Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFjs and switching to Se PoLR

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When EIIs are under stress or theat, their inner LSEs will sometimes emerge. This may be perceived as Se-behaviour but filters are not switchable by themselves. A total transfer to one's alternate processing configuration, which comes with its own filters, is more likely but such a state usually can't be held for long.

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: There's a set of information for which the N-perspective is identical to the S-perspective. When operating in this overlap region, type isn't likely fully determinable.
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 10-17-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post

Do you find it plausible that an INFj raised in a family where "victory at any cost" is the chief value might shift to the extreme of using excessively, to the point of being characterized as a "mean bastard" and "ruthless" - while, of course, still remaining an INFj in all other respects, including conflict relations with ESTps? Especially as they'd be the first to see through you, as the "professionals"?

Since is your first function, you'd also be known as a "self-righteous mean bastard".

Can you see that happening?
    Growing up yea kinda, but it didn't turn me into some permanent Se using INFj, the ruthless thing didn't follow me past my teenage years. That shit stopped after I left home. I say kind of because I was bullied so what did I do, I bullied people underneath me that I could bully to feel like I had some kind of strength and wasn't completely subordinate to the world around me. And I was excessive to the people I bullied. It was a chain of command from since I was a kid, bigger kids bully smaller kids, and there were a few kids I was bigger than so the rule applied. But when I bullied those kids I wasn't self righteous about it, it was more I'm doing it because I can, an abuse of power. It seemed like a way of life.
    After I left that environment I didn't keep some over used PoLR. I had to live with a kid I bullied when we were adults and I don't even like to think about the things I did.

I grew up in an environment where when you got into a fight with your siblings my grandma asked "Who won?" not "Who started it?" I grew up with an SLE 8w7 cousin my same age and we were constantly compared to each other by the adults in our family and there was a rivalry between us. If any weakness was shown it was exploited, drunk uncle would come and take your food if he wanted it(cuz he's bigger than you), cousin would take your toys/clothes if he liked them and not give them back (cuz he's bigger than you), and if you did nothing, that would just keep happening over and over again. I had someone very close to me die and my cousin made fun of them just because he knew I couldn't do anything to him, he did it to prove a point, to prove dominance I'm guessing. Even my dad encouraged me to fight back when I was being messed with, but it always happened when he wasn't looking so he couldn't see his advice wasn't gonna work. The only times I fought back was when I was being unfairly harmed. It was so bad that I got into a fight with my cousin one time where I could actually beat him and make him quit but I stopped midway, I guess this "rule" or hierarchy got to me and made me think it wasn't my place to be above him or something weird like that, like if I was above him then I'd have to constantly prove I'm stronger than him and that would mean he's gonna challenge me and I don't want that challenge, something like that, the responsibility of being "the guy you don't mess with" was too intimidating to me. After I held back he chocked me out to the point where I couldn't speak straight for the next 5-10 minutes and said "You fight like a bitch".

The only time I felt self righteous when using force was when my cousin took things 2 far. My SLE cousin starts bending my wrist so far back it started to feel like it's gonna break, when I tell him to stop, he keeps bending, I sink my teeth into his arm until he starts bleeding, we never tried to punch each other square in the face before, but after I draw blood from ripping my teeth from his arm to let go of my damn wrist, he starts to try and punch me dead in my face, we have a sloppy fight and then, I'm a kid and we hadn't started cussing yet but, I start swearing at the top of my lungs kicking him out of my apartment building (he lived downstairs from me) I'm in extremely angry tears yelling at him and he decides he's gonna leave, but right before he does he swings for my head one last time, I duck it but I was so mad I almost felt the urge to just push him down the stairs. Me and my cousin both have little brothers who always stayed around us, so they saw the fight, and they knew the "hierarchy". They tell our grandma (who also lived downstairs from me) that we go into a fight, instead of asking "Who started it." to punish them, she asks "Who won?" and since both our little brothers knew the unspoken hierarchy they said he won, since he's bigger and stronger than all of us. My grandma looked at him and I could just see her respect for him grow in her eyes, and now she knew the "hierarchy". I wore that shit on me for a long time, thinking I was second place in life constantly because even my own grandma seemed to think so.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a great motherly example of my Se polr. So my toddler was acting out in front of me and my ISFJ aunt. My ISFJ aunt said "look at you, you can't even put your child into her place and discipline her; you cater to her that's why she gets her way. Hand her to ME" in which case she came at my child as if she was going to assume some kind of physical punishment and I straight up changed the subject and cradled my babe in my arms. lol
    Yeah, on one hand my morality doesn't stand for "force" over people as a means of life but on the other hand yes I do suffer from not being forceful but my child is young. She will have a better means of understanding rather than conformity by force when she's older and able to communicate complex issues.

We're gonna be ok our own way.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's plausible, but there's other options I would consider. ESI is basically that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say, no, that's not likely behavior for an EII. (I'm not sure about Robert Kennedy's type, maybe I could comment on it at another time.)

There is little trouble for an ESI to not get along so great with an SLE - both of them value Se and may clash more obviously than SLE-EII. I'm sure Expat would essentially agree, this thread was from a long time ago and people were still working things out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12