View Poll Results: Are you Ne type and Ne subtype and schizophrenic, like me?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

2 50.00%
  • No I'm too sexy for that (you are Ne subtype)

1 25.00%

Thread: Ne types and schizophrenia: is there a link?

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne types and schizophrenia: is there a link?

I'm suspecting that schizophrenia at its worst is just bad Si due to unhealthy Ne taking over.

Have we become so Ne that we have, indeed, crossed over into our unconsciousness?

Let's do a poll.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you're somewhat on-track. When people aren't physically active enough, they spend their energy in the mental realm, which usually involves more use of imagination.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Historically defined schizophrenic traits probably have best associations (if any) with intuition, and introversion, because otherwise, the individual's personality (in conjunction with the "abnormal" behaviours) would possibly be seen as representative of another disorder. Historic religious leaders such as Muhammad (maybe EIE), and Joan of Arc (?), could be "extroverted" in terms of their energy (their drive and way of motivating others), but they were very much driven by some inner voice. Comparative traits in a Ne-dominant figure would perhaps not come across as "schizophrenic" (although of course they might be diagnosable as such through brain scans...and genetic analysis might be highly indicative): the extent to which a disorder affects a person's actual or apparent type and vice versa would be a very interesting topic.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echan View Post
    I'm suspecting that schizophrenia at its worst is just bad Si due to unhealthy Ne taking over.
    Nope. That's not what schizophrenia is about. It's a disorder of the wrong connectivity between certain areas in the brain.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm very unhappy with a known psycho-physiological disease being linked with something like socionics, this is something that doesn't need to be explained by socionics since it's being investigated and relatively well understood by neuroscience.

Socionics isn't and shouldn't be a substitution for clinical psychology/psychiatry. It's useful for normals, not abnormals.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your input!

I was referring to delusions regarding a sensory nature.

And hallucinations as well.

I can't tell if my hallucinations are based on bad Si or just protein overtake.

Forgive me for my bad correlations!!! *blush*
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    i'm very unhappy with a known psycho-physiological disease being linked with something like socionics, this is something that doesn't need to be explained by socionics since it's being investigated and relatively well understood by neuroscience.

Socionics isn't and shouldn't be a substitution for clinical psychology/psychiatry. It's useful for normals, not abnormals.
    I think new studies in schizophrenia view it as neurodevelopment disorder and Freudian psychology is fairly rooted in neuroscience, Freud was a neurobiologist prior to becoming a psychologist.
    http://psychcentral.com/lib/what-causes-schizophrenia/

Also Freudian psychoanalysis and it's hypothetical mechanisms are frequently being found to actually exist thru neuroscience.
    http://discovermagazine.com/2014/apr...-sigmund-freud

Development does change brain chemistry, PTSD, neglect, and many other factors do play into this.

Socionics is social development oriented, it doesn't deal necessarily with the resulting neurochemical symptoms of schizophrenia but it does deal heavily with development as it posits some features of identity/preference that may predispose individuals to having schizophrenia given certain developmental conditions.

Socionics is also biology oriented as all personality psychologies see genetic factors as the predominant factor in personality.

Schizophrenia is not really thought of as just a psycho-pysiological disease anymore, but a bio-psycho-social one.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biopsychosocial_model

In Japan schizophrenia is already called integration disorder following this model.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integration_disorder

Socionics is in it's efforts is vastly more Freudian psycho-analytical model than Jungian typology. Type is merely the emergent individual, while the mechanism that produces this individual is something else. Socionics delves into this mechanism and speculates about it, and this mechanism may somewhat pre-exist the development of type/types/disorders.

I think it's becoming increasingly clear that normal/abnormal psychology converge in many ways and that dealing with these issues from merely a objective perspective is inadequate and does not explain why treatment sometimes work and sometimes do not. This was Freud's original problem and why he delved into the subjective with psychoanalysis, today we're faced again with the same problem and that is of the uncertainty that exists when dealing with the subjective and the also the necessity of addressing it in treatment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post

That would be nice, but if you look past the simple descriptions and go into the deep stuff like strat's quadral complexes and dual descriptions, you'll realize it basically has psychiatric issues as it's underlying core. IEI is basically an amorous narcissist. EII is super Machiavellian. SLE is basically a retard that doesn't mind smashing and taking stuff. LSE is basically a retard that has to proceduralize everything and can't be creative to save their life. Etc.

Wouldn't "normals" be the "universal types?" They're the ones that are so socially balanced that they don't meet any TIM criteria.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My ex was supposedly schizophrenic and he was IEI. Of the two of us, I was the "normal" one. So no, I don't think so.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an ILE friend who got schizophrenia many years ago. We were basically having the same routine that included some odd things like taking LSD almost once a week and smoking marijuana. But I didn't get schizo. I think there is a link, yes. Maybe more related to Ne-leading than to lack of Si, perhaps lack of Te would be more accurate. has this groundedness practicality to it that keeps one's feet firm on the ground so probably IEE, EII, ILE and LII are more prone to it, though with the LII this should be less common because of leading .
    Then again all NF types are more prone to psychosis so that would include IEI, EIE.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    That would be nice, but if you look past the simple descriptions and go into the deep stuff like strat's quadral complexes and dual descriptions, you'll realize it basically has psychiatric issues as it's underlying core. IEI is basically an amorous narcissist. EII is super Machiavellian. SLE is basically a retard that doesn't mind smashing and taking stuff. LSE is basically a retard that has to proceduralize everything and can't be creative to save their life. Etc.
    What are LSI and EIE in your typology?