Thread: Which type(s) do you prefer communicating with?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type(s) do you prefer communicating with?

Two part question...

Which socionics type do you prefer talking to in-person?

Which socionics type do you prefer talking to via text?

For reference, I've met folks who work in extremes. Texters who dislike in-person chats & In-person communicators who clam up during texts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't identified the types of most of the people I communicate with IRL - due to lack of experience or confidence, I have no type preference.

In general I dislike texting when there is an option to voice call instead. My texting appears as single long and spaced out paragraphs - this style may not flow seamlessly with a person whose texting style is bullet point bursts of thoughts - could that difference in texting style be type related?

I don't intend to monologue, rather I try to condense everything that needs to be said into one block of text. But I can see how my messages could be overwhelming to be on receiving end of.

If there is an important message to pass on, I would prefer to do this by voice or in person to reduce possible misunderstanding.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with low Ti will be text-bombing your phone.

I typically have a hard time speaking with Te types, but it's not impossible. Si makes me bored.

But if the person is polite and engaging I can talk with them. I think ethical types might have an easier time with this though, especially Fe and Fi creatives.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If phone numbers have actually been exchanged, I'm interested in engaging the other person the best I can.... regardless of type

However, sensors seem opposed to abstract discussion even if it pertains to their real-life experience... particularly via text.

I suppose its the effort to communicate that cool in my book

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t want to talk to anyone lol
    Other EII are a pleasure to text. We keep it short and concise. And we love bomb on one another which is wonderful
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I don’t want to talk to anyone lol
    Other EII are a pleasure to text. We keep it short and concise. And we love bomb on one another which is wonderful
    I guess I discriminate against beautiful skies. I prefer the night sky instead of the day. Does that make me racist?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    I guess I discriminate against beautiful skies. I prefer the night sky instead of the day. Does that make me racist?
    Lol those are beautiful to look at too
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If phone numbers have actually been exchanged, I'm interested in engaging the other person the best I can.... regardless of type

However, sensors seem opposed to abstract discussion even if it pertains to their real-life experience... particularly via text.

I suppose its the effort to communicate that cool in my book
    I agree about the effort part. Receiving a message from someone who just wants to check in with me can make a positive difference to my day, so I try to do the same.

When you text someone there is often a delay because the rest of life gets in the way. I don't want to be attached to my phone, it is mostly for making plans.
    Talk that is less practical is going to be realised better in person, or at least when you can sit down and give someone your complete undivided attention. You have a clear head to contemplate ideas, at least. Abstract things take a lot of my concentration.

Face to face it's much easier to comment and receive an immediate response which inspires further comment and idea generation.
    In my experience that is how you arrive at something more abstract, because conversation freely flows, especially when your conversation partner is the more intuitive one.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I agree about the effort part. Receiving a message from someone who just wants to check in with me can make a positive difference to my day, so I try to do the same.

When you text someone there is often a delay because the rest of life gets in the way. I don't want to be attached to my phone, it is mostly for making plans.
    Talk that is less practical is going to be realised better in person, or at least when you can sit down and give someone your complete undivided attention. You have a clear head to contemplate ideas, at least. Abstract things take a lot of my concentration.

Face to face it's much easier to comment and receive an immediate response which inspires further comment and idea generation.
    In my experience that is how you arrive at something more abstract, because conversation freely flows, especially when your conversation partner is the more intuitive one.
    Decent insight. What's your socionics type?

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dusk is the most beautiful sky, other than with one of sunset.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decent insight. What's your socionics type?
    Thanks @Stray Cat
    I'm unsure. A type who values and/or consciously uses Ti - realistically I don't have enough proof yet for one type over another.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta ST.

Delta NF.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Dusk is the most beautiful sky, other than with one of sunset.
    The dusty sky, the point where mother nature refused to do her job & whip out her broom

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In-person: SLEs
    On-text: SEEs, IEIs, IEEs, ILEs

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types I struggle with (not all of them, but in general): istj, esfj, esfp, isfp, entj, enfj, infj
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition