Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Socionics has me F#CKN Bewildered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics has me F#CKN Bewildered

Idk if this happens to anyone else, but I'm having a bitch of a time trying to find out what my type is. I've read every type and subtype imaginable that would fit me. I just don't get it. The worst part? Everyone I get close to a breakthrough in this, I just end up feeling lost. To be honest, I'm starting to think that learning about socionics is a fat waste of my time. Just to let you know, every test I take I seem to get different results. The most frequent type I have gotten is ISTP. Thing is, I don't look SLI. And I'm not sure I really act like it either. So tell me, with Te as a creative function, wouldn't I just KNOW my type? Or at least have figured out that most other types don't apply to me? I know I'm new, and I know it's asking alot, but could someone please just to help me figure this out? I can assure you, that while I'm not an expert in this stuff (clearly) I do know SOME things. I am aware of how the functions work as far as leading, creative, mobilizing suggestive, I just don't know what my type is. I've labeled it down to 3 that makes sense for me in this order...SLI, IEE, SEE

Any constructive answer would be cool. I'm sorry to vent, and I know its asking alot. But to be honest, I'm sick of reading, and I need results

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes stupid shit does this.

It's amazing that something can make such little sense that it makes you feel stupid for not understanding it.

You need results like I needed that second slice of cake this morning, kiddo.
    Last edited by Scapegrace; 08-01-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is very accurate on so many levels. Perhaps is just that people don't understand what typology is in general.

It's wrong to focus on behavioural patterns. Sure, most IEEs are crazy but it isn't like you can't find a few who are perfectly self-contained. And if you're looking for poker faced SLIs you're up for disappointment because many SLIs are very socially outgoing.

What you need to focus are on deeper characteristics. Understand functions and see what you really value. Socionics has many axis defined by those functions and it's pretty much impossible to mistake someone for a wrong type when you take them all into account. Merry/serious, dynamic/static, pragmatic/idealist, etc.

Perhaps it's because I'm intuitive myself but I tend to begin my typings with the quadras. Once you get each quadra's vibe it's pretty difficult to mistake a Beta for an Alpha.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ scapegrace, yeah, I guess it is kinda stupid. I just get sick of it after awhile. At mikemex what exactly do you mean by "deeper characteristics"?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Socionics is very accurate on so many levels. Perhaps is just that people don't understand what typology is in general.

It's wrong to focus on behavioural patterns. Sure, most IEEs are crazy but it isn't like you can't find a few who are perfectly self-contained. And if you're looking for poker faced SLIs you're up for disappointment because many SLIs are very socially outgoing.

What you need to focus are on deeper characteristics. Understand functions and see what you really value. Socionics has many axis defined by those functions and it's pretty much impossible to mistake someone for a wrong type when you take them all into account. Merry/serious, dynamic/static, pragmatic/idealist, etc.

Perhaps it's because I'm intuitive myself but I tend to begin my typings with the quadras. Once you get each quadra's vibe it's pretty difficult to mistake a Beta for an Alpha.
    What is your opinion on the lexical hypothesis, and the personality theories derived from it? You might be familiar with it through the Big Five personality traits.

(I'm interested in the opinion of @anndelise and @Kim as well on the above, as well.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

post profile pictures
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Profile pics for VI? Ok I can probably do that. What type of pics do u need exactly?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Socionics becomes more relevant the longer you spend on typing forums.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoW805 View Post
    bitch of a time
    SLE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

Bewilder yourself more.

Don't end up IEE Ne though...

You would have to battle mikemex for ultimate prize and we don't want that at all.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-01-2013 at 03:50 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you narrow down your quadra, or eliminate quadras that don't resonate with you, you can consider temperaments to help narrow down your type. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...le=Temperament

EP temperament (Flexible-maneuvering)
    EJ temperament (Linear-assertive)
    IP temperament (Receptive-adaptive)
    IJ temperament (Balanced-stable)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    SLE
    @ShadoW805 Just from reading your introductory post, my reaction was this doesn't remind me much of SLI. I think @xerx may be on to something.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Grain of a Song of Sand View Post
    What is your opinion on the lexical hypothesis, and the personality theories derived from it? You might be familiar with it through the Big Five personality traits.

(I'm interested in the opinion of @anndelise and @Kim as well on the above, as well.)
    What are you referring to when you say lexical hypothesis?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the OP, I'd recommend spending time typing information before typing yourself/others. I strongly believe that once a person can type the different informations required for an activity or such, then it's easier to recognize when someone values that type of information or prefers to subdue it so they can focus on a different type of information.

I also agree with the quadra approach. Maybe spend some time looking over posts written in each quadra and see which quadra feels more like your style...where you would feel comfortable at. Or analyze which types of convers you like, which you'd rather avoid all together, and which types of convers you wish was going on. (Especially since Alpha lacks many SF posts, while Beta lacks many ST posts.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At mikemex what exactly do you mean by "deeper characteristics"?
    Well, Socionics uses jungian axes and they're pretty much untouched:

Introversion - Extroversion
    Thinking - Feeling
    Sensation - Intuition

Sensation for example, means literality, involvement. Sensors deal well with the current situation they are in, perceive all the relevant details with ease and are in general well aware and connected to the present. This costs them the ability to deal with stuff unrelated to the immediate situation. Obviously, the degree on this limitation is largely exaggerated but compared to intuitives, sensors have a much more limited world view. Intuition means the opposite: meaningness, detachment (abstraction). Intuitives think about unrelated (to sensors) stuff such as things that happened in the past or will happen in the future. Or about places they've never been in. Or stuff that doesn't exist yet. Or about the inner world of people... their perception is so wide that they find it difficult to concentrate in the immediate world.

Every person possess and can use all the eight functions, so it's not a matter of "I can and you can't". It's about the proficiency level of using either mode. For example, I've got an ESE brother and it always amazes me the detailed memory he has. He can remember things well, down to the shape, color, position, etc. I tend to overlook such details but I can retain such information if I really make an effort. In return, I have a much deeper understanding of most issues than he does because intuition allows me to see the essence of things without being distracted by all the details.. He understands generalizations but assimilates them very slowly and with a great deal of effort.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    What are you referring to when you say lexical hypothesis?
    Sorry, the lexical hypothesis of personality, and the theories derived from it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexical_hypothesis

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk if this happens to anyone else, but I'm having a bitch of a time trying to find out what my type is. I've read every type and subtype imaginable that would fit me. I just don't get it. The worst part? Everyone I get close to a breakthrough in this, I just end up feeling lost. To be honest, I'm starting to think that learning about socionics is a fat waste of my time. Just to let you know, every test I take I seem to get different results. The most frequent type I have gotten is ISTP. Thing is, I don't look SLI. And I'm not sure I really act like it either. So tell me, with Te as a creative function, wouldn't I just KNOW my type? Or at least have figured out that most other types don't apply to me? I know I'm new, and I know it's asking alot, but could someone please just to help me figure this out? I can assure you, that while I'm not an expert in this stuff (clearly) I do know SOME things. I am aware of how the functions work as far as leading, creative, mobilizing suggestive, I just don't know what my type is. I've labeled it down to 3 that makes sense for me in this order...SLI, IEE, SEE

Any constructive answer would be cool. I'm sorry to vent, and I know its asking alot. But to be honest, I'm sick of reading, and I need results
    Interestingly the first type that came to my mind reading the first couple lines of your OP was SLI

in my experience one can see oneself in their dual's type description as well, just because that is what you admire and wish you were like.

SLIs can have different "looks" to them. and as far as acting like an SLI, there are many misconceptions out there about that...

that said, there is no good test for socionics types, but sounds like you've done quite a bit of studying already, and i concur with the types you are considering.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has rung very true in my experience as well. And in contrast some variants of IEEs can be quite socially introverted and homebodies (like myself well, i can be outgoing sometimes, but sometimes not)

This is my approach as well...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Profile pics for VI? Ok I can probably do that. What type of pics do u need exactly?
    some of you alone, not too close not too far, and one from the shoulder up directly from the side with your hair back pls.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE
    ftr, this is satire and i'm long past caring.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Grain of a Song of Sand View Post

To be honest, I didn't know of that, I'll think about it. In the meantime, I'd say that language is an acquired skill and thus, it's not really related to the essence of a person.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you do? Do you like to watch people's actions and judge what they do and how they behave?

Try the link in my signature for the description of the functions and choose functions not descriptions. The reason why I say this is because human beings can have variations in behavior based on their environment and other nurtured ways.

SLE
    I seriously don't think he's SLE because SLE, when choosing their type will go experimenting all types, like trying them out as if the were shoes, only later picking and sticking with their type, this behavior manifests here on the forum...like what DJ Arendee and many other Beta Types do in switching to and from a type to live it/experience it; this person is just thinking about which type fits best.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think that those who can't seem to pinpoint their actions and have a lot of possible ideas as to their type kind of helps to type them to begin with. Doesn't the fact that someone's having trouble with a concrete description of your self in accordance to a system like Socionics say something about them? Not like there's anything wrong with that, just an idea.
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackholeRoad View Post
    I tend to think that those who can't seem to pinpoint their actions and have a lot of possible ideas as to their type kind of helps to type them to begin with. Doesn't the fact that someone's having trouble with a concrete description of your self in accordance to a system like Socionics say something about them? Not like there's anything wrong with that, just an idea.
    Possibly, yes; and that is that the idea of themselves is sometimes internal rather than external. For instance I meet LSE who type themselves an introverted type and a feeler, this I've discovered is because they think of themselves according to an idea, this idea being that they assume certain traits to be attached to ONLY these types, which isn't accurate; one has to look at what they do, how they do it, and their social purpose.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very observant of you Maritsa.

I'm sure that would never happen to other types, for example a mistyped ESE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    That's very observant of you Maritsa.

I'm sure that would never happen to other types, for example a mistyped ESE.
    bait....

My mother is the most observant person of me both internally and externally; she would know better than you.
    -

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I seriously don't think he's SLE because SLE, when choosing their type will go experimenting all types, like trying them out as if the were shoes, only later picking and sticking with their type, this behavior manifests here on the forum...like what DJ Arendee and many other Beta Types do in switching to and from a type to live it/experience it; this person is just thinking about which type fits best.
    k

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bait....

My mother is the most observant person of me both internally and externally; she would know better than you.
    Is she a geophysicist and uses a stethoscope and sound to determine your sociotype?

Maybe she's a robotics expert and uses a laparoscope?

Socionics is so much easier when you can just look at the three letter code tattooed onto peoples hind brain.

Advanced VI. Gulenko would be proud.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is she a geophysicist and uses a stethoscope and sound to determine your sociotype?

Maybe she's a robotics expert and uses a laparoscope?

Socionics is so much easier when you can just look at the three letter code tattooed onto peoples hind brain.

Advanced VI. Gulenko would be proud.
    uhum. She's awesome at it
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhum. She's awesome at it
    Oh my.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh my.
    anything to get a rise out of you because it seems as though that that's the way you like to live. On the constant rise.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the constant rise.
    The only way is up Maritsa!

Big money, big women, big fun.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The only way is up Maritsa!

Big money, big women, big fun.
    Apparently so. Don't forget your soul while you're doing it.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently so. Don't forget your soul while you're doing it.
    I have an exquisite collection of souls. Some are big and some are small, some are even mistyped.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a exquisite collection of souls. Some are big and some are small, some are even mistyped.
    Excellent; now that you're SLI maybe you can build yourself a lovely shelf to display them all.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent; now that you're SLI maybe you can build yourself a lovely shelf to display them all.
    What a rare notion. Alas I'm afraid souls despise being left in storage; they must be hugged, caressed and entertained continuously; otherwise they become dispirited.

I'm too humanist to store my soul collection so against their wishes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What a rare notion. Alas I'm afraid souls despise being left in storage; they must be hugged, caressed and entertained continuously; otherwise they become dispirited.

I'm too humanist to store my soul collection so against their wishes.
    This is getting nowhere.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting nowhere.
    And here was me thinking it was just getting friendly and amiable!

The only way is up, don't be a debbie downer Maritsa.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I watch people? Well the way I see it actions speak louder than words. I don't really require correctness from others unless I feel that they are acting out of place. I observe what they do, if they care for me our not. If not,I see no reason to interact with said person unless I need them in some way. It takes time for most people to be anything more than that. For themost part though, personal harmony is very important. And if I can be of service to someone, I would hope to earn their respect. I might say something mean to someone else, but it's usually meant to defend myself or what I know for a fact is right..and yes I knowthat I don't know everything so toss that out.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast