Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mrrrmaid Video Typing + some questionnaire answers!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Ah that makes sense.

He could've been overly perfectionistic doing the tasks.

As for the last part: maybe his brain needed way more processing to be able to get somewhere. I don't like to just call people's stuff "complaining for the sake of complaining", though sure it can look a lot like that sometimes.

One more quick q: do you have examples of what "inane rules and categories" he had that you tried to pick apart? How did he react lool. Like I said, I know this IEE that keeps going against LSI stuff, he doesn't usually pick on anything concretely for me but it happened before, it was mildly annoying lol. If you have examples of how you expressed these criticisms, I could see if it's anything similar to that IEE. To add to your typing stuff.
    So a good example for me is that he would categorise different drugs (and by extension, drug users) but in ways that didn't make sense to me. To me, individual drugs are all their own thing and if you were to categorise them you could maybe do fun vs. not fun, or party drug vs. sit at home drug but really they're all different. But he would talk about them as though there were objectively good and bad drugs and I don't mean like weed vs. heroin but drugs that were similar to each other like weed (good) vs. tobacco (bad) or mushrooms (good) vs. acid (bad). And it was never "I prefer x to y" like I might say but "x is morally objectionable but y is fine". And he could explain why and to other people they seemed to understand what he saying but to me it just seemed like he was talking really unobjectively but acting like he had access to objective knowledge about the innate goodness and badness of different drugs. Or I just couldn't understand his reasoning and it all just seemed inane? Like why couldn't he just say he liked one and not the other? How could he use some illegal drugs but then judge people for using the ones he didn't like? Isn't that just personal preference (assuming all other things are equal - as in its recreational drug use, not addiction and no one is getting hurt)?

I think my dad is LII and idk if this is a good example of Ti or just personal habits but he also has rules for how things around the house should function that I find a waste of time. So certain knives are for certain things (and again, not this is a fruit knife vs a meat knife, but this knife is for meat X whereas this one is for meat Y). The round baking tray is for pies only, clothes pegs should be matching, there is a general order to the day of when things should be done etc. whereas I'm more inclined to just do what's easiest rather than follow an order or system. Both Dad and bf like an orderliness about their lives that doesn't suit my more sporadic approach.

How I would pick them a part would depend on my mood looool. Most of the time if I hear their reasoning for their system I'll see minor benefit to what they do but not enough to justify going out of your way to make it happen. And will usually say that like "have you considered not doing that" or "is it really that important". In more annoying cases I'd say something like "you're just trying to rationalise personal biases" (as in the drug case) or "this is a waste of time and stupid". In my worst behaved moods I don't say anything and just flaunt not following the system hahaha. Like my dad kept telling me off for not matching pegs so I not only carried on not doing it but also took a picture and sent it to him so he knew I was ignoring it. Another example is the time in the video where my bf's rules got trashed by someone else and I happily joined in. There's a great satisfaction in seeing chaos prevail over order
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ in addition to the last bit I thought of an episode of star trek where they go to a planet of AI (? I think?) who are really logical and ordered and they defeat them by behaving in a way that's completely illogical and the beings on the planet can't understand them and thus explode. Chekov starts doing star jumps and they can't understand why he would do that. That's how I behave when I'm being really immature lmao.

@golden I guess I trusted him that it was an old relationship that was platonic now? The favourite bf I mentioned in the video and I are still friends and I probably wouldn't go as his date anywhere but would still hang out with him every so often. I think if he was consistently seeing her I'd have a problem or if I thought they were trying to get back together. If he'd asked me I would have said yes. So the disrespect imo was his lack of consideration for my feelings. I didn't confront him at all because my first inclination was against being the crazy girlfriend, since I didn't actually have a problem with the act itself and didn't want to prove his defensiveness right. I guess I thought that if I was the cool girl he would not feel so defensive next time? But then I realised his previous girlfriends probably weren't that crazy until he behaved like this and made them crazy and I should definitely have challenged him.

I guess I knew he was the sort of guy who would never cheat because I was the 'other girl' to his previous relationship and he never attempted crossed the line with me. This could be another example of him rationalising stuff in a way I think is bullshit. So he wouldn't cheat because that's not honourable but he conveniently ignored the blurry bit in between faithfulness and unfaithfulness where you talk to other girls and go to weddings with them. All of these acts come under 'not cheating' and therefore fine whereas more mature / sensitive people recognise it's not that black and white
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps consider ESI for the bf (the weak Te and Ni would fit this,) or perhaps some other type. That's not really how strong Ti works.

(In reference to post #100)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    ^ in addition to the last bit I thought of an episode of star trek where they go to a planet of AI (? I think?) who are really logical and ordered and they defeat them by behaving in a way that's completely illogical and the beings on the planet can't understand them and thus explode. Chekov starts doing star jumps and they can't understand why he would do that. That's how I behave when I'm being really immature lmao.

@golden I guess I trusted him that it was an old relationship that was platonic now? The favourite bf I mentioned in the video and I are still friends and I probably wouldn't go as his date anywhere but would still hang out with him every so often. I think if he was consistently seeing her I'd have a problem or if I thought they were trying to get back together. If he'd asked me I would have said yes. So the disrespect imo was his lack of consideration for my feelings. I didn't confront him at all because my first inclination was against being the crazy girlfriend, since I didn't actually have a problem with the act itself and didn't want to prove his defensiveness right. I guess I thought that if I was the cool girl he would not feel so defensive next time? But then I realised his previous girlfriends probably weren't that crazy until he behaved like this and made them crazy and I should definitely have challenged him.

I guess I knew he was the sort of guy who would never cheat because I was the 'other girl' to his previous relationship and he never attempted crossed the line with me. This could be another example of him rationalising stuff in a way I think is bullshit. So he wouldn't cheat because that's not honourable but he conveniently ignored the blurry bit in between faithfulness and unfaithfulness where you talk to other girls and go to weddings with them. All of these acts come under 'not cheating' and therefore fine whereas more mature / sensitive people recognise it's not that black and white
    I do think I understood your point of view on the ex-gf date, like, I get it. It’s just the kind of thing that I find can create a big mess for someone like my husband because he doesn’t see all the intricacies and implications of how it can play out relationally and as a social statement. Imo that kind of soft-boundary, very open-minded way of approaching relations will cause him trouble he can’t easily anticipate. An ex is an ex. Be polite, be practical, the end. No need to reinvent.

It’s not exactly about cheating, from my perspective.

To make this about socionics, it seems like your values are coming from a pretty different place ... and that can be relevant to your self-typing.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Perhaps consider ESI for the bf (the weak Te and Ni would fit this,) or perhaps some other type. That's not really how strong Ti works.

(In reference to post #100)
    yeah I could see ESI in terms of a lot of his moral absolutism and righteousness. There are two things I have against that though - one is the fact that the person who set us up was LIE and he was very scathing of bf and hoped my balancing him out would make him more bearable. They were friends but there was a lot of tension and communication didn't flow very well between them - so I don't think they are duals (could be I mistyped the LIE but he seems pretty stereotypical). The other is that bf wasn't very in touch with his emotions or his relations to other people. He often wandered if / how / why relationships had shifted without any understanding of the change at all (LIE didn't like him, was very clear about his dislike, bf would not pick up on this and was confused as to why the friendship wasn't working). See also above about how he isn't very aware emotionally around his girlfriends and has little understanding of why his relationships fail.

I am new to socionics so I could have been describing something that I saw as inane that isn't exactly related to Ti rather than giving a solid example of him being Ti ego. I would let you VI him but since I've already dragged him through the mud for the last 5 posts or so it might be a bit too far to post a picture on a public forum as well haha. But yeah, given that his type is unclear and the only information anyone has on him comes from this extremely biased source I'll leave him out of my self-typing
    @golden
    Actually yes, I see what you mean. He also didn't really see the intricacies or the statement being made and probably could have done with me pointing that out to him. I guess that's me being good at spotting emotional intricacies and assuming the social map is easy to navigate and therefore I could trust him to stay out of trouble. But given his track record he definitely blindly walked into trouble quite often. I'll keep this in mind for the future
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mrrrmaid what I’m saying is that you and I both see the problems but have different responses that, predicated on the realness of socionics, would possibly be more appropriate for and protective of different kinds of people.

Therefore maybe there is no problem with your response, and the question in my mind is, what kind of person would benefit from your more open-minded response?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You have a warmth and an energy that I associate with ENFxs. I haven't watched the whole video, merely sat through a few seconds of it so please take this not as a typing conclusion but rather as an observation .
    I am exhausted, had an exam today. I'll come back to the video and offer more info then. I think--
    But keep in mind that i'm as good as typing people as I am at quantum physics (spoiler: I can't even do basic physics)

By the way, you are adorable and totally rock the bracers look
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You guys’s stories are funny. My LSI husband had an IEE girlfriend for a few months before we met and had a similar issue to what @Myst describes. He showed me a couple of her last emails, hope that doesn’t sound mean ... he was still confused by what happened.
    Lol glad it's funny. I was definitely very confused too, so I had a really extensive session of analysing like mad. Then I got lucky and figured it out fast enough (thank the Beta NFs for extra input hey).

They were about things they still needed to do and questions about how he wanted to handle things like a toaster he had happened to buy her when hers broke, the kind of thing he would never think twice about. But mostly the tone was sort of like they hadn’t broken up. It had worried him.
    Yeah that might be the Irrationality... regarding the less than regulated tone.

The blurry bit is where I meant he did not manage to define clear boundaries so he got defensive yeah even if he did not have cheating intentions I suppose.

I agree also with @golden that it's an unawareness of the intricacies so then it's harder to define those boundaries. Though I would think LSI doesn't actually need much understanding of emotional intricacies to be able to create those boundaries, but still I think dualizing does help there.

So a good example for me is that he would categorise different drugs (and by extension, drug users) but in ways that didn't make sense to me. To me, individual drugs are all their own thing and if you were to categorise them you could maybe do fun vs. not fun, or party drug vs. sit at home drug but really they're all different. But he would talk about them as though there were objectively good and bad drugs and I don't mean like weed vs. heroin but drugs that were similar to each other like weed (good) vs. tobacco (bad) or mushrooms (good) vs. acid (bad). And it was never "I prefer x to y" like I might say but "x is morally objectionable but y is fine". And he could explain why and to other people they seemed to understand what he saying but to me it just seemed like he was talking really unobjectively but acting like he had access to objective knowledge about the innate goodness and badness of different drugs. Or I just couldn't understand his reasoning and it all just seemed inane? Like why couldn't he just say he liked one and not the other? How could he use some illegal drugs but then judge people for using the ones he didn't like? Isn't that just personal preference (assuming all other things are equal - as in its recreational drug use, not addiction and no one is getting hurt)?
    Your reasoning is your feely lol (and very Fe for your way of categorizing btw, whatever that means), anyway, sure, Ti is a subjective evaluation in terms of it being the person's own prioritizing of things, but it's still based in quantifying things logically so that part of it is impersonal. If he could explain why, then why did it seem like not objective to you?

I think my dad is LII and idk if this is a good example of Ti or just personal habits but he also has rules for how things around the house should function that I find a waste of time. So certain knives are for certain things (and again, not this is a fruit knife vs a meat knife, but this knife is for meat X whereas this one is for meat Y). The round baking tray is for pies only, clothes pegs should be matching, there is a general order to the day of when things should be done etc. whereas I'm more inclined to just do what's easiest rather than follow an order or system. Both Dad and bf like an orderliness about their lives that doesn't suit my more sporadic approach.

How I would pick them a part would depend on my mood looool. Most of the time if I hear their reasoning for their system I'll see minor benefit to what they do but not enough to justify going out of your way to make it happen. And will usually say that like "have you considered not doing that" or "is it really that important". In more annoying cases I'd say something like "you're just trying to rationalise personal biases" (as in the drug case) or "this is a waste of time and stupid". In my worst behaved moods I don't say anything and just flaunt not following the system hahaha. Like my dad kept telling me off for not matching pegs so I not only carried on not doing it but also took a picture and sent it to him so he knew I was ignoring it. Another example is the time in the video where my bf's rules got trashed by someone else and I happily joined in. There's a great satisfaction in seeing chaos prevail over order
    Oh the IEE I was thinking of just would poke me as "you are doing this too rigid", "you didn't think of the alternative", "you are so rigid, loosen up". Your version of criticism is different, though idk what that means in terms of type. He'd also ostensibly go against any systems in general, breaking all rules possible. That's where you do share similarities with him lol. Did the LSIs ever try to discipline you for this like for sending that picture... that is REALLY provocative imo lool. And if so, how did you respond to that. And, why do you want chaos so much over order?

Lol I dunno if you can confuse LSI-Se with this (ok depends on the situation) but LSI-Ti possibly a lot yeah.

yeah I could see ESI in terms of a lot of his moral absolutism and righteousness. There are two things I have against that though - one is the fact that the person who set us up was LIE and he was very scathing of bf and hoped my balancing him out would make him more bearable. They were friends but there was a lot of tension and communication didn't flow very well between them - so I don't think they are duals (could be I mistyped the LIE but he seems pretty stereotypical). The other is that bf wasn't very in touch with his emotions or his relations to other people. He often wandered if / how / why relationships had shifted without any understanding of the change at all (LIE didn't like him, was very clear about his dislike, bf would not pick up on this and was confused as to why the friendship wasn't working). See also above about how he isn't very aware emotionally around his girlfriends and has little understanding of why his relationships fail.
    Bolded excludes ESI.

And the underlined is quite LSI yeah, quite undualized too I guess.

I think he was probably just doing unhealthy perfectionism for his job.

Anyway, I hope some of the input helped, about type or otherwise, I don't think I have more to add. I'll be curious to see your answers but otherwise, good luck to the typing journey

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst lol I actually was going to say that ime LSIs don’t have any real trouble creating boundaries. It just seems to help in some interpersonal situations if I say where the boundary goes, or reinforce it when they already set the boundary but have less than total certainty about it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Myst

I think it's because I didn't understand his reasoning or maybe more so, why he had it. I felt like he'd often say things as though they were facts and I kept having to ask why he thought that, where he got that information from etc. The more he explained himself the more arbitrary I found his claims. I can't think of any specific thing he said right now but often he just spoke with a defensiveness. Sort of like he was not just explaining himself but daring anyone to disagree. I guess that's creative Se? I don't remember ever feeling clearer after he explained himself, anyway. Just usually I ended up not agreeing with the reason and therefore not the conclusion either and when you couple that with the defensiveness I'd just get annoyed. No flowing exchange of ideas and no room for debate (though that might just have been his style of debating and since I don't value Se I was interpreting it as a shut down to the conversation rather than a challenge maybe?)

In terms of disciplining - not much. Usually came in the form of jokes (quite similar to what you mentioned in terms of criticsm actually) - I'd say "this is no fun" and he'd say "it is fun, just organised fun". He wasn't convinced that we were incompatible and put up with a lot but I could see I was getting increasingly petulant and didn't want to be that so I ended it without him ever really getting angry. I told him he'd hate me within another six months and he still doesn't believe me so I guess I wasn't hitting his PoLR that hard. He also said he had never been more relaxed than during his time with me but I found him so high strung so idk what he's like normally. With my dad it takes the form of nagging - "why aren't you using this system?" or I'll do something and he won't say anything but will un-do and re-do what I just did. Don't know if this is supervision in action or just general parent / child relationships though.

Thanks for all the help and the good chat!
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I think it's because I didn't understand his reasoning or maybe more so, why he had it. I felt like he'd often say things as though they were facts and I kept having to ask why he thought that, where he got that information from etc. The more he explained himself the more arbitrary I found his claims.
    Alright I've run into that problem with IEE before for sure. Them wanting sources more than I was willing to provide. In general my dynamics with IEE goes as, I explain and they do not respond much, or sometimes they want sources. Or sometimes I (my Ti) simply get to be too much for them lol.

I can't think of any specific thing he said right now but often he just spoke with a defensiveness. Sort of like he was not just explaining himself but daring anyone to disagree. I guess that's creative Se? I don't remember ever feeling clearer after he explained himself, anyway. Just usually I ended up not agreeing with the reason and therefore not the conclusion either and when you couple that with the defensiveness I'd just get annoyed. No flowing exchange of ideas and no room for debate (though that might just have been his style of debating and since I don't value Se I was interpreting it as a shut down to the conversation rather than a challenge maybe?)
    Good point re: the bolded.

In terms of disciplining - not much. Usually came in the form of jokes (quite similar to what you mentioned in terms of criticsm actually) - I'd say "this is no fun" and he'd say "it is fun, just organised fun". He wasn't convinced that we were incompatible and put up with a lot but I could see I was getting increasingly petulant and didn't want to be that so I ended it without him ever really getting angry. I told him he'd hate me within another six months and he still doesn't believe me so I guess I wasn't hitting his PoLR that hard. He also said he had never been more relaxed than during his time with me but I found him so high strung so idk what he's like normally. With my dad it takes the form of nagging - "why aren't you using this system?" or I'll do something and he won't say anything but will un-do and re-do what I just did. Don't know if this is supervision in action or just general parent / child relationships though.
    My PoLR was actually being constantly hit in that relationship, but I was ignoring it, I was just trying to get things working, trying really hard. God what a disaster it was. But the Fe demo can be definitely fun here and there. Maybe he was liking that too from you.

Got an example of the bolded?

Thanks for all the help and the good chat!
    Np!
    Last edited by Myst; 07-28-2018 at 09:28 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEE.
    Eyes and gestures all over the place, talkative... IEEs often look like introverts when they’re not in bigger social settings and your video is just you by yourself, obvi.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey everyone! A BUMP of my old thread to say that I think I've actually settled on SEI like so many of you suggested. I think I was possibly so attached to the idea of being an 'N' that when the three types came up for discussion (EIE, IEE, SEI) I immediately latched onto the other two. In bumping this thread I'm just explaining my reasons, not necessarily looking for confirmation from others, but feel free to respond if something doesn't seem right (or if you think this is right and want to celebrate!)

The first thing that tipped me off that IEE wasn't right is IR. I think I said a few posts back that most of my friends are delta. I think, looking closer, my core and oldest friendship group are delta. However, these are people I've known since school and as an adult all my new friends that I make by myself have a distinct alpha-ness about them. I've known two SLIs, to my knowledge, and liked them both but was clearly A LOT for them to deal with. I think this is right for my delta friends in general - I'm the most expressive in the group even when there are extroverts present. One time I went on a date with a guy, and it was one date so my best guess for his type is EII, and he poked fun at me for how excitable and "easily amused" I was. I'm guessing that's Fe / merriment.

The next thing was what I need help in. In my video I say some embarrassing shit about how I'm totally creative and don't need help with new ideas / imagination (Ne), which was very much coloured by me thinking I was an Ne type. The more I think about that the more I realise that actually, my best friends tend to be ILE or IEE and they help me in exactly that way. My best friend of all time is an IEE and he is always getting me out of the house, suggesting things for us to do, CREATING stuff for us to do. He has a wild imagination and a lot of creative projects on the go all the time. When I'm with him I too get into that mindset. Sometimes I'll try and force that mindset on my own. But when I'm by myself I don't really do that (unless REALLY bored) and definitely don't do that for my Si-dom friends.

Conversely, I don't appreciate help in Si. I mentioned this a few posts back as well and I figured this was a sign it might be my PoLR. I think it's just because I make my sensory environment the way I'm comfortable with (mess and all) and any one who changes it will get their hand bitten off. One time someone came into my room to look for something without my permission. Just being in the room after them, I could tell someone had been in there and moving things around and I got really mad about it. Same with health concerns - I don't like anyone telling me what to do with my body. And same with relaxing - as I said in the discussion of Si PoLR, I don't need anyone to tell me to relax or help me relax because I'm already Dude levels of chilled out. I think this is why I mentioned that I'm dismissive of Si-based help: not because I don't value it, but because I've already got it under control.

In terms of being an Si dom, I think it's a case of being so immersed in it that I don't realise I'm using it and thus take it for granted. If it's about aesthetics, comfort, convenience and pleasure then that's really what I am. As for Ne, I DO start loads of new things (and finish very few) and love finding new things to research. I mentioned that I love starting hobbies and often start too many at one time. But I think that this quest for novelty usually comes out of long periods of stagnation where I'm really bored and then I attempt to do new things but eventually its too much effort to sustain and comes back to wanting to be comfortable again. It's not like I start something and then get excited by something new and go chase that instead, which is how IEE / ILE's get described. It's that I just that it gets too difficult (in my lazy mind) and I'd rather go home.

And one last point - the boyfriend I overshared about in this thread: I said that the relationship sounded asymmetrical because I saw loads of problems and he didn't. This way I'm his benefactor rather than his conflictor, which would clear that up. And the person I've fought with the most in my life? An LIE
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    Too animated to be SEI, IMO. lemontrees is a calm SEI (introverted), Xaiviay and some redhead who posted pics in the picture thread are peppy variants (Extroverted). But if you insist on SEI, OK - just putting out my opinion.
    Waaaah I was putting my expressiveness down to creative Fe (and being extraverted subtype). Ne people I know are excitable but not that expressive or animated? I seem to use it more than video examples of IEEs on the forum. If SEI isn't an option then IEE might still be the closest fit but it just doesn't feel right with IR.

In terms of how much I move, the purely VI/IR typers like Sol & Kill4Me put me as either EIE or ESE. I figured SEI-Fe would be a way to account for the bucket load of Fe they saw whilst also getting round the problem of me not being rational temperament / having EJ activity levels.

also sorry for reopening this thread I know you were trying to get away from it looool
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't mind the thread re-opening. If I wanted to avoid the thread I woukldn't have responded.

That said, well, first off: I really don't have time at the moment so my response will be brief. I'm not sure what K4M's thoughts were, but I threw out the ESE suggestion randomly too (though not re-replying/substantiating the theory). Based on my own IR, you do not match SEI for me. Actually, you match ESE. I did not say this because I didn't want to be mean or rude but when I actually watched your video - in essence muted because sound is? was? bad i.e. I couldn't hear very well - your body language triggered me, in the exact way that ESE IR does. To me, ESE "triggers" me because they're very present, so I can't zone out lest I feel like I'm going to miss something utterly important/critical. With that said, hopefully you don't misunderstand, I do not dislike you blah blah (if I wanted to avoid, I wouldn't have responded - as said).
    haha laptop / headphone speakers and I was talking quietly deliberately because other people were in the house. I'm normally not so soft spoken. I definitely don't conserve energy when I speak (which I take to be an Si thing) so I get what you're saying about not IR'ing as SEI. ESE could work - EJ temperament combined with Si could account for my random busy periods that regularly fall back into being about comfort. More so than EIE that has EJ + the not relaxing, as mentioned with Si-PoLR. I feel way more counter-culture than most ESE examples I see on here but that might be NTR and just bad stereotyping (i.e. I LOOK and DRESS like EIE but I'd say I'm way softer like an ESE). I'm also regularly late and bad at judging time / how long something will take like Ni-PoLR haha.

Judging yourself by your own IR is IMO an advanced topic, I'm not saying you're wrong, but often the IR of similar types is similar, so misattribution or whatever is understandable (I think defining IR can only be achieved from long history of a ton of experience with different types). That warning aside, if you feel SEI fits - your call (you know you/I do not know you etc). I'll review the thread fully later today with the SEI option in mind to see if I can see it, because it's a good learning opportunity for me - if you are indeed SEI, it's good to note this and expand my mental bucket of "SEI IR" blah blah.
    yeah IR is difficult irl or even online seeing as most celebrities listed on here have at least 2-3 types assigned to them. If you do have time to review the thread later that'd be amazing! I really appreciate it
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is no one suggesting Si ego types? The ex bf and other people you described sounded possibly like an IEE dual. or dual seeking Ne.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by photon View Post
    Why is no one suggesting Si ego types? The ex bf and other people you described sounded possibly like an IEE dual. or dual seeking Ne.
    well crAck and I were just debating SEI vs ESE, which are both si-ego. A few others have suggested either SEI or ESE too.
    Though, yeah, ENFx has been the primary suggestion.

--

A little more on Si-ego - from what I can tell (which is hard to say because it takes a lot of self analysis and obviously I didn't think of myself in this way when I started this thread), my role in a group tends to be more SF than NF. As in, if my group were having a party I'd be the one picking the playlist and controlling ambience. But I tend to do it in a very nonchalant way rather than a "mom" sort of way. For example, I'll make a long playlist and set out a lot of food so I don't have to think about it for the rest of the night and don't host events that require a lot of effort on my part, like dinner parties. And I'll get annoyed if people keep changing the playlist to something else!! This is the best IR stuff I can think of without relying on my reaction to celebrity videos / my dodgy IRL typings. I still say I'm socially more introverted than extroverted but I can't deny the expressiveness. Also clearly I can talk a lot when I feel like it haha.
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an SEI who is about as expressive as you are, the key being she is not always that expressive. It comes out when she is needing to be engaging for some reason. It is on and off, but high-level, pushed-out expressiveness, in a way almost higher or more obvious than my own because it spikes up very high.

She can also be extremely chill, like extremely, but the animated quality is still under the chill.

I do see lots of Si in that video, as I mentioned upthread, so I’m onboard thus far.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Gulenko says ESE are notoriously thin
    all Si types are "notorious" to have higher than norma weight inclination. as they care more about tasty food and other pleasant sensations
    to keep the weight in good looking norma is much harder than to buy a cake so aesthetics loses in this game in the most of cases. at best they keep the weight at top norma's border. to find Si human with thin figure is not easy today, especially with ageing and metabolism slowing

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I agree with your Si weight idea, but for ESE I think the issue is they have Fe first so they will care more about being accepted than Si Dom/SEI.
    and they think to be liked enough at high norma border or moderately redundant weight above 25 mass index
    all Si types are not thin, in general

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@crAck @Sol

lool I am naturally quite thin but my weight has fluctuated quite a bit (i.e. up to 10lbs lighter than me now and up to about 15lbs heavier). Usually it's low mood -> snacking -> gaining weight -> shame for gaining weight -> more low mood etc. But I do have the ESE, or ExE, need to be thin and I think even though at my heaviest weight I'm average at most that's still difficult for me to deal with.

To be honest, I could accept ESE. I guess its between ESE-Si or SEI-Fe. Either a very animated SEI or a lazy ESE haha.
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you've found a fitting type, and sorry if Ive swayed you

the SEI girl I know, and that reminds me of you somehow, is fit and very very careful about what she eats, quantity etc. she used to be a bit chubby tho, and she's still got nice curves.

(about choosing the music etc, I don't think that makes you Si or Fe... and the ideal partner you indicated looked more practical than N)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I'm glad you've found a fitting type, and sorry if Ive swayed you

the SEI girl I know, and that reminds me of you somehow, is fit and very very careful about what she eats, quantity etc. she used to be a bit chubby tho, and she's still got nice curves.

(about choosing the music etc, I don't think that makes you Si or Fe... and the ideal partner you indicated looked more practical than N)
    It's okay! I think you were one of the main people making sure I was on Ne/Si axis rather than Ni/Se, which pulled me away from EIE and closer to my type.

The music example was me trying to describe the role I play in a group, not to say that Ns don't pick music. I guess I was just saying that I thought of myself as someone who initiated things / created new possibilities whereas I don't really do that for my group at all. Someone else usually invites me out, someone else will figure out something for us to do etc. If I'm hosting, I don't plan any activities. If i'm just with other Si people it becomes a blanket fort or a snack fest. And then within that, I was arguing for SEI > ESE because I do the bare minimum to make the environment comfortable but don't then take responsibility for making sure everyone is having a good time / needs to be taken care of.

And yeah, I've only really dated S types in the past so I guess that influenced how I was talking about partners *facepalm*. Also, like I said above, I thought I needed practical help but actually I don't respond well at all to S-based advice. I thought that enjoying Ne advice / conversation meant I was Ne rather than being receptive to it.

I did have the opportunity to go out with an ILE but after he asked me out neither of us actually followed up on the commitment so Idk how that would have turned out. Tbf, I did say I liked nerds in my video!!

--
    As for SEI vs ESE - I could be swayed either way. I don't think I know any ESEs to compare myself to (I'm the only person in the world who doesn't seem to have an ESE mother or grandmother). But SEI makes slightly more sense to me. I don't feel like I get 'involved' with other people enough to be ESE? That might be a stereotype but from what I'm seeing on the forum, FeSi is more likely to help (or interfere) with others, want to tidy up, want to host events etc. I'd say I step up to that when necessarily but generally wait for someone else to do it and just focus on my own comfort first. I'm also very chill and slow to anger. So being animated and thin seems like less of a type contradiction than being a lazy, laid back ESE.

It's possibly worth saying that with both ESE and EIE I wanted to be that type so maybe I just really love Fe expressionism and imitate / exaggerate it.
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually maybe I could be ESE?
    How much does being in Alpha and being judicious affect the EJ temperament? I imagine the ESE doesn't have the same work ethic of a LIE.

narrowed it down to alpha SF anyway haha.
    - Carrie Fisher

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

But I do have the ESE, or ExE, need to be thin
    only among N types are people which tend to be thin. and not because of the need, but because of lesser caring about material needs

what Si types seek is sensual pleasure. this leads that they eat more. also S types having higher interest to physical actions instictively get more calories to be stronger. to be "thin" (below average point of norma) is unnatural for Si types - should be rare, but definetely not as common
    also I saw in the quantity ESE people with higher than average weight after 25 yo age

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    only among N types are people which tend to be thin. and not because of the need, but because of lesser caring about material needs

what Si types seek is sensual pleasure. this leads that they eat more. also S types having higher interest to physical actions instictively get more calories to be stronger. to be "thin" (below average point of norma) is unnatural for Si types - should be rare, but definetely not as common
    also I saw in the quantity ESE people with higher than average weight after 25 yo age
    I mean maybe but also you've typed thinner people as ESE in the alpha examples thread? Like beautywithemily or little red reader. So it's not enough of a rule to mean I can't be S
    - Carrie Fisher

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I mean maybe but also you've typed thinner people as ESE in the alpha examples thread?

> Like beautywithemily or little red reader. So it's not enough of a rule to mean I can't be S

BeautywithEmilyFox and Little Red Reader ? They look as having normal weight, not as "thin", - below average normal weight point.
    Anyway, some people may differ from the _common_ and expected from the theory. The assertion I opposed to was about the common. More about adults, not teenagers or close.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well crAck and I were just debating SEI vs ESE, which are both si-ego. A few others have suggested either SEI or ESE too.
    Though, yeah, ENFx has been the primary suggestion.
    I haven't read through all the posts but I wondered why Delta ST wasn't suggested, especially SLI because of Ne dual seeking.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by photon View Post
    I haven't read through all the posts but I wondered why Delta ST wasn't suggested, especially SLI because of Ne dual seeking.
    lol literally no one has suggested ST or T in general. SEI and Ne dual seeking, yes.

Why ST?
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol literally no one has suggested ST or T in general. SEI and Ne dual seeking, yes.

Why ST?
    Because you seem Fi-Ne valuing and Delta. It explains why everyone is typing you as an EII or Delta NF.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

whatever type you are i think youre sober-minded and me gusta
    loool even with all the Fe?

also I really have looked up every type that's been suggested here and genuinely considered all of them (is that Ne valuing in action?) but SLI is one I can't get behind. I'm the feeleriest feeler to ever feel.
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If mrrrmaid is SLI then I'm SLE.

I have watche
    d the original ASMR-ish video and Alpha SF seems to be right, but I wouldn't ENTIRELY block out the possibility of you being a delta NF either. Keep in mind that people can easily get lost in stereotypes when typing others (and you can get lost in stereotypes when typing yourself too). Type is not two-dimensional. It's not gray either, because colors are not humans. Colors are static, humans can adapt.

Regar
    dless of what other people say, weigh their opinions and then trust yourself to make the right judgment, above all.
    B E L I E V E
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's actually a play on the Riot Grrrl movement (pronounced like 'girl' but written 'grrr' because they were making angry feminist music). So correct pronunciation is 'mermaid' but said (yelled?) with more of a revolutionary spirit in your voice

also I don't take this as an insult. I weirdly like the idea that strangers on the internet are getting weird tingles on the backs of their necks whilst listening to me talk about myself
    - Carrie Fisher

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm the feeleriest feeler to ever feel.
    base F type, - in short

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be very (Fe)-ego, especially in the way you don't like sarcastic or insulting humour, or political arguments: it seems you would prefer to maintain a positive emotional atmosphere. Socialist ideals are grounded in (Fe) as well, and preference for avoiding political arguments suggests to me that some form of logic (Ti/Te) in your super-ego block, probably PoLR. I think you're introverted, too. You don't seem like a caregiver; almost certainly intuitive (whether Ni or Ne, it's hard to tell). Oh, you dress like a Beta, too; especially with your comment about preferring uncomfortable, good-looking clothes - that generally excludes Si-valuing Alpha or Delta quadras for me. My initial thoughts are you're a Beta IEI.

PS. I love the top you're wearing in that video. =)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    You seem to be very (Fe)-ego, especially in the way you don't like sarcastic or insulting humour, or political arguments: it seems you would prefer to maintain a positive emotional atmosphere. Socialist ideals are grounded in (Fe) as well, and preference for avoiding political arguments suggests to me that some form of logic (Ti/Te) in your super-ego block, probably PoLR. I think you're introverted, too. You don't seem like a caregiver; almost certainly intuitive (whether Ni or Ne, it's hard to tell). Oh, you dress like a Beta, too; especially with your comment about preferring uncomfortable, good-looking clothes - that generally excludes Si-valuing Alpha or Delta quadras for me. My initial thoughts are you're a Beta IEI.

PS. I love the top you're wearing in that video. =)
    Insulting humor is fairly the domain of beta quadra imo. Actually I must say I don’t understand where the connections between Fe and non-sarcasm and socialism, and Ti and no political arguments, are drawn from.

And again, how is the OP evidencing any Ni whatsoever, let alone enough to be Ni dominant?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Insulting humor is fairly the domain of beta quadra imo.
    humor is the form of critique. may relate to any function
    mostly seems is associated with Fe. may be done by any type

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched it all, wrote thoughts as I watched. My first impression was INFp. After watching for a while I considered ENFp, ISFp, ISFj. You seem too expressive to be a Fi type, especially an INFj. As far as my experience goes, INFj's have a "genuine but restrained" kind of look when talking about "Fi stuff". Your hand movements give a Fe vibe. Unlike what others mentioned, I'd say liking or disliking "edginess" isn't a reliable indicator of anything. You'd be hard-pressed to find an INFj/ENFp who enjoys dark humor/death/edgy stuff, but it's perfectly normal for any other type to dislike it. You don't seem to like aggressive behaviour though, so that points to Si-valuing. Liking weirdos might be Ne-seeking. The moral high horses thing seems Fi, wanting humanitarian friends seems Fi. You mentioned something about liking people who notice your potential, which is a very Ne-seeking thing. The guy you liked the most seems Ne(-Fi?). The guy you disliked seems Te. The way you express your dislike seems Fe: you kind of tell the whole thing like a story, maybe slightly positively, I think a Fi type would sorta "relive" the bad feelings caused by that, and show slight negative emotions. You said you're good at aesthetic things (Si). The stuff about others taking advantage of you is more of an F indicator rather than Ni/Se vs Ne/Si indicator. I think that ENTp/INTj/ESTj/ISTp are all capable of standing their ground when someone wants to take advantage, meanwhile F types are the ones who yield upon pressure so as to maintain good relations with people.

So, my veredict is ISFp/SEI. You seem more Fe-oriented than Si, though.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that up and to to the left look with eyes, "plowing space" gulenko says is Ni

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I finally did @Sol's IR test (only I cheated and didn't do all of the types, just the four that would be my dual based on types discussed here ILE, LII, LSI and SLI).

ILE & LII are the ones I liked best (they are both so cute! and much more open and friendly!) I think I liked ILE more but I can't tell how much of that is just extroverts are more charismatic than introverts? LII boys are really cute though - or at least the ones in Sol's videos. Super into this guy. I like how they have shy smiles. I think ILE is the type that I would initially be drawn to but I could definitely see LII being the type I ignore at first only to go inexplicably crazy for or w/e is supposed to happen with duality. As in, I like ILE more initially and then that kind of wears off as the video goes on whereas LII I sort of like until they start moving and smiling properly, then they became more attractive.

Though, side note, one of the LSI boys is exactly like my exboyfriend. Looks sort of like him, has the same grin. Weird. Much preferred the cuteness (I guess infantile nature) of the Ne boys.
    - Carrie Fisher

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast