Thread: EIE 9 IEI 9 SEI 9, how could describe them please ? (:

Default EIE 9 IEI 9 SEI 9, how could describe them please ? (:

Hello everyone ! (:

So it appears that I could be EIE or IEI. Or other possibility SEI (but maybe I'm too head-in-the-clouds for this sensor type.) ^^
    But I have a few questions : are some of you with those types who are enneagram 9 here ? How could you describe an EIE 9, an IEI 9 and a SEI 9 ?
    I ask that because for example I have the impression that IEIs are presented more like 4s.
    For the little explanation in the MBTI I'm INFP 947 probably so/sx (unless I was totally wrong since some years, who knows (x) and so my 9 side makes me kind of different than the stereotypical INFP 4 presented online as a bit more dramatic/emotionally expressive and so on. And I feel IEI 4s are considered like that too.
    And last thing : it is really possible to be INFP in the MBTI and EIE in socionics ? I know it's better to forget MBTI when searching oneself type in socionics but those personalities are quite differents, one extroverted and one introverted, to start with, so I wondered.

So yes I wanted to discuss that with you, what do you think ?

And by the way here my other thread, to understand this one:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...45#post1343045

Thanks in advance (;

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

9s are introvert so EIE 9 isnt possible, EIE 2 is.
    To cross the bridge between socionics and ennragram you can see SEI as directly translated to 9w8 and IEI to 9w1.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaFeeMoineau View Post
    And last thing : it is really possible to be INFP in the MBTI and EIE in socionics ? I know it's better to forget MBTI when searching oneself type in socionics but those personalities are quite differents, one extroverted and one introverted, to start with, so I wondered.

Thanks in advance (;
    Your Socioncs type is your real type. Then it doesn't matter what your MBTI type was. It can be the same or not. I know it might sound strange but MBTI is not entirely correct as a typology. It comes a long way but some mistakes prevents MBTI to see the types in their full glory.

I've also gone through the "MBTI stage" thinking it was so great. But Socionics "sees" the types much more accurately. But one needs to observe the intertype relationships for some time to learn it better.

But maybe you are IEI, and then you typed yourself correctly before. Or maybe you are EIE, and then you might have typed yourself by mistake according to non-type features in MBTI.

Btw, I am SEI 9.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Thanks for your inputs ^^ @Number 9 large I'm think I'm 9 with well balanced wings. More wing 1 when I don't really feel at ease(at work, with strangers....) and more wing 8 in private. @Tallmo yes mistyping is always possible, who knows ! Functions and descriptions of types in typologies can be tricky, you can believe that this statement or this statement seems like you or like a person you know because in fact you don't understand this statement. My boyfriend is into typologies too, and we are arrived to the conclusion that I was INFP in MBTI because my Fi is sooo obvious (we laugh often about that, he loves to kindly tease me and make me react with my Fi (x, and I'm truly the poster child Fi Dom who is like " I like it", "I hate it", "white", "black"...) (and Ne aux because hum no way I'm Se aux, or I don't understand nothing ha ha !)
    But maybe we are wrong (:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

E9 people are dreamy, mb slightly autistic, touchy, may look sad
    makes people to look closer than average to I and N

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI 9s are kind of rare, and most often are FE Subtype. It's just a really narrow scope of possibility for an IEI-Ni 9 imo. Mediation is alot of Si, and focusing on something that blocks off Si(Ni) very frequently would run counter to developing those skills. The Fe helps, but for only a portion of it.

Honestly if you're more certain of you being a 9, than a personality type, I'd say it's fairly safe to start at SEI until you understand why you're not. The two have huge overlap.

Sei can be head in the clouds too, it's just a different type of head in the clouds. You know, are you head in the clouds about cookies or head in the clouds about Justice?

Read about quadra values too, do you need refreshment or stimulation more? How lighthearted is your fun? Do you have fun with ideas, or do you derive fulfillment from them? Etc...
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good thread....these are the conversations that need to occur. EIE/IEI/EII Nines have been mistyping themselves as fours for too long now thanks to descriptions, tests, memes, and lists geared towards a one-typology, closed universe mindset.

@Pookie Yes no doubt I'm a true 9 ! ^^
    Hum I'm more head in the clouds being easily distracted and with low concentration (hard to explain !)
    I love fantasy, stories and so on, it makes me dream. As a little girl I was clearly one to dream to be a princess because of fairy tales and Disney !)
    But the presents is often a source for my wonderings. (A song I listen, a picture I see, a little bird I heard tweeting in the tree next to me, a movie I watch...) And often yes I dream about nice, sweet but simple things that will or can happen that lead happiness in my life ( For example during an hard day at work, thinking that after I will have the pleasure to spent some times with my closed ones)

I need more refreshment than stimulation (: And my fun is quite ligthearted, I like it "nice". I hate provocation, vulgarity, or fun which is mean to others.
    Thanks for your thoughts ^^
    @Kill4Me Thank you (:

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pretty much all leans Sei tbh
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

@Pookie Okay thanks (: