Thread: Gulenko's typings of forum members AKA Big G SquaD

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    @flames. I think IEI normalizing is quite common. At least in real life. Most IEIs I've met are of this subtype.
    You may be right. Truthfully, I don’t know many IEIs.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

this a lot. actually, I space off a lot. For a while I was worried I was having derealisation or something because it was getting a bit out of control. My kids comment on it all the time. “Mom what are you staring at?” I had my daughter snapping her fingers in my face earlier. Because I’ll just stare at one spot at nothing but everything around me disappears and I’m not really ‘there’. But I’m not not thinking, I’m thinking about situations, running through my head, conversations, a whole bunch of stuff really. Things that could of happened, that could happen, conversations that could have taken place, that can, and what I would do. What would have happened if I would have done something else in this particular situation and where would I be now, and where would this other person be now? It’s complicated. A lot of times I don’t even realize I’m doing it, but my kids shake me out of it a lot. I dialogue in my head a lot, things I’m going to say. What others have said. Why they are acting a certain way. What their intentions are. I put a lot of attention and thought into it. Like I’m constantly scanning it.
    This was informative. I'm interested in knowing how Ni manifests itself on the inside in everyday situations.

I can also space out a lot, but I don't have any intuitions. It's more like being immersed in a sensation. Indulging in it on the inside.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flames, I’m going to reply to your post next, but it might take me a while, and some thinking
    Good! That’s what I was aiming for you to do. Let your Ni stew as long as possible for maximum flavor.

Your last answer in this post is definitely some strong Ni, in a way that is familiar to me. I frequently find myself wishing to bring back the imagination I once had but it’s not extinct by any means.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Typology is sort of like atheism: an attractive black sheep cult theory that challenges the conventional ideas. Typology gives meaning to people and not life - it is the only cult I can think of that is about the individual and not shit beyond us. We are the stars of life and it is much more beneficial to study ourselves than the meaning of everything at large. We should all be grateful that we are developed enough as a society to have the comfort of the ability to ponder about deeper things than just how we’re going to physically survive for the next fifteen minutes... Religion is not a necessity for survival because we don’t see it in lesser advanced creatures - society, a social collection of humans working together, is necessary because we’ve been living in tribes from day one and go crazy from too much isolation. Typology helps us define who people are, and learning what defines us means learning about how we work and what we are best suited to do based off that and thus strengthens our capability to sustain a society. MBTI tests are often used to help determine the best career paths for someone, for example. Typology easily has the power to spark war just like physically visible differences between people, like the color of our skin; religion is obviously not a genetic feature but so many real things have been created in honor of it that it results in mainstream recognition of differences in religions that are physically oriented - their traditional clothing, their forever reprinted sacred texts, their style of architecture, common spoken language, etc. But the funny thing is, even though religion is not a physical attribute that varies considerably between different populations, in standard paid DNA/ancestry tests, (being) Jewish is considered an ethnicity/race that shares the same genetic history - no other religion is given this status even though Judaism is not the only religion in the world that was born in a special region of the world and was made official by a common group of people (I personally believe they might have inserted “Jewish” ancestry as part of some hidden agenda to spread the idea that Israel is a real state and to support their anti-Palestine politics but that’s a conspiracy theory for another day I’m kidding, I don’t believe that; I’m just showing you all how easy it is to say convincing lies ) Typology does not have this upper hand of so-called legitimacy. Even though it doesn’t require commitment and blind faith (typology never asks you to surrender your power and believe in it...), typology still has a lot of people that do not believe it exists - perhaps if it had physical tokens to its name like religion, it would have a majority following in the world. But maybe we are better off without dangerous fanatics in our community.

If you read this all the way through and understood every point, then my final typing of you is IEI-N 9w1. EII would not put up with such time consuming reenactments of Ni and Ti thinking, but they are skilled at emulating it - in a non serious way (Demo Ni, Role Ti). I hope you can take something away from this~
    I don't see socionics as a Typology, it's more more structural than a typology and is rooted in psychodynamic psychology, cognitivism and information science.

Socionics is a bit different from other typologies in the sense that it is like atheism.
    More exactly it is an "identity agnosticism".

There is some social science and studies that see identity and cultural identity formation as rooted in trauma, and culture and their identities being defense mechanisms. This isn't that far off from Dawkin's assertion that religion is parasitic memes or other ideas similar to this. From this standpoint in our rapidly changing society, and the massive creative destruction wrought by capitalism, there is a deficit in the applicability of our cultural defense mechanisms.

From a philosophical standpoint socionics is an advanced philosophical and humanitarian study, this site I think is the opposite of a cult, it is an anti-cult. The membership here has by and large been various members of society that have been traumatized by cults, indoctrination and other pernicious belief systems that are as much inflicted as adopted. There is a traumatic effect here, but also I think a immunological effect on members who were resistant naturally or somehow overcame these belief systems thru reason. Sociotype presumes a essential nature by which other identities are merely a environmental, social or biological influence. From a optimistic standpoint is a radical emancipatory ambiguity in this, where your ability to cooperate, love and engage with others is no longer a insurmountable obstacle of one's alienation but one that can be overcome from compatible communication. And this is not merely limited to duality but also to other relationships and even cooperation at a distance with opposing quadras thru the quadra relay.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes imagine myself in alternate universes and the characters are people that interact with me. I used to write when I was younger, and I would spend a lot of time in my head imagining these things. But Moreso, I imagine lifelines. Sometimes I’ll think of someone and their lives and ways of how they could come to be will zip through me head like a lightning bolt. It happens very fast. It makes me sympathize with them more. It’s not always. I have to decide to think about it.

this a lot. actually, I space off a lot. For a while I was worried I was having derealisation or something because it was getting a bit out of control. My kids comment on it all the time. “Mom what are you staring at?” I had my daughter snapping her fingers in my face earlier. Because I’ll just stare at one spot at nothing but everything around me disappears and I’m not really ‘there’. But I’m not not thinking, I’m thinking about situations, running through my head, conversations, a whole bunch of stuff really. Things that could of happened, that could happen, conversations that could have taken place, that can, and what I would do. What would have happened if I would have done something else in this particular situation and where would I be now, and where would this other person be now? It’s complicated. A lot of times I don’t even realize I’m doing it, but my kids shake me out of it a lot. I dialogue in my head a lot, things I’m going to say. What others have said. Why they are acting a certain way. What their intentions are. I put a lot of attention and thought into it. Like I’m constantly scanning it.
    That's definitely the Ni-/Ne+ continuum of Alpha/Beta, which imagines 'original alternative timelines'. Negativistic Ni is 'abstract' Ni, compared to the 'concrete' Ni+/Ne- continuum of Gammas and Deltas, which tries to extrapolate the future from the present to make the most 'accurate' predictions(positivistic Ni) possible.

I think you're IEI-Ni too(my extinguisher). Your Ni feels like this to me:

Fargo is an excellent series btw

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo at least for my friend, his exact statement was "her ambitious and determined friend represents the missing power half of the beta values. There is a dual relationshipbetween them." And to be honest, the reason it was so surprising to me was that, while I do admire her ambition and her ability to call out what she sees as wrong, I thought she was an intuitive. Then again, it's entirely likely I have been coming from a place of bias towards sensors.

I guess I do agree that we wouldn't know her actual type unless I could convince her to get typed from more than just my gushing about her hahaha

Also but lol thank you, glad I could at least make you laugh
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    considering chance of mistyping from the top super worldwide expert might be < 20% (at most, let's be positive), considering we have 20 examples... there are 4 possibly wrong types among G's squad. but probs more.
    There are negative factors which may strongly reduce the accuracy and compensate the typing experience.

1) He uses _own_ doubtful theory what makes the accuracy lesser predictable. Also uses very intensively doubtful Reinin's traits.
    2) He trusts highly to what people say and uses logical analysis as main method, when those people may know types theory and can be not indifferent to what type to get and hence to filter what they say. In @aster example he typed her to IEI and then typed the husband to a dual based on her description of him. Besides it's not appropriate to type with an assurance with so bad data. It's evident that she's not indifferent to what IR she has and not rare when typed people know the theory, - hence she could distort and filter the info in significant degree. Many texts are in Internet and it should be common when people know the theory. But he seems ignores or underesteemates this problem. May be even he follows to alike: if a human wants a type (and may distort) - let's give it, that will be more pleasant for the human and more chance he'll recommend me to others.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    @aster You are hard to read for me at times, even through video. I think this is further contributing to my growing suspicion that you are 9w1....
    haha I wondered when I saw all that text if you were stoned again thank you for the analysis

My psych told me I internalize my problems. I don’t think I’m overly emotional, but yes, I think they are hidden for the most part. I have actually been worried before that I have quiet borderline personality disorder. I don’t think I have BPD, but I can definitely relate to some of the symptoms. So yes, there is more to what you see I’ve been told I’m very secretive, especially about certain things.

yeah I’ve always been described as pretty ‘reserved’. I grew up in rural Indiana with no neighbors and my only friends were cats, so I relied a lot on my imagination to keep me entertained. when I went to school I was so shy and felt like such an odd girl out. I would watch people socializing and I was envious that I couldn’t be more easy and suave, ‘open’ in communication as them. I never tried to be ‘unique’, I just always felt like a weirdo and there was something ‘wrong’ with me that made me different. I was also pretty agreeable and never got in trouble. My parents said I was a breeze to raise and a bit of an old soul. I was always interested in uncommon ‘weird’ things, and I didn’t care much that they made me a weirdo. But I went through a stage where I actually tried really hard to fit in with everyone else and be normal as possible...the drive was envy. Envy and jealousy are huge drives for me...but I also don’t care for conflict and have pretty good self control and generally avoid it by being farsighted, but I realize I can’t always avoid it.

as for image, I do care about my appearance. I really like clothes, and shoes, and have my own style. I put myself in major credit card debt when I was in my early 20’s from my clothes shopping habits. I ended up filing bankruptcy when I was 22 from it lol it was a real eye opener that I can’t live the high life with no job/no money. I like nice stuff Im also terrified of getting fat. I have an ED, but it’s nothing crazy, I just focus on my weight on the scales a lot and worry about getting fat(basically I feel I’d rather die than go over a certain weight) and have this thing/paranoia about my face potentially looking fat. lol I’m not openly competitive, and I’m not competitive about just anything. It’s personal, and usually I’m competing against someone and they don’t even know it. It’s a secret competition and it gives me Goalz.

Enneagram types seem like a bunch of disorders to me and it’s like my disorders all mesh and play off each other in my head, so it’s hard to tell which one is dominant.

I agree with 4 being over typed. When I first got in enneagram and typology, I immediately thought I was a 4... and then noticed a lot of other people did, too. Then I had a lot of people tell me they thought I am a 9... but I agree I’m prob soc first/sx last=so/sp

Anyway my adhd is out of control lately, too. That’s all I can manage for now
    Last edited by Aster; 01-25-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering that I mostly work on a typing gallery, I wonder if it would be a cool idea to add people that got typed by gulenko to a different gallery on my website with real people (no celebrities) to show visual similarities. I have been thinking about this idea for a while, but I find it rather awkward to ask my friends such a question. I'm also not sure if people would be comfortable with it.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    considering that I mostly work on a typing gallery, I wonder if it would be a cool idea to add people that got typed by gulenko to a different gallery on my website with real people (no celebrities) to show visual similarities. I have been thinking about this idea for a while, but I find it rather awkward to ask my friends such a question. I'm also not sure if people would be comfortable with it.
    Just type people with PCA and GANs if you're gonna do that

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Can you give example if it isnt private? I would keep some of mine to myself so I understand if you dont want to share.
    Sure.

* The main plot usually involves moral issues (e.g. what is a bad or a good person) with an event that sets everything in motion.
    * Characters are incorporated that represent different attitudes to a hellish situation unlocked.
    * One of the characters is basically me (can be a man or a woman, but it’s another version of myself really) in the middle of a dilemma.
    * The 'main plot' can last for years. It evolves over the years with jumps in time and changes in locations and contains scenes that are more pivotal than the rest, so they play in my head over and over. Developments of some importance in my life propel the story forward or make daydreaming more present.
    * Hero's journey and rebirth themes under stressing circumstances. Overall the fantasy makes it feel like there's a part of me preparing for impending doom under the hands of immoral others.

Well into adulthood, I remember finding it very charging to think up genealogies and imbue each name with a quality that, just by reading it, conjured up daydreams about the vibrancy of the society they lived in. It wasn't always moral stuff.

I think the difference with intuitives might be the time and attention paid to daydreaming. It keeps repeating more and seems more constant, somewhat, since it’s such a big thing with them.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha I wondered when I saw all that text if you were stoned again thank you for the analysis

My psych told me I internalize my problems. I don’t think I’m overly emotional, but yes, I think they are hidden for the most part. I have actually been worried before that I have quiet borderline personality disorder. I don’t think I have BPD, but I can definitely relate to some of the symptoms. So yes, there is more to what you see I’ve been told I’m very secretive, especially about certain things.

yeah I’ve always been described as pretty ‘reserved’. I grew up in rural Indiana with no neighbors and my only friends were cats, so I relied a lot on my imagination to keep me entertained. when I went to school I was so shy and felt like such an odd girl out. I would watch people socializing and I was envious that I couldn’t be more easy and suave, ‘open’ in communication as them. I never tried to be ‘unique’, I just always felt like a weirdo and there was something ‘wrong’ with me that made me different. I was also pretty agreeable and never got in trouble. My parents said I was a breeze to raise and a bit of an old soul. I was always interested in uncommon ‘weird’ things, and I didn’t care much that they made me a weirdo. But I went through a stage where I actually tried really hard to fit in with everyone else and be normal as possible...the drive was envy. Envy and jealousy are huge drives for me...but I also don’t care for conflict and have pretty good self control and generally avoid it by being farsighted, but I realize I can’t always avoid it.

as for image, I do care about my appearance. I really like clothes, and shoes, and have my own style. I put myself in major credit card debt when I was in my early 20’s from my clothes shopping habits. I ended up filing bankruptcy when I was 22 from it lol it was a real eye opener that I can’t live the high life with no job/no money. I like nice stuff Im also terrified of getting fat. I have an ED, but it’s nothing crazy, I just focus on my weight on the scales a lot and worry about getting fat(basically I feel I’d rather die than go over a certain weight) and have this thing/paranoia about my face potentially looking fat. lol I’m not openly competitive, and I’m not competitive about just anything. It’s personal, and usually I’m competing against someone and they don’t even know it. It’s a secret competition and it gives me Goalz.

Enneagram types seem like a bunch of disorders to me and it’s like my disorders all mesh and play off each other in my head, so it’s hard to tell which one is dominant.

I agree with 4 being over typed. When I first got in enneagram and typology, I immediately thought I was a 4... and then noticed a lot of other people did, too. Then I had a lot of people tell me they thought I am a 9... but I agree I’m prob soc first/sx last=so/sp

Anyway my adhd is out of control lately, too. That’s all I can manage for now
    That is more than enough for me to happily dissect; good management skills. First off, I identify with a lot of that intro paragraph. I have been professionally diagnosed as BPD and a whole clown car of other shit - whether I agree with it or the other diagnoses is something that I change my mind on repeatedly, though most of the time it’s not even on my mind to begin with. It is not the end of the world being labeled this disorder, or that. I am familiar with the concept of “quiet” BPD, though I’m not sure how much of it is truly real - it just sounds like BPD with Avoidant Personality traits which is an already existing diagnosis specification from what I can remember. I internalize a lot myself and it is not something you can unlearn overnight. 7 and 9 both internalize a good deal of shit and I’ve always nicknamed type 9 as “the introverted 7” in my mind. We are both far more miserable than meets the eye (not always, but we have our moments) and 7 mistyping as 4 or 9 mistyping as 4 or vice versa for both pairs. 7w6 and 4w3 is what I spent most of my (angsty) young teens stuck between. I think I WAS overly emotional in my past, I don’t really personally connect with that anymore- I am still emotional but I don’t think it’s “overly”. I don’t like that defining me either way.

What you go on further about with being socially envious and a weirdo: I should have mentioned earlier, that is common among all IxFx even when they are NOT 4s as well. The fact that you never TRIED to be unique is telling, though. Shit, I have been guilty of feeling that way myself and I’m not even IxFx OR 4. (I was also bullied and ostracized in one period of my life, so that explains a lot. I have ended up popular later on, instead. Some kind of ying yang cycle, I guess.) I also believe 9w1 is normally properly dressed, very far from the hobo slob idea we can get with 9w8’s appearance. They are also way neater than 9w8 in their living spaces, too. I have seen you bring up your ED before- I hope you are in a better place now. I was never officially diagnosed with one and I don’t think I ever had a full fledged one, but I have binged and purged in my time - could just be a BPD thing. Skipping meals was probably the worst ED habit I had adopted - it’s something I still do randomly here and there to this day but now it’s more due to me putting my social plans or adventures ahead of forcing myself to eat. I have probably done most self destructive things you can think of lol. I love fashion personally, and I like to have a bold and attention grabbing style that is simultaneously trendy- I have dressed goth, punk and alternative, preppy, and so on all in my past. But you will also catch me being lazy some days, like yesterday I didn’t even shower and I just threw on some rags when it was time for me to head out the house, but I still tried to make an impression by wearing a pretty decent hat that I’ve never worn around the company I was with before, and I ended up getting a compliment on it so mission accomplished. I have my own fear of getting fat or being ugly (including fixating over my face being fatter as well) and I would be inclined to agree that I would rather die than be too high up on those scales, and I would also throw in a fear of losing a common body part like a leg or whatever and being a freak because of that. It’s not hard to see why I’ve typed in the heart triad before, I think. But at some point, everything takes a backseat to my main worries of whether I’m having as much fun as I possibly could be in the moment and near future.

I am also terrible with spending money and I would not have saved a dime if I didn’t have my mom gatekeep my savings for me lol. I am 21. And yeah, I think enneagram is supposed to be uncomfortable.

I would agree with So instinct, and leaning So/Sp with it, too.

(And feel free to vocalize any thoughts on me, as well. )
    Last edited by flames; 01-25-2021 at 09:32 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flames, I think maybe when you have issues like we do, it just makes us hard to pin down it can be hard to see passed all of it imo.

so are you going with 7w6 now? I could see that for you. Or 4w3 fix? What made you change your mind ultimately?

I’m ok right now, thanks for asking I never got too thin. I started chewing and spitting when I was in my early teens. it started when I thought my face was fat. Lol. I didn’t think about food too much when I was younger, honestly. I hardly ate. I started getting obsessive about it in my early 20’s and was weighing myself several times a day/counting calories/documenting my weight/aiming for like 800 cal a day or less. Visiting pro Ana sites for tips & tricks (my bad lol) But I never get to the point where I wanted to keep loosing and loosing. I’ve only went under 100lbs once when I had adderall to help me lol. But I still think about my weight a lot, but right now I’m not being overly obsessive about it, not as bad as I was. It varies.
    Last edited by Aster; 01-25-2021 at 11:21 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've lived by myself for years and I don't mind it, as long as I can socialize at work. Having a live-in roommate would be really tough for me if that person weren't very compatible. I don't think I get lonely. I do think I get starved for human interaction. I don't think those two are the same thing. Instead of feeling lonely, I get bored.
    I think that's a great conceptual distinction, Adam -- starvation for human interaction (so relatable as the pandemic drags on :'() vs. loneliness.

I lived alone for 3.5 years in my mid-twenties, not because it was the healthiest for me but due to lack of options for compatible roommates!, and then comfort and fear of change as I got settled in. Experienced loneliness on the reg.

Now I'm coming up on 3.5 years with a varying cast of roommates every 6 mos-2 yrs in the city where I'm in grad school, and my goodness, do I also appreciate the insight above that 'Having a live-in roommate would be really tough for me if that person weren't very compatible.'

- The things I went through with an academically brilliant young woman (LII, probably) who had major issues with personal hygiene and physical self-awareness.
    - With my identical, who was going through crazy stressful re-processing of childhood trauma and we had all these lead Fi-lead Fi... confusion on 'are we housemates first or friends first', as she would put it... omg.

And then she wasnt gonna be comfortable living with our new roommate for reasons related to her trauma, so she moved out very suddenly. And this new roommate is my conflictor.

And for the first time next week I'll have a male roommate! Who will play some kind of buffer role between me and conflictor, I imagine.

I needed the social safety net of having people around me, especially while adjusting and orienting to a really stressful grad program. And my living habits have improved in this time -- I can really tell when I'm on my own but still clean up after myself more quickly than I did back in my solo living days.

Lease ends in July and I'm apartment-hunting for August already. Gonna be me and a cat and I'm excited for it. My head is still spinning in adjusting to some of the roommate dynamics, but also, at least I have SOME company right now--my small circle of friends and I up here are being really cautious with covid, so I only get to see them every few months... I could see some acquaintances, but the intimacy would just be all off, kinda, so I haven't for a while.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@spaciousfreedom, I’ve found that roommates are a really mixed bag. Almost all of my roommates have been introverts, but not all of them have been easy to live with.

After university, I lived alone for a couple years. Had an LSI GF whom I didn’t live with, then a succession of relatively brief affairs with a variety of women, none of whom lived with me. Each one was fun and unstable. The last one was so crazy that I started to think that I was one of those people who was just not cut out to be married. So I stopped dating and stopped looking.

After about a year of living entirely for myself, I met this female SLI. I didn’t even think she was my type, but we kept hanging out and I started thinking that she was so easy to get along with that it might be possible for the two of us to live together. To test this, I rented a little house on the beach near Charlevoix and we lived there for two weeks. We got along seamlessly, she was smart and sensible and beautiful as hell, I knew she would make a good mother to our children, and I started thinking of marriage.

I did marry her, and I was right; we could live together easily, and we did. Unfortunately, her family had a history of divorce and we were not Duals, so one day, after many years, she moved out. But she was actually a great roommate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When Gulenko types your pair/close friend to a dual by your description, or you know such cases - tell us here.

Duals are not often case in pairs. And not often for close friends, as those are common of same sex and so relations have more predisposition to be emotionally surface as pals, for what closer by abbilities types are also or more interesting.
    Among reasons is that people pay not so much attention to the personality of the pair, compared to sexual passion and social status/material incomes. It's sad, it predisposes to emotionally worse pairs, but it exists massively and seems worldwide. Many people even do not believe to have long good emotions and close friendship in a pair as possible or important, so don't seek for this. With other situation there would be lesser divorces instead of ~50%: as to have good material situation without concrete pair is not hard in many places, as sexual passion reduces significantly during ~3 years, especially when personal attraction and love state are not good, as people overesteemate individualism and don't care enough about the pair so he felt good and both felt good too as people in a pair depend strongly from the state of each other - so stays much lesser than was initially to be in a pair; it's important to have good friendship and love state so long relations were more interesting and attractive than switching to other pairs.
    Also there is a quantity of other relatively good and not bad IR (semiduality, activation, mirror, mirage, identity) what reduces the chance to choose a dual by personal sympathy factor.

As it's evident that Gulenko understands the lack of data when types by a description, so higher chance he intentionally may say duals, but not because thinks so with an assurance as claims. People like it and hence this helps with new people to come.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @spaciousfreedom, I’ve found that roommates are a really mixed bag. Almost all of my roommates have been introverts, but not all of them have been easy to live with.

After university, I lived alone for a couple years. Had an LSI GF whom I didn’t live with, then a succession of relatively brief affairs with a variety of women, none of whom lived with me. Each one was fun and unstable. The last one was so crazy that I started to think that I was one of those people who was just not cut out to be married. So I stopped dating and stopped looking.

After about a year of living entirely for myself, I met this female SLI. I didn’t even think she was my type, but we kept hanging out and I started thinking that she was so easy to get along with that it might be possible for the two of us to live together. To test this, I rented a little house on the beach near Charlevoix and we lived there for two weeks. We got along seamlessly, she was smart and sensible and beautiful as hell, I knew she would make a good mother to our children, and I started thinking of marriage.

I did marry her, and I was right; we could live together easily, and we did. Unfortunately, her family had a history of divorce and we were not Duals, so one day, after many years, she moved out. But she was actually a great roommate.
    My favorite part of this was "To test it..." Adorable

I was in a relationship with my look-alike, an LSI, for a year during that period of living alone. At first didn't think he was marriage material, then was changing my mind after a few months. Towards the end we talked about him maybe moving in with me down the line. He was QUITE unhealthy, though, which is why I ended up pulling the plug on the whole thing. But we did get along really well, so I think I can relate.

Hmm.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers, @Suspiria, @megedy, @aster
    I'm curious
    What are the questions he asked you? Can you share?
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I'm curious
    Additional questions to Attila
    1. Were you doing well in school? Which subjects did you do better? <= easy enough, was a str8 A student :/, IT and foreign languages+math. I hated literature.
    2. Can you sort out a lot of information in your area of interest? <= well yeah and I ranted about that.
    3. What does it mean for you to be a "problem solver"? <= explained how I solved problems at work and for friends, specific examples.
    4. Do you finish what you started when you no longer have an interest? <= I said NO, because I don't.
    5. How do you memorize data? Numbers, dates, multiplication tables? Do you use associations or analogies? <= I hate rote memorization, prefer associative thinking and understanding how shit works. My memory is bad for unimportant details.
    6. Do you have a mood swings during the course of a day? <= nope, stable mood unless someone pisses me off or I feel ill.
    7. In what situations are you alive and emotional? <= gave specific examples, concert, good movie, in love, doomer music
    8. Do you perceive well the emotional state of the person next to you? <= I said yes, easy for me to read body language and to understand other ppl.
    9. Do you like jokes? Can you be ironic? <= yupp, I often joke with friends, sometimes crude jokes.
    10. How do you feel during your public appearances? <= anxious, would rather stay in the background, but I can handle myself surprisingly well if put in a spot.
    11. How would you behave if you find yourself in a conflict situation? <= fight or flight and gave specific examples including punching through plasterboard walls at work, breaking doors, punching ppl & fighting in the street when I was a kid, smashing equipment, openly threatening people with violence.
    12. Do you maintain orderliness in your room/closet/desk? <= my answer was NO, I am messy and disorganized.
    13. Do you play sports? If so, what kind of sport? <= answer was not really outside of strength training & enjoying competitive gaming.
    14. Do you have a best friend? Compare yourself to him/her. How do you differ in character? <= gave a comparison.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-27-2021 at 02:44 PM.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious
    1. Do you dream a lot? If so, what are your dreams about?
    2. Do you have a mood swings during the course of a day?
    3. Are you anxious in certain situations?
    4. Do you feel that any events will happen?
    5. How do you handle your finances?
    6. Do you believe in “happy end”?
    7. Do you like to spend your time outdoors, in nature?
    8. How would you behave if you find yourself in a conflict situation?
    9. Do little kids love you?
    10. Do you have a close friend? Compare yourself to him/her. How do you differ in
    character?
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some of us were asked to compare ourselves to our girlfriends/boyfriends, others to our friends/close friends.

I wonder if this is intentional, or if it's the question serves exactly the same purpose, just framed differently?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Some of us were asked to compare ourselves to our girlfriends/boyfriends, others to our friends/close friends.

I wonder if this is intentional, or if it's the question serves exactly the same purpose, just framed differently?
    were they looking at ITR or just how we saw other ppl compared to self image? ?_? btw why did I get 14 questions and you guys 10?
    Last edited by SGF; 01-27-2021 at 06:46 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    were they looking at ITR or just how we saw other ppl compared to self image? ?_? btw why did I get 14 questions and you guys 10?
    How people compared. Edit: could've been looking at ITRs too

I got 11 questions btw.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 01-27-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    He seems more sure of their type based on their first video. Based on the questions you get, G and/or his team was unsure if you are Ne/Si valuing or Ne/Si and there are some F questions so he was unsure about something related to Fe but it could be anything, he may have just tested the position of Fe(polr, seeking, etc) to be sure of your type.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second set of questions depends upon what you said in the first video. From what I understand, Gulenko already knows your type from the first video, just that the second video is to determine your subtype.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he types like me, he probably already has an idea about your type within the first few minutes of your first video. the rest would be about confirming the hypothesis.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    The second set of questions depends upon what you said in the first video. From what I understand, Gulenko already knows your type from the first video, just that the second video is to determine your subtype.
    That may be true. I am sure Gulenko and his team have seen different types of people since he is a known socionist in this field. However, I think everyone possess different level of difficulty due to the effect of different typologies such as enneagram and upbringing and trauma etc. If he is certain about everyone's type by only reviewing two videos, his conclusions will fail some people for sure.
    Last edited by myresearch; 01-28-2021 at 12:00 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be true. I am sure Gulenko and his team have seen different types of people since he is a known socionist in this field. However, I think everyone possess different level of difficulty due to the effect of different typologies such as enneagram and upbringing and trauma etc. If he is certain about everyone's type by only reviewing two videos, his conclusions will fail some people for sure.
    I have been wondering if he sometimes doesn't come to a conclusion and refunds or if does more than 2 interview videos in certain cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSJOpuTQk-0

this SEE reminds me of a person that I can't remember right now. a shame that he mentions his type so soon because I want to know if I come to the same conclusions. I just immediatly saw him as extrovert.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be true. I am sure DarkAngelFireWolf69 and his team have seen different types of people since he is a known socionist in this field. However, I think everyone possess different level of difficulty due to the effect of different typologies such as enneagram and upbringing and trauma etc. If he is certain about everyone's type by only reviewing two videos, his conclusions will fail some people for sure.
    I’ve gone over this point many times: he’s a Ph.D who’s got over 30 years experience and a research institute on this subject. He’s not a hobbyist and this is his life’s work just like Augusta’s. Anyone can disagree with his analysis, but that won’t make them an expert or anymore knowledgeable in this area.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That SEE dude strikes me as SEE-C which I think is the most common, stereotypical SEE. I’m restrained and not so impulsive as typical SEEs since I have developed Ti + Fi. An EP with EP temperament is chaotic and I’ve seen some of that guy’s videos and he’s literally all over the place. I knew he had developed Ne, but hard to know where the Ne is placed with Model A.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed Se base types have this solidity not only to their bodies but also facial features seem heavy, solid, well built. Makes me wonder how much of one's genetics plays a part in type. Most SLEs for example seem to be high testosterone, even the women. a lot of the recommendations for becoming more C sub which relate to Se or simply improving Se are stuff one has to do to increase testosterone, such as :eating red meat a lot, contact team sports, becoming more competitive and taking every small advantage over other people one can get.. weight lifting.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I edited and added some to a couple of comments about daydreaming in this thread (here)-
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been wondering if he sometimes doesn't come to a conclusion and refunds or if does more than 2 interview videos in certain cases.
    I hope he does.

He is fair about his feedbacks. However, it is hard to pinpoint statements to IE's and their positions since integration of IEs determines the type, hence fractal parts may not sound true without describing the integration. I would love if G has done what he suggests, but it would take too much effort and time and it could increase the risk of misconception. G's reporting style is more safe and sound and a good choice since he gets paid from it.

I’ve gone over this point many times: he’s a Ph.D who’s got over 30 years experience and a research institute on this subject. He’s not a hobbyist and this is his life’s work just like Augusta’s. Anyone can disagree with his analysis, but that won’t make them an expert or anymore knowledgeable in this area.
    I know that he is not hobbyist and I like his work and typing skills. Every human can make mistake and when it comes to socionics which covers human psyche, it is hard to be certain about some individuals. I am sure he has seen lots of different people and typed them since he has a solid experience in this area. I would like more forum members to get typed by him, I am learning from his conclusions and he has my trust on this to some degree. Based on the different questionnaires prepared for different people, he is likely to want to uncover uncertainity. So maybe he asks for additional videos when he isnt sure about someone's type although it may be rare occasion. However, if he is certain about everyone's type with only 2 videos, errors will be inevitable. But this doesnt mean that his margin of error is high or anyone here typed incorrectly. Noone is or will be almighty or flawless, this is the fact of life and not aim to dis G or anyone typed by him.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, the russian trolls have their presence even on Gulenko's review videos. Had to go in and give them some fodder by linking the original typing videos instead of the 4 min review. Let's see if they manage to come up with something even better than Sol level typology like what t-shirt you're wearing and if you scratched your nose once. The "marshall in void" girl (claims to be SLE) is especially great, she doesn't even know what Jungian dichotomies are but claims to have the only description of extroverted sensing on her own youtube channel, lmfao.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Lol, the russian trolls have their presence even on Gulenko's review videos. Had to go in and give them some fodder by linking the original typing videos instead of the 4 min review. Let's see if they manage to come up with something even better than Sol level typology like what t-shirt you're wearing and if you scratched your nose once. The "marshall in void" girl (claims to be SLE) is especially great, she doesn't even know what Jungian dichotomies are but claims to have the only description of extroverted sensing on her own youtube channel, lmfao.
    wtf I just noticed you went through with it! lemme load up the sock puppet account and give a like.

Btw, I think there are some butt-hurt typists floating around who envy G getting all the $ expect them in the comment section and in forum posts.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-28-2021 at 09:55 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that he is not hobbyist and I like his work and typing skills. Every human can make mistake and when it comes to socionics which covers human psyche, it is hard to be certain about some individuals. I am sure he has seen lots of different people and typed them since he has a solid experience in this area. I would like more forum members to get typed by him, I am learning from his conclusions and he has my trust on this to some degree. Based on the different questionnaires prepared for different people, he is likely to want to uncover uncertainity. So maybe he asks for additional videos when he isnt sure about someone's type although it may be rare occasion. However, if he is certain about everyone's type with only 2 videos, errors will be inevitable. But this doesnt mean that his margin of error is high or anyone here typed incorrectly. Noone is or will be almighty or flawless, this is the fact of life and not aim to dis G or anyone typed by him.
    Ok, this is what I have a problem with. Why do you want to piggyback people who got typed by G? Why don’t you spend the money and get yourself typed by him? And plus, he teaches classes so you can spend your money and learn from him directly. You’re trying to rip off his research and methods through random people.

And no, he doesn’t ask for additional videos for anyone who’s been typed. People can be bitchass angry that they didn’t get the type that they wanted and complain to him but that’s not his problem if you psychologically built yourself up around a false identity. You assume that 2 videos isn’t enough but that’s arbitrary on your part since you don’t have the research knowledge he has so you can’t determine what his method is or why it is. And no one is almighty but so what? We’re not talking about God and so I don’t know why you brought that in, as that’s another thing altogether. We’re talking about socionics and who has in-depth expertise and knowledge, DarkAngelFireWolf69 with Ph.D and his entire life’s work for 30+ years vs hobbyists on a forum.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, this is what I have a problem with. Why do you want to piggyback people who got typed by G?
    I am trying to understand how different types of people got typed, why do you frame a question like that?

Why don’t you spend the money and get yourself typed by him?
    I am certain of my type and dont need confirmation at this moment.

And plus, he teaches classes so you can spend your money and learn from him directly.
    If he shares people's videos and types with me, I would pay but he cannot do that due to data protection act/law.

You’re trying to rip off his research and methods through random people.
    As I said, I am trying to understand how different types of people got typed by watching videos and seeing his conclusions. He has zero benefit and harm from this. As I said, if he shared his database with me, I would pay.

And no, he doesn’t ask for additional videos for anyone who’s been typed. People can be bitchass angry that they didn’t get the type that they wanted and complain to him but that’s not his problem if you psychologically built yourself up around a false identity.
    It is impossible to be certain of 7.8 billion's type by watching two videos. Yes, people can get angry if they didnt get what they want. However, some angry or pleased people will be typed wrong.

You assume that 2 videos isn’t enough but that’s arbitrary on your part since you don’t have the research knowledge he has so you can’t determine what his method is or why it is.
    This is not an arbitrary assumption. Human mind, information metabolism is complex. Everyone goes through different kind of life paths which some evidently effect how their brain work besides socionics. So different type of people doom to possess different levels of difficulty when it comes to typing. Hence, noone can type everyone on earth without a margin of error. My knowledge of socionics is irrelevant, this is not about me or him, noone can do this. There is a margin of error in different kinds of works. Socionics or anything related to psychology is more complex, unknown and unprovable to clarify. Hence I can say this without having an expert knowledge for socionics and other typology, psychology areas.

And no one is almighty but so what? We’re not talking about God and so I don’t know why you brought that in, as that’s another thing altogether. We’re talking about socionics and who has in-depth expertise and knowledge, DarkAngelFireWolf69 with Ph.D and his entire life’s work for 30+ years vs hobbyists on a forum.
    I brought that up, because I basically say that if he is certain about all people's type without additional videos besides two videos, he will make a mistake and although, you never claim that he cannot do any mistake directly. You are mentioning his phd and experience like you claim otherwise. To be sure, are you saying that he cannot make any mistake about someone's type?

If you do, then you are saying his method/skills are flawless which would be inhumane/almighty since people who have lots of experience and phd in medicine, science, engineering etc can do mistakes, making mistake about socionics's type or attachment style or something related to typology, psychology is much more easy. This isn't about Gulenko, if there was any another socionist I would say the same thing. I can even say noone can type everyone with %100 accuracy. Gulenko can decrease his margin error by asking for additional videos when he is uncertain or refunding as dead suggests. Some other people can decrease their margin errors in different ways. Having a room for improvement doesnt decrease the credibility or success of a work.
    Last edited by myresearch; 01-28-2021 at 02:14 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSJOpuTQk-0

this SEE reminds me of a person that I can't remember right now. a shame that he mentions his type so soon because I want to know if I come to the same conclusions. I just immediatly saw him as extrovert.
    It's amazing that he thinks he could be Si base. He shows clear signs of Se. I think he simply takes his Se for granted and is unable to see it as his base function.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)