply you with it. Intuitives in general may neglect taking care of themselves and their senses but egos are not as receptive to caregiving as infantiles are, more like they live outside of that realm and aren't interested and may find caregivers kinda insulting or bothersome so that may be why IEIs may develop their role, so people get off their case or consciously hide their weakness with more, as it's truly more obvious with base.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in theory it would be the same with an unmatched ESTp. Hrrm. But yeah. I will research anything and everything given enough time, such is my 5w6ness I implore I am. That 6w5ness was just me probing the forum. It is complicated. I had to research everything I saw, but the amount of data that was foreign to myself caused me to go be 6w5 nhilism. I prefer 5w6 inactive observer as a label. Remember, anything for science. The 6w5 will get banned for TMI. The 5w6 will not provide enough, expecting others to research as well. Those that don't get 6w5.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like typing based on a couple pictures and with the limited information you have provided, but you strike me as a Ni base. You seem quite invested in shaping or controlling the version of yourself that you share here. This cagey behavior is something I have come to associate with Ni base after reading Reinin's book on the subject. In it he describes Ni as being related to the internal wholeness or integrity. He says that Ni bases know themselves deeply and simply always present whatever version of their conciousness/selves is applicable for the situation. This becomes complicated when interacting in a large group or in an internet forum for example, as you cannot properly identify your interlocutor so you cannot figure out which version of yourself to present. Combining this with your tendency towards personalized structural analytics, as seen in the post directly above, makes me believe that IEI is the most likely possibility.

I will tentatively say that I believe that you are IEI or at least Ni base. A video would help of course.
    Last edited by Rhaegar; 01-11-2015 at 03:54 PM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I could do that, but latter. Not now. Just noticed the fallacies thing. I am emphasizing the lack of research I did when I said. Obviously there would be a time would be an exception, but generally, I thought that IEIs would be 6s not 4s, because I haven't met any 4w5 IEIs. Then again, they could exist right in front of me, and I might not notice.